Againts all Odds || Dick Gray...

Oleh cjswonders_xx

"she's mad but she's magic. there's no lie in her fire." AGAINST ALL BOOK 1 TITANS SEASON 1 (quote by charles... Lebih Banyak

00| Against All Odds
01| Mysteries
02| Batman And Robin
03| Save You Tonight
05| Flicker
06| House of Memories
07| Come Together
08| Seeds of Doubt
09| Inner Demons
10| Potential
11| Doom Patrol
12| Conflicts
13| Physical
14| Mutual Understanding
15| After Hours
16| Lover of Mine
17| Until I Bleed Out
18| Black Mask and the Party Crashers
19| Ghosts of the Past
20| Selina Kyle
21| Little Robin
22| Rude Awakening
23| Torture Asylum
24| Taste of Darkness
25| Hardest to Love
26| The Gotham City Sirens
27| Wonder Girl
28| Gotham
29| The Threat of Trigon

04| Truth and Lies

12K 287 52
Oleh cjswonders_xx

***

I looked in the mirror covered in condensation from my warm shower. Gripping the edges of the sink I nervously bit my lip not sure if I was ready to leave this room yet. A part of me wanted to remain in blissful ignorance, but I also couldn't live not knowing.

One thing I did know is that when I stepped out of this door I would have to have Batman again. That itself made me want to stay locked up in this bathroom. But there was also the fact that he was going to tell me what the hell was going on with me and why those people attacked me. Though I had no doubt it was for the meta-human trafficking that had been on the new for the past month.

I had to be honest and say that I was surprised that both Batman and his sidekick had even saved be considering that there was a breakout at Arkham. It made me wonder if they were human at all.

Taking a quick look at myself, still surprised that they had my correct sizes in everything from jean and shoe size. Though I probably shouldn't since they seemed to already know more about me than I did.

There was a small knock on the door that made me jump, knocking over the hand soap that was on the sink. "Miss Freemont is everything alright in there?" I heard Alfred say from the other side of the door and nodded before I realized that he couldn't see me.

"I'll be out in a minute." I told him softly as I picked up the soap from the floor and setting it on the counter again. I had to remind myself to breath as I finally decided to show my face to a bunch of strangers who although for good reason have kidnapped me. If this was even considered kidnapping.

I walked out of the bathroom expecting Alfred to be waiting for me on the other side, only to find that I was completely alone. A part of me wanted to sigh in relief thinking that maybe I could find a way to escape without anyone noticing, but I also had a feeling that we were underground and far away from Gotham.

I was still in whatever cavelike structure this was, but looking around at all the technology, gadgets and rows of different suits all in glass cases I wondered how they were able to afford any of this. Did Batman and Robin work? Or was crime fighting all they did?

But doing any of that gave them nothing in return. Gotham has given them nothing in return regardless of all they have done for Gotham.

Letting my curiosity get the better of my I walked over to the the suits and cowls in glass displays. Looking at them up close I realized how beautiful they were. They design themselves was breath taking. But I couldn't help but think of all of the improvements that could be done or materials to make the clearly heavy suits lighter.

I placed my hand on the glass as I took a closer look at the red and green Robin suit. A part of me tested to open up the case and get a closer look. Suddenly someone cleared their throat behind me causing me to gasp. I had to curse myself for being to jumpy as I turned around to find Alfred holding a tray.

"So it seems that you finally decided to leave the comfort of the bathroom. I have to say I was expecting for you to stay in there all night." Alfred stated as he set down a tray of tea on the table in front of me. "Speaking of I've set up a temporary bedroom for you on the you Master's orders."

"Where is he?" I asked slowly feeling extremely uncomfortable. It had nothing to do with Alfred and everything to do with the fact that he had apparently set up a room for me. They had to be insane if the actually believed that I would stay here. I had every intention of hearing whatever secrets they knew about me and never seeing them again.

"They should be arriving soon."

"A lot sooner than you think Alfred." A familiar voice said, and I turned around just as Dick stepped out of the elevator followed by Batman. It was such an odd thing to see him walking around so freely in regular clothes and not caring about the fact that I now knew his face and him name. A great contrast to Batman who was still wearing his suit and seeming to want to stay as far away from me as possible.

Dick smiled at me and I wasn't very sure how I should respond the gesture, so I only gave him a tight lipped smile in return as I looked away from him. I probably looked like a scared idiot and as I continued to think I felt me cheeks heat up. Times like these I was grateful for my darker skin.

"So you look better." Dick stated, and I wondered how long he has been doing this, he wasn't much older than me. But he definitely didn't carry himself the same way Batman did. He seemed much more open, but I knew something horrible had to have happened to him to make him into a vigilante.

"Because I'm not covered in sweat and dirt." I said crossing my arms over my chest daring to meet his eyes only to see that he seemed amused. "I can't imagine how horrible I looked."

"Not at all."

"I'm sure you still want to know about what happened the other night." Batman asked me abruptly as he took a step closer and I had to fight every instinct that told me to run away.

I nodded, because for a second it felt like I had lost the ability to speak. "Yes."

"Your mother was classified as a meta-human with powers similar to yours. Those powers being the reason why she was killed, and consequently the death of your step-father who was killed in an attempt to protect her." He told me, immediately making me feel light headed. It was too much to quickly already and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to hear everything that they had to say.

"Back then the meta-human trafficking ring was killing metas for experimenting." Dick continues to tell me, and I felt slightly relieved to be hearing this information from someone he seemed to by slightly sympathetic towards my situation. "Now the've realized that they are worth for for dead than alive. They can be used as human weapons."

"Your meta-human gene was not active up until you came in contact with electricity." Batman said, and although I couldn't see his eyes I knew he was studying me. Seeming to take in everything I was doing and I was beginning to get extremely unnerving, so I had to look away. "You killed all those men. And absorbed all the electricity. Electricity that your body has yet to grow accustomed to."

"That's why you fainted." Dick told me a small smile on his lips. And I wondered what he found so amusing, a part of me just wanted to slap him across the face for it. "It was amazing seeing you do that."

"I hope you realize that the abilities that you have now accessed are dangerous." He stated in a dark tone, that told me that if I ever used them incorrectly there would be consequences. "That you are dangerous."

"Don't worry I don't plan on using them at all." I told him feeling myself get a little braver. This man seems so heartless. He's told me about my dead parents in such a neutral and bored tone that made me feel like I had simply lost a goldfish.

I had no intentions of using these powers that I suddenly had. I just wanted to get make to living my normal life and pretend that none of these happened.

What did Batman think I was going to do? Rob a jewelry store now that I had powers?

He was being ridiculous and now he was the one I wanted to punch across the face. I never think I've felt so angry in my life.

"But maybe you might want to learn more about them." Dick added as be looked at his partner with a look that I couldn't really place. They almost seemed to be silently communicating with each other. "How to control them. We can help you with that."

"I do appreciate the help, but I just want to go back home." I said feeling extremely tired, with a great need to just stay in bed for the rest of my life. I wasn't sure if I could stay in this place anther night.

"I'm afraid that's not possible." Batman told me his voice still so neutral though I had a feeling that what I was about to hear was not going to be good news. "Your apartment was destroyed there's nothing to go back to."

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that this man could deliver such devastating news to me as if he were simply telling me about the weather. Now I was simply sick to my stomach. With a headache that felt that my head was going to explode.

I had absolutely nothing and no one now.

Both my mother and father's shop and home were destroyed. And I had no where to go. It took everything in my power to not let the tears building up in my eyes be set free. These three men in front of me already saw me as some scared little girl. The last thing I needed was for them to see me cry and embarrass myself further.

"I'm sorry." Dick said and for a moment it seemed that he wanted to reach out towards me, but decided against it. "But you can stay here as long as you want. I've already asked Alfred to set up a room for you."

"Yes, but I'm afraid it will have to be here." Alfred added slowly, and Dick seemed to tense up from the news.

"What?"

"She can't stay with us Dick." Batman told him in a warning tone. It almost sounded as if a father was telling his son that he couldn't keep the stray dog that they found on the street. And that was not okay with me.

Dick shook his head in disbelief, a challenging look on his face. "What do you think she's going to do?"

"You don't know her."

"I want to go back to my apartment." I told them wanting to prevent whatever argument seemed to be starting between the two of them. I wasn't some kind of pet or object for them to decide what they wanted to do with. "I want to see it myself."

***

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

303K 7.6K 44
Sophia Dane was 14 when she met Robin in that Gotham alleyway. She was barely nineteen when he left without a word. A year later she's branched out o...
335K 15K 29
all this bad blood here . . . BOOK 1 OF THE WILD WORLD SERIES TITANS - PRE-SEASON 1 AU © stxrmborn COMPLETED COVER BY @lucia...
32.6K 713 21
After having a strange and cruel nightmare, Damian Wayne felt more violent and vengeful and not himself. The other Titans got suspicious and thinking...
35.9K 826 22
[Book 1] Inspired by tenirockz's Justice League vs Teen Titans 2. Let's just say the Titan's are in for a huge surprise.