Falling For You (One Directio...

By TeenWolfie1D

17 year old Kalea Styles has been in love with Liam Payne since they met as young kids. He's her other half... More

Chapter 1-First Day Back
Chapter 2- Memories
Chapter 3-She Seems Nice
Chapter 4-Well Hello There
Chapter 5-Control
Chapter 6-Friends With Benefits
Chapter 7-The New Girl
Chapter 8-Getting To Know You
Chapter 9-What Matters Most
Chapter 10-Not Alone
Chapter 11-Just Friends
Chapter 12-Jenni?
Chapter 13-Kalea's Wish
Chapter 14-What Happened That Night
Chapter 15-A Broken Harry
Chapter 16-Moment of Truth
Chapter 17-The Untold
Chapter 18-Gaining Courage
Chapter 20-Problems Arise
Chapter 21-The Beginning
Chapter 22- Party Crashers
Chapter 23-Dirty Little Secret
Chapter 24-Forgive Me, Forgive Me Not
Chapter 25-A Night In
Chapter 26-Serenaded With a Kiss
Chapter 27-Heartbreak, Heartache
Chapter 28- "You're what?"
Chapter 29- When the Truth Sinks In
Chapter 30- "I'm in love with you..."

Chapter 19-Baby Steps

1.1K 12 4
By TeenWolfie1D

Kalea's POV

***Same Day at school; Lunch***

I haven't talked to Liam since he left me standing there in the hallway yesterday.

It doesn't matter anyways. By the looks of things, Liam had a success with Gillian and asking her.

I saw them holding hands walking to the cafeteria as I quickly looked away.

But she was staring at me and I could feel her eyes on me.

I peered over at them as she smirked at me. Liam didn't even see me.

I never understood what her problem was with me. I rolled my eyes as I walked away in the opposite direction as them.

There, I ran into Lizzie and Nathan fighting at his locker.

"You know what? You're overreacting Lizzie. This is stupid and I'm done. I bet there are now tons of girls waiting in line to be with me," he spat at her

"Hey!" I said interrupting.

"You are not allowed to speak to her that way!" I said stepping in between them.

"Kalea I can take care of myself," she started to say fiercely.

"I know that Liz, but I refuse to see any douche bag think he's allowed to talk to you like that."

I looked at Nathan.

"Now leave prick! We have nothing else to say to you."

"With pleasure," he said storming off.

"Kalea, I could've handled it!" she said with annoyance.

"I know, but you probably would've ripped his head off and ruined the boy worse than I did," I said as we both laughed.

"True. Thanks for being there though," she said giving me a hug.

"Hey what happened!" Josh said coming up behind us out of breath.

"Well I hope you're happy. Just say it Josh. You told me so!" Lizzie said with a sad sigh.

"Wait I'm confused. What's going on?" I jumped in.

"No Lizzie, I just wanted to warm you about him! I didn't want you hurt," Josh said reaching his arms out to her.

When did these two get so close?

"I'm still lost guys..." I said.

Lizzie looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Get with the program Kalea," she said with a slight laugh. Typical Liz.

"Earlier today, Josh warned me that Nathan was using me but I didn't believe him. Until I saw it with my own eyes..." she said.

"Oh Liz, I'm sorry. When did this happen?"

"Well during my free period, I was in the Garden since I only have three classes today on the block schedule..."

"Lizzie, to the point please?"

"Sorry, and then Josh told me how he was using me. I went back to the building and there he was all over another girl!" she struggled to say.

"So then you confronted him..."

"And he flipped! He even blamed it on me somehow," she said cutting me off.

"He's being a dick Lizzie. You don't have to have any contact with him anymore," I said in an attempt to comfort her.

"Lizzie, listen, I'm sorry for being so forward about it earlier. I was just trying to be a good friend to you," Josh piped up.

"Thank you Josh, but you don't need to apologize. You were being an amazing friend for telling me," Lizzie smiled as she hugged Josh.

I noticed him blush a little as he hugged her back.

I gave him a wink, causing him to turn even more pink.

"Now let's eat!" Lizzie said with a smile. "I'm starving!"

We made our way to the cafeteria.

I saw Louis on the way there and motioned for him to come walk with us.

It also made me remember the events the day before.

I fell asleep in Louis' arms, feeling safe. I knew at that moment I could trust him.

I've been avoiding Jenni even though we have a project to do together.

I decided to shoot her a text saying that I'd be doing it by myself. I'd just give her the notes to read the day of our presentation.

The bitch is psycho! I needed to stay as far from her as I can. Who knows what stuff she knows about me...

When we got to the cafeteria, I noticed Harry, Zayn, and Kayla at the table already, Liam and Gillian in line, and Niall talking to some people from band.

I noticed Liam and Gillian laughing and talking. I automatically felt a surge of jealously and looked away. Louis noticed it.

"Hey babe it's okay," he said giving my hand a squeeze as we walked to line. "Look at me," he instructed.

I turned to face him, and looked into his blue eyes. Sounds really cheesy right? Well it was that kind of moment.

"I'm here."

And I trusted him, feeling much better after it.

Taking a look at the table, Harry was on one side moving his food from one side of his plate to the other in silence.

Zayn and Kayla were talking on the other end as they ate their food.

Recently, Harry hasn't been the same. Not since the fight with Kayla.

He doesn't talk much nor goes out much. Whenever I was home, he'd be hidden in his room.

At dinner, he'd eat then go back into his little cove without a word.

I tried talking to him once, but he kept pushing me away from him! I don't really know how to help him and our parents don't even notice anything wrong.

We rarely see them at home except right before we go to school. They both work in this huge industry with music and sound stuff. They also travel a lot. I don't want to get into that right now though.

Anyways, I want my brother back. And it's only been a couple days, but this is the worst I've ever seen Harry.

When we finally got to the table, there was small talk but it felt awkward.

I silently ate my food when I noticed Liam scoot closer to Gillian.

I then felt Louis come closer to me so I decided to go along with it.

That caused Zayn to move closer to Kayla, who eyes him strangely, and which also caused Harry to simply leave the table.

Lizzie and Josh seemed to notice the tension and everyone coupling up, so they moved closer together.

I felt something drop in my lap.

A fortune cookie?

I opened it up and read:

Trouble in Paradise?

I looked around and saw Jenni giving me the death stare from not too far away. I guess she figured out her plan of lying to me didn't work out.

"What's that?" I heard Louis whisper to me.

"Oh nothing. Just part of my lunch. Yum!" I said as I popped the cookie into my mouth and smirking at Jenni.

I really didn't want to play this game, but rubbing the fact that Louis was my friend in her face made me feel a little less scared of her.

"Hey guys!" I heard a familiar Irish accent say. Niall sat down at the table in one of the open gaps.

Silence.

"Hi Niall," I said deciding to try and make it less tense.

"Who died?" Niall asked with a laugh.

Silence and stares.

"Seriously guys. What is wrong with all of you?"

"Just some tension, ya know," Lizzie piped up. "I broke up with Nathan."

"Well that's a relief. That guy was such a tool," Niall commented.

"Did everyone think that but me?" she asked.

"Yes," we all answered, looking at each other with a laugh.

Lizzie buried her face in her hands with a slight laugh herself.

The table felt a little less awkward, which was better than dead silence.

"So guys guess what!" Niall spoke up again.

We looked at him waiting for an answer.

"We all have plans tonight...at the Giants game!" he spoke up.

"The San Francisco Giants?" Liam asked.

"No, the New York Giants. Yes idiot!!! The SF Giants!" Niall said with an excited smile.

"So we're going to a baseball game all the way in San Francisco?" Kayla said hesitantly.

"Yes! I got us pretty good priced tickets! Except there's only seven..." he said awkwardly.

Harry, Zayn Kayla, Lizzie, Liam, himself, and me. Our group.

"That's okay Niall. I'm not that into baseball, and I have something after school," Gillian said with a smile.

"I'll pass too. I'll be hanging out with Gill later tonight," Liam said.

They smiled at each other and for the first time in a while I didn't feel like throwing up at the sight! I did still get slightly jealous though and squirmed.

Louis held me tighter and I relaxed a bit.

"Well Niall, I'm in!" Kayla said.

"Me too!" said Zayn.

That left four more tickets.

"Niall, I don't think Harry's up for it," I told him.

"That's okay. Here, you four come with us," Niall said handing us the tickets.

"You okay with that?" I asked Louis.

"As long as you're there!" he said with a cheeky grin.

I saw Liam shift a bit.

"Then we're in!" I said taking the tickets from Niall.

We're in for a wild ride tonight.

At the game:

We got to our seats as they started introducing the players. Niall sat on one end followed by Josh, Lizzie, me, Louis, Zayn, and Kayla.

I felt bad because there were seven of us and Niall seemed like that seventh wheel.

"Hey I kinda want to sit next to Niall too. I feel bad that he doesn't have a person," I said to Louis.

Louis looked over to where Niall was sitting.

"I think he'll be okay," Louis said with a wink and motioned to look.

I saw a pretty brown haired girl take a seat next to him. She blushed as Niall flashed her a charming smile.

"Such a charmer he is," I said to Louis.

He gave me his own cheeky grin.

"Hey, Zayn and I are gonna get some food, want anything?" Kayla asked us.

"Just a bunch of hot dogs for all of us would be fine," Niall said answering for us.

We handed Kayla and Zayn our cash as they went off.

"You know Niall probably ordered all that just for himself, knowing his appetite," Lizzie whispered to me with a giggle.

Before I could respond, Niall beat me to it.

"Liz Martin, you are no good at whispering," Niall said.

We all laughed together.

"It's true though!" Lizzie said through her fit of giggles.

"I didn't say it wasn't," Niall said with his own laugh.

The game had started and Kayla and Zayn still weren't back yet.

"You know, I've never been to a baseball game before," Louis said to me.

"Really?" I asked as he nodded.

"Well, you're in for a treat!" I said flashing a smile at him.

"Now where's Buster Posey?" I heard Lizzie ask.

"Home plate. He's the catcher," I told her.

"I want to see his faaaace," she whined.

I let out a laugh as she pouted.

As the bottom of the first inning started when the Giants came up to bat, Kayla and Zayn still weren't back. I was starting to get worried if something happened.

"I'm gonna go look for Kayla and Zayn," I spoke up.

"But Buster's up now!" Lizzie complained.

"I can see him next at-bat," I told her.

"I'll come with you," Louis said standing up.

We made our way up the stairs to where the vendors were. I looked around the area and couldn't see them anywhere.

I walked over to the hot dog stand with Louis following.

"Good I'm starving," Louis said pulling out his wallet.

"I was just gonna ask if he's seen Kayla or Zayn," I told him rolling my eyes.

"Can I at least get myself a drink?" he asked, eyes pleading with a cute little pout.

"Fine," I answered as I stepped up to the guy.

"Hi, have you seen a skinny blonde and a fair-skinned, black-haired boy?" I asked.

"And can I have a water?" Louis piped up too.

He pointed in the direction behind us, then turned to get a water out of the coolers.

There at the balcony I saw them. With hot dogs in hand, full-on making out.

Shit. Thank God Harry's not here.

"Well, we found them!" Louis said coming up behind me after getting his water.

Nobody actually knew about Harry and Kayla except me. Zayn would never do that to his best friend if he knew.

But Kayla knows how Harry feels! Has she simply just forgotten?

Louis started walking over to them so I followed.

They noticed us and quickly pulled apart in embarrassment.

Zayn looked at me, almost stared. I lowered my eyes.

"Eww, our hot dogs are cold," Louis said grabbing some from them.

"Sorry," Kayla said with a smile.

"I'm also sorry for you catching us like that! But Zayn just asked me out!" she added with a giggle and a girly smile.

I figured. So I guess Zayn doesn't have any feelings for me. At least that was a relief!

Zayn was still staring at me intently. I then remembered that I didn't tell anyone about what happened between Zayn and I, except Lizzie and Niall of course. Harry just...found out. You know how that story goes.

I still needed a way to tell Liam.

"Come on, let's go back to the seats! I bet Niall is dying of starvation!" Kayla said with a laugh.

"Hold on I gotta tell Kalea something," Zayn said.

"Kay! Come on Louis," Kayla said skipping back to the section of our seats.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I haven't told her about what happened. I don't think we should though..." Zayn said.

"Why not? She has a right to know."

"The same reason you won't tell Liam!"

"How'd you know I haven't told him?"

"I know you Kalea. You care about him, I care about her. I don't want either of us to loose them. So this stays between us?" he asked.

"Fine," I replied.

We made our way back and took our seats.

"Everything okay?" Louis asked.

"Yup!" I replied.

"Good," he said grabbing my hand.

I didn't refuse the gesture. I actually...liked it.

Maybe I was starting to get over Liam. I wanted to, and Louis being here for me was really helping. Maybe I was also starting to fall for Louis a bit...but I can't be thinking about that!

Louis is just a friend for now! I do not want to get his hopes up, just so I could hurt him. He means so much to me already, I couldn't ever do that to him.

Baby steps Kalea. I smiled to myself and looked at my lap. Just...think...less.

"Hot dog?" he asked as he handed me one.

"Thanks."

The game was great! Very intense actually.

It went back and forth, and by the top of the seventh inning, the score was tied 4-4.

"Bathroom break!" I said standing up.

"I gotta go too," Louis said.

We walked out and did our business.

When we finished, we decided to look at the merchandise at a kiosk for a while.

"Isn't this the cutest!" I said trying on a panda hat.

"That's great! I think I want a t-shirt. Ya know, as a souvenir from my first baseball game!" he said picking one out.

He paid as I waited by trying on more hats.

"Alright. I'm ready!" he said as we walked back to the seats.

It was already the seventh inning stretch so everyone was standing.

Some dance music came on, and then the infamous kiss cam.

I always felt bad for the couples who were forced to kiss in front of a huge crowd, especially if they were just friends.

But I believe that every kiss has a story behind it. So as the camera hovered over different couples, I wondered what the story behind the two people were.

I burst out laughing when it all of a sudden pictured Lizzie and Josh on the giant screen.

Lizzie turned red and shook her head at it hiding her face in her palms. The crowd cheered in our are when Josh bravely pulled her hands away, laying one right on her.

She was surprised at first, then eventually gave in.

Louis and I were back next to them as the camera showed the next couple.

"What was that, man?" Louis said patting Josh on the back with a laugh as Josh shrugged.

Lizzie burst out laughing, still stunned from the kiss.

She started laughing even harder as she started to repeatedly punch my arm.

"Ouch Liz! What!" I asked annoyed, holding my arm which was in slight pain.

She pointed at the screen, which was now showing Louis and me.

I felt my cheeks turn a bright pink as I laughed too.

The crowd cheered as Louis raised his shoulders mouthing, "Why not?"

I laughed as he took me in his arms.

And I felt his lips press against mine.

I've never felt this feeling before as he kissed me. I didn't know exactly what it was, but I liked it! I felt warm inside and just kept pressing my lips against his soft ones.

I didn't want to pull apart, and I could tell he didn't want to either.

I smiled into the kiss as I started to think I'm really kissing Louis Tomlinson.

When we finally pulled apart, I saw Louis give me a huge smile back.

"Well that was nice," he said with a wink.

I grinned at him in a goofy way as we kept partying to the music blaring in the park.

Whatever this new feeling is that I'm experiencing now, it feels right.

Ok thank you to those who review!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!! (: So I just started school and I won't be updating as much but I WILL TRY BECAUSE I LOVE IT! <3 Soooo...tweet me if you like or just leave your comments. PLEASE! OK THANKS LOVES! -Sarah xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 9.6K 22
Bᴏᴏᴋ Tᴡᴏ Iɴ Tʜᴇ Tᴏ Bᴇ Fᴀᴍᴏᴜs Sᴇʀɪᴇs(: Aspiring pop star, Katrina Bell has the opportunity to meet One Direction. And to sing with them. But, the bad...
18.2K 330 35
Paige; a 17 year old girl with a dream to visit her Australian pen pal. Chloe; Paige's bestfriend the only one who knows about Paige's past who can m...
24K 862 100
Y/N is an 18 years old girl . Niall and Harry fell in love with her . who will she choose and what will happen when the other is not chosen . will he...
1.3K 34 13
The overly cliche story of a superstar boy meeting a less-than average girl, with a little twist. Niall Horan meets the weirdest, spunkiest yet most...