The Trials and Tribulations o...

By babyblu96

Now that her and Lucas are together, the real struggle begins. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thiry-Six

Chapter Thirty

449 34 2
By babyblu96

Today was my day off and I was so happy. I even got up early and made Lucas and I a big breakfast. I was feeling generous so I made bacon, sausage, grits, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and potato hash. He was surprised at what I did, but he was more than happy to eat as much as he could before he had to go to work.

Honestly I was happy to do anything but work. Even though, it was just Wednesday I had been working nonstop since Monday and had tired myself out. I needed a break so that I could put myself back together.

So now I was in the kitchen cleaning up all of the dishes I messed up so I could go sit down and catch up on some of my shows.

"Aren't you supposed to be working," I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and saw Raquel standing there smiling at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be playing nurse to my brother?"

"Lets just say this is my day off," she said hopping on my kitchen counter.

"Mine too. Now how the hell you get into my house?"

She laughed. "I took Jordan's key."

"Well damn just pass my key around. Why you here anyway," I asked jumping on the counter opposite of her.

She looked down like she was in thought then back up narrowing her eyes at me. "I came to talk about Jordan's birthday. I was thinking about throwing him a surprise party."

I immediately laughed at this idea. Jordan was not a fan of surprises at all. I shook my head, "That's a bad idea."

"Why?"

"Because Jordan hates surprise parties, he has ever since he was eight and my mom threw him one. He stood there frozen for five minutes then ran out the room and never came out again that night."

Raquel sighed. "Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Well family is everything to him so just do something with the family. It's been a while since we have all been together as a family, that's all he needs right now."

"So what will the theme be and can we have it here, our place isn't big enough."

"Yes, you can have it here, but the rest is up to you."

"Fine I will think of something but you have to bake the cake."

"Deal." We both jumped down from the counter tops. We went over a few other things like what date we would have it and what kind of cake I should bake for Jordan.

Once I was done cleaning up the kitchen I got dressed and went to my parent's house. I was supposed to be meeting my mom for something, I just didn't know what.

"Mom!" I called out throughout the house.

"Up here!" I followed her voice to my old room where she was surrounded by magazines. She was buried in stuff.

"What's all of this?"

"Everything you will need for your wedding."

"You called me over here for this?"

"You gotta start on this now or you won't be having a wedding."

I really hadn't been focusing on the wedding very much. The only reason I gave my mom the job was so that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing. I just wanted my wedding to happen already.

"The wedding is in March, we just have plenty of time."

"And if you don't start making some decisions now then we won't be able to have the wedding you want because everything will be booked."

I sighed. "Fine what decisions d I need to make?"

"For one a date in March you want the wedding, the venue type, and who you want to come."

"I will have to ask Lucas about the date and as for the venue I would probably want something outside."

"So now you need to come up with a guest list." I sighed again. This was all to much.

"Mom I don't want anything fancy, I just want everyone I love there."

"I know baby and I'm going to do everything I can to make this perfect." I nodded sitting down in a chair. "You look happier then you have been in a long time."

"I am happier, way happier," I said smiling thinking about the good place I am in right now in my life. Everything was just working out for me.

"I guess credit goes to that husband of yours?"

I smiled. "Yes, he's been great but it has also been just being able to live my life. For the first time in a long time I feel completely at ease."

"You know when you first told me you were married my first thought was he wasn't good enough, that you were rushing things. Then when you lost your baby and you two started separating and I knew I was right, you two weren't meant to be together."

"Yea, I think we would make it either." I thought back on what we went through and how close I came to just throwing in the towel. It was like I was pretending that things could go back to normal after everything but I knew it couldn't.

My mom pulled up a chair to me pulling me out of my thoughts. "But you did. The two of you proved you were meant to be together and honestly Samaria I'm proud of you."

"Really?"

"I was never worried that you would succeed in life but I was worried you would lose yourself in whatever success you found, leaving no room for a personal life. But you did and I couldn't be happier for you." Next thing I know a tear rolls down my mother's face. She didn't really cry but when she did it meant it was something special. My mom pulled into a tight hug squeezing me to death. All of this made me think back to a time when me and my mom weren't really on talking terms. We had really came a long way. I was really happy that we had been able to come to this point in our relationship. At this point having a mom in my corner was a big help that helped me make it through everything.

When I finally got back home from my parents' home I just wanted to curl up on the couch. I knew Lucas should be home by now so I was looking forward to seeing him. However, when I got to the house it was empty and quiet. I went into the bedroom to find a box with a note saying put me on.

I opened the box to see a plain red sweetheart asymmetrical-length dress. I smiled and pulled the dress out of the box. I held it against my body in the mirror to see how it looked. I twirled around like a little kid enjoying the exactment of a new dress. It wasn't until I stopped spinning that I saw a note on the mirror. The note said be ready by seven and a car will be waiting. I smiled again loving the feeling I was getting.

I went to the bathroom to go get ready before seven. I wanted to look the best I could for whatever surprise Lucas had in store. It had been a while since we had done something like this so I wanted to be ready.

Once I was done I took a look at myself and I thought I cleaned up pretty nicely. The dress fit like a glove. Once Lucas saw me in this he would die. I still, however, still felt like I could lose a few pounds. My body wasn't what I wanted but I was trying to be happy with what I had. I didn't want to go around feeling bad for myself.

Before I could look at myself any further at myself the doorbell ringed. I looked at my phone and sure enough it was seven. I checked myself one last time and then ran to see who was at the door.

When I opened the door I found a tall black man in an all-black suit. "Are you Mrs. Steele?"

"Yes."

"The car is waiting for you ma'am." He motioned behind him revealing a black Cadillac Escalade. I locked up and followed the man to the car and got in anxious as to what Lucas had in store.

I watched as everything went by trying not to let my mind wonder. After twenty minutes we arrived at a restaurant called Planet Red. I thanked the driver and got out going into the restaurant. As soon as I told them my name they escorted me to a table where Lucas is waiting. When he sees me he immediately stands up smiling. "You look amazing baby."

"Well you bought the dress. What is this all about anyway?"

"I just thought we needed a date night," he said bringing me close and kissing me on the lips.

"I love you so much."

"I'm the luckiest man in the world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.6K 40
"it's been a long day and i'm trying to figure it out the way those words left your mouth i feel broken, shattered, and blue and it's all because of...
306 78 110
It's the continuation of life is a hard journey.
1.6K 95 41
Love is hard. It's unfair, difficult and confusing. That's what Y/n realized too. New school year, new guys in class, new friends and new enemies. A...
195K 2.7K 76
the developing love of Jake and Erika, two people who will stay together through thick and thin.