Daft || Malum

By GiraffeLegsLuke

"Don't be daft, Michael," Ashton laughs. "Calum's straight." ⓒ Cover by quantum-fags More

Hair Dye
Cold Feet
Strawberry
"Gel"
Kiss Me
Hot Murderer
Screen Play
Hemms Lukeing
Pizza Spaceships.
Water Works
Still No Date For The Prom?
References
Cuddle Me Clifford
Poisoned Youth
Drum Sticks
Hair Dye Again
Pierce The Brow
Movies
Character Ask
Jane The Ripper
Character Answers
No Shirt Party
Tacos and Blackmail
Bedtime Comedy
Bath Time with 5SOS
Snapbacks and Song Lyrics
Counting Snow
Milkshakes With Darwin
Luke Smash
Chaotic Symphony
I'm Michael
Frick More Biotches, Get Even More Money
Cold Shoulders
Showering with 5SOS
Lashtonless
Adventure Time
Marriage Counselling
ℰND
Fun Facts (skit)
Alternate Ending

Calyum

9.6K 428 341
By GiraffeLegsLuke

"I've heard some rumours going around about you and Michael." The interviewer started talking directly to Calum, despite being told directly not to bring the topic up. Although there's no way to stop him, the interview had an audience of about two hundred people.

"Are they true?" The interview pressed, no noticing the glares from our supervisors and the way he visibly tensed at the question.

"It is true, Michael did spend an hour bitching after I accidentally pulled the corner of the sheet off the mattress." Calum chuckled, referring to a tweet he sent out the previous night. He not lying either, it happened to be storming terribly last night and it knocked out the hotels power. He spooned me but I ended up scowling at him for an hour straight after he accidentally pulled the corner of the bed sheet off.

Calum was good at finding loop holes.

"Now Michael," the interviewer turns to me with a wild grin. Unfortunately, I'm shit at finding loop holes. "What exactly happened at your last concert?" he inquired, nearly hitting me in the face with his microphone in anticipation.

 "Well. It rained." I answer vaguely, hoping its enough for the blood thirsty jerk to back off.

"I heard there was something interesting." He pushed, hitting me in the nose with the mic.

"Calum gaped out during Amnesia." I announce like its something everyone didn't already know.

"Why was that?" The guy asked, directing his microphone towards Calum. He also leaned in brushing his arm against me and looked at the brunette expectantly.

"I was quite distracted at the time." Calum replied, chuckling a little and glancing at me quickly.

It didn't go unnoticed by the crowd who'd been extremely quiet until now. They were quick to shout their opinions with him, yelling about his bad choices and how I'm a bad person.

"I'm just going to come out with it." The interviewer said quickly, shushing the crowd of mostly angry teenage girls. "Michael, you kissed Calum correct?"

"Uh yeah?" I answer, not too sure how to respond.

"Why?" He continued, causing even Luke and Ashton to halt their whispered conversation and focus.

I quickly look over at Calum, assessing whether or not to tell the truth.

I can take the blame, I'm the one who followed his request.

"To tell you the truth, I-" I was lying crookedly through my teeth--Get it? Crookedly because there's no way I can be straight for a second--when Calum cut me short.

"I told him to." He stated loudly enough for the microphone to pick it up. "And get away from him." He adds quickly, tugging me to the other side of him and away from the interviewer who doesn't know what personal space is.

A collective gasp sounded from the audience.

Its like a bad TV drama.

 "Is that true?" He inquires, dragging his microphone cord after him as he headed toward me.

Calum was quick to take a step into his path and just take mic out of the interviewer's hand. He also carefully placed a hand against the interveiwer's chest and push him back lightly into his previous spot.

"Yes its true. We had a bet and the loser had to do whatever the winner said, I walked over to him during the concert and told him to kiss me and he had no choice. Can you stop sending Mikey hate now?" He said slowly into the mic, shifting his glance calculatingly across the small crowd present. A few flashed guilty looks at one another.

 "I'm done with this interview." He snapped, storming off with my hand latched securely in his grip.

Not that I was complaining.

He quickly drops my hand once we're out of sight.

"I suggest you find something else to do." He snaps, walking out the back door before I managed to form words.

>< >< >< ><

You know what's a great stress reliever? Alcohol.

One time Calum and I nearly told our parents we were getting married when we came home drunk. Ashton was quick to redirect us up the stairs. Luke hadn't gone to the party because he wanted to complete a math test at school the next day. Ashton didn't seem to care that we slept on the floor in a ball together though. When Calum found out the next day he didn't talk to me for three days.

"What's a colourful guy like you doing alone in a place like this?" A girl asks, sitting in the spot next to me. Her black hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail, contrasting her pale complex and red lipstick. Her sparkly silver dress rode up a bit when she crossed her short legs, nearly smashing her high heel into the bar's counter in the process.

"Michael." I reply, gulping down the rest of the beer in my glass.

She laughed, extending her hand to me. "Ashley." 

"My friend Calyum dated an Ashley once." I compliment with a not-so-sober smile. Her smile is replaced by confusion for a second. 

"He's really great, Calyum I mean, he saved my life once or twice and he doesn't even know it." I ramble, requesting another beer ony to be cut off by the bartender.

I almost fell over when I got up, Ashley quickly caught me before I did even though she's kind of short. "Thanks Squirt!" I cheer enthusiastically, patting her head like one would to a loyal dog.

"Let me drive you home." She stated, pulling me away as I waved spastically at the bartender.

She strapped me into her super girly magenta coloured jeep. "This is what you pick up guys with?" I choke out between laughs, making her cheeks almost the same shade as her lipstick.

"Usually they have a ride." She spat out quickly, starting her car up which automatically turned on her radio. Some foreign band that could only be described as K-Pop blared loudly.

"Way to cruise." I slur, head banging to the upbeat band.

I tell her where I'm staying after a long sentimental conversation about equal rights for Llamas. She had to pull over five minutes later.

"What the fuck?" She mumbles, sitting back in her seat with a huff and staring at me.

"He hates me!" I blubber loudly, tears streaming freely down my face.

"What are you even talking about?" She asked.

"Shhhh, its a secret." I giggled, putting a finger against her firetruck red lips.

"Its a secret that he hates you?" She asked still confused.

"Nooooo, ya silly. Its a secret that I lo--I was about to say the 'L' word oh my god! Its a secret that I like like him." I reply' completely astounded that I was about to say love so casually.

"Of course I try to pick up a gay guy!" She shouts, throwing her arms in the air.

Like she just don't care.

"My friend Calyum has a friend named Huke Lemmings--I guess he'd be my friend too--He's pretty hot." I nod as a confirmation to my sentence.

"Maybe you could hook up with the Sun God!" I shout excitedly, smacking her arm to show my excitement.

"Calyum doesn't like me though." I whisper, fresh tears beginning to sting my eyes. I quickly wiped them away.

Because I'm punk rock.

You're also gay Michael.

Shut up, we've had enough of your input. Everyone already knows I'm gay.

"Awe, I'm sure he does." She soothes, peeling back onto the road.

"No, he snapped at me today. He hasn't done that since..." I trail off proccupied by my thoughts.

"You're so fucking stupid!" He snapped, glaring at me. I stuttered out a choppy apology but he cut me off half quickly, "Why the fuck would you even do that?" He shouts, throwing his arms up in the air for emphasis. 

"I-I-I d-didn't mean t-to!" I stutter out, hanging my head. 

"How in the hell can you not mean to do that?" He yelled, he wasn't supposed to be here right now. He was planning on coming over to play the new Call of Duty game later.

"I'm s-so sor-ry C-Cal." I mumble, trying to hold the tears in.

"Lets just get you cleaned up." He said quickly, Taking my arm carefully and bringing it over to the sink...

"Number twelve. I dunno where my keys are." I mumble quietly, avoiding her deep brown eyes on the way.

She leans me against the wall next the door to number twelve before knocking on the door.

I close my eyes quickly, enjoying the fresh air flowing through the air.

"Can I help you?" A higher voice asks when the door squeaks open.

"Um, I don't really know if this is the right one but are the Sun God, Huke or Calyum here?" Ashley asked awkwardly, looking at me every once and a while.

"Uh?" Ashton responds puzzled.

"She wants Calyum?" Luke asks from somewhere further into the hotel room.

Ashley nods quickly, looking at me again.

"Yo, Calum! There's a girl here for you, she's calling you Calyum though." Luke yells, which gets the sound of a door opening loudly in response.

"Where is he?" Calum blurts out, looking at the small raven haired girl expectantly.

She gapes at him.

I know how she feels, taken aback by his beauty.

"Don't worry Cal-yummy! I'm here!" I shout, running into his arms like a little boy seeing his mother when she gets home from work.

It was an awkward hug, mostly consisting of me holding myself up by wrapping my hands around his hips which also kept my feet from sliding further apart.

"Are you drunk Mikey?" He asks in disbelief.

"Noooooo." I bellowed into his shirt.

"Uh, thanks for bringing him back I guess. I can take it from here." Calum grumbled, being to carefully pull me into the hotel room we were staying at.

"Ashley can stay. Come in!" I cheer, trying to pul back from him and ending up hugging on of hid legs instead.

"Sleepover!" I continue to cheer, getting up to run to the kitchen.

"Food." I groan, looking through the cupboards for something that would satisfy my drunk self.

Calum walks into the mini kitchenette to see me with a large jar of candy over my head.

"I can't open it." I whine childishly, smashing it on the ground.

"Mikey!" He says surprised.

"I want the lellow ones!" I shout, diving onto the ground in search of the lemon flavoured starbursts.

"Mikey, no!" Calum shouts, running over and trying to pull me out of the kitchen.

"Why are there so many reds?" I cry, trying desperately to push them out of the way. There are so many red ones.

"Its because your bleeding Mikey!" Calum shouts when I realize my hands have become slick. 

"Cal, I'm so sorry." I cry, allowing him to escort me to the bathroom down the hall.

"Yeah, I know." He mumbles, breaking out the first aid kit from under the sink.

"No you don't, you have to save my life all the time. And I'm sorry I'm so fucking stupid." I whine, cheeks as slick as my hands.

"Forget what you thought, you're not stupid at all." He whispers, wiping away the tears because I can't.

"This is going to sting." He explains, pouring a little bit of the ouch liquid on a couple paper towels.

"Take a deep breath." He orders softly, holding up on of the wet paper towels.

I suck in a breath, nodding for Calum to continue. The air remaining in my stomach quickly disappears along with a few words that might have been about as colourful as my hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.4K 22
.
114 2 20
Let's seize the day, let's run away, don't let the colours fade to grey.
8.1K 792 101
not intended for the eyes of those under 20!
17.7K 1.4K 102
⤷ you're the only thing that's going on in my mind. [completed] → content warning: homophobia depression