Cursed|| Harry Potter [1]

By NutellaEmpress

Lyra Malfoy is Draco's Twin Sister. It tradition for The Malfoys to go in Slytherin. What will happen if she... More

Prologue
New Books and Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
New Book
Chapter 10
Title Change
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Cover
New Book
Chapter 14
New Username
New Book
New Book
New Book
New Book + Sequeal coming out soon
Sequel is out!
New Book
Cover Shop
Trailer Out!
New Book
Wattpad Instagram
Love Interest Second Poll

Chapter 13

2.7K 59 32
By NutellaEmpress

Exams were taking place and while Harry was worried about the Philosopher's stone Lyra was worried about the year ending and how Draco told her that their father was welcoming her back home. Lyra was 100% sure it was Narcissa who told her  husband to be forgiving of Lyra and welcome her back because if Lyra learned one thing about her father is that Lucius Malfoy is not a forgiving person.

Once you have made him angry there is no redeeming yourself. And this reason made Lyra very fearful of the summer that was approaching, what will take place at the Manor when Narcissa is out with the ladies of the social circle. Will Lucius be cruel or will he ignore Lyra? Lyra hoped it would be the latter.

Despite knowing the fact that she could never redeem herself in her father's eyes she still kept thinking of ways to make him less upset with her such as getting good grades on her exams.
______________________________________

It was sweltering hot, especially in the large hall where they did their written papers. They had been given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating Spell. They had practical exams as well.

Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk.

Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox. Points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was but taken away if it had whiskers.

Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion.

Their very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole wonderful week until their exam results came out.

Soon the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and roll up their parchment, everyone cheered but Lyra because the end of the years meant the dayof going back to the Manor, where she was not really welcomed was near.

______________________________________

"That was far easier than I thought it would be. I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager, " said Hermione as they joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds.

Hermione always liked to go through their exam papers afterwards, but Ron said this made him feel ill, so they wandered down to the lake and flopped under a tree. Even the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows didn't cheer Lyra up as all she could do was worry about the upcoming summer.

"No more studying," Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the grass.

"You could look more cheerful, Harry and Lyra we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet," Ron told them. 

"I'm not worried about my results I'm worried about the upcoming summer. Draco said I'm welcomed back but I know my father he has never been a forgiving man, especially to people who have gone against his beliefs."  Lyra told her friends.

"You know I told my mom about what happened to you. Something similar happened to my Grandmother Cedrella. My parents say the Barrow is always open for you." Ron told her.

Lyra knew about Cedrella Black and how she became a blood traitor by marrying a Weasley.

"That's sweet Ron but I don't want to be a burden on anyone," Lyra told him.

"You won't be a burden," Ron assured her.

"Do they know about what I am?" Lyra asked.

"No, I promised you, I wouldn't tell them," Ron told her.

"They are welcoming now. But as soon as they realize I'm a monster they won't be." Lyra told him.

"You're not a monster," Hermione reassured her.

"Just think about it," Ron told her.

Lyra nodded and turned her attention to Harry.

"What's going on with you? Does it still hurt?" Lyra asked about Harry's scar, that he was rubbing. It was hurting ever since he came from the Forbidden Forest.

"I wish I knew what this means! It's  happened before, but never as often as this." Harry said angrily.

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill. I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." Harry told them.

"Well that's comforting," Lyra said sarcastically.

Ron, on the other hand, waved out because he was too hot, due to the heat.

"Harry, relax, Hermione's right, The Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down." Ron told him. 

Harry nodded but Lyra could tell he was worried.

"What's really going on with you?" Lyra asked.

"I'm forgetting something its really important," Harry told his friends.

"That's just the exams. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd done that one."  Hermione told him.

______________________________________

Harry jumped up after staying quite for 2 minutes.

"Where're you going?" Said Ron sleepily.

"I've just thought of something, we've got to go and see Hagrid, now, " said Harry.

He had turned white. and ran ahead. Everyone else caught up.

"Why?" Panted Hermione, hurrying to keep up.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry asked.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Ron, but Harry, sprinting across the grounds toward the forest and didn't answer.

"You think, whoever is trying to steal the stone, sold the dragon?"  Lyra asked.

Harry nodded.

"Animal curelty has gotten too much these days." Lyra shook her head.
______________________________________

Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house; his trousers and sleeves were rolled up, and he was shelling peas into a large bowl.

"Hullo, finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?" Hagrid asked smiling.

"Yes, please, " said Ron, but Harry cut him off.

"No, we're in a hurry. Hagrid, I've got to ask you something. You know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?"  Harry asked.

"Dunno, he wouldn't take his cloak off," Hagrid said casually.

"And you still played cards with him?" Lyra asked as she and the other three looked stunned and raised their eyebrows. 

"It's not that unusual, yeh get a lot o' funny folk in the Hog's Head, that's the pub down in the village. Mighta bin a dragon dealer, mightn'he? I never saw his face, he kept his hood up." Hagrid explained.

"What did you talk to him about, Hagrid? Did you mention Hogwarts at all?" Harry asked as he sank down next to the bowl of peas.

"Mighta come up, " said Hagrid, frowning as he tried to remember.

"Yeah... he asked what I did, an' I told him I was gamekeeper here. He asked a bit about the sorta creatures I took after so I told him an' I said what I'd always really wanted was a dragon an' then... I can' remember too well, 'cause he kept buyin' me drinks. Let's see... yeah, then he said he had the dragon egg an' we could play cards fer it if I wanted but he had ter be sure I could handle it, he didn' want it ter go ter any old home. So I told him, after Fluffy, a dragon would be easy."  Hagrid began telling them everything.

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Well yeah. How many three-headed dogs d'yeh meet, even around Hogwarts? So I told him, Fluffy's a piece o' cake if yeh know how to calm him down, jus' play him a bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep."  Hagrid revealed.

Then suddenly he looked horrified.

"I shouldn'ta told yeh that! Forget I said it!" Hagrid blurted out.

The core four began leaving.

"Hey, where're yeh goin'?" They heard Hagrid ask, but they did not respond.
______________________________________

Harry, Ron, Lyra and Hermione didn't speak to each other at all until they came to a halt in the entrance hall, which seemed very cold and gloomy after the grounds.

"We've got to go to Dumbledore. Hagrid told that stranger how to get past Fluffy, and it was either Snape or Voldemort under that cloak. It must've been easy, once he'd got Hagrid drunk. I just hope Dumbledore believes us. Firenze might back us up if Bane doesn't stop him." Harry told them.

"There is just one problem here Harry." Lyra got his attention.

"What?" Harry asked.

"We don't know where Dumbledore's office is," Lyra told him.

They looked around as if hoping to see a sign pointing them in the right direction. They had never been told where Dumbledore lived, nor did they know anyone who had been sent to see him. Lyra remembered going there once to get permission to transform once a month but the passage way was a little complicated so she couldn't remember.

"We'll just have to-" Harry began but a voice suddenly rang across the hall.

"What are you four doing inside?" It was Professor McGonagall, carrying a large pile of books.

"We want to see Professor Dumbledore, "  said Hermione, rather bravely.

"See Professor Dumbledore?"  Professor McGonagall repeated, as though this was a very fishy thing to want to do.

"Why?" Professor McGonagall narrowed her eyes at them.

 Now what?... Lyra thought.

"It's sort of secret,"  Harry said visibly nervous.

Professor McGonagall's nostrils flared in anger.

"Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago, he received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off fo London at once."  She explained in a harsh tone.

"He's gone? Now?" Harry asked frantically.

We're doomed... Lyra thought.

"Professor Dumbledore is a very great wizard, Potter, he has many demands on his time." Professor McGonagall was getting fed up by the minute.

"But this is important,"  Harry told her.

"Something you have to say is more important than the Ministry of Magic, Potter." She gave him a stern look.

"Look, Professor, it's about The Philosopher's stone,"  Harry revealed.

Whatever Professor McGonagall had expected, it wasn't that. The books she was carrying tumbled out of her arms, but she didn't pick them up.

"How do you know-?" She spluttered.

"We know a lot of things Minnie," Lyra told her.

Professor McGonagall narrowed her eyes at Lyra.

"I mean, Professor." She quickly added.

"Professor, I think, I know that Sn- that someone's going to try and steal The Stone. I've got to talk to Professor Dumbledore." Harry told her.

She eyed him with a mixture of shock and suspicion.

"Professor Dumbledore will be back tomorrow,  I don't know how you found out about The Stone, but rest assured, no one can possibly steal it, it's too well protected." Professor McGonagall told him.

"But Professor-" Harry began again.

"Potter, I know what I'm talking about, "  she said shortly.

She bent down and gathered up the fallen books.

"I suggest you all go back outside and enjoy the sunshine, " with that she left.

But they didn't.

______________________________________

"It's tonight, " said Harry, once he was sure Professor McGonagall was out of earshot.

"Snape's going through the trapdoor tonight. He's found out everything he needs, and now he's got Dumbledore out of the way. He sent that note, I bet the Ministry of Magic will get a real shock when Dumbledore turns up."  Harry told them.

"But what can we-" Hermione began but then gasped.

Harry, Lyra and Ron wheeled round. Snape was standing there.

"Good afternoon, " he said smoothly.

They stared at him.

"You shouldn't be inside on a day like this," Snape said, with an odd, twisted smile.

"We were-"  Harry began,

"You want to be more careful, hanging around like this, people will think you're up to something. And Gryffindor really can't afford to lose any more points, can it?" Snape asked a retorical question.

All of them were flushed as they didn't know what to say to him so they turned to go outside, but Snape called them back.

"Be warned, Potter any more night time wanderings and I will personally make sure you are expelled. Good day to you, " with that he strode off in the direction of the staffroom.

Out on the stone steps, Harry turned to the others.

"Right, here's what we've got to do, one of us has got to keep an eye on Snape. Wait outside the staff room and follow him if he leaves it. Hermione, you'd better do that."  Harry whispered them the plan.

"Why me?" Hermione asked.

"It's obvious, you can pretend to be waiting for Professor Flitwick, you know," Ron told her.

He put on a high voice,

"Oh Professor Flitwick I'm so worried, I think I got question fourteen b wrong,"  Ron said with a high pitch voice.

Lyra slightly laughed.

"Oh, shut up, " said Hermione, but she agreed to go and watch out for Snape.

"And we'd better stay outside the third-floor corridor. Come on."   Harry told Ron and Lyra.

______________________________________

But that part of the plan didn't work. No sooner had they reached the door separating Fluffy from the rest of the school than Professor McGonagall turned up again and this time, she lost her temper.

"I suppose you think you're harder to get past than a pack of enchantments! Enough of this nonsense! If I hear you've come anywhere near here again, I'll take another fifty points from Gryffindor!" She yelled.

Ron's eyes widened.

"Yes, Weasley, from my own house!"

______________________________________

Harry,  Lyra and Ron went back to the common room.

"At least Hermione's on Snape's tail,"  Harry said trying to stay positive.

When the portrait of the Fat Lady swung open and Hermione came in.

"I'm sorry, Harry! Snape came out and asked me what I was doing, so I said I was waiting for Flitwick, and Snape went to get him, and I've only just got away, I don't know where Snape went!" Hermione wailed.

"Well, that's it then, isn't it?" Harry sighed.

Hermione and Ron sighed as well, looking down in defeat.

"You are kidding me, right? We're just gonna admit defeat?" Lyra with an unbeleiveable expression.

"What more can we do?" Hermione asked.

"We can go out tonight and stop Snape," Lyra told them.

"You're mad!" Ron yelled.

"We can get expelled!" Hermione said in horror.

"SO WHAT!" Lyra shouted.

"Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of The Stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? Do you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the housecup? This is our chance to make a difference! Harry, he killed your parents, you defeated him once you can stop him from returning, Ron, you're always complaining how you're in your brothers' shadows this your chance to show everyone that you're something special and Hermione you can show all those snobby purebloods that a Muggle-born like you is not to be messed with." Lyra gave her friends a motivational speech.

"What about you?" Harry asked.

"I can already tell that the summer I am about to face will be horrible. But if Voldemort returns I have no idea what my father will be capable of in his presence. I'm going to go full circle and stop his leader from ever returning." Lyra told them.

"She's right, tonight we go to the trapdoor and we stop Snape, together. We'll use my invisibility cloak." Harry told his friends.

 "I'd better go and look through my books, there might be something useful."  Hermione began leaving so she could go to the library. 

______________________________________

After dinner the four of them sat nervously apart in the common room Nobody bothered them; none of the Gryffindors had anything to say to them anymore, after all. Hermione was skimming through all her notes, hoping to come across one of the enchantments they were about to try to break. Harry and Ron didn't talk much. Both were thinking about what they were about to do. And Lyra was still worried about the end of the year and summer at the Manor.

What I'm about to do will make things worse for me. Am I going about it the wrong way?... Lyra thought.

Slowly, the room emptied as people drifted off to bed.

"Better get the cloak,"  Ron muttered, as Lee Jordan finally left, stretching and yawning. Harry ran upstairs to the boys' dormitory and soon came back.

"We'd better put the cloak on here, and make sure it covers all four of us if Filch spots one of our feet wandering along on its own-" Harry was cut off.

"What are you doing?" Asked a voice from the corner of the room. Neville appeared from behind an armchair, clutching Trevor the toad, who looked as though he'd been making another bid for freedom.

"Heeeey, Neville."  Lyra greeted awkwardly as the four saw him.

"Nothing, Neville, nothing, " said Harry, hurriedly putting the cloak behind his back.

Neville stared at their guilty faces.

"You're going out again, " he said.

"No, no, no." Hermione shook her head.

"No, we're not. Why don't you go to bed, Neville?" Harry suggested as he looked at the grandfather clock by the door. They couldn't afford to waste any more time, Snape might even now be playing Fluffy to sleep

"You can't go out, you'll be caught again. Gryffindor will be in even more trouble." Neville told them.

"You don't understand, this is important," Harry told him.

But Neville was clearly steeling himself to do something desperate.

"I won't let you do it, I'll-I'll fight you!"  Neville said, hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole.

"Neville, get away from that hole and don't be an idiot-" Ron exploded.

"Ron!"  Lyra scolded him.

"Don't you call me an idiot! I don't think you should be breaking any more rules! And you were the one who told me to stand up to people!"  Neville stood up to Ron.

"Yes, but not to us. Neville, you don't know what you're doing, " said Ron in exasperation.

 Neville dropped Trevor the toad, who leapt out of sight.

"Go on then, try and hit me! I'm ready!" Said Neville, raising his fists.

"We're not gonna hit you," Lyra told him.

Harry turned to Hermione.

"Do something, " he said desperately.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this." Hermione stepped forward.

"Petrificus Totalus!" She raised her wand. and cried, pointing it at Neville.

Neville's arms snapped to his sides. His legs sprang together. His whole body rigid, he swayed where he stood and then fell flat on his face stiff as a board.

Hermione ran to turn him over. Neville's jaws were jammed together so he couldn't speak. Only his eyes were moving, looking at them in horror.

"What've you done to him?" Harry whispered.

"It's the full Body-Bind, oh, Neville, I'm so sorry." Hermione apologized.

"How long will he be like this?" Lyra asked.

"Long enough for us to escape,"  Hermione answered.

"Oh Neville, at least none of us hit you. I told you we wouldn't." Lyra looked apologetic.

"We had to, Neville, no time to explain," Harry told him looking sorry.

"You'll understand later, Neville." Ron sighed as they stepped over him and pulled on the invisibility cloak.

But leaving Neville lying motionless on the floor didn't feel like a very good omen.

______________________________________

In their nervous state, every statue's shadow looked like Filch, every distant breath of wind sounded like Peeves swooping down on them. At the foot of the first set of stairs, they spotted Mrs.Norris skulking near the top. As they climbed carefully around her, Mrs. Norris turned her lamp-like eyes on them but didn't do anything.

They didn't meet anyone else until they reached the staircase up to the third floor. Peeves was bobbing halfway up, loosening the carpet so that people would trip.

"Who's there?" He said suddenly as they climbed toward him. He narrowed his wicked black eyes.

"Know you're there, even if I can't see you. Are you ghoulie or ghostie or wee student beastie?" He rose up in the air and floated there, squinting at them.

"Should call Filch, I should, if something's a-creeping around unseen." He added, trying to scare them.

Lyra, Hermione and Ron's eyes widened as the plan was going downhill. Suddenly Harry spoke up

"Peeves, The Bloody Baron has his own reasons for being invisible,"  Harry said in a hoarse whisper.

Peeves almost fell out of the air in shock. He caught himself in time and hovered about a foot off the stairs.

"So sorry, your bloodiness, Mr. Baron, Sir. My mistake, my mistake. I didn't see you, of course, I didn't, you're invisible. Forgive old Peevsie his little joke, sir." Peeves apologized visably shaking.

Lyra had to cover her mouth to prevent from laughing.

"I have business here, Peeves. Stay away from this place tonight."  Croaked Harry.

"I will, sir, I most certainly will. Hope your business goes well, Baron, I'll not bother you, "with that Peeves scooted off. 

"Brilliant, Harry!" Whispered Ron.

______________________________________

A few seconds later, they were there, outside the third-floor corridor and the door was already ajar.

"Well, there you are. Snape's already got past Fluffy."  Harry said quitely.

Seeing the open door somehow seemed to impress upon all four of them what was facing them.  Harry pushed the door open. As the door creaked, low, rumbling growls met their ears. All three of the dog's noses sniffed madly in their direction, even though it couldn't see them. A musical instrument was at its feet.

''What's that at its feet?"  Hermione whispered.

"Looks like a harp, " said Ron.

"Snape must have left it there,"  Lyra added.

"It must wake up the moment you stop playing, " said Harry.

"Well here it goes...' Harry put Hagrid's flute, which he brought from his dorm to his lips and blew. It wasn't really a tune, but from the first note, the beast's eyes began to droop.

Harry hardly drew breath. Slowly, the dog's growls ceased. It tottered on its paws and fell to its knees, then it slumped to the ground, fast asleep.

"Keep playing," Ron warned Harry as they slipped out of the cloak and crept toward the trapdoor. They could feel the dog's hot, smelly breath as they approached the giant heads.

"I think we'll be able to pull the door open, " said Ron, peering over the dog's back.

"Want to go first, Hermione?"  Ron asked.

"No, I don't!"  Hermione gave him, an 'you are insane' look.

"Lyra?" Ron asked.

Lyra slightly growled at him.

"All right." Ron gritted his teeth and stepped carefully over the dog's legs. He bent and pulled the ring of the trapdoor, which swung up and open.

"What can you see?" Hermione said anxiously.

"Nothing, just black there's no way of climbing down, we'll just have to drop,"  Ron told them.

Harry, who was still playing the flute, waved at Ron to get his attention and pointed at himself.

"You want to go first? Are you sure?"  Asked Ron. 

Harry nodded.

"I don't know how deep this thing goes. Give the flute to Hermione so she can keep him asleep.' Ron told him.

Harry handed the flute over. In the few seconds' silence, the dog growled and twitched, but the moment Hermione began to play, it fell back into its deep sleep. Harry climbed over it and looked down through the trapdoor. He lowered himself through the hole until he was hanging on by his fingertips. and said,

"If anything happens to me, don't follow. Go straight to the owlery and send Hedwig to Dumbledore all right?"  Harry looked up at Ron and Lyra.

  'Right, " said Ron as Lyra nodded.

"See you in a minute, I hope, " with that Harry let go.

"It's ok, you can come!" Harry called.

Lyra was next and when she reaching the bottom cold, damp air rushed past her, she fell down, down, down and,  FLUMP. With a funny, muffled sort of  thump, she landed on something soft. He sat up and felt around, her eyes not used to the gloom.

"Harry, you here?" Lyra asked.

"I'm here."  She heard his voice.

What am I doing? I can see in the dark...Lyra thought.

Lyra closed her eyes fro 5 seconds, opened them and stared at Harry with her glowing green eyes.

"Woah!" Harry said with wide eyes.

"Dragon vision, its what helps dragons fly in the night,"  Lyra explained.

Harry just nodded.

Lyra looked around her and saw what she and Harry had fallen on. She recognized the plant from her Herbology class, but couldn't quite remember the name then suddenly felt something cold wrap around her legs.

"Ah, what just happened?" Lyra asked nervously, but Harry did pay attention to what she said.

"It's okay! It's a soft landing, you can jump!" Harry called up to the light the size of a postage stamp which was the open trapdoor.

"Uh, Harry," Lyra called again as the grip on her legs were getting tighter as she struggled.

Ron came down, he landed, sprawled next to Harry.

"What's this stuff?"  Harry asked

"Don't know but I don't think its good," Lyra told him

"What are you talking about, it broke our fall? Come on, Hermione!' Ron called.

The distant music stopped. There was a loud bark from the dog, but Hermione had already jumped. She landed on Lyra's side

"We must be miles under the school."  She said.

"Lucky this plant thing's here, really,"  said Ron.

"I don't think we're so lucky." Lyra began struggled as the grips on her body got tighter.

"Lucky! Look at you three!"  Hermione shrieked as she leapt up and struggled.

She had to struggle because the moment she had landed, the plant had started to twist snake-like tendrils around her ankles. As for Harry and Ron, their legs had already been bound tightly in long creepers without their noticing Hermione had managed to free herself before the plant got a firm grip on her. Now she watched in horror as the other three fought to pull the plant off them, but the more they strained against it, the tighter and faster the plant wound around them.

"Stop moving! I know what this is. It's Devil's Snare!" Hermione told them.

"Oh, I'm so glad we know what it's called, that's a great help, " snarled Ron, leaning back, trying to stop the plant from curling around his neck.

"Shut up, I'm trying to remember how to kill it!" Hermione ordered. 

"Well, hurry up, I can't breathe!"  Harry gasped, wrestling with it as it curled around his chest.

"Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare...What did Professor Sprout say? It likes the dark and the damp." Hermione was trying to figure it out.

'So light a fire!' Harry choked.

"Yes, of course. Lyra breath fire on the plant." Hermione told her.

"I-I can't. I can't move my neck! You're gonna have to do this on your own!"  Lyra choked.

"But there is no wood!" Hermione cried, wringing her hands.

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" Ron bellowed.

"Oh, right!" Hermione realized and she whipped out her wand, waved it, muttered something, and sent a jet of the same bluebell flames she had used on Snape at the plant.

In a matter of seconds, the three felt it loosening its grip as it cringed away from the light and warmth. Wriggling and flailing, it unravelled itself from their bodies, and they were able to pull free.

"I love you." Lyra breathed out to Hermione, who just laughed.

"Lucky you pay attention in Herbology, Hermione."  Harry smiled and wiped the sweat off her face.

"Yeah, and lucky Harry doesn't lose his head in a crisis 'there's no wood, '  honestly." Ron rolled his eyes.

Lyra punched him in the arm.

"Ow!" Ron yelled.

"Be greatful." Lyra scolded him.

"This way, "  said Harry, pointing down a stone passageway, which was the only way forward.

All they could hear apart from their footsteps was the gentle drip of water trickling down the walls. The passageway sloped downward, Lyra was reminded of the dugeons at the Manor and how her family used it for prisoners. They were still some skeletons down at the Manor.

What if father puts me in the dugeons... Lyra thought.

"Can you hear something?"  Ron whispered.

They listened, a soft rustling and clinking seemed to be coming from up ahead.

"Do you think it's a ghost?" Ron asked.

"I don't know sounds like wings to me,"  Harry told him.

Lyra then saw a light ahead.

"There's light ahead. I can see something moving." Lyra pointed to the light.
______________________________________

They reached the end of the passageway and saw before them a brilliantly lit chamber, its ceiling arching high above them. It was full of small, jewel-bright birds, fluttering and tumbling all around the room. On the opposite side of the chamber was a heavy wooden door.

"Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" Ron asked.

"Probably. But they don't look very vicious, I suppose if they all swooped down at once...well, there's no other choice... I'll run."  Harry took a deep breath, covered his face with his arms, and sprinted across the room. 

He expected to feel sharp beaks and claws tearing at him any second, but nothing happened. He reached the door untouched. He pulled the handle, but it was locked the other three followed him. They tugged and heaved at the door, but it wouldn't budge, not even when Hermione tried her Alohomora charm and Lyra trying to burn it with her Dragon Fire breathing.

"Now what?" Ron asked.

"These birds... they can't be here just for decoration," Hermione told them

"Then what are they here for?" Lyra asked confused.

They watched the birds soaring overhead, glittering -

"They're not birds!" Harry realized.

"Then what are they?" Lyra asked confused.

"They're keys! Winged keys! Look carefully. So that must mean..." Harry looked around the chamber while Ron and Hermione squinted up at the flock of keys.

"That's not gonna work, " Lyra told them.

"Yes! Look! Broomsticks! We've got to catch the key to the door!" Harry told them.

"But there are hundreds of them!"  Lyra exclaimed.

"We're looking for a big, old-fashioned one, probably silver, like the handle."  Ron examined the door.

They each seized a broomstick and kicked off into the air, soaring into the midst of the cloud of keys. They grabbed and snatched, but the bewitched keys darted and dived so quickly it was almost impossible to catch one, for Lyra, Ron and Hermione at least. But not for Harry, as he was the youngest seeker in a century soon spotted the exact key that was needed. 

"That one! That big one, there, with bright blue wings, the feathers are all crumpled on one side." Harry instructed.

Ron went speeding in the direction that Harry was pointing, crashed into the ceiling, and nearly fell off his broom.

"We've got to close in on it!" Harry called, not taking his eyes off the key with the damaged wing.

"Ron, you come at it from above, Lyra you take care of the sides and Hermione, stay below and stop it from going down and I'll try and catch it. Right, NOW!"Harry instructed.

Ron dived, Hermione rocketed upward, the key dodged both of them. Harry streaked after it; it sped toward the wall but pasted Lyra.  Harry leaned forward and with a nasty, crunching noise, pinned it against the stone with one hand. Ron, Lyra and Hermione's cheers echoed around the high chamber then landed quickly, and Harry ran to the door, the key struggling in his hand. He rammed it into the lock and turned it worked. The moment the lock had clicked open, the key took flight again, looking very battered now that it had been caught twice.

"Ready?" Harry asked his friends, his hand on the door handle. They nodded. He pulled the door open

______________________________________

The next chamber was so dark they couldn't see anything at all. Lyra used her dragon vision and told her friends to step forward.

As they stepped into it, light suddenly flooded the room to reveal an astonishing sight. They were standing on the edge of a huge chessboard, behind the black chessmen which were all taller than they were and carved like black stone. Facing them, way across the chamber, were the white pieces. Harry, Lyra, Ron and Hermione shivered slightly because the towering white chessmen had no faces. 

"Now what do we do?"  Harry whispered.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. Behind the white pieces, they could see another door." Ron told them.

"How?" Hermione asked nervously.

"I think, we're going to have to be chessmen." Ron walked up to a black knight and put his hand out to touch the knight's horse.

At once, the stone sprang to life. The horse pawed at the ground and the knight turned his helmeted head to look down at Ron.

"Do we-er-have to join you to get across?" Ron asked.

The black knight nodded.

"This needs thinking about. I suppose we've got to take the place of four of the black pieces."  Ron told his friends.

Harry, Lyra and Hermione stayed quiet, watching Ron think.

"Now, don't be offended or anything, but any of you aren't that good at chess." Ron finally spoke up.

"Trust me, Ron, we're not offended."  Lyra chuckled.

"Just tell us what to do," Harry told him.

"Well, Harry, you take the place of that bishop,  Hermione, you stand next to him instead of that castle and Lyra you be the queen," Ron instructed.

"Oh, I like that. Where does she stand?" Lyra asked cluelessly.

"In the centre square." Ron rolled his eyes, but Lyra didn't mind she enjoying being the queen.

Lyra looked at the centre square but then she realized the queen doesn't have much protection.

"Wait, Ron, I have a question," Lyra told him.

"Yes?" Ron raised his eyebrow.

"If I'm the queen, shouldn't I be more protected?" Lyra asked cluelessly.

"No, that's the king," Ron told her.

"Of course." Lyra rolled her eyes.

"But you do get to move whichever way you want," Ron told her.

"I love chess." Lyra squealed.

"Lyra, stop being foolish, we have to be serious about this. We have to stop Snape!" Ron scolded, which caught Lyra off gaurd.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I just got a little off track." Lyra apologized.

"What are you going to be?" Harry asked.

"I'm going to be a knight," Ron said determined to win.

The chessmen seemed to have been listening, because at these words a knight, a bishop, queen and a castle turned their backs on the white pieces and walked off the board, leaving four empty squares that Harry, Lyra,  Ron, and Hermione took.

"White always plays first in chess.' Ron told them, peering across the board.

A white pawn had moved forward two squares.

Ron started to direct the black pieces. They moved silently wherever he sent them. Lyra was still very excited for being the queen Harry moved diagonally four squares to the right as his knees were trembling. Their first real shock came when their other knight was taken. The white queen smashed him to the floor and dragged him off the board, where he lay quite still, facedown.

"You know its usually the colour back that is associated with evil, are the rules different in chess?" Lyra asked scared.

"Had to let that happen," said Ron, looking shaken.

"Leaves you free to take that bishop, Hermione, go on." Ron intructed.

Every time one of their men was lost, the white pieces showed no mercy. Soon there was a huddle of limp black players slumped along the wall. Twice, Ron only just noticed in time that Harry and Hermione were in danger. He himself darted around the board, taking almost as many white pieces as they had lost black ones.

"We're nearly there. Let me think let me think..."  Ron began thinking.

The white queen turned her blank face toward him.

"Yes, It's the only way. I've got to be taken."  Ron declared.

"NO!" Harry and Hermione shouted.

"This is no longer fun!" Lyra yelled scared for Ron.

"That's chess! You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me, that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!" Ron instructed.

"But-" Harry began.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not?"  Ron asked.

"Ron-"  Harry began again.

'"Look, if you don't hurry up, he'll already have The Stone! There was no alternative. Ready?" Ron called, his face pale but determined.

They reluctantly nodded.

"Here I go, now don't hang around once you've won,"  Ron told them.

I'm gonna take him to the hospital wing. Hermione and Harry can go without me. I'm not doing much for them anyway... Lyra thought.

He stepped forward, and the white queen pounced. She struck Ron hard across the head with her stone arm, and he crashed to the floor. Hermione screamed but stayed on her square.

"I hate chess,"  Lyra muttered.

The white queen dragged Ron to one side. He looked as if he'd been knocked out. Shaking Harry moved three spaces to the left. The white king took off his crown and threw it at Harry's feet. They had won.

The chessmen parted and bowed, leaving the door ahead clear. With one last desperate look back at Ron, Harry and Hermione were about to charge through the door and up the next passageway

"What if he's-?" Hermione began.

"He'll be all right," said Harry, trying to convince himself.

"You both go ahead without me. I'm gonna take him to the hospital wing."  Lyra told them.

"But Ron said-"  Hermione began.

"I know what he said he's an idiot. I'm not doing much anyway. Hermione, you're the genius and Harry you're the hero. You both can do this, defeat Snape together."  Lyra told them.

She walked up to an unconscious Ron since he would be too heavy to carry in human form Lyra decided to transform. She took off her necklace and began to transform in pain as she screamed, wing grew out her back and she became a full majestic purple dragon. She scopped Ron up by her neck and rolled him on her back, grabbed her necklace by her teeth and flew away.
______________________________________

Lyra took Ron to the hospital wing.

"What happened?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"He got hit really hard by something and now he's unconscious," Lyra told her.

"What did he get hit with? And what were even doing out of bed its curfew.'' Madam Pomfrey told her sternly.

" I don't know. I just saw him unconscious in the common room."  Lyra lied.

"All right, I'll take care of him, however, visiting hours are over."  Madam Pomfrey informed.

Lyra nodded and ran out. She had to get to the owlery and tell Dumbladore about everything.

______________________________________

Once Lyra got the owlery she saw Hermione already there, she was attaching a latter to Hedwig.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be with Harry." Lyra said worriedly.

"After Snape's obstacale only one person can go ahead. I was writing a letter to Dumbledore about everything. Where is Ronald?" Hermione asked as Hedwig flew away with Hermione's letter.

How convenient... Lyra thought.

"You left him alone. Why would you do that Hermione?! He could die!" Lyra said worriedly.

'Lyra you said so yourself he's the Hero he can do this. Now, where is Ron?" Hermione asked.

"Hospital Wing. Visiting hours are over. I guess all we can do now is go to the common room and visit Ron tomorrow." Lyra told her.

Hermione nodded.

______________________________________

Hermione and Lyra were about to enter their common room when they were stopped by Professor McGonagall stepped in front of them with a stern expression.

Lyra thought she got caught flying silently around the school to get Ron to the hospital wing.

"Out of bed again, after curfew Ms. Malfoy and Ms. Granger!" She said in a very angry and stern voice.

Lyra sighed relieved and Hermione gulped.

"We're sorry Professor McGonagall. It's just we found Ron, unconscious in the common room so we just had to bring him to Madam Pomfrey." Lyra lied.

"Is Mr. Weasley with her right now?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Yes." Lyra nodded.

"And Mr. Potter?' Professor McGonagall asked with narrowed eyes.

Hermione and Lyra shared a glance, debating on whether they should tell Professor McGonagall that Harry is alone with Snape trying to protect The Stone.

"Upstairs, in his bed sleeping. We didn't want to disturb him." Lyra told her.

"Very well, go to bed now." Professor McGonagall said sternly.

Lyra and Hermione nodded as Professor McGonagall stepped out of the way.

I hope Harry's ok... Lyra thought as she and Hermione entered the common room.

______________________________________

Sorry for any errors...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 2K 61
Katherine Parkinson is the twin sister of Pansy Parkinson. She always had a major crush on Draco but Pansy did too so that made her life hard at Hogw...
4.8M 153K 83
" do you have me under a curse, diggory? " " no, what makes you say that? " " i feel completely under your control, and i can't s...
121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
326K 8.8K 67
Stella Carina Malfoy is the twin sister of Draco Lucius Malfoy. She is a highly talented and powerful witch. Being different than the rest of her fam...