Demi Lovato Imagines

By sofiaxrosee

Demi Lovato and You Imagines! Open to requests! More

Tired.
Home.
Family.
Jealousy.
Dog-Sitting.
Paperwork.
Halloween
Halloween (Part Two)
Puppy
Planes
Nightmares
Coming Out
Coming Out (Part Two)
Rehab
Rehab (Part Two)
Sexy Dirty Love
Texts
Shooting Stars
Paintball
Burden
Muse
Sister
Hitchhiker
Meet and Greet
Leave
Cry Baby
A Home for Christmas
Believe in Me
Cheerleaders
Prom

Take the Chance

3K 91 4
By sofiaxrosee

note: another imagine that isn't girlxgirl but thought i'd upload some old stories i wrote!❤️

-

-

"You're such a little shit, Y/N!" Demi laughed, growling playfully from across the table. "The youngest always get away trouble free!"

"That's such a lie and you know it." You argue back as she just smirks. She knew you didn't get away with much, hence why you basically moved in with Demi because you and your mum had a very rocky relationship until last year.

"Well enough of that..." Just as she went to start up another conversation, the nervous waiter that hadn't kept his eyes off the two of you since you entered the very unnecessarily overpriced restaurant. Ever since Demi came off tour, she made the effort to take you out for a big sister day together. A part of you knew it was because of how guilty she felt that she wasn't there for you as a child, too wrapped up in her own issues and that had taken a lot of your parents and sisters attention too. It wasn't that your childhood was bad but you were a lonely child, too isolated from the other children because of your second yet, yet too young to understand the lengths of the issues your siblings endured growing up. "He's so sweet."

"Who?" Snapping you out of your thought, you looked up to see you sister pouting softly at the young boy that had taken our orders from there. "The waiter?"

"He's so nervous."

"Yeah, you do look a bit of a bitch."

"Fuck you." She laughs, flinging her napkin across the table.

"Behave, Demi! I swear to god, I'm the older sister sometimes." You laugh. "You definitely lost a few maturity years when you were homeschooled."

"Stop bullying me! Anyway, I was going to ask before he came over, what's new?"

"Well, last week I finally went outside... that was horrendous."

"I'm being serious!" Rolling her eyes at you, she takes a sip of the weird green drink she had ordered when you arrived, making you grimace.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Dem. My friends have all gone off to college in random states, Madison continues to literally be good at everything in the world, Dallas is drowning in rhinestones and Mom and Dad are weirdly going through some sort of honeymoon phase. It's kinda gross."

"And you?"

"I literally wake up, play with the dogs, eat and go to sleep."

"Have you given any more thought to college?" You sighed softly, not knowing how to answer. In all honesty, you had no intention of going to college but because you were the first family member to show no interest in going into the toxic industry that your siblings pined after, everyone had expected you to go to college.

But you hated education. You hated the overwhelming anxiety you'd have to constantly do well, to not fall behind, to understand every detail because you couldn't allow yourself to be the lowest grade in the class.

So you had come up with the excuse of having a gap year to your family, who had taken the news lightly as only the year before, you had suffered with similar issues that haunted your sister that was currently seated in front of you.

"I don't know Dems. I really don't want to get into it right now."

"That's okay." Her hand squeezed your own, that was resting on the table as she shot you a reassuring grin. Demi could read you like a book lately, you had grown up in her shadow and everyday she saw herself in your troubled eyes. "You don't have to do anything you don't want too."

"Thanks Dem."

"So, when Maddie FaceTimed me the other week, she was talking about Dallas' new boyfriend. Do you know him?"

"Nope."

"Apparently, he's from where we grew up. What are the chances of that?"

"Yeah, I guess it's kinda weird."

"Is there a... someone on the scene for you?" The sip of water that was running down your throat seemed to shoot back up, making you choke violently in shock at the unexpected question. Love lives had been off limits between the two of you when a couple of years ago, Demi had tried to give you the talk, only she was months too late and Maddie had blurted it out. You had never seen Demi so furious, so disappointed.

-

"...Tell me she's joking Y/N."

"She's joking." Shrugging your shoulder, you hadn't seen the big deal. It was your body and it was said sister who had constantly spoke to the public about how sex was fun and it wasn't a big deal if you wanted to have casual sex with whoever you liked.

"You're lying. Don't lie to me."

"You literally just said to tell you she was joking."

"I'm not in the mood for your stupid jokes, Y/N. Nor this bratty teenage attitude."

"Then mind your business. I don't need another sister that wasn't there when I was a child, to suddenly come along and call the shots about my life."

"How dare you-" Her eyes shone with hurt but you couldn't care. Lately, you hadn't felt very positive and it had only gotten worse. You were just so numb and you tried everything to feel just something again. "I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did! I'm trying to look out for you-"

"By shouting at me for being a teenager?!"

"I wouldn't have to shout at you if you weren't doing stupid shit! How could you think that's ok?"

"I'm allowed to make mistakes Demi, lord knows you've made enough."

"And stop turning this round on me. I was ill Y/N and I was-"

"And depressed and sad and blah blah. I've heard it all before Demetria. Maybe I had reasons too."

"Yeah, like what?!"

"Like the fact that all my sisters are talented and thriving and have real friends that want to be friends with them because of who they are, not what they are. Because I'm so fucking tired of being watched under a magnifying glass because I'm meant to be the perfect Lovato because of all the mistakes you guys made. But I feel the exact opposite. Actually, I don't feel anything but exhaustion. I don't feel happy or sad or hurt. I just feel so empty. And I needed anything to just make me feel something again, even if it was pain or darkness. So yes, I drank. And I had sex. And I got high. But it fucking worked because for once, I felt free and wanted. So I'm sorry if I failed you but I'm not sorry for wanting to feel like a normal fucking human being."

-

"There's no one."

"You sure?"

"I'm pretty sure, Demi." Ok, maybe you weren't sure. Actually, you were 100% sure there was someone on the 'scene' but you didn't know how to tell your sister about it. You weren't even sure of the situation yourself.

"Well, Maddie tells me that you've had your head buried in your phone for the past few weeks. Giggling away at the screen."

"Ever heard of memes? I actually found the funniest edit of Poot-"

"Stop changing the subject! Who's the lucky guy, huh?"

"It's not- Nobody Demi."

"There is obviously someone. Come on baby girl, you have to tell someone. You're my best friend, you know? We should talk about this stuff."

"I know but-"

"And I could even wing woman you!" She jokes. "You have to show me him. Does he have brown hair? I always imagine you with a brunette. He's not someone I know, is he? I don't think you speak to anyone from school, do you? Does he live here in LA? Have you been on a date yet-"

"Demi-"

"I hope he takes you out somewhere nice! Oh my god, he's totally gonna shit himself when I have to have the talk with him! It's gonna be hilarious! Eddie is going to be so sad, his last little girl! Did you say he was located in LA?"

"Um... yeah. She is." Her mouth moved to form words but no sound came out. Shock was written all over her face but there was no judgement, no disappointment.

"I shouldn't have assumed." She broke the silence but you could barely hear her, the light buzz in your stomach of finally admitting your true self out loud to someone felt so liberating. "She lives in LA?"

"Yeah. Near Calabasas."

"Really? Fancy!" She grins, resting her chin in her tan, tattooed hand on the table. "Where did you meet?"

"Just online. But don't worry, it's not like she's a sixty year old man. We FaceTime, we actually did last night."

"Do you have any pictures?" Nodding, you quickly unlocked your phone and slid the apple product over to your eager sister. "Wow, she's so beautiful."

"Yeah, she is." Demi couldn't seem to keep the megawatt smile off her face, scrolling through a few of her pictures before sliding it back over.

"You'd make a stunning couple."

"Thanks Dem."

"Are you gonna ask her out?"

"I don't know." Suddenly, all the insecurities you felt spilled out. "We've spoke about our feelings and how we both feel a little more than friends but it's kinda hard to accept this when we've never felt this way before. I just- I really like her. I don't wanna take it further and mess this up. I'd rather have her a friend than nothing at all."

"Baby girl, you won't mess this up. If she cares about you, she wouldn't let it get in the way of a friendship. And anyway, she feels the same, right? She's probably as terrified as you."

"You think?"

"I know. Take the chance Y/N. You deserve to be happy and if she makes your happy, then go for it."

"Thank you Demi. I-"

"Don't thank me. Thank you for trusting me. You should never be ashamed of who you are, you're pretty great and this doesn't change anything. Whenever you're ready to shout it from the rooftops, I'll be right behind you, ok? I love you baby girl."

"I love you too. Always and forever." Hooking your slender pinky finger around her own, you both shook your hands lightly and smiled. A mini handshake the two of you did when you got a chance growing up.

"Now, where's my damn food?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.3K 22
I will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love and I'm saying goodbye.
39.6K 1.5K 12
can we feel that love again?
37.5K 1.2K 16
Based off my imagine 'What Mothers Do' from my Demi Lovato/You Imagines. Sleepless nights, consuming depression, empty threats and frightening revela...
151K 2.8K 35
Imagines of the queen, Demi freaking Lovato !WARNING! Mention of sensitive topics and triggering chapters with inappropriate language and everything...