His Best Nightmare

By Flowerpetal031

HANDLER SERIES #1 Valerie was looking for a way out. A way out of her family business, a way out of shit sho... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
SPIN OFF!!

Chapter Six

1.2K 75 4
By Flowerpetal031

I glared down at the phone in my hands, and the folder that was placed in front of me, trying desperately to block out all in the incoming noise that was blasting around me. 

My eyes watched as the multitude of reactions came in from Kal's earlier press conference. 

It had started off fine enough, questions about his sport that had little importance to me, and then finally someone asked him did he believe his behavior would play an effect onto his performance on the field. 

He had spit out exactly what I had told him to, not much conviction in the little douche's voice, but the statement was enough. 

Obviously, some reporters had figured out who I was, from the snaps of pictures that were aimed my way from where I was standing off to the side behind Kal. 

It had gone well enough. 

The Twitter world, however, was calling total and complete bullshit on Kal Kingston. 

They were literally placing bets on when his next screw up would be, and some were putting money on tomorrow when we flew out to Switzerland to play. 

As if I was letting that happen. 

A glass of water slid into my view forcing me to look up. My eyes caught the light brown ones of the bar tender who had periodically checking in on me since we had arrived at this club. 

Yes. 

Kal had demanded that he go to the club, and even with the strobe lights, dark lighting, and grinding bodies, I was in a pair of sweats, a crop top and a sweater. 

No fucks given. 

I gave Bill another smile, he was attractive, which is why women were practically throwing tips at him all night, so I was completely baffled on why he kept coming back over to check on me. 

The rest of the female population in this club were wearing dresses and skirts that left little to the imagination, as well as they were all beautiful. 

My hair was in a wild looking bun, and I practically had 'Do Not Fuck With Me' stamped on my forehead. 

"Here sweetheart, you seem to be working hard" he smiled easily, small dimples forming in his cheeks that would only make any girl smile even harder at him. 

Dark red locks cropped close to his head only made him stand out more, and a body that showed he took care of himself. 

Plus there was a sweetness about him that just automatically made you feel comfortable when staring at him. 

Which is why I immediately distrusted him. 

I knew what he was doing now. 

I had been watching him do it for the past four hours since Kal had dragged us here. 

He would come flirt with me, a completely dull girl who looked like I'd been dragged straight from my couch to here, and because he was giving me attention girls who were dying for his were getting pissed, aggressive, and throwing money at him if it meant he'd keep his eyes on them for more than five seconds. 

"You seem to be working hard" my eyes trailing over the sneering faces of the women who were waiting for him to return, before looking back at his smirk, "but I think you know that" I chuckled slipping the straw between my lips and drinking the water he gave me. 

His eyes twinkled as he looked down at me. 

I probably looked insane. 

I was perched on a bar stool, one leg up, in comfort clothes, no make up in one of the hottest clubs here in London. 

He leaned forwards, nearly all the way across the bar to look me dead in the eye. My brows rose as I stared back at him, waiting, "you're something else, sweetheart, how about I bring you something a little better than water?" he smirked, his voice low enough to hypnotize me. 

It was hard to almost fall back into this. 

It had been so long since I had sat at a bar, had another man really look at me, like the way that Bill was staring at me right now. 

That little thrill rushing down my back. 

The feel of my heart racing. 

I use to be this girl, one who sat at bars, flirted with men, and would say off the handle shit that usually forced people to laugh in pure dismay. 

That had been Val. 

Val had been crazy, she would have smiled back at Bill, made his attention stay solely focused on her, and then probably would have disappeared with him. 

I had been that girl, and I could feel her slightly settling back into her body with the look this bar tender was shooting me. 

It was amazing to find how much I missed her. 

"Valerie" a deep voice pulled me away from the stupid smile that had tugged across my face from staring at Bill way longer than was socially acceptable. 

We both turned, only to find Justin. 

Bill leaned back, a small nod shot at Justin, "what can I get you, mate?" Bill asked, slipping back into his professional job. 

"Five beers, mate" Justin responded back. 

Bill shot me another smile, "I'll take that drink" I smiled back at him, his grin only widened. He nodded and disappeared. 

I turned back to Justin who was looking down at me, a small confused smile on his face as he stared back at me, "should I even ask about the outfit, love?" he chuckled. 

I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the bar, giving him my full attention, "Kal enjoys torturing me" I shrugged, looking over at the Devil himself. 

Justin turned as well, and we both were met with an odd sight. 

Kal was still sitting at the booth table that was nestled back into the VIP section he had access to. Women surrounded his booth, hanging off of him, one even was currently licking up and down the side of his neck, but what was really surprising was how intensely he was staring back at the two of us. 

I blinked at him, his eyes refusing to even blink as he stared back, no emotion on his face. 

I narrowed my eyes at him, fucking creep. 

His lips tugged into a small smirk. 

"What a creep" I rolled my eyes, looking back to Justin, to find him already staring back at me. 

A strange look crossed over his face as he looked back at me, before he finally blinked, letting that easy going smile rush across his face again. He shrugged, "Kal's ... Kal. He can be difficult" he winced. 

I laughed at that one, "understatement, children are difficult, Kal Kingston is something else all together" I sighed, feeling the tension of having to somehow control his psycho ass running back through my body. 

"He wasn't always like that" Justin sighed, looking back at Kal who had started full on making out with the girl. 

"Really?" I sneered, looking away from him, "find that hard to believe" I sighed. 

Justin laughed, "don't get me wrong, he's always been crazy, but back when we were kids, he was just so filled with ... light I guess, happiness, still crazy though. Now, I look at him and I really don't get it" he shrugged. 

That piped my interest, "you two knew each other when you were kids?" I asked him. 

He nodded, that smile back on his face, "we played together back when we were teens, I've known the wanker since I was 13" his smile dropped a little. 

I tucked that little bit of information away, "you two were best friend?" I asked him. 

He nodded, "we were."

I leaned even closer towards him, "so what in the hell happened? What am I missing?" I questioned him, trying to figure it out. 

Everything my files were telling me were barely skin deep. 

It showed he started acting out around three years ago, it had escalated drastically, before suddenly stopping around a year ago, then no more than a few months after that it got to an all time high. 

Why was the question. 

"Some would blame me" Justin said, his eyes finding the floor, a hard looking crossing his face. 

Well color me fucking interested. 

I opened my mouth to go into full blown interrogation mode, before Bill popped back up, "here you go, mate, and for the beautiful lady" he smiled sliding me a pretty cream colored drink. 

I smiled brightly at him, his finger tapped the top of my hand twice before he walked off to finish taking orders. 

"Well, I should get back, see you at the airport, love" he smiled before walking off, his drinks in hand. 

Bill popped back up, just as I took a sip of the drink he made me. 

I moaned, eyes wide as I stared at his self satisfied smirk, "good, yeah?" he laughed as he looked at my face. 

I stared back at him then to the drink in my hand, "what in the hell is this? Why does it taste so good?" I asked him a huge smile pulling over my face. 

He laughed, "if I told you, I'd have to kill you, but how in the hell do you know the head of the London football team?" he laughed, his eyes watching where ever Justin had gone. 

I shrugged, "I'm working for the team, in a way" I smiled back at him. 

He gave me an exasperated look, "okay sweetheart, keep your secrets."

I smiled, "how much do I owe you?" I asked him. 

He waved me off, "nothing, love, that smile was payment enough" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "that was cheesy."

"But it's working, so, I get off in about an hour-" he started only for a large hand to slam down between us with money. 

I blinked, turning to come face to chest with a swollen lipped Kal. 

I deflated, "oh great it's you-"

"We really should be going, love" he said, his eyes staring between Bill and I, before they shot out towards the crowded dance floor. 

"The hell is wrong with you?" I snap, staring up at his face, which I now notice is a little sweaty, and he actually looks nervous. "Kal?" 

He looks back down at me, eyes a little too wide, "I may have gotten into a bit of trouble" he winces. 

My hands grip the bar table, ready to strangle him, "what did you do?" I hiss. 

"Love, everything alright?" Bill asks, looking between Kal and I. 

Kal turns back to the bar tender, his eyes flashing with annoyance, "she's fine, mate, how about you go twist a drink or something" he snaps. 

My eyes widen, before I reach over a pinch .. well try to pinch Kal's arm, "don't be an asshole" I snapped, before looking over at a glaring Bill, "I'm fine, really, but I think I have to go" I say, standing to my feet. 

"Unless you want my bloodied face on the tabloids tomorrow, with a few missing teeth, and two black eyes" Kal sneered. 

My eyes widened, turning back to him, "the fuck did you do Kingston?" I snapped. 

He cringed, "I swear I didn't see the ring on her finger, until after her husband started screaming."

"Its official. I am going to murder you" I hiss. 

He winced, trying to take a step away from me, "you can use the back door, if you like" Bill says, pulling our attention back to him. 

We both look over past the side of the bar, towards a dark corner, "the doors over there?" I ask, already grabbing all my shit, ready to haul ass out of here if it means I'm the only one who gets to put my fist in Kal's face. 

"WHERE IS THAT BLOODY WANKER" A loud voice echoed through the club, making my eyes widen as a man the size of a mountain came storming through the crowd. 

Kal froze, slowly ducking down, moving towards the exit. I was stuck staring at the man who looked wide enough to take down a semi truck, "what the hell is that?" I gaped. 

"A professional wrestler" Kal winced, I gripped his hand, and without another glance pulled him out towards the exit, flying through the door and outside into the cold air. 

We both leaned against the wall of the club, breathing heavy, staring back at one another. 

Kal's lips tugged up into little grin, eyes wide and filled with adrenaline. 

That stupid contagious smile tugged on my own lips, a small laugh sneaking through his mouth. 

"That was fun", he chuckled. 

My hand went flying into his forehead. 

"Dumbass."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220 29 33
Nyla Burnes' timid nature always made it easy for her past partners to bully her. She tried to give them her best though, hoping that they will give...
249K 7K 72
Veronica Greene has always dreamed of becoming a big time journalist. She has pushed every type of love to the side to focus on work. What will happe...
486K 11.2K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
171K 6.6K 64
"You don't have to keep reminding me that I'm a mistake and that I ruined your life. I'm not sorry for meeting you that day. I needed to. My life was...