Running From The Truth (by Em...

Door Ipkknd-FanFictions

"Yes, I am in love with you. I've been in love with you for the past 14 years, ever since the first day I saw... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1- The meeting
Chapter 2- Despair
Chapter 3 - Confusion
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5 - Nostalgia
Chapter 6 - Denial
Chapter 7 - Reminiscing
Chapter 8 - Guilt
Chapter 9 - Uncovered
Chapter 10 - Recognition
Chapter 11 - Optimism
Chapter 12 - Proceed
Chapter 13 - Apprehension
Chapter 14 - Reality
Chapter 15 - Forsaken
Chapter 16 - Amendment
Chapter 17 - Outset
Chapter 18 - Resurgence
Chapter 19 - Infallibility
Chapter 20 - Confessions
Chapter 21 - Divergence
Chapter 22 - Coveting
Chapter 23 - Assurance
Chapter 24 - Decisions
Chapter 25 - Submission
Chapter 26 - Reconciliation
Chapter 27 - Lull
Chapter 28 - Allegations
Chapter 29 A & B - Storm
Chapter 30 A - Outset
Chapter 31 - Renaissance
Chapter 32 - Euphoria
Chapter 33 - Initiation
Chapter 34 - Grasping
Chapter 35 - Insecurities
Untitled Part 37
Chapter 38A B - Forge Ahead
Chapter 40 A B - Seasonable

Epilogue

9K 267 34
Door Ipkknd-FanFictions

Epilogue

1 Year later

The sun rays filtered through the window, piercing streams of light caught Khushi's sleepy attention as she sighed distastefully. Turning to face away from the light, she threw an arm over the empty side of the bed beside her and sighed in her sleep.

Today.

Sighing in content, Khushi turned over on her pillow and glanced around the room she resided in. The guest room of the Raizada house had given her several fond memories, many of which included Arnav, she mused thoughtfully. Getting up, she smiled, realizing she could not wait until later on in the day. She would finally get to see him.

Arnav.

It had been 5 whole days since she had last seen him in person, having left for an important and urgent meeting, he had to depart so suddenly that she was not prepared to even say goodbye. The first day without him seemed to have dragged forever, and she realized she had trouble spending even an hour without him. How she had managed to spend 5 days away from him was beyond her understanding.

Quickly glancing at the bedside alarm clock, she almost shrieked as she read the time. A disoriented Khushi arose from bed, shuffling about the room as she took out clothes from the wardrobe and rushed into the bathroom to freshen up and shower.

Usually being a very punctual person, she felt herself grinning at the memory of the last time she had been late for something.

"Arnav, get up! We're going to be late!" She shrieked, struggling to get his heavy hand off her waist.

"Arnav!" She said again when he groaned. "Let me sleep." He mumbled, and she controlled the bubbling laughter that had formed in the pit of her stomach. She wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with him for some more moments, snuggling against his warmth, dazing at his perfect face, tracing the ridges of his face, caressing that scar above his eyebrow. But alas, they had more important commitments and places to be. Today would be their first day back at work from a full two weeks off.

"We have to be there in half an hour and if you don't get up and shower this instant, we're going to be late!" She warned.

"That's okay. Let's be late." He mumbled, pulling Khushi closer to his body and snuggling against her warmth, all limbs flown over her body.

Sighing, Khushi realized that she would succeed to no avail at this rate. Arnav seemed to love his sleep even more when Khushi was his pillow. She would often wake up to his soft breathing on her skin, to his touch as he held her close, to his lips, close enough to press against hers...and she let her lips hover over his teasingly, knowing it would tempt him enough as she trailed a finger down his chest.

She saw him smile with his eyes still closed, and pull her closer. "Hmmm, now I'm awake." He murmured in content, He then took her by surprise while pulling her face closer and kissing her senseless, nipping and biting at her skin, drowning in her uncontrollable moans.

His fingers were under her shirt, his shirt, to be precise as she realized she had put in on at some point during the wee hours of the morning. Stilling his hands as she placed her fingers atop his, she dazzled him with a smile before pecking him one last time on the lips and getting off his body successfully.

"Great, now that you are awake, you can get ready." She smiled sweetly, leaving a baffled Arnav staring at her.

"Excuse me?"

"You needed help waking up, so I helped you." She pointed out with a shrug as she stood in front of the dresser to take out clothes. "You can thank me later." She winked before she broke out into relentless giggles.

"Khushi!" He complained, pouting slightly as he got out of bed in a disoriented manner, pulling on a pair of boxer shorts as he got up.

Striding over to where she was about to open the bathroom door, he caught hold of her hand and spun her around to face him.

"Did you really think you'd tempt me over there," He gestured his head towards their bed, "and expect me to let you leave without finishing?"

"My husband is a powerful businessman," she explained innocently, "he taught me to always play my cards right." She said, tongue in cheek.

"Oh really?" He asked. "Well my wife is quite the businesswoman, and she taught me to never leave any unfinished business."

"Your wife must be a smart woman." She whispered when he leaned closer, his hand under her shirt again as his lips moved down her neck. Her head fell back against the bathroom door as her hands dropped the clothes and towel in hand, and clutched his hair tightly. "Arnav..." She whispered.

Her eyes fell on the clock behind Arnav once more, and she mentally slapped herself. "Arnav, we're going to be late!" She pushed him away and turned to enter the bathroom.

"I'm showering first!" She added trying to sound as insistent as possible.

"I need to shower too!" He pointed out. "I think I deserve to go first. You keep leaving me high and dry..."

Her eyes widened, before she raised her chin and stared at him with intention. "I'm going first..." She whispered, as her hands moved to unbutton her shirt, no his shirt.

"Unless...you want to join me? You know, for time saving purposes." She added saucily, turning on her heels as the shirt dropped to the floor while Arnav practically ran after her petite frame, closing the door behind them amidst her squeals and giggles that resounded within the walls of their home.

Shaking her head with a smile, she shrugged off the memories of Arnav and decided to distract herself in the midst. When she emerged from the restroom after a shower, she selected the red sari she had decided to wear today with Arnav in mind of course. Her husband, she thought with a grin.

----

She picked up the newspaper as she sipped on her morning coffee, watching people run all around her in attempt to make the house look prettier then it already was.

Smiling, Anjali Jha took another sip of her coffee before resting it on the table to focus all her attention on the text in front of her with a grin.

Arnav Singh Raizada weds Khushi Gupta...high school sweethearts?

You have heard it right; the famous Arnav Singh Raizada is no longer single, and very much married. We had gotten the hint that he was taken long ago at his last fashion show in Lucknow, where he very openly admitted that Miss - or should we say Mrs. now - Khushi Gupta who was working alongside him at the show, was a very important person in his life. He had then gone on to dedicate an entire AR line in her name! As we dig deeper, we come to know that this is no office romance that occurred between the two, but something that goes much deeper. Yes, you heard it right! Sources say that both Khushi and Arnav have known one another since they started school! They had always liked one another, but for circumstances unknown, they were apart for several years while they built their careers during University. Rumours also arise that Khushi had dated Arnav's cousin, Nandkishore Raizada during her time away from Arnav; however that relationship did not work out. Whether true or not, we do notice that Khushi is quite close to Nandkishore who is now married to former model Lavanya Kashyap and has a beautiful daughter, and they seem to be very good friends! Once all that was all settled, it seems that Arnav and Khushi had found one another again and admitted their love to one another, rebuilding what they had started properly! Now isn't that adorable?

As you all know, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada is a very private man, and whenever we had tried to get information on him and Khushi, he had politely declined to tell us anything. Well, believe it or not, sources say that he and Khushi got married several weeks ago in a private but beautiful ceremony. Yes, we are shell shocked as well.

"It was very beautiful and lavish. How can one expect any less when they both work in fashion?" A source tells us. "There were only a few friends but mostly family. It took place at a beach very close to their home. It is also a very special place for both Arnav and Khushi personally."

We hear that Mr. Raizada took the pleasure in designing the wedding dress to perfection. We also find out that the entire ceremony was nothing short of stunning, with seashells and flowers all around. Unfortunately, we are yet to hear from the newly weds just yet, however we will get to them soon enough! Perhaps after they return from their honeymoon, where they are reportedly taking a tour around Europe!

In the meantime, take a look at this picture of the beautiful couple from the AR Fashion show in Lucknow. By the look in Mr. Raizada's eyes, it is quite clear that he is head over heels for the gorgeous Khushi. We wish them a wonderful married life together!

Anjali put the paper down, shaking her head at the thought of the people who put this together. Arnav Singh Raizada's life was surely interesting when they put it like that! She did however look at their picture, an automatic grin making way to her face. His arm was draped around her waist firmly, and to Anjali's surprise, Arnav had a slight smile on his face as his eyes focused on nothing other than Khushi. She, on the other hand, gave a shy smile to the media.

She recalled the wedding that had occurred; the newspaper surely had it right without even being present. It was nothing short of a fairy tale like wedding.

The aisle decorated with shades and colours of flowers that had looked perfect in contrast with the clear blue sky. At the end of the isle was a stunning mandap, with rings and curtains of flowers and sea shells.

Arnav had stood nervously, and quite astonishingly so, at the mandap with the sea resting a little ways behind him, waiting for his Khushi. And when she did arrive, in a bright red lehenga, simple yet gorgeous, with traces of lace and borders of gold that reflected off the sand beneath her feet.

Her smile was clear, bright and intent. Not shying away from showing the world how happy she was, to marry Arnav, the man she loved. Siddharth held the dupatta above her head, walking in front of her, and NK walking right behind. Both men ecstatic for Khushi, someone who they both knew deserved more than just a happy ending. The past was behind them all, and with each step taken forward on the sands of Arnav and Khushi's haven, was a promise of a beautiful journey ahead.

When she had arrived to her Arnav, and exchanged garlands, the look on both their faces had explained that they were in their own little world. And that was how it was for the entirety of the wedding, Arnav, Khushi, and then everyone else.

Much later, when the sun had set along the horizon, Arnav and Khushi had walked off to their new home. Arnav had taken the time to get a beautiful beach house built far off along the sands for Khushi, a place where they could step out of and meet with the shores of their childhood, and also a convenient place in terms of distance from the Raizada house, it was only about 5 minutes away by foot.

As they had turned to bid their family an emotional farewell, they had walked off hand on hand, and they were a pair as such that the people around them were just as, if not more, excited for their future that would be filled with immense love.

"Ma, is that Mama and Khushi in the newspaper?" A small voice beside her had questioned. "Oops, I mean Khushi Mami." The boy smacked his forehead and smiled sheepishly.

"Yes that is." Anjali grinned back, pulling the boy onto her lap, her very darling son Aarav.

About a year and a half ago, while Anjali and Shyam had been looking into adoption for a couple of months, something had occurred in their lives that had changed their initial track completely. Shyam's youngest cousin and her husband had passed away in an accident, leaving their 7 year old son with no one but his Nani to take care of him. The Nani, also being Shyam's aunt, knew that she could not raise the boy on her own. She had called Shyam with a hopeful heart and asked him to take care of it. Being a lawyer himself, he had taken care of all legalities and had brought little Aarav to their home wholeheartedly. He did not talk much initially, only liking little baby Anya's presence, and occasionally his uncle Shyam's out of the entire family, and not speaking more than a word or two more when questioned. The members of the family had tried warming him up, however he mostly secluded himself as much as possible. After all, how easy was it losing parents and then being thrust into a different lifestyle altogether?

Anjali had fallen in love the moment she had laid her eyes on little Aarav. With his deep set frown and slight temper, and with his big brown eyes that hid behind glasses that seemed bigger than his face. He reminded Anjali so very much of her own Chotey, always reserved to himself and angry.

She had been in turmoil when she could not get through to him, wanting nothing more than to hold him and tell him that he could trust her. About a month after he had arrived, she had gone to visit his room late at night after he had fallen asleep as she would every day, and found him crying for his parents. She had instantly held him close, murmuring reassurances in his ear, and it was precisely in that moment when the barriers had broken. He had found a friend in her, and then, had found a caring mother in her much later. She knew his temper inside and out, and he thought she was one of the sweetest ladies he had ever encountered. It had taken time, but he had accepted Shyam and Anjali to be the family his late parents had gifted him with. He had learned to love everyone naturally, and the immense care that he was always showered with by all of the various family members left him very little time to be upset.

His best friends had been Khushi and Arnav, who he had liked instantly. Khushi had a vivacious smile, and was always spending as much time with him as she could. He had bonded with her over the death of her parents, and Khushi had taught him to take comfort in the stars that she believed their loved ones had become. Arnav was cool because he watched sports with him, occasionally played video games with him, and had even taught little Aarav how to garden. He had been thrilled at their wedding.

"I'm so used to calling her Khushi. That's why I forget to add Mami at the end of her name." Aarav explained shaking his head, and Anjali nodded thoughtfully as she hid a smile.

"When is everyone coming?" Aarav asked curiously, turning in Anjali's lap to look at her face.

"They should be here really soon." She grinned. "Are you excited? I'm sure there will be tons of fun and games. Anya is turning one today! And she's a bit of a big deal, so naturally the party will be pretty grand."

Aarav nodded in excitement. "Can I go check up on her?"

"Of course you can!"

"Thanks Ma." He pecked her lightly on her cheek, before running off. Anjali lifted the hand to her cheek, feeling deep gratitude, thanking the heavens for gifting her with Aarav. As he ran, he bumped into Shyam who had just returned from running some last minute errands. "Hi dad! I'm going to go check up on Anya." Aarav looked up at Shyam and smiled, before running around him and heading off.

Shyam's gaze found its way to Anjali who was so lost in her thoughts that he could not help but smile at her, knowing she was feeling the same was as he was. Walking over and snapping in her face as she was steered out of her reverie, she looked up at him as her eyes shone joyously. She leaned him to hug him, his arms going around her tight as he sighed, realizing that this was it. This feeling. It was how it felt to be parents.

------

"Is everything ready? Come on people!" NK said to all the people he had hired around him, ranging from caterers to decorators to a man who was dressed up in a large cartoon character costume.

"This is my daughter's birthday we are talking about! Everything must be perfect. Otherwise...she's like her mother in that sense. Always has to get what she wants, so let's stay on her good side?" NK whispered the last part to one of the decorators who stood beside him.

"I can hear you!" Lavanya called out as she made her way down the stairs with Anya in her arms.

NK grinned at two very important women in his life, two people that made him want to wake up earlier, made him want to come home from work earlier and made him want to sleep much later - just so he could be around them more.

Things with Lavanya had played out beautifully. After the tiring initial stage of taking care of their baby together, they had made sure to take out a small bit of time for one another during the week. Sometimes dinner, sometimes a movie, while Shyam and Anjali had very willingly offered to babysit.

It was as if they had redone their dating phase, however in a much more serious manner. They had gotten to know each other once more and it had helped immensely in their relationship. They had fallen in love - Lavanya already knowing of it and NK coming to realize it. More than anything, Lavanya and NK were amazing friends and he believed this was kept their love stronger than ever. Finding your comfort level with another person was immensely important, and this was what Lavanya and NK had found with one another. Comfort, love and understanding.

Anya was the apple of both their lives, something they had already known as soon as they had set their eyes on her, however the gradual experience was overwhelming. The late nights, the sleeplessness, it had all come into a routine for both of them.

He could not help but admire his beautiful daughter. Lavanya had purposely kept Anya's raven black hair long, and it flowed silkily down her back. She was dressed in a beautiful pink frilly dress that Khushi and Arnav had gifted her for her birthday, along with a locket that hung around her neck that was given by her own parents.

She turned in her mothers arms, reaching out to NK urgently who swung her into his arms grinning as she giggled happily. And when she settled her palm on NK's cheek and showed her the dimples that she had gotten from Lavanya and her little milk teeth, his heart had melted as he looked behind her to Lavanya who stared at them with moist eyes.

It was not always simple adjusting to the circumstances that were put in front of you; however this must have been one of Lavanya's fortes. Presently, she had delved into the role of a mother so beautifully that he was still left in awe at times. Although, she hadn't changed completely. She still went on those shopping trips, but this time for her daughter. She loved to talk and chatter, but most of her gossip' was regarding her daughter. And she still loved to wear the best clothes, and look the best, but of course after her daughter.

About 15 minutes later, crowds of people made their way inside the Raizada mansion, couples, families, and especially those with children Anya's age who happened to be her friends.

He could easily make out his family, the people he had been blessed with to call his own.

Devyani was chatting with two other women, chuckling and shaking her head as she narrated some sort of story. It must have been something mischievous Anya had done, NK mused.

His parents Manorama and Mahinder were seen chasing after Anya who wobbled away from them.

Shyam and Anjali were also talking to another couple, not noticing how Aarav was bickering with the couple's young daughter.

Payal was chatting with a couple of other girls she had met at Arnav and Khushi's wedding, and NK did not miss the way she glanced over at a smirking Akaash from time to time who was not far behind as he spoke with Khushi's other cousin Siddharth.

Siddharth and Payal had stayed back after the wedding, staying with the Raizada's on Devyani's wish. They would have stayed with Arnav and Khushi at their beach house; however they did not wish to intrude on the newlyweds just yet.

He felt soft fingers fill in the space of his palm, and then enclose his whole hand.

Turning to his side, he saw a very beautiful and glowing Lavanya smiling up at him, slight questioning in her eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked tenderly.

He shrugged, pulling her closer to his side and squeezed her hand. "I'm just happy."

"Me too." She grinned, her gaze moving to their daughter.

"Hey, aren't you happy Anya got my nose instead of your weird one?" NK asked, earning a punch to the ribs as he held back his laughter.

"Excuse me! She looks just like me, beautiful like her mother!" Lavanya said in a dramatic manner, making NK chuckle.

"You're right." NK had to agree, making Lavanya give him a genuine smile. "You know...I was thinking..."

"You were thinking?" Lavanya's eyes darted to his. That unfinished sentence had always managed to pique Lavanya's interest and take her mind off of everything else.

"We never got a proper honeymoon." NK said casually, watching the way Lavanya's expression changed from one of slight astonishment, then a shy smile made its way to her face, after which a full blown ecstatic grin was seen.

"Really? But...Anya..."

"I think we could manage to leave her with Di and Jeejaji for a really short while, or even Arnav and Khushi if they are not away for work. I mean...it doesn't have to be long at all or far for that matter...or even anytime soon, I just think it's something we should think about." He smiled. "Whatever you want."

She looked around them momentarily, making sure there were no eyes that rested directly on them, and then proceeded to place alight peck on his lips. "I really like that. Let's figure it out soon." She smiled cheekily, turning to walk towards their daughter. And moments later when his wife grinned at their little daughter and spun her in her arms, he knew that he was truly in love.

-----

The party had been just as the Raizada clan had imagined it would be. A happy couple in the form of Lavanya and NK, with their beautiful daughter Anya who smiled and posed so perfectly for the camera that one could see how similar to her mother she truly was.

Khushi glanced at her watch, seeing as Arnav should have been home soon. Trying his phone again, she was met with his voicemail and perceived that his phone must have died during the journey.

"Arnav will be here soon! Don't worry Khush." NK was at her side smiling at her, and she felt herself relaxing.

Her friendship with NK had bloomed and it was almost as if they were still in the initial days of University, where they talked about anything and everything. Even Lavanya who had been reserved with her initially had started warming up to her, and initiating conversations with Khushi herself.

"Is she crying about her husband again?" Siddharth joined the duo, asking NK teasingly and earning a punch to the shoulders from Khushi.

"Geez, I'm not crying! I bet he's the one who's crying." Khushi lifted her chin in challenge, and both the men in front of her glanced at one another before breaking into guffaws, leaving a glaring Khushi.

Moments later, Payal joined the group with Akaash and glanced around at the laughing faces, her own smiling forming.

"Are we laughing because Sid is too scared to tell Diya he has feelings for her? I mean it's been a year and you'd think he would learn..." Payal laughed alone as everyone stared at a wide eyed Siddharth.

"Sid! You didn't tell me this!" Khushi said in astonishment as the others laughed at him.

"I didn't tell anyone this!" He glared at Payal, who tried hiding behind Akaash. "But since we're talking about relationships, let's talk about you guys!" Sid suggested looking straight at Akaash and Payal with a grin.

"Yeah, what is going on with you guys?" NK asked and Khushi nodded along with NK.

Payal and Akaash both turned beet red at the question, looking at one another before looking back at the others. Siddharth did not miss the fire Payal's eyes spit in his direction, as he chuckled softly.

"Okay, okay, that's enough. No more teasing!" Khushi raised her hands up in the air and laughed. "I'm going to go put these gifts upstairs, I'll be back." She smiled at the people around her.

Bumping into a small figure in the way, she managed to drop one of the bags in her hand and glanced at the two little precious people before her.

"Look Khushi Mami, Anya and the rest of the girls stole my car!" Aarav complained, as Anya clutched onto one of Khushi's legs.

"Uhh..."

"Anya!" Lavanya yelled after her daughter as she caught up with them slightly out of breath, looking at Khushi in relief. "Oh thank goodness. The girl can run!" Lavanya shook her head, pulling a squealing Anya into her arms and effectively taking the car from her hands and handing into to a now beaming Aarav.

"Thanks." Lavanya grinned, easily earning a smile back from Khushi.

As she climbed the spiral staircase of the Raizada mansion, she let the feeling of elation pass through her at the thought of spending all this wonderful time with her beautiful family.

Settling the bags on NK and Lavanya's bed, she heard the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway. Walking over to the window, her smile growing as she made her way there, she found herself peeking out. Arnav got out of the car, shutting the door behind him and taking his aviators off of his face as he glanced up at the house.

Khushi, feeling like a teenager, hid behind the curtains and watched as he went to the trunk of the car to retrieve his suitcase. Finally, her heart seemed to have settled down after days. The empty feeling diminishing with just one look at him, one glance at his face and she was a goner.

Internally admonishing herself, she realized she was supposed to be upset with him at this point. He hadn't picked up her calls or even tried to get in contact with her after he left his meeting.

Glancing out the window once more, she frowned as she realized that he was no longer in sight. Had he already gone inside? Moving closer to look properly, she craned her neck to see if he was anywhere else around the house.

A pair of warm familiar hands had managed to make their way around Khushi's waist at this point as she stilled at first, and then let out a huge breath as she closed her eyes and relaxed into her favourite pair of arms.

"Looking for me?" Arnav's husky voice lingered in Khushi's ears, and she placed her hands atop his arms, making him hold her tighter.

"What makes you think I was looking for you? I was looking for my lover; we were supposed to meet before you came home." She teased with a giggle, biting her lip.

"Oh him? I might have run over him with my car on the way here." He smirked. She felt herself being turned around almost instantly, and pressed against the window as Arnav's fingers found her chin and tilted her face so that she met his intense gaze. A mixture of longing and amusement shining in his molten depths as he leaned forward and brushed his lips against hers...once, twice and then a third time. "I missed you Khushi. Too much."

She smiled, leaning forward to engulf him in a hug, her face buried in the crook of his neck as she pressed her lips against his pulse. Breathing in and out, she reclaimed his scent in her senses.

"What's wrong? Are you upset about your lover?" He teased, and she gave him a muffled shaky laugh.

"Hey, I'm home now." Arnav reassured her, holding her tighter against him, and the two of them merely relishing the moment.

She raised her head from his neck and glanced up at him, her fingers already caressing his stubble. "You look thinner. Did you not eat properly during your stay?" Khushi asked with a frown, earning a chuckle from Arnav.

"I didn't have you hounding me constantly, so I ate a normal amount...not the usual large amount you feed me." He teased her, and she closed her eyes and smiled.

"Khushi...I'm sorry I had to leave in the first place. We only just got back from our honeymoon and I had to leave."

"Arnav! Why are you apologizing for that? It's completely okay, and definitely not your fault." She said strictly.

"And I'm sorry for not being able to call you once I left. My phone died on the flight." He smiled sheepishly, and then Khushi smacked her palm against her forehead.

"I was supposed to be upset with you about that! You always make me forget." She narrowed her eyes at him in amusement, making Arnav chuckle heartily.

"Ok, next time I promise not to make you forget, and then you can scold me. Deal?"

"Deal." She grinned up at him.

"So, I heard you were crying for me downstairs from Sid." Arnav said casually as he tightened his arms around her waist, her hands resting against the lapels of his suit. "I guess you really missed me, huh?"

She let out a laugh. "Yeah right. I missed you a normal amount, no more and no less." She beamed, as he kept his eyes locked with hers,

"Oh yeah? So no tears?" He asked in amusement.

"I'm sorry, but no." She giggled, leading to Arnav engulfing her in a hug once more and sighing happily in the arms of his wife.

---

Once the guests had left mid day, the Raizada clan, and Payal and Siddharth settled together at the dining table for a late lunch. The chatter was hard to control amongst everyone, and was extremely hard for Khushi to try and keep up with all of it. She felt Arnav's hand entwine with hers and stroke her skin under the table and leaned back into the seat, deciding it was better to just watch her family enjoy themselves and save the memory for keeps.

"Siddharth beta, Payal bitiya, when will you both be leaving?" Devyani enquired during the middle of their meal.

"Tomorrow morning Nani. Ma has been alone for some time now, we should probably head back." Siddharth smiled.

"But Payal Bitiya, you never showed me those photos you clicked of me!" Manorama complained with a pout, making the rest of the family hide their laughter.

Manorama had found a best friend of sorts in Payal, leaving no doubt that Manorama would have no issue with Payal perhaps become her future daughter-in-law someday. Manorama had always wanted to model, and when Payal had showed her some of her modeling photographs, she had only insisted that Payal make her as beautiful and click photos of her as well.

"I will send them to you! Do you have an email address?" Payal asked.

"No." Manorama pouted.

"I will make you one then." Payal grinned, leaving a beaming Manorama who looked on at her hopefully, wondering if her son had liked her at all. Little did she know that her son had knowingly or unknowingly fallen hard for Payal.

Much later, after placing several kisses on both Anya and Aarav's faces, both Arnav and Khushi retired for the day as Arnav was quite exhausted after his trip. Arnav did not miss the skip in his heartbeat when he saw Khushi with children, longing for the day when they would be ready to have their own. They walked hand in hand down to their home, along the sands of the beach. Arnav recounted the events that had occurred while he was away and Khushi questioned him every now and then.

When they finally got to their house, Khushi retrieved the keys and unlocked the large glass door as they entered their home. The Raizada mansion would always be their first home, however this was just their home and so it was much more special.

Arnav put his belongings down on the couch and then proceeded to loosen his tie as he entered their bedroom. Khushi was already in front of their wardrobe, humming a tune under her breath, taking out clothes for him as he glanced at their bedside table where a beautiful frame lay put. An old picture that Arnav had somehow managed to retrieve from one of the old boxes of picture he had, it was Arnav and Khushi in their first year of school. Beside that rested a picture of them about a month ago, on their wedding day. Arnav threw his tie on the chair nearby and approached Khushi's back.

She had worn this sari purposely, he knew. It had managed to catch his breath when he first saw her in it upon his return home, only he knew the strength it had taken to refrain himself from carrying her home right there and then.

As Arnav gently grasped the cascading strands of her silken strands, gathering them and moving them over to one shoulder, as his lips descended on the opposite shoulder, earning a small gasp from Khushi as the clothes in her hands dropped to the floor. His hands encircled her waist, caressing the skin of her midriff as he heard his name tumble from her lips.

When he finally raised his head from her collarbone, he was met with the hazel eyes that had resided in his mind for as long as he could remember, every fleck and shade memorized to the point where Arnav could easily close his eyes now and still see her depths. When his lips glided over hers, he felt the curve of her lips against his, smiling. The smile that was brought so easily to her face managed to make his breath hitch, he wondered if she had an inkling as to how much she meant to him. 5 days away from his wife had left him severely grumpy and constantly awaiting to hear from her on the phone. Her voice as she spoke about her day, her giggles as he grumbled about being away from her, and even the comfortable silence that rested between them when they didn't speak.

"I missed you too Arnav." Khushi said simply, a small smile adorning her lips as they broke away from the kiss, and Arnav responded by pulling her back into an abyss of pure bliss and passion as he claimed her lips once more.

As his clothes managed to find their way beside Khushi's sari which lay astray on the floor of their bedroom, Arnav and Khushi found themselves in a haze on their bed. Khushi's feather light kisses over Arnav's body as his groans resounded in the room, following the moans he had managed to elicit from Khushi's mouth as he took her higher. "Beautiful." He murmured into her skin, making Khushi's eyes close from the immense pleasure he brought with both his ministrations and his words.

The nudge of her nose against his face, the feel of her forehead against his as he rested over her, their breaths mingling were all moments Arnav had known the sensation of by now, however it was as if they were experiencing it for the very first time, every time. The sheer cry of agony that he managed to bring out of Khushi as he trailed his fingers over her body, over her softness as they moved as one, the rhythm as natural the sync of their heartbeats.

And when neither could stand the pleasured torture any longer, his caramel brown orbs fused with hers as they went limp with pleasure, the cry of his name that emerged from Khushi's mouth, followed by the breath that held Khushi's name against her neck as Arnav buried his neck there. Moments later they bathed in the afterglow, Khushi closed her eyes in content, her back to Arnav, as he drew lazy patterns against her skin. Soon after, she felt Arnav's hands still and his hand relax on her skin. She turned slightly as she heard the even breathing of Arnav, watching his face as she realized he dozed off. Turning in his arms to fully face him, breathing in the scent she had been missing for the past couple of days.

Arnav seemed to love his sleep even more when Khushi was his pillow. She would often wake up to his soft breathing on her skin, to his touch as he held her close, to his lips, close enough to press against hers...

"Arnav..." Khushi whispered, tapping his cheek with her finger as she looked up at him, softness hinted in her voice. How could she possibly try to wake him when he looked the way he did? As she felt her lips curving into a smile, she leaned into his face, softly pressing her lips against his. When he only sighed happily in response, she frowned. Her finger moved down his face, outlining his lips before going down his jaw, feeling the rough stubble against her skin. She continued her trail down his neck, making a curve around his collar bone and then gazed at his face hoping for a hint of awakening; however she saw nothing but a more peaceful expression on his face then before. Her childhood friend. Her lover. Her husband. Her Arnav.

The married Arnav was a total different man from what she was usually used to, and it was surprising considering she had not imagined marriage to change the dynamics between them. However this man was everything she had ever dreamed of and more loving her to no avail, taking care of every problem, but mostly constantly being there for her. She had not thought she would enjoy marriage so much, but she truly did. The closeness, the arguments they got into which she secretly enjoyed because it made them seem more like a married couple, and even the making up part which happened to be his favourite part, for obvious reasons.

Waking up next to Arnav every day for the rest of her life seemed to be a perfect plan to her. And she would not have wanted it any other way. Placing a light kiss on the corner of Arnav's lips, she slipped out of bed as stealthily as she could. Throwing on one of Arnav's very oversized t-shirts that fit her like a dress, she glanced outside their large French windows to watch the sands of the beach and the twinkling waters. Turning her head over her shoulder, she glanced at Arnav who still slept soundly on his stomach, only his toned back visible from her view. Smiling, realizing he must have been very tired, she decided to take a small walk down the beach to enjoy the beautiful evening summer breeze that lingered in the air.

Moments later she was sitting on the sand, watching the sunset before her eyes.

The season cast an orange haze above the horizon, lighting up the sky as if lit by fire, yet the haze was so crisp and clear. All the colours and shades had come together on the sky, as if it was a canvas reminding them of all the moments that had passed that very day.

The sun, like a large, grandeur orange fireball in the distance was partially cloaked by the hanging clouds, which were all splashed with the random colors of hot pinks, reds and even hints of purples and blues. The sun was so large that it almost seemed touchable. Seemingly gazing upon the earth with powerful glare, knowing of its beauty and the planet's dependence on it for survival.

The sun which had it's time to shine for the time it was given, seemed to whisper farewell to the world as it sunk lower and lower in a lazy manner; almost as if it never wanted to leave.

A stubbled cheek against her own was what had steered her out of her reverie, and she turned her face slightly to meet Arnav's loving gaze, and then looked back at the sky with a grin. He kneeled behind her sitting form on the sand, his hands snaking around her waist in the process.

"What are you doing here?" He whispered as he placed a kiss behind her ear.

"Felt like taking a walk." She smiled, her eyes distant, almost as if remembering something.

"You should have woken me." Arnav said as he released her, only to plop down beside her on the sand.

"You looked too pretty in your sleep to be woken." Khushi explained with a giggle, watching Arnav roll his eyes.

"Oh great, every husband loves being called pretty by their wife." He teased her.

When her laughter died down, she sighed and traced a pattern into the sands below her. "Everyone looked so happy today, didn't they?" Khushi asked.

"Very. Well deserved happiness. And why not, we've all passed bad phases in life. There are always ups and downs. Who knows what will happen next, but for now we are all so happy." He smiled at her warmly, his eyes crinkling in the corners.

"Did you see Sid and Payal?"

"Oh yes...I had a serious talk with him as well." Arnav said distastefully, making Khushi bite back a grin.

"Oh yeah?"

"He seems pretty serious about Payal. Which is oddly surprising...but hey, everyone changes." He shrugged.

She nodded grinning. "I think they're so cute. Payal isn't the type either, so I was pretty shocked initially. But they seem happy together." She concluded thoughtfully.

"I caught a glimpse of Sid trying to flirt with my secretary." He smirked.

"Trying is the key word." She laughed. "He can't flirt for the life of him, so Akaash has been giving him tips."

"Oh poor Diya, if Sid takes advice from crazy Akaash then she will have to go through some trouble." Arnav chuckled wryly.

"I guess all we have to do is sit back and relax while we watch them be crazy." Khushi said happily.

"I guess so!" Arnav sighed. "As long as they learn from the mistakes of others, they will be alright."

Khushi turned to look at him, knowing exactly what he was referring to. It was true, they had a rough start but all was well that ends well. He smiled at her softly, showing her they were truly past everything that had happened. Any traces of despair or guilt were washed away like the waters that reached the shore of the beach momentarily and left with whatever it could, before her eyes.

"Do you remember when we first met?" Khushi asked suddenly, biting her lips to retain the grin that threatened to break out. Arnav smiled as he gazed into the sky before him.

Flashback

As Arnav sat in the sandbox with his friends, he realized he found it no fun and had been merely watching his friends instead. He would have rather been running or jumping around.

Just as he had made an effort to get up from a surprisingly comfortable spot in the sand, a girl from his class approached him. Her pigtails had traces of sand in them, along with her clothes. She was an absolute mess.

"Can I borrow that shovel?" She had pointed to the object lying haphazardly to his side. Her voice was soft, slightly shy as her hazel eyes watched him closely. For absolutely no reason, he felt the urge to share with her.

"This is my shovel. I'm using it." One of Arnav's new friends had said with attitude.

Her mouth had formed a perfect shaped 'O', her small hands resting on her waist as all traces of shyness disappeared from her face and were replaced with shock.

"It's not yours! It's for the whole class and you are supposed to share!"

"Well I don't want to." The boy had said, turning away from her.

"But I'm making a sandcastle and I need it!" Khushi said, however the boy did not turn back and simply kept his back to her and minded his own business as he tended to his own masterpiece.

She had marched away then, huffing and puffing as she took her seat from across them, her frown only deepening while she crossed her arms over her chest.

Many minutes later, when the boy had moved on to something new, Arnav had grabbed the small colourful shovel and walked over to a sulking Khushi. "You can use it now; I think he forgot about it." Arnav said as he gestured to the boy.

"Wow, thanks!" Khushi exclaimed happily, taking the shovel from his hands.

Arnav merely shrugged, although satisfied that she seemed happy.

"Wait!" She called out to him, watching as he turned slowly.

"What's your name?" She frowned, trying to remember at the same time because she was sure she had heard it.

"Arnav. What's yours?" He had asked casually.

"Khushi!" She had grinned, finding a friend so easily in him as she showed him all her teeth, making him surprisingly smile back at her too.

--

"The memory is hazy. But yes, how could I forget?" He as the smile tugged at his lips.

Khushi sighed, perceiving just how far they had come in life. "Do you ever wonder what our life would be like had we not gone through so many hurdles in the midst? What if my parents hadn't passed away and I didn't leave?" She wondered aloud, knowing it would make no difference to her thought process or his, would not blemish the life they had now because the "what if's" were not valued anymore. However, it was just a thought that seemed to flutter into Khushi's brain as she mused over the possibilities.

"I think, no matter what...we would have somehow found our way." Arnav admitted after some time.

"I don't necessarily want to say that I'm glad that everything happened the way it did...but I do believe everything happened for a reason." She smiled. "And the way matters had played out; I believe it only made our love stronger. Only showed us what we truly had. The struggles were integral and perhaps without them, we wouldn't have known each other's worth." Khushi said thoughtfully, as she turned her body and crawled over to Arnav and settle on his lap, again this chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

He nodded thoughtfully, realizing Khushi was absolutely right. After all the running they had done from the truth, realization had hit them and showed them the right path.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Arnav asked huskily, his voice spearing into her chest as she breathed out deeply.

She knew she did not have to hear this much, although he told her often. It was just ceremonious validation of what he already showed her.

"You haven't in..." Khushi pretended to think. "A week." She giggled, causing Arnav to tighten his hold on her, wanting to relish in the delicious sound of his wife's laughter.

It was said that when one door closes, another one opens. Perhaps this was precisely what had happened with Arnav and Khushi, and they had not been able to see that opened door immediately due to the pain of watching the closed one.

They realized over time that even if they had wanted to move forward in life, it was important to have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past would be holding you back from a new life. And this was exactly what had brought Khushi and Arnav together, the feeling of letting go of any guilt and pain and simply being with one another. It was not that the memories did not come back, but more the fact that they had complete and utter control over them.

Arnav had at some point lifted Khushi into his arms, holding her close as he walked across the sand that his feet sunk into and found their way between his toes. As he walked away with her, he left the memories of their past to the breeze that surrounded them, all the memories he savoured of them on this very beach. He would be back for them later, but at times like this he loved concentrating on nothing except Khushi and everything that was her.

"Let's go home." He whispered into her ear, making Khushi smile as she hid her suddenly warm face into his neck. His lips found her temple easily, as his own mouth curving against her soft skin.

However for them, home was no longer a place. It was a person - and they had finally found their home. With each other.

-The End-

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

142K 4.5K 13
She wasn't sure how she was supposed to feel or behave tonight or for that matter in the coming days. At the age of twenty one, she had absolutely no...
32.6K 2K 13
For most of his life, Arnav Singh Raizada, never imagined he would fall in love or get married. But the impossible happened when Khushi Kumari Gupta...
26.5K 1.4K 11
Arnav, a Proud Airforce officer who worship his duty. He got married to Khushi, a shy girl but with strong determination. Their marriage was an arran...
55.8K 1.6K 5
Khushi and Arnav were enjoying their rabba ve moments after their remarriage. Arnav showered her with love but still enjoyed riling her up just to se...