Miss Gryffindor || h. potter...

By beachsideviews

๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ || "I love you, you idiot!" ฯŸ Besides daring, nerve, and chivalry, Gryffindor... More

before you read
epigraph
prologue
- 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
- 10
11
12
13
14
15
- 16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

- 30

2K 30 3
By beachsideviews

"WHY ISN'T DINNER DONE ANTOINETTE?" Lucius huffed as he walked into the kitchen head held high as he placed one foot in front of another pushing the door open and letting it fall shut behind him. "Ariana, I sent you in here for one reason only and that was to make sure that dinner was made and the kitchen cleaned before five. What is the point of having you around if you can't even handle one thing right?"

Storming out of the kitchen calling down his wife and son, Lucius left a rapid wave of wind trailing behind him causing Antoinette - a medium height, black curly haired girl that was hired by the Malfoy's in replace of Lorelai - to roll her eyes.

"Tête de noeud," (knot head or dick head) the younger woman muttered under her breath as the man was leaving the room causing the girl to chuckle which quickly turned to a rapid inhale of breath that she almost choked on when she heard the man's voice again.
"Tu sais que je peux te comprendre correct?" (Do you know I can understand you correct?)

Lucius voice rang through her head as she glanced at the woman who was cutting food next to her as she did the dishes. Seeing Antoinette nervously sweat caused Aria to let out a light chuckle as she dropped the now clean plate into its slot in the drier rack.
"Et vous vous rendez compte que vous parlez français comme une vache espagnole, n'est-ce pas?" (And you realize you speak French like a Spanish cow, don't you?)

As the words slipped from her mouth she saw Lucius face twitch if it was confusion or anger she couldn't tell but at that moment, a hand on her hip staring the man down like he wasn't three times her size. She came to a realization, those crazy adventures, brave friends and inspiring lessons at Hogwarts had brought the - once dormented - brave side out of Aria and she couldn't conclude if she could ever go back to being the sweet girl she was before and honestly, she didn't even care so when Lucius stormed out of the kitchen officially she smirked satisfied as she turned around to continue to help Antoniette finish dinner.

"You're welcome." Aria breathed out lightly shifting her weight on her feet causing Antoniette to let out a warming laugh causing Aria to express a tiny but noticeable smile.
~~
Silence loomed over the four as they sat at the dinning room table all that could be heard were the chimes of the ancient clocks within the walls of the Malfoy's mansion which blended in with the scrapes of silverware against the plates which were full of food. Aria could feel Draco's eyes locked on her but ignored it none the less with a wheezy feeling in his stomach as she poked at her food.
"So, Draco. How were you studies last year? You didn't get into much trouble did you?" Narcissa spoke in a calm voice attempting to start a normal conversation within the group despite the tension that has been settling for years.

"I think I am the wrong person to be asking that question to, mother." Draco replied directing the conversation to the brunette "What have you been up to this past year, Anderson?"

Aria brought her eyes up to the platinum blonde haired boy who held a subtle smirk on his face causing Aria to squint irritated.
"You know damn well what has happened this past year Malfoy, why are you always trying to start shite." Aria spat venom in her voice.
"Watch your language girl." Lucius retorted causing Aria to suck in a breath tightening her lips together in a sealed way.
"We have been informed of all the predicament's that Aria has caused with those blood traitor Weasley's and that mudblood granger." Lucius seethed through his teeth as Aria's grasp tightened on her silverwear she was holding in her hand.
"Don't forget the Harry Potter." Draco emphasized sarcastically on the 'the.' Which Aria squinted at and Lucius's jaw tightened at the mention of the name.
"How many times --" Lucius began but was cut off by Narcissa who spoke in a hesitant voice, "Lucius. Please, can't we have one dinner without this repetitive dispute?"

"With children like ours I'm afraid that's not possible, Narcissa." Lucius snapped rather aggressively causing the woman to sink in her seat lightly rather frustrated and upset well the family owl flew in through one of the windows and dropped the mail in front of Lucius before dipping back out not wanting to be in that house a minute longer - and honestly Aria couldn't blame it.
"Where is that bloody woman?! She's supposed to be controlling that bird - she knows that I do not want my mail delivered to me during dinner. It is completely disrespectful and anyone who sends mail this late in the day is completely..." the man trailed off as he ripped open the letter before a scowl appeared on his face as he skimmed over the letter.

"What is it?" Narcissa questioned before Lucius stood up the loud scrap of a chair against the floor echoed with aggression as he pointed a finger at Aria, "You. Kitchen, now!"
Storming off towards the kitchen, smoke technically firing out of the man's ears in anger Aria rapidly got up and followed reluctantly and as the door shut behind her he turned to face her.
"So." he said stressed irritated, seeing the confusion on the girls face he repeated, "So."

Aria wanted to say, 'So what? I don't speak minds - Lucius.'

But the girl bit her tongue and looked politely confused.
"This just arrived," he waved the letter around in front of the girl

I know. I was there. the girl thought.

"A letter. About you."

Aria was taken back, she hadn't received letters all summer - she never does. She figured Lucius was withholding her letters from the trio and the twins but didn't want to test his irritation so she kept her mouth shut.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy,
Though we have had our troubles in the past, I am sure that you know by now that Aria has made a positive impact on my children. As you might know, the final of the Quidditch World Cup takes place this Monday night, and Arthur has just managed to get prime tickets through his connections at the Department of Magical Games and Sports. I do hope you will allow us to take Aria to the match, as this really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; Britain hasn't hosted the cup for thirty years, and tickets are extremely hardto come by. If you already have plans to take the brilliant girl to the match than we hope that you at least make plans to meet up with my boys so they can see her. We would of course be glad to have Aria stay forthe remainder of the summer holidays, and to see her safely onto the train back to school if that what you wish or what she wishes.

Hoping to see Aria soon,
Yours sincerely, Molly Weasley.

"How come those blood traitor Weasley's are inviting my daughter to the world cup?"
"They're just trying to be nice -- "
"Nice?" Lucius scoffed quiet obnoxiously. "Those people don't know anything about us and they are just assuming that --"

"They aren't assuming anything!" Aria interrupted
"What have I told you about interrupting me? You're a woman! Your job is to sit by, listen and obey the man of the house! You are supposed to keep your mouth shut until you are given permission to speak! How many times do I have to go over this with you to get it through your thick head!" Lucius voice rose dramatically with almost word.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I AM NOT YOUR DAUGHTER! You murdered my mother, your whole family did! With your relations to Voldemort, everyone you know and love will in the end, end up dead! And I think a part of you knows that and I can tell you one thing for sure and that I won't be in any relations to you when that happens!" Aria backfired causing Lucius to snap and rush at the girl - his wand digging into her neck threateningly after knocking numerous items down in the process as Narcissa rushed in concerned only to see the scene and look at it with wide eyes.
"Lucius!" Narcissa exclaimed which earned Draco to make his entrance, he stared shocked himself at the scene but couldn't mutter out a word or perform in action because of it so instead he stared at Aria swallowing nervously as he glanced between them.

"I have let you live in my house, wear clothes that I buy you, eat food that I pay for and read the books that I have displayed around the house and yet you continuously disrespect me and for what? Some people at the lowest of the population chain that gain no respect from the wizarding community? That would leave you without a second thought or as quick as a blink in the eye? That would toss you aside like you were nothing if something went wrong? The Weasley's are a pathetic excuse for a family and would never ever do anything for you so I suggest you learn some manners our you could end up just like your mother."

Aria smirked, wickedness shinning in her eyes as she peered up at the man.
"You may have more money, more power. But the Weasley's have one thing that you will never ever get and that is respect. You may think you have gained it by siding with Voldemort but the truth is Lucius... the only thing that has done for you is cause people to fear you and if you have had that as a goal, then congratu - fucking - lations. But I know that every human craves affection, love, support and if you think siding with him will get you that, then you are the truly pathetic one." Aria spat back causing Lucius to let slip of a word causing a jet streak to collide with the girls neck, imprinting a scar grasping it in pain to let out a breath as Lucius stumbled backwards in shock but he quickly gained himself and went to speak but the girl cut him off.
"Let me guess, I have thirty minutes to pack my things and be on my way." she mocked him in her best impression of the man as Narcissa approached the man standing next to him.

"Aria - we can work this out, please just take a minute and think about what you are doing." Narcissa began as the girl headed out of the kitchen.
"Sorry Narcissa, but if I stay in this house a minute longer my head might explode or worse." she tilted her head letting the door close behind her as she rushed up the stairs her breathing rigid and she frantically began to back when all of a sudden a sob choked out of her mouth, and so she ran her hands over and face and through her hair. She wasn't sure what came over her, maybe it was Lucius trash talking the only family she had left. The trio. The twins. Or maybe, it was him calling her daughter. She thinking about it caused shivers down her mouth and caused her to gag in disgust. She didn't regret what she said, after all it was the truth but what feared her the most was that she stood with one of the top darkest wizards in centuries wand pointing directly at her skin and she didn't fear him one bit all she felt was the tingle of revenge. To avenge her mother's death, to get back at him for all the shit he put him through. Not hearing the bedroom door close Draco's voice hit her ears.
"What the hell was that?" He hissed as she continued to pack.
"Not now Draco." Aria shook her head which only pissed Draco more off causing him to grab her wrist stopping her movements.

"Get off of me -" Aria shook trying to free herself and going to punch him, not thinking straight, he stopped her with his hand causing her to gasp in shock at the sudden movement.
"I am not your enemy, okay?" Draco reassured quietly almost like he was trying to convince himself.
"Are you kidding me? You have been making my friends and I's lives a living hell for the past three years, not to mention mine for longer --" Aria trailed off
"That's because you made that stupid mistake and befriended possibly the most reckless people on earth." Draco scoffed finally letting go of the girls wrist.
"Than what's your deal? Why are you acting like this?"

"What you said, about your mother... I had nothing to do with her death, you know that right?" Draco questioned
"No, but you knew and when the news traveled around school about a break in.. or a heart attack... you did nothing. Now I have to get going before your dad attempts to kill me again." She said picking up her packed bag and moving towards her trunk to finish packing letting her hair swish around to reveal the scar created by Lucius on her neck that resembled harry's which the young girl hadn't noticed yet but Draco did and as he caught a glimpse of it he swallowed nervously before heading out of the room.

Grabbing her items including Faith the girl said goodbye to the house elves and staff and thanking them for their hard work the girl grabbed her letter from Molly and with one last look towards the Malfoy's especially Draco she stepped into the fireplace a handful of floo powder, calling out the name of the location she desired and with a explosion of smoke the girl vanished.
~~
Aria spun faster and faster, her arms attached to her sides, her stomach flopping as blurred fireplaces flashed past him then in sudden movement her feet slammed against the ground. She glanced around taking in her surroundings while the warm atmosphere that the unique home already consumed her like a giant hug that she had been needing for quite some time now.

She wondered if she was in the same place or not, but as she recalled what Ron had described his house as and the pictures that he had pulled of when she asked for more detail being quite intrigued at the time - the young girl put two and two together especially when her eyes landed on a photo of them standing together as a family setting down faith gently next to another owl which caused the bird to chirp as she set her trunk on the ground her bag with Undetectable Extension Charm laced on it to hold all the things she owned without running out of space. The girl decided to walk around the living room, glancing at the numerous pictures Molly had out and the dishes magically cleaning themselves over the sink and then her eyes landed on something she had never seen before, it was a clock with a picture of each Weasley on their own spoon pointing in their location. The twins, Arthur and Ron were all pointed towards 'traveling' which caused Aria to furrow her eyebrows wondering where they went but she figured she ask later. Molly's was pointed towards 'garden' and Ginny's was at 'home' along with Bill, Charlie and Percy.

"You must be.... Aria, correct?" a voice spoke up causing Aria to spin quickly to face where the voice was coming from to see a short and stocky boy with muscular arms, he was very freckled in the face like all the other Weasley's and also had their bright ginger hair. His fingers were covered in calluses and blisters. He smiled softly noticing her looking rather lost in the conversation and approached her grabbing her attention once again holding out a hand.
"I'm Charlie, Ron's older brother. Are you here for the Quidditch Cup? Ron told us Mum invited you but no one heard back and we got concerned, does anyone know you're here?" he asked concerned.

Finally gaining the courage to speak she shook her head, "No one knows I'm here. But it looks like most of the family is not here anyways." She said gesturing to the clock causing Charlie to smile.
"One of Mum's inventions, can always tell where we are individually."

"It's quite convenient in situations like this." Aria smiled softly before shaking her head "I'm sorry for just dropping by like this and for not responding -- this got complicated where I live so I just left --"

Charlie took note that the girl said where I live and not home.

The boy frowned at this but spoke either way, "I am sure you're welcome anytime. I mean everyone in my family adores you, well -- maybe not Percy. But I've heard you hang around Fred and George a lot at Hogwarts so that's to be expected, but not to worry he'll warm up eventually."
"I'm sure you're right."
"Oh my dear!" Molly exclaimed shocked at the girls presence once she walked through the door and the spoon turned to 'Home.'

"How long have you been here? Charlie why on earth didn't you come get me?" Molly exclaimed flustered as she wiped her dirty hands off and approached the girl enveloping her in a hug.
"I am so glad those Malfoy's let you come, after all no girl as sweet as you should be around them for as long as you are. They will drain your independency and self empowerment as a woman." Molly informed
"Wait, you live with the Malfoy's?" Charlie questioned with slight disgust on his face
"She has no choice but to, Charlie. Now bite your tongue." Molly hissed at her son knowingly who only nodded at his mother in response "Aria, dear. Ginny and Hermione should be up in Ginny's room. Charlie can show you the way and help bring your stuff up. The boy's will be home soon, you're staying for the whole summer aren't you?" Molly questioned hopefully

It wasn't like she had anywhere else to go, but she wasn't going to let Molly know that.

"If it's not too much of a burden. I can help around the house, I have a lot of experience cleaning and cooking --" Aria began
"Please, relax yourself. Make yourself at home, you're a guest here any friend of my son's is a friend of mine." Molly grinned winking playfully at the girl.

After Molly walked away, Charlie helped the girl up the stairs with her stuff leaving Faith downstairs as Molly fed the owl who happily accepted her treats.
"Mum can be a bit overwhelming at first, but truly she's the most loving and accepting person I've ever known and after living with the Malfoy's I'm sure she'll be a cake walk for you." Charlie told the girl who smiled lightly in response, "I'm sure."

Charlie knocked on Ginny's bedroom door, hearing the two girls talk then let out a soft laugh.
"Hold on, who is it?!" Ginny called
"It's Charlie! Let me in!"

Ginny huffed getting up to walk over to the door opening it partially to see Charlie standing with an unamused expression. 
"What?" Ginny wondered leaning against the door slightly
"I have a surprise for you." Charlie told the girl passing the bag towards her, to which Ginny looked at it confused.
"A bag?" Ginny wondered as Charlie stepped aside.

"Hey Gin," Aria greeted after stifling a laugh under her breath at Ginny's response. Ginny squealed dropping the bag of clothes and books before hugging her friend tightly.
"We didn't know if you were coming! When did you get here?" Ginny ushered the girl into her room as Aria smiled at Charlie as a thank you which he returned before Ginny shut the door between them and Aria was greeted by Hermione.
"A few minutes ago, listen I have something to show you guys but you can't tell anyone else what it's from okay?" Aria told the girl causing them to exchange a look and nod, Aria removed her hair from her neck which blocked the scar and then she explained everything that happened and how she snapped and how she didn't feel the fear a normal teenager would in that situation.

"And then he gave me thirty minutes to pack my stuff and leave." Aria finished
"So Lucius caused that... and then kicked you out?" Hermione recalled causing Aria to nod "It still stings."
"Did you hear the word he muttered?" Hermione wondered curiously her voice laced with concern
"No, it was barely a whisper. I mean Draco might've but I don't know. I just got so ticked off he kept calling me his daughter and saying Draco and I were siblings and I couldn't accept the fact of me even being considered a Malfoy and on top of everything else he was saying.... I snapped and I don't even regret it." Aria whispered softly

"You know that you aren't a Malfoy in our eyes right?" Ginny reassured causing Aria to snort slightly, "Yeah. Because if I was, you two wouldn't talk to me."

"That's so not true --"
"I would still talk to you."

The two flustered girls began as Aria eyed them knowingly.
"Okay, I might not be as willing to talking to you as I am now." Ginny admitted "But you have to understand that my family and the Malfoy's... they have never gotten along for decades. I mean you saw it yourself when Lucius received that letter from Mum, he flipped that he was getting a letter. It's been a battle for the wizard with the most highest respect, for years and we all know who's families at the bottom..." Ginny trailed off in a soft voice causing Aria to reach over and pull the girl into her when they heard crashes downstairs causing them to sit up confused and glance at each other.

"What on earth was that?" Hermione questioned
"Probably Fred and George." Ginny shrugged

"That wasn't funny, Fred!" a man's voice shouted from downstairs which Aria quickly recognized as Arthur Weasley "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"
"I didn't give him anything, I just dropped it. It was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to." Fred snickered with an evil grin.
"You dropped it on purpose! You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet --" Arthur ranted causing the girls to get up and head the back way to the top of the staircase to eavesdrop.
"How big did his tongue get?" George questioned eagerly causing Aria to grin amused by the scene playing out in front of her at a distance.
"It was four feet long before his parents would let me shrink it!" Arthur yelled frustrated causing Harry and the Weasleys to roar in laughter.

"It isn't funny!" he shouted once again "That sort of behavior seriously undermines wizard–Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons —"
"We didn't give it to him because he's a Muggle!" Fred exclaimed indignantly.
"No, we gave it to him because he's a great bullying git, isn't he Harry?" George recalled towards the raven haired boy. Just hearing Harry's name caused Ginny to turn a light shade of pink before rushing back to her room in a panic which Aria rushed after her quietly, Hermione following.
"Yeah, he is, Mr. Weasley." Harry answered honestly as the door shut to Ginny's room.

"Gin, are you okay?" Aria wondered
"No i'm not! Harry's here, and I look like a mess! Why didn't anyone tell me he was here already?" Ginny gushed rushing to her closet and digging through her clothes causing Aria and Hermione to exchange a knowing glance and smirk.
"Ginny, do you still have a crush on Harry?" Hermione teased already knowing the answer.
"Oh Mione, I think she does! Every time she sees him she might faint!"

"Will both of you shut up and help me find something to wear!" Ginny whispered at the two causing them to laugh at each other's actions and help the youngest Weasley pick out something casual yet cute to impress the chosen one who just happened to be their best friend.

"Tell me what, Arthur?" Molly stressed downstairs, impatiently as her foot tapped and her voice was laced in a dangerous tone.
"I sincerely hope its about Aria being here and not something to do with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes --"
"Aria's here?" Ron chimed as Hermione came down the steps to help the two escape. "Yup, right upstairs." Hermione gathered gaining their attention "Looking for a place to sleep, why don't we show her and Harry where to sleep Ron?" she offered knowingly

"Harry knows where he's sleeping," Ron stated confused "in my room, he slept there last --"
"then lets go usher Aria to her spot and we can all go." She stated pointedly.
"Oh, Right." Ron recalled putting two and two together finally
"Yeah, we'll come too," George added on

"You stay where you are!" Molly sneered as Harry, Ron and Hermione stepped out of the kitchen and headed upstairs.
"What are Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?" Harry asked the two causing Ron to laugh "Mum found this stack of order forms when she was cleaning Fred and George's room, great long price lists for stuff they've invented. Joke stuff, you know. Fake wands and trick sweets, loads of stuff. It was brilliant, I never knew they'd been inventing all that. I mean the whole families been hearing explosions out of their room for ages, but we never thought they were actually making things. We thought they just liked the noise. Only most of the stuff -- well, all of it, really - was a bit dangerous and, you know, they were planning to sell it at Hogwarts to make some money, and Mum went mad at them. Told them they weren't allowed to make any more of it, and burned all the order forms. . . . She's furious at them anyway. They didn't get as many O.W.L.s as she expected. And then there was this big row, because Mum wants them to go into the Ministry of Magic like Dad, and they told her all they want to do is open a joke shop."

Just as Ron finished a door on the second landing opened to reveal Percy with a very annoyed expression.
"Hello, Percy." Harry greeted
"Oh hello, Harry. I was wondering who was making all the noise. I'm trying to work in here, you know — I've got a report to finish for the office — and it's rather difficult to concentrate when people keep thundering up and down the stairs." Percy complained
"We're not thundering, we're walking. Sorry if we've disturbed the top-secret workings of the Ministry of Magic." Ron groaned irritably

"What are you working on?" Harry questioned.
"A report for the Department of International Magical Cooperation" Percy replied smugly "We're trying to standardize cauldron thickness. Some of these foreign imports are just a shade too thin — leakages have been increasing at a rate of almost three percent a year —" Percy rambled on as Ron cut him off, "That'll change the world, that report will be on the front page of the Daily Prophet, I expect, cauldron leaks."

Percy went pink at this.
"You might sneer, Ron." he said heatedly. "but unless some sort of international law is imposed we might well find the market flooded with flimsy, shallow-bottomed products that seriously endanger —"

"Harry! Ron!" Aria greeted approaching them from Ginny's room, Ginny trailing behind smiling at Harry who smiled back as Aria hugged Ron then trailed to Harry hugging him before noticing Percy.
"Hi Percy." Aria greeted the older boy.

Aria noticed the paper and books on his desk in his room behind him. "What are you working on?" she questioned intrigued to which he only grumbled and slammed his bedroom door shut causing Aria to be taken back as she glanced at her friends as Harry held an amused smile.
"Was it something I said?"

[edited? (yes! 09-13-2021)]

sorry if the french isn't accurate, i don't actually speak it i just had the idea and went for it and used google translate so it's probably off if you know french and would like to help me make it more accurate i would appreciate it! but don't feel pressured to! thanks for waiting for the update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.8K 151
They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her story went untold. She was, as everyone k...
217K 10.5K 60
โ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™„ ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ. โž โ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฎ๏ฟฝ...
5.6K 313 15
in which estrella consuelas finds herself holding harry potter's heart in her hands and realises what it's like to mean something to someone ...
735K 23.3K 100
madison taylor, a 'slytherin' who was broken. who needed fixing. who needed someone to keep her in line. who needed someone. hermoine granger, a gry...