Where It Went Wrong » Larry

Par jasminesx

Louis Tomlinson has everything he could want: a loving family, a good group of friends and he just released h... Plus

Where It Went Wrong » Larry
Prologue
1 - The Fame Life
2 - Reunion and Declarations
3 - Welcome To My New Life
4 - It's Different Now
5 - Let's Forget Everything
6 - All The Support
7 - It's A Party
8 - Downfall
9 - Maybe I'm Not Enough
11 - Loved You First
12 - In The Moment
13 - Tell Me A Story
14 - Maybe A Way Forward
15 - Kiss Me Like You Mean It
16 - It's Like Magic
17 - Baby We Were Fireproof
18 - It's Been So Long
19 - Can You Take Me Faraway?
20 - Attempts
21 - Explain It All
22 - Push Me To The Limits
23 - Too Damn Sober
24 - Come Back Home
25 - Get Up Now
26 - So Happily
27 - Say Hello To A New Beginning
28 - I Wanna Grow Old With You / Epilogue

10 - Play The Game

1.4K 45 1
Par jasminesx

 PLAY THE GAME

"I hate my life," Louis announced dramatically to himself, looking in the mirror and fixing his shirt around his neck so it looked perfectly. The dress code for today wasn't too formal but not too casual either. Louis had to be taking Eleanor to a perfect little restaurant up London, really glamorous and flashy, all up in other peoples face and the whole idea of tonight was beginning to give him a headache. He just wasn't prepared for this side of the fame, going out on dates with people he could never like even if he tried. What a bloody waste of his time? Damn management and Jacob.

He hadn't talked to Harry since the day he rushed out, not knowing what words to say anymore because it was the truth. Louis was still in love with him and no matter how much he tried to deny it, the feelings wouldn't go. He knew it was probably wrong trying to kiss him, or even coming close to it, but it was like a reflex - he couldn't help it. He wanted to taste Harry again, he wanted to feel Harry's soft, luscious lips on his and he wanted to experience what it's like to feel whole again because so far, Louis hasn't been feeling okay.

Louis didn't even bother informing any of his friends that he was going on a date today, feeling like it would blow up and spread around so no one knew effectively. Just him and his management team. He could just begin to imagine all the news, the tabloids, the articles about Eleanor and he wanted to be sick. Not only was that going to break his fans heart but his friends were going to lecture him once or twice - maybe more too.

Management honestly considered Louis as a joke, like his feelings didn't even matter and they didn't even give this bearding Eleanor situation a second glance at. As long as they are making their money, one way or another, it didn't even matter how Louis felt. He doubted that Eleanor was happy with this arrangement since she probably had her own love life.

He couldn't even begin to imagine how difficult she could be to deal with if Eleanor had her own boyfriend, how she would constantly push Louis around. 

Here comes on another headache.

Louis clutched his head, trying to make it die down quickly before he grabbed his phone and headed out of his door. Jacob had text him all the details in the morning, indicating exactly where Eleanor lived and where to take her. He wish he had his own freedom as to where he could take her, Louis would take Eleanor to a vintage little cafe out of everyone's way where they could calmly discuss her newly found fame life and how much Eleanor was going to dread it. The only reason they were informed about a place to go to was because paparazzi had been told and paid to go there as well.

Just thinking about the hundreds of flashes that were going to go off constantly was enough to make Louis want to turn back home, lock the doors and never see the world again. He hated paparazzi, he wasn't allowed to talk to them or let out any information therefore it became harder to remain calm around them. They were disgusting, nosy people who don't leave you alone or your sorry life.

Louis drove downtown, her house being quite faraway and still in quite a regular area since she's only beginning to start her fame and therefore isn't earning much money at all - if none. He felt terribly sorry, like he should be warning her to run a mile but all that's done is done now. She's signed the contract, she's in it for life.

Eleanor was standing outside her house and Louis thought she was wonderfully beautiful, at first glance. Although she was weirdly, maybe abormally, thin she was really pretty and Louis doesn't find many girls pretty, at all. She had long, wavy dark brown and she wore a bright smile on her face - wasn't going to last too long. This was going to make them both miserable, he could just imagine months down the line.

She approached the car, looking quite uncertain with herself as she stood awkwardly outside the car. Louis smiled at her, nodding and beckoning her in which she looked grateful for. Once she was settled in, her seatbelt on, she turned to Louis and smiled.

"Hey, I'm Eleanor." She introduced herself.

Louis grinned, starting up her car. He might as well learn to get along with her, it wasn't her fault that their management were really pathetic excuses of human beings. He couldn't take out his anger on this sweet, little girl who was going to spend her next three years of her life completely lost. "Hi, I'm Louis, love." he greeted her politely, backing out of her driveway.

"I'm a little lost, excuse me," she giggled a little, looking down and very uncomfortable.

"Don't be, it's going to work out," Louis lied as he started to follow the directions Jacob had given to him, taking a turn for straight out of town. This was going to be a long day and he could just feel the stress coming on. 

"I'm not sure, I thought this was going to be quite easy. It's the opposite, clearly," Eleanor sighed and the weary tone in her voice was highly noticeable. Louis felt his heart wrench for this young girl because she was so new, she had no idea what was in store for her and he didn't want her to be too surprised.

"It's going to get harder," he told her straight up, no point in hiding it all.

Eleanor looked quite afraid, her eyes widening. "What do you mean?"

"It's not easy, that's all I'm saying," Louis shrugged, holding one hand up in surrender and didn't take his eyes off the road. They should probably discuss this when Louis wasn't driving so he could explain calmly.

"I'm not catching on."

"I'll explain to you in the restaurant, don't worry."

"This is my dream, you know?"

Louis nodded. "It's everyone's dream."

"I was made for this, I love singing, always have."

"So have I."

"You don't understand-"

"Eleanor." Louis cut her off, sighing loudly. This wasn't going as planned, she was making it quite difficult when Louis was just trying to make her understand. Sure, maybe it wasn't wise to just drop it on her about how hard this life is, crush her dreams but he didn't mean any harm. He was doing it for her benefit. No one should have to go through the torture Louis has gone through, and still is apparently. It was just beginning for Eleanor, clearly. "We'll discuss this over our fake dinner date, okay?"

She grimaced but nodded anyway, looking out of the window. This wasn't going great so far and Louis wanted nothing more than to crawl back to the hole he had came out of from the first place, not wanting to talk to anyone. Why didn't he invite Zayn along to one of these dates? They didn't specify who Louis could bring or not.

When Louis finally parked up outside the restaurant, he could feel the flashes going off from the start and exhaled sharply. This was going to be start to a long day and he could feel the stress growing inside him from the start. He cut the engine, looking over to Eleanor who looked quite worried herself, not used to this environment clearly.

"They'll be around quite a long," he confirmed Eleanor's thoughts, knowing exactly what was going through her mind because this was him three odd years ago.

Eleanor sighed. "I don't like the flashes, their blinding me."

"Welcome to the life darling," Louis said sarcastically, smiling. "Wait, let me get you out of the car." It was one of the orders he was told to follow, to help Eleanor out of the car and lead her inside the restaurant - trying to act like he was concerned about the paparazzi and her privacy.

Louis rolled his eyes at the stupid steps he had to take, like he didn't even know how to be a gentlemen. He got out of the, trying to stop himself being swarmed by the cameras as he walked over to the other side and helped Eleanor out. Her face had signs of worry, intimidation written all over and Louis rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. Obviously, at this, the camera flashes went off even more and Louis tried to hide the disgust off his face.

"You'll be fine, it won't be bad once we're inside," he promised her, clutching her hand but hardly intertwining his fingers as he led the poor, scared girl inside. 

Once they were in the restaurant, it was like a breath of fresh air as Louis instantly relaxed and felt more comfortable here. No one was allowed to follow him in and he was allowed to just act like a normal being, at last. They got a nice booth, away from everyone else, and settled down whilst the menus were being handed out.

"Buy anything, my treat," Louis smiled warmly.

Eleanor sighed. "You don't need to."

"I want to." he insisted.

"So why is this date being set up?" Eleanor asked and Louis was a little shocked that she hadn't been informed but it would just be more interesting to see her reaction.

"Because I'm gay."

Eleanor's eyes widened, once again and she blushed a rosy pink as she blinked. "What? Then why..." 

"Because Modest don't want anyone to know, they want to keep me straight in the public's eye and I guess they got a little worried so they set me up on this date." He shrugged like it was no big deal. He should've seen this coming. By now, the pictures were probably starting creeping around the internet and he wondered how Niall was reacting to it, how Liam would be laughing and he couldn't even begin to imagine Zayn.

Eleanor didn't look impressed, frowning slightly. "That's not ideal, I don't get it. What's wrong with that?"

"Ruins their business plan. I mean, it's not a big deal because I can show you around and welcome you to the life of fame." Louis smiled.

Eleanor returned the smile. "I'm glad I have a friend, I guess to show me around I guess. I feel so lost!"

"It'll be like this for a while. Don't worry, you'll settle into it after a year."

"A year?" Eleanor spluttered out.

"It's not easy. It's like entering a whole new world where people will follow you, look up to you and you have no idea why because it's not like you're doing anything amazing, right?" Louis tried to connect with Eleanor on a level she can try to understand, try to picture with her own two eyes. No one else quite understood it as someone who is going to experience it considering how famous she'll get. Now that she was with Louis, she will definitely be known more worldwide. "You'll never get it, why people find you so awesome when you're just trying to do you."

Eleanor nodded. "I mean, singing is my own personal passion. To have people support you is just a bonus."

"True, but it keeps the passion and the dream going and therefore, you need more people to support you. As much as you can get. That's why Modest try and set up these dates, these publicized events to get people talking."

Eleanor seemd to be grasping on well now, nodding along to all the points Louis was making and trying to make an effort to understand. It wasn't easy, it was a little difficult to hear that your life was going to change and it was never going to be the same but Eleanor had Louis to fall back on, to complain and vent to. Louis didn't have that at the beginning, he struggled to do everything on his own and tried to make his own friends and work his way to the top. At least, he could provide the support he needed himself for someone that's new to the whole industry and doesn't have a clue.

"I'm a little terrified," Eleanor admitted after a few moments of silence, giggling as she sipped her lemonade water and looked over the menu to hide the fear that was shining through her brown eyes.

Louis just laughed. "It's okay to be scared, I know I was. It's a little daunting."

"Very!"

"But don't worry, it's going to be fine. I mean, how bad can this get?"

Eleanor just shook her head. "Oh shut up you, I don't mean this is scary. You're weirdly calming me down, I appreciate it."

They ordered their food: Louis got a burger and salad with chips since he was craving some junk food, he hadn't had it for a long time and Eleanor got a chicken wrap as they patiently waited for their food. Eleanor seemed to have a bubbly, attractive personality and never let there be a dull moment between them two. She was always smiling, always making effort to keep the conversation going and tried to see everything in a positive light. It was refreshing for Louis to see and feel, someone who was going to go through the same situation but having a completely different approach on it. When Louis was first starting out, fresh out of college, he was a wreck and he hated everything human. He was trying to heal from a broken heart and spent all his days and nights in the studio, recording and signing like no tomorrow - it was like his little safe haven.

"So, do you have a boyfriend of any sorts?" Eleanor asked.

Louis shrugged, trying to brush the subject off as soon as it was mentioned. He always felt a tingle whenever boyfriend was brought up, that's what he wanted Harry to be. "No, not really."

"But you like someone, right?"

"I mean, I guess..."

"You can't be single, you're gorgeous!" Eleanor gushed, frowning.

"Thank you," Louis blushed. He was used to compliments all the time, people dropping comments everywhere he went, all over twitter. People idolized his looks, found him beautiful, handsome or any other describing word there is. However, he wasn't used to sincere compliments that came from the bottom of the heart and these were the compliments he was most attracted to.

The rest of the dinner went on steadily. They received their food, acted like a loved up couple as they took a few silly pictures together with spaghetti hanging out of their mouths and Louis was actually having a good time. He was trying too hard to be happy, he wasn't upset either - it was just a normal day with a really good friend and it felt like Louis had known Eleanor all his life. A few fans came up to them, taking pictures with them and of them which was great for management because it meant more pictures could be surfaced over the internet. They talked a lot about fame, what life had to offer for them and the do's and do not's of being famous, in interviews, whilst touring and Louis loved how seriously Eleanor was taking him.

After a while, when they felt like their food had settled down and digested, they got up and left the restaurant. As usual, the paparazzi went mental as soon as they stepped out and flashes were going off from every direction so Louis turned to Eleanor, smiling and kissing her on the cheeks as was told in the instructions. Once they were back in the car, Louis turned to Eleanor and sighed in relief.

"That was... wow," she let out a low chuckle, looking quite out of place as she glanced around the place. The flashes were still going off as Louis started up the engine and started driving off, going down the same roads to drop Eleanor off.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." He promised her.

"I don't think I want to!"

"Sadly, you're going to have to," Louis sighed.

The rest of the drive was silent, they had no other words to say and the only thing that was on Louis's mind was about the candids of today going around the internet. Was he smiling enough? Did the smile reach to his eyes or did he look like mournful or like he was actually having fun? So many thoughts, so many worries spinning through his head as he dropped Eleanor off outside her house.

"Thank you for today," she smiled at Louis.

Louis just nodded. "It's fine love, I'll probably be seeing you around a lot now."

Eleanor just sighed, nodding too. "What a pain, right?"

"Hey!" Louis laughed, feeling warm inside. "You'll always have fun with me, I can guarantee you that."

"Okay loser, I'll text you the pictures from today. See you," Eleanor waved as she got out of the car and walked up the her house.

Louis sat in his car for a while, just thinking about how his life was moving and where he was going. At this rate, he was never going to be happy and he had no idea how to deal with it. He loved his job, he loved singing because it felt like it was the only time he could forget the world for real but at the same time: it brought him misery, he wasn't treated like a proper human being and he wanted and needed that respect.

Louis wished his life was just normal. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

6K 154 32
Louis Tomlinson. Hottest guy in my school. Two years older than me. Yeah, that Louis. Why was he talking to me? I could always tell there was somethi...
46.9K 3K 12
Louis hated Harry. He was walking around like he was superior, thinking he was so hot and sexy. Well, Louis could see right through it. They had been...
65.9K 2.3K 13
Lately Louis started to fantasize about spanking his best mate. What was wrong with him? He was actually fantasizing about doing all sorts of sexual...
13.3K 375 29
Harry and Louis have been best friends since the X-Factor. Ever since One Direction formed and became famous Harry has been struggling to find himsel...