text you later ᴺᶜᵀ ✔

By eternallyria

the never-ending chaos in a form of group chat that even hell fears. | ⌨︎ ɴᴄᴛ₂₀₁₈ → tysm for 300k+ reads... More

☁︎intro ☁︎
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
✎42.
✎43.
✎44.
✎45.
✎46.
✎47.
✎48.
✎49.
50.
☕︎︎ note
BONUS CHAPTER

✎41.

4.7K 191 228
By eternallyria

markhyuck

⟶back story

✧✦✧

a/n> parts marked as (❑) are happening before or during the main story OR it's the continuing (after 41. 😌) and the numbers signify the chapters where the scenes were mentioned / happened 💕

✧✦✧

Mark & Donghyck's meeting

It was a sunny morning, the birds singing while accompanying one black haired boy making his way to his class. It wasn't just any normal morning, it was the day when he officially started studying at Korean school. His skills in the language weren't the best but he was sure he will manage it. On the other hand, it was also his first day of high school and any school in the city generally, making him horrified.

See, he had no friends in total but he kept his feelings in, a smile on and stepped on the ground of his new school with confidence.

He was shitting his pants.

However, he soon felt his phone buzzing. Mark don't worry, you'll make it. I believe in you, fighting!!, his mom sent him. He chuckled at the message which gave him a little bit of confidence but hid his phone in the pocket right after, just in case they were forbidden there.

Classes were kind of different there, like length and style of studying but his teachers were at least a bit tolerant- it was his first day in Korean school after all and they luckily let him be. Yet, after boring lessons of him doodling random stuff in his notebooks the feared lunchtime has come, faster than he expected and he found himself walking towards the cafeteria all alone.

It looked like this dramatic scene from American teenage movie and he just waited for these bad guys to come, make fun of him in front of the whole school and maybe even take his money.

He closed his eyes and opened the big doors of the cafeteria. Nothing. Only some kid shouting at him something like "Dummkopf!"(idiot!)- as if he had any idea what it meant in Korean.

None of what he feared about happened as he observed the room, finding out that every student was minding their own business and didn't pay attention to the new boy at all. Maybe only a few of them turned in his way because after all, he was a new face. Even some girls giggled when he passed by them but in the end, no one approached him as he sat down to eat his lunch. For the first few minutes.

"Hey, you look alone."

Mark shot his head up at smiling boy in front of him. There stood boy with brown locks falling into his eyes and the prettiest eye smile ever. He looked like he did sports, strong figure and small muscles forming under his shirt. Newbie nodded at him and motioned he can sit down.

"Thanks. Also, would you mind if my friend joined us? He's kind of late and I usually sit with him."

Oh so he has already friends, Mark's heart fell. He hoped that maybe the boy was lonely and they would become these two friends saving the world, like partners in crime or something as if they were from some Marvel movie.

He should stop dreaming.

At the other side of the school, a boy ran for his life, trying not to hit students around. He didn't have any classes, yes, but what was more important than food? Sure thing, he himself, but he slightly felt bad for leaving his friend Jeno alone. Perhaps he sat with someone. I hope not with that new cute boy.

And boy was he wrong.

As soon as he stepped into the canteen and sought for his friend, he froze on his place. No way this was not happening. It wasn't like he was panicking, he was more than confident, he was the famous Fullsun Haechan who fears no one. Maybe only new cute boys, or this one in particular, Mark Lee.

No, he definitely did not make his friend Chenle find and steal the information about the newbie from the secretary office. Maybe the Chinese wanted that poor Jisung's phone number as exchange and maybe Haechan somehow had it in his contact list.

The boy was pulled out of his thoughts by someone accidentally hitting him and apologizing afterwards before he finally decided to go after his friend.

"Haechan!" Jeno was the first to notice him.

"Jeno."

He stood next to the table awkwardly and tried not to look into the newbie's eyes so he wouldn't blush. That didn't help because as soon as his friend told him to sit down, he was met with beautiful dark eyes of no one else than Mark Lee. He knows him only for a day for God's sake!

"So you're from Canada?" Jeno asked while eating.

"Oh yes. That's why I'm sorry if I mess up words." He chuckled and Haechan internally screamed. Maybe I can help him with his Korean!, the boy thought while playing with his food and secretly listening to their conversation. Jeno has basketball practice almost every day so he won't have time, leaving Haechan to be the second option.

"Do you have any friends here?" Haechan decided to finally speak up and smiled softly at the bot sitting in front of him. Mark shook his head.

"Oh then hang out with us!" Jeno proposed and Haechan nodded in excitement. Yes, he was slightly crushing on the boy, but with the zero chance he had with him, he wanted to become friends at least.

"I'll help you with the language if you want." Haechan smiled friendly.

When Mark nodded and smiled back then, he wasn't even thinking about them becoming best friends.

✧✦✧

Confession // 7. ; 8.

Best friends, freaking best friends, Mark was furious. Maybe not furious but hurt definitely. It's been two years already and he started realizing stuff just now, just as his friend Johnny started asking him questions about Haechan.

He's my best friend, he said to him. Are you sure?, Johhny asked back. Was he? He was, like an hour ago, until Haechan texted that one innocent looking thing which made him sad, really really sad and hurt.

'how many times do I have to tell you I don't feel anything towards Mark?!!', the text said. The older didn't expect the sentence to do something to him, yet he felt a slight pang in his chest as he travelled with his eyes, reading all the messages.

Johnny was fast to reply, he knew it wasn't a good idea but Mark didn't know more about what he wrote as he really locked himself up in the bathroom after leaving the group chat.

Devastated boy didn't even know for how long has he been there as the time played no role in his life at that moment. Mark didn't care. The quietness was calming, the lightning just perfect as he laid in a bathtub and thought about his pathetic life.

Has that spider on the ceiling been there since always?-

His thoughts, however, got cut off by sudden banging on the door and he was about to shout at Johhny to leave him alone for the fifth time already before another soft voice could be heard.

"Mark. It's Haechan. Open the door please."

He cried internally but stood up and walked towards the doors. Hesitating, he was hesitating whether he should open them or not. Maybe he will get a chance, maybe he will have his heart broken for the first time in his life. Screw this.

He swiftly opened the doors and found himself face to face with his best friend. Haechan had worried look going on as he observed the boy, but let out a relieved sigh when he found out Mark didn't do anything stupid. He embraced- literally jumped on his best friend and hugged him tightly.

"You stupid piece of fish I thought you did something to yourself, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!" Haechan cried in his shoulder and Mark chuckled at the younger boy's actions.

They stayed like that for a few moments before the older mentally prepared himself for what was about to happen next.

"Um so you know I like you," Mark whispered into the hug, not sure what to do after he said the words he has had on his mind for too long. He heard the boy laugh, but not mockingly, rather in a cute way.

"I didn't but now I know. And I'm relieved because I like you too."

Mark pulled away and stared into those dark beautiful eyes of Haechan. They didn't say anything after that, enjoying every second passing, with their hands holding and cheeks getting redder and redder. It was a beautiful moment of their life, as if from some romantic kdrama and nothing could ruin that moment for them-

"Hey, I just made pancakes-"

Johhny suddenly appeared in the door, scaring the shit out of Mark who jumped away and received death glare from both of the boys.

Johnny nervously laughed. Although the younger was like his son, he knew what Haechan could do in this state and honestly he was scared.

Luckily, Mark was there to save him from the devil himself as he was the only one who could make the boy go soft. "Okay I'm actually hungry, let's go." Mark took Haechan's hand into his again, making the younger squeal internally and went down to eat Johhny's delicious pancakes.

Although Johnny was annoying, Haechan wondered how the boy is still single. But he couldn't care less as he ate the pancakes in peace with Mark next to him, meeting his eyes from time to time and then blushing heavily.

✧✦✧

Awkward date // 9.

"So."

"So?"

The two were currently sitting in leather chairs of local coffee, waiting for the orders to arrive. Ordering wasn't too bad, they decided quickly what they longed for but the silence which arisen after the waiter left was too long and too silent.

It was three days after the confession and it was their first official date.

Mark was shitting his pants again while Haechan stayed calm but panicking somewhere deep inside. He would never admit that though.

Even people sitting near them could feel the awkward air so the older decided to man up and finally say something.

"What you would like talk to about?"

The second that sentence left Mark's mouth he blushed heavily and almost cried from embarrassment. Couldn't he just become that one plant in the corner living peaceful life full of sun energy and photosynthesis?

But for his surprise the younger boy started laughing hard, his melodic voice which was like music to Mark's ears echoing the room.

"Oh-my-God, so cute!" He was trying to catch his breath and Mark almost worried it hurt him.

After a few seconds, both of them calmed down before the waiter finally came with the food and drinks their ordered, wishing them bon appétit!

Haechan was first to say something and pulled Mark out of his thoughts.
"Just for your information, us being more than friends doesn't have to change the way we act, or the topics we usually talk about."

That made Mark look up and he smiled. Haechan was right.

The younger sipped his cocoa and glanced at the other, lifting his brows in a mischievous way. "So any new gossips of Jeno doing the weirdest shit ever?"

Mark pulled out his phone.
"Yes, of course, there are some." He smirked, getting the same look from the boy he loved back.

Oh, how they were made for each other.

✧✦✧

The 'shush' kiss // 14.

Haechan scoffed as he sat down next to Mark. The hall they were waiting for their other two friends for was too crowded for his liking and sitting under the plastic tree which somehow still dropped other plastic leaves at him wasn't comfortable either.

Just as he was about to call them and shout at them, the familiar two concave heads came into his sight, having those stupid smiles plastered on their faces.

"Hey." Taeyong was first to greet them, followed by Doyoung, getting nods from them back.

They didn't do much the first hour, only a little bit of shopping and eating food as the boys they were and of course being on their phones. Wifi was everywhere and gave them the chance to communicate with people who weren't currently with them.

The topic of all of their friends hanging out because of having inner problems came up and they texted in silence.

BUNCHofGAYS

sichengg
This leads me to

@chinesebieber how did the things went? With the drama two days ago

chinesebieber
Oh well

Johnny and Taeyong had their talk and luckily everyone listened

Haechan started crying

At that, all of them except Haechan laughed. However, Mark hugged him while pouting, making the boy smile.

sassass
You bitch

nofunjeno
We then watched some movie, but talked most of the time

About us, school and boys ya know

annoyingrabbit
Yeah it was nice

singsangsung
I ate too many chips with cola, I almost threw up

Mark smiled at the memory.

annoyingrabbit
Well when you are too stupid..

Just as their friend wrote that, both Mark and Haechan looked up. Mark scared and Haechan with a death glare. Doyoung looked up too, knowing he just screwed up big time and immediately put his phone into the pocket before running away. It happened in second, like snapping of fingers and Doyoung disappeared from their view like smoke. As if some kind of magic.

Or Thanos, Mark tried not to burst his lungs out because of laughing.

All of it was hilarious to Taeyong as well, how everyone was scared of Haechan but once he saw his face too he stopped laughing. Only Mark tried to hold the boy before murdering Doyoung in the middle of the shopping mall. He also tried to hold his smile forming on his face- the younger was too cute while being so overprotective.

Nevertheless, after few minutes they ended up laughing at the poor boy who somehow met the boys from the groups of friends they were texting, getting into awkward situation and Haechan jokingly acted like he was going to find him and murder him finally for once.

He didn't expect Mark to get so close, whispering 'calm down hyuckie' in a sweet voice and then surprising the younger by kissing him so softly that he almost melted. For real, his knees almost gave in and he was grateful for the older's hands that were holding him.

While the two of them were not too far away from making out, Taeyong was screaming internally, snapping at least thousands of pictures and sending them to Johnny who fangirled with him.

Mark and Haechan didn't care anyway as they were in their own world.

~~~
As for the main meal today, it is cheese in cheese sauce with even more cheese and cheese as desert- I'm not joking this was the cheesiest thing I've ever wrote

I hope you enjoyed this 'funny story' type of style although I'm not sure if I'm that good at it  ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 13.2K 70
In which, Doyoung is a sender and Jaehyun is one of the admins. [for twitter users, use #dojaenctconfessions for feedbacks! ill retweet it]
351K 25.4K 51
❝what's the point jaehyun? you're rich. you can always buy more time.❞ ⸰COMPLETED ⸰12/23/16 - 04/07/18 © DONGYEOLS
11K 508 16
My life is boring you know. Dull job. Dull house. Dull social life. Some change will be nice. Some change like a new person... or just something magi...
263K 13.4K 115
⭒ nct dream ↳ when you bring a bunch of chaotic people together in an app. ROYALJAEM。2020 ❜ !! chapter count may be high but most of them are extr...