Running From The Truth (by Em...

Ipkknd-FanFictions द्वारा

"Yes, I am in love with you. I've been in love with you for the past 14 years, ever since the first day I saw... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1- The meeting
Chapter 2- Despair
Chapter 3 - Confusion
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5 - Nostalgia
Chapter 6 - Denial
Chapter 7 - Reminiscing
Chapter 8 - Guilt
Chapter 9 - Uncovered
Chapter 10 - Recognition
Chapter 11 - Optimism
Chapter 13 - Apprehension
Chapter 14 - Reality
Chapter 15 - Forsaken
Chapter 16 - Amendment
Chapter 17 - Outset
Chapter 18 - Resurgence
Chapter 19 - Infallibility
Chapter 20 - Confessions
Chapter 21 - Divergence
Chapter 22 - Coveting
Chapter 23 - Assurance
Chapter 24 - Decisions
Chapter 25 - Submission
Chapter 26 - Reconciliation
Chapter 27 - Lull
Chapter 28 - Allegations
Chapter 29 A & B - Storm
Chapter 30 A - Outset
Chapter 31 - Renaissance
Chapter 32 - Euphoria
Chapter 33 - Initiation
Chapter 34 - Grasping
Chapter 35 - Insecurities
Untitled Part 37
Chapter 38A B - Forge Ahead
Chapter 40 A B - Seasonable
Epilogue

Chapter 12 - Proceed

3.4K 167 4
Ipkknd-FanFictions द्वारा

Chapter 12 - Proceed

The evening passed by in a haze for Khushi. One moment she was laughing with NK, the next moment she felt sick, and the next moment she was dancing with Arnav. What the hell was going on with her? Why couldn't she keep her emotions in check? She felt disgusting suddenly for admitting her feelings for Arnav, despite being with NK. She felt unfaithful.

NK interrupted her thoughts. "Khushi, are you ready to go? I'll drop you off at home" he said.

So he led her to the door, and she turned once before walking out of the house, only to meet Arnav's intense stare mimicking her own. She then turned and left.

---

Anjali watched the two of them carefully, and as soon as Khushi left, she decided to confront her little brother.

"Chote, I need to talk to you in private" she said seriously.

"Sure Di, let's go to my room and talk" he said. So she followed him upstairs, and she sat on his bed while he closed the door.

"Okay Di, what's up?" he asked.

"Why don't you tell me? What the hell is going on?" she asked.

"What are you talking about'" he said in a confused manner.

"I know Chote. I know everything" she said crossing her arms across her chest.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" he replied casually while removing his tie and shrugging off his expensive suit.

"Don't you dare try and play dumb with me. You don't know who you're dealing with! How could you?!? How could you do that to Khushi?"

"Look, if you're planning on lecturing me about that, you might as well leave. I know what I did was horrible. I know that I made a ridiculously stupid mistake by breaking her heart and letting her go. And I know that I'm making another mistake now because she's with NK and I'm still desperately holding on to her. But what do you want me to do? What can I do to make things better, huh?" he exclaimed. "I waited, 4 long years! You can't say that you haven't been witness to my empty state. You've seen me throughout these years, and how I've immersed myself in work only as a distraction because all I really think about is what an idiot I've been! And that's all everyone is going to tell me! You know I love her, and you know I've been waiting for her Di! Don't I deserve a second chance? I thought that out of all people, maybe you'd understand me" he said angrily.

"Look, I get it; you've realized your mistake. Maybe I shouldn't have reacted like that, but I just can't believe it'I know your side of the story, and I knew hers as well, but never in my life would I have thought they both stories were pieces to the same puzzle" she said astonished.

"How did you figure it out?" he asked.

"She'she told me" Anjali replied.

"She did?!? So if she can tell you, why can't she tell NK?' Arnav asked.

"What are you, crazy?!? No one is telling NK anything, not just yet at least. Think about Khushi's situation right now. She's in a total fix, and it's all because of you! We need to figure this out, and you're going to help me, samjhe tum?" she said very sternly.

"Fine. If this helps Khushi, of course I'm in" he said.

"Thank you Chote. Okay, so I understand that you guys have had this on and off sort of relationship throughout school? Mostly because you kept giving her mixed signals, right?" she looked up at her little brother for feedback. He sat on the recliner in front of her, and nodded.

"Why? Why did you have to act like that? And most importantly, how could you let a girl like Khushi slip away?" she said questioningly. "I just want to know your honest answer, I'm not judging" she said defensively.

"I don't really want to talk about it Di" he said looking away.

"Did it have anything to do with'with Mumma and Papa's relationship?" she asked getting teary eyes as she said the names.

He turned away and nodded like a little child would after admitting to a mistake. She saw his shaky state and got up to hug him.

"Di, what will people think of me? Outside, everyone is scared of me because I look so tough and mean. I'm rich, I have a great family, and I have all the luxuries in life! But inside, I'm still that weak nave little boy who believes in whatever he wants to believe, and never listens to anyone but himself! And look at the consequences I have to face because of that, I'll never be happy. And it's my own fault. I'll never be happy without her, and it's my own fault. Di, I can't live without her, what am I supposed to do?" he mumbled.

"Chote, I wish I was around more for your childhood. This is my fault too, had I been there, maybe you wouldn't have thought like that! Maybe I could have helped you, given you proper advice like every older sibling should" she said sadly.

"Di, don't say that! You were suffering too, your polio first'and then that jerk who was supposed to marry you left you at the venue'And despite all of that, you were still like the mother I never had' he said.

She looked at her brother through the blurriness of her tears. She wanted to cry, and cry. But she kept herself together, for the sake of her little brother. "Okay, okay. Let's not talk about that stuff; it only brings back bitter memories. What's done is done, right?" she tried smiling.

He wiped her tears and nodded, smiling back slightly.

"Okay Chote, back to the original topic" she took a deep breath. "I understand your plight perfectly now. Although it was very idiotic of you, I know why you acted the way you did. And I also know how much you've suffered throughout the past couple of years" she took a deep breath and spoke in a gentle voice. "But you have to understand that she's moved on. Khushi is not only NK's girlfriend, but she's become my best friend as well. I know how she suffered too, I know about everything she's been through. It took her a very very long time to move on from you. She wouldn't even look at another man, because she felt so betrayed. Do you know how long it took NK to even get a full sentence out of her? NK may have been the flirt in the family, but his dedication towards her made me believe that people can really change for the better. Look, I know this may sound very bad coming from me, but I'm your Di and I always want the best for you. You need to let go Chote...NK loves Khushi, and she loves him" she said putting her palm to his face.

"But she loves NK like her best friend. She can't love him that way. I know she still loves me...it's not something either of us can forget." he said. " Di, she may have locked up all the memories attached with me, but she will never be able to stop loving me, and nor will I be able to stop loving her. Our relationship is deeper than you think; we've loved each other since we were very very small. And don't you get it? I'm the only one who can cure her depression! I can remind her of all the good aspects in her childhood" he explained. "Look Di, she won't be able to forget me completely, no matter how happy she is with NK. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. And even if she's able to forget me I still won't be able to forget her. And I'll never be able to let her go. Of course, when the time comes and she makes up her mind, I'll let her be happy with whomever she chooses. But that does not mean my feelings for her will leave, never" he breathed.

"Chote, why are you doing this?! You're only making this harder for yourself and Khushi! If you just let her go, she would be able to live happily with NK, without having to think about your feelings too!" she exclaimed.

"You claim to know Khushi very well; can you honestly tell me that's the truth? Can you tell me that she'll be happy without me in her life, now that she has me back!? You claim that NK has been helping her throughout all these years, so why hasn't her depression been cured, huh? Despite all the expensive doctors and all the treatment? Despite everything he has tried, why hasn't she gotten better? Because she needs me! Only I can help her Di, and if you're asking me to leave her life, you're only going to hurt your so -called best friend! Look I get it, NK helped her! He was the one who took care of her when I should have been there! He's dedicated, and he's a great guy, I know. But can you look me in the eyes and tell me that she doesn't need me?" he asked.

Anjali looked down guiltily, closed her eyes and sighed.

"Fine, but that's all you're going to do - help her get better. You are not going to lure her back into your arms and you are not to force her into anything! Do you understand me Chote? Do not forget that she belongs to someone else now, or you'll see the worst of me" she said sternly.

"I'm not the freaking bad guy in this situation, so stop making me look like one! I'm only trying to help her; you make me feel like some sort of murderer!" Arnav glared angrily.

Anjali sighed; maybe she was getting ahead of herself. "You know what I mean Chote, just help her get better please. I know you're not the bad guy" she said apologetically.

Arnav turned to leave.

"Chote, I need to know something before you go'something important. I need you to be serious and honest with me" she said and he turned around.

"Do you truly have feelings for her, I mean are you absolutely sure? Okay forget that, just answer this - do you love Khushi?" she asked.

Arnav took a deep breath, looked straight into her dark orbs and asked "Do you breathe?" before walking out the door.

---

Khushi sat in her office, trying to go through some papers, trying to finalize some deals, or maybe trying to call some clients. Except she couldn't do anything. Her mind was reminiscing over the earlier conversation she had with NK. He had told her about their dinner date with Arnav and Lavanya tonight, and to say she was surprised would be an understatement. When Arnav had asked to be friends, she had of course believed that was what he wanted. But she never imagined that he would move so fast with this arrangement. She could not resist refusing NK after seeing the excited look he had on his face, so she agreed. He also told her about Lavanya being his ex-girlfriend, and of course she didn't find it a problem. NK had plenty of former flings, and it made her giggle every time he tried to explain himself when an attractive woman approached him asking "NK darling, it's so nice to see you! Don't you remember me?" So the problem to her was not Lavanya, but mostly having Arnav, NK and herself in such close proximity. Could she act normally knowing such a big secret that could very well ruin all their relationships? Despite NK's reassurance about the date, she was still as worried as ever. She prayed to her Devi Maiya for a dinner without any setbacks.

---

NK stood at his brother-in-law's door knocking. Shyam opened almost immediately, with a warm smile on his face.

"Jiju, can I come in?"

"Of course, have a seat!" he replied happily. "How can I help my little brother?"

"I need some advice...regarding'"

"Regarding Khushi? Aw, look at you blushing and being all shy!" they both laughed.

"Jiju, I want to...I want to propose" he smiled nervously.

Shyam's face lit up blissfully, and with an enthusiastic voice he asked "Are you serious? This is great news!"

"Yes, I mean'I know that the family already knows that we plan on getting married, and they're just waiting for us to give them the green light. So I figured that I've been holding it off for too long. I want to propose and make it official, you know?" he raked a hand through his hair.

"I'm so proud of you, I really am. You're growing up and maturing so fast. I think Khushi has really brought out the best in you, she's definitely changed you. And you have changed her; you helped her get better and supported her. I don't think you could have found a better girl for yourself. And she's so lucky to have found you" he patted NK on the shoulder.

"Thanks Jiju, that really means a lot to me. I'll have to tell the rest of the family the good news soon" he said. Both men got up for a brotherly hug.

"So what the heck are you waiting for? Go propose!" Shyam insisted.

"Yeah...see that's the problem! I have no idea how" he admitted sheepishly.

Shyam threw his head back and laughed at his brother-in-law, grabbed his hand sat him back down before discussing the perfect plan.

---

NK picked Khushi up in the evening and arrived at the Purple Orchid by 5 o'clock sharp, and were greeted by Arnav and Lavanya. The four of them sat down quietly, not knowing that this was going to be one of the most eventful nights of their lives. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

33.4K 1.3K 2
Random three shot on Arnav and Khushi. Anjali 'Your house? And what husband? He is not your husband. Did you hear me he is not your husband? Your ma...
93.6K 3.6K 30
"You can't keep running away from me", Arnav said, his face was all serious as his eyes bored into Khushi's. Standing her ground, Khushi uttered usin...
126K 5.8K 13
Finally married! But the adventure isn't over yet! This is the last in a four-part series set in the Secret Romance AU. I highly recommend reading...
367K 14.8K 34
Never in a million years would I have thought that that would be our last conversation before my perfectly planned life would fall apart... Let me kn...