Four Horsemen of the Apocalyp...

By CelestialShadowWolf

Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book one in the short "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" series Noctis x Reader **Sm... More

|| One ||
|| Two ||
|| Three ||
|| Four ||
|| Five ||
|| Six ||
|| Seven ||
|| Eight ||
|| Nine ||
|| Ten ||
|| Eleven ||
|| Twelve ||
|| Thirteen ||
|| Fourteen ||
|| Sixteen ||
|| Seventeen ||
|| Eighteen ||
|| Nineteen ||
|| Twenty ||
|| Twenty-One ||
|| Twenty-Two ||
|| Twenty-Three ||
|| Twenty-Four ||

|| Fifteen ||

1.8K 61 1
By CelestialShadowWolf

A/n: I think I forgot to mention this, but this is a short series that will include four books in all. Each book will have around 15-20 chapters and you can tell this one is coming to an end. There will be a large time skip soon, but I will make sure this story has a happy ending! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
Not able to catch up to (Y/n), the boys lost sight of her. "Shit... How can she outrun us in heels?!" Noctis shouted as they came to a stop. There were two paths and no one knew which one Death took. The prince tried to follow the scent, but the smell drenched the entire area and nearly caused him to gag. "Should we split up?"

"No. With (Y/n) truant, the creatures in the vicinity will strike without warning," Ignis responded. "We will venture down both paths if necessary."

"Eenie... meenie... miney... mo..." Prompto started, determining with path they should take first. After finishing the jingle, the sharpshooter chose the path to their right. "That way!"

"Guess we're goin' right," Gladio mumbled as they took off.

Halfway down the path, the four were attacked by a couple of Mandrakes. It wasn't a grueling task slaying the creatures, but it did put more distance between them and (Y/n). Once the monsters were slain, the group continued down the path.

The four spot a familiar figure as they stood on the other side of a tunnel that led to an open area. Noctis was the first to reach the Horseman as her body appeared stiff. He followed her gaze as he heard the cries of a Wendigo and something else. Prompto stood a few feet behind the couple as he saw two creatures fighting. "Is that a...?"

"Bandersnatch and a Wendigo," Ignis responded. "Skirmishing against one another."

As the five watched the battle, they could tell the Wendigo had the upper hand even with its smaller stature compared to the Bandersnatch's immense one. Blood poured from the larger creature's side as it tried to attack the other worldly monster. The Bandersnatch's steps were wobbly, the blood loss causing its large body to sway with each step. The Wendigo pounced and landed on its opponent's back, lodging its claws into the larger monster's thick, though skin. Without hesitation, the smaller creature hissed loudly before biting into the Bandersnatch's flesh. Blood spurted from the fresh wound as the creature wailed out in pain as it no longer could stand. It tipped over, landing on its side and shaking the ground when it made impact.

The Wendigo retracted its claws and teeth from the now dead Bandersnatch, crying out in victory. (Y/n) glared daggers at the rotting, bloodied monster as it began eating the corpse of the large creature. From behind her, she could hear Prompto gag at the gruesome sight.

"What a vile creature," Ignis muttered with a scowl.

"Just be glad you don't live in the Inner Sanctum. There're monsters far worse than the Wendigo that reside in the world between life and death," the Horseman commented as she summoned her scythe.

"Gotta admit-it made our job easier," Gladio commented as he followed (Y/n)'s action and summoned his broadsword.

"Yeah, but now we've gotta face that creepy, nasty thing!" Prompto cried out, gripping his pistol tightly.

"It's an easy kill, Prom," the Horseman reassures. "The only way to kill it is to chop its head from its body. If you cut off any limbs, it won't slow it down-that'll only anger it and its movement won't be affected at all."

"Let's begin, shall we?" Ignis inquired with a dagger in each hand.

"Ready whenever you are," Noctis responded, eyes bouncing over to (Y/n).

"Let's just hope I can fight in these contraptions," she responded, glancing down at her dress and heels.

Without waiting another second, the five engaged the Wendigo. The monster easily sensed their presence before they could land a hit and swiftly dodged. It wailed out in anger-its meal being interrupted. Blood covered its entire body as its red, glowing eyes bounced between the boys and girl in front of it. The creature set its sights on Prompto, earning a scream of fear from the boy as the Wendigo pounced in his direction. (Y/n) acted quickly and outran the monster, standing protectively in front of the blonde boy and raising her scythe just as the Wendigo landed a few inches in front of her. Its bloodied claws rammed into the blade, the strength behind the attack causing her to slide back in the dirt.

Prompto took the chance to fire a round at the Wendigo and managed to take out the monster's left eye. It bellowed in pain and jumped away from the two, only to be attacked by Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis. (Y/n) and Prompto joined in as they recovered and surrounded the creature. It knew where the five were aiming and protected its head as it managed to break through their defenses and gain some distance. Noctis was the first to react and charged at the monster. The Horseman saw what it had planned and quickly ran after the prince. "Noctis, stop!"

The raven-haired boy heard her shout, grabbing his attention and distracting him from the monster standing only a few feet in front of him. A menacing glint flashed in the Wendigo's remaining eye as it raised its claws and swiped at Noctis. Before the prince could feel his skin being shredded, he was pushed out of the way and to safety. His body went rolling through the grass before he came to a stop. When Noctis heard a scream, his azure eyes widened as his head shot up.

Noctis watched in anger and fear as the Wendigo tore into (Y/n)'s flesh with its claws. With the immense force of the hit, her body was swatted away and flew through the air. Her body slammed against a stone structure, which Noctis recognized as the tomb they were searching for. Stumbling to his feet, he dashed over to (Y/n) while the others handled the Wendigo.

Noctis reached (Y/n) and called out her name. When he didn't receive a response, he checked on her injuries. The ones she received from the impact were healing, but the one she received from the Wendigo wasn't and blood was pouring from the large gash on her arm. He patted his pockets, hoping to find a curative on him. When he didn't, he clicked his tongue in frustration and gathered (Y/n)'s body in his arms. "Dammit... Ignis!"

"On my way!" The tactician responded as he dodged one of the Wendigo's attacks to reach the couple. Ignis grabbed a curative from his pocket and tossed it to Noctis-who crushed it over the immense gash on Death's arm. The prince watched as the skin mended together and prevented anymore blood from flowing out.

Noctis held (Y/n) tightly, her head resting against his shoulder. He waited for her to open her eyes, signaling she was well and didn't need further medical attention. Ignis remained by the prince's side as Prompto and Gladio finished off the Wendigo with a combined attack. The two rushed over and gathered around Noctis and (Y/n), hoping the unconscious girl would wake.

A few minutes of silence passed when Death opened her eyes. She inhaled deeply before sighing heavily as she tried to sit up, but the hold Noctis had on her prevented her from moving an inch. "Is it dead?" Was the first thing she asked when she decided to let Noctis continue to hold her.

"Yeah. You alright?" Gladio asked.

"Just peachy."

Noctis was glad to hear she was fine, but one question buzzed in his mind. "How come the injury inflicted by that thing didn't heal? Your back healed perfectly fine and even when you grabbed Ravus' sword, the wound healed within seconds."

"That's because the Wendigo is from the Inner Sanctum. Injuries caused upon my being from a monster that I share a home with don't heal with mana from this world," the Horseman responded.

"That's what happened when Noct summoned you after we found the last runestone," Prompto said.

"Yes, except I wasn't only injured by that attack. By the time you summoned me, I had lost too much blood and my heart stopped."

Prompto swallowed hard at her response. "So, you were... dead?"

"In simple terms-yes. But, I am immortal and also happen to be the Horseman of Death. Kinda ironic, isn't it?"

"Never heard someone be so casual about death before," Gladio stated with a small frown.

"Well..." (Y/n) started. "When you're a being with the power to swipe someone's soul with a single touch, you kinda lose yourself to the darkness in you and end up laughing at the darkest things any man or woman could think of."

The boys were silent and couldn't think of anything to say after such a heavy statement. (Y/n) realized how she dampened the mood and decided to break free from Noctis' hold. She stood up and brushed off her dress. "You better go claim the royal arm." Not able to meet any of their gazes, Death headed towards the tunnel.

With a sorrowful gaze, Noctis watched as (Y/n) walks away from them. He wanted to chase after her and say something, but he couldn't think of anything to say. Sighing heavily, the prince opened the entrance to the tomb and claimed the royal arm.

<------<<<<<<<<

(Y/n) reached the Regalia and waited patiently for the boys to return. She examined the area she was scratched and saw the tear in her dress. "Guess I'll get rid of the sleeves before taking the photos."

"I think it suits you," Death heard a voice laugh from behind her. Spinning on her heels, she was greeted by the spectral image of one of her sisters-Famine. Unlike Death, she had blonde hair and green eyes. A smile was etched on her face as she stood a few feet away from (Y/n).

"What're you doing here, Famine?" (Y/n) questioned her sister.

"Pestilence, War, and myself have been watching the Wendigos. There's only one left and you'll be able to return home! The three of us miss you, Death."

(Y/n) glanced down at the ground, her (e/c) eyes becoming dull. "What if I wanted to stay here?"

Famine's emerald eyes widened. "What? Why would you want to stay in the land of the living?"

"There's someone I care about very dearly and I can't bring myself to return to the Inner Sanctum and leave him here."

Famine sighs in disbelief. "I understand, but you know your presence is needed to prevent another incident like this from happening. Before you slay the last Wendigo, please say your "goodbyes" to this boy. The moment the last monster is slain, the portal to the Inner Sanctum will open. Please, do not get yourself tangled any further in the living or your departure will only be more difficult."

(Y/n) remained silent as her sister vanished. She knew Famine was right and she needed to distance herself from the boys, especially Noctis. It hurt her to do this to them even after she had confessed her feelings to the prince recently. Biting the inside of her cheek, she steeled herself and made up her mind.

<------<<<<<<<

When the boys returned to the car a few minutes later, they didn't see (Y/n). Noctis searched the area, wondering if she had just wandered off a little ways. "(Y/n)?"

Prompto helped in the search, but he couldn't find the Horseman. Gladio and Ignis joined and searched further from the car. Noctis pulled out the summoning orb and curled his fingers around the ornament. When (Y/n) didn't appear, he grew worried for her safety.

"I don't see her, Noct," Prompto confesses as he returns from checking down the road.

"Neither do we," Ignis stated as he and Gladio returned from checking the foliage.

Noctis gritted his teeth, staring down at the sable orb in his hand. "Where the hell has she gone?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.1K 25
~In commemoration of the seven day countdown to Final Fantasy XV release~ Final Fantasy XV x Reader only First part written on November 22, 2016
Listen By 幸せ

Fanfiction

139K 5K 55
You haven't been one to open up to people well no matter who they are, not since you lost your family to Niflheim invading your home. How your shy an...
3.5K 20 10
You and Vi were pretty close. Until 7 years later things have change. You have no memories as you work to protect the Chosen King. Later on he resen...
55.9K 1.5K 25
Noctis Lucis Caelum Fanfiction!! |English is not my first language, therefore I apologize in advance for spelling errors / grammar and any other mist...