Miss Gryffindor || h. potter...

By beachsideviews

𝘮đ˜Ē𝘴𝘴 𝘨đ˜ŗđ˜ē𝘧𝘧đ˜Ēđ˜¯đ˜Ĩ𝘰đ˜ŗ || "I love you, you idiot!" ĪŸ Besides daring, nerve, and chivalry, Gryffindor... More

before you read
epigraph
prologue
- 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
- 10
11
12
13
14
15
- 16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
- 30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

8

2.4K 51 65
By beachsideviews

APPARENTLY AFTER ARIA's MISERABLE attempt to hide her new brewing feelings towards a certain Weasley twin, Hermione and Harry were having a much difficult time. In the minutes that past, they had lost a hundred and fifty points in one night.

"It has to be some kind of record." Ariana implied as her, Ron and Harry kept together in a tight nit group as people turned on the potter boy in disappointment. "I mean a hundred and fifty points? That's outrageous actually, in all the literature I read about Hogwarts -- I never saw anything on that amount of decrease in status of the house cup --"

there was a short smack on the back of Aria's head causing her to inhale grabbing her head. "Ow!" she exclaimed throwing a glare towards Ron who had just hit her over the head who only matched her glare.
"They'll all forget this in a few weeks," Ron assured Harry "Fred and George have lost loads of points in all the time they've been here, and people still like them."
"They've never lost a hundred and fifty points in one go, though, have they?" Harry asked causing Ron and Aria to exchange glances as Aria tilted her head awkwardly avoiding glance.
"Well — no." Ron admitted hesitantly.

Harry had felt so ashamed of himself that he attempted to resign from the Quidditch team, Aria told him that was barbaric and wouldn't do the house any good but he wouldn't listen to the girl.

Yet of course with exams approaching and Hermione's thoroughly laid out time table, Aria had enough to worry about if she wanted to pass this year.

Spending most of her time in the library with Hermione, she headed in their once again to meet up with the girl and Ron, since the guys tag along the majority of the time after Hermione's constant bickering.

"Afternoon, Miss Pince." Aria greeted the librarian quietly as she went to go get books on astronomy, the class they were currently testing Ron on for upcoming exams. The girl only received a glance and a short nod, but yet alone she was satisfied as she continued towards the aisle inhaling the welcoming smell of books. Bouncing on the sole of her shoes as she approached the sections she needed to be in. As her eyes danced over the titles of the books, her hands collapsed behind her back as she strolled down the library, a smile spread to her lips as her eyes landed on the one she was searching for.

Plucking it off of the bookshelf only for it to be tugged to the other side of the shelf subtly.

Fred Weasley had been itching to talk to the Anderson girl ever since last night's events. It kept him up so much last night he barely slept a wink. He wouldn't dare let George know that he was falling head over heels for this girl and quickly. His brother was already giving him enough pain about him fancying her in general.

Things such as, I think mum would just adore her.

do you think you'll bring her to our house over the summer to meet the family?

do you think she prefers the bracelet you gave her or my spectacular gift?

You know, you could brew a love potion. Get this waiting over with.

His comments were easy enough to brush off but when Fred spotted the short brunette walk into the library, he couldn't help himself.

As if in some sort of trance, he followed her. He could hear his brother now, You know Freddie, this is also considered stalking.

Fred rolled his eyes to himself and noticed her grabbing a book, without thinking, he grabbed the other side of it attempting to pull it from his side.

The books beside were quickly pulled off the shelf and Aria's eyes peeked through the holes, her eyes squinted.

"Fred?" she questioned confused.
"astronomy huh?" Fred began taking the book and trailing over to the other side of the shelf. "Never picked you for much of an astronomy lover."

Fred glanced at Aria once he reached the girl only to see her confused face.
"Why do you look so confused?" Fred chuckled lightly.
"I'm sorry -- I just never thought i'd ever see you in a library, voluntarily."

Fred squinted at the girl closing the book he was pretending to glance over.
"Well ace, I was looking for you actually."

Aria's heart fluttered at this.
"Oh?" Aria asked hesitantly holding out a hand for the book causing Fred to smirk and place it in her hand.

"always the hint of surprise." Fred grinned. "See, I have been thinking about what you said last night --"
"oh you really don't have to say anything about that --" Aria began.
"I fancy you, Aria." Fred interrupted briskly. 

Aria looked at Fred surprised.
"Is that so hard to believe?" Fred asked his eyebrows furrowed.
"yes." Aria answered honestly.
"why? You're beautiful, you're intelligent, and you're full of light, I enjoy you and I think you feel the same way about me."

"Fred ---"
"You can't deny it ace, I see it in your eyes. You can tell a lot about a person by their eyes, it was the first thing I noticed about you besides the fact that you were ten times smaller then your luggage." he grinned "not to mention, you wear the bracelet I gave you for Christmas everyday, what's your excuse for that?"

"I can't Fred. I'm sorry, but I can't."
A flash of confusion washed behind his eyes. "and why not?"
"We barely know anything about each other! We met less then a year ago, don't you think that it's even absurd to think about the possibility of even pursuing something? Besides, i'm only eleven and have far more other things to worry about. Like exams and the Malfoys, and my mother and making sure Harry doesn't lose any more house points!"

"You shouldn't put that much pressure on yourself ace, you are going to snap one day."
"I can't worry about myself right now, not with everything going on."
"Then let me worry about you." Fred paused "You're right, I stepped over the line. I was being foolish, let me be..... your person. Someone to be there for you and to be your friend or someone to hate or whatever you need. You need someone to take care of you or the things you bury down deep will escape one day."
Aria let out a short hesitant sigh, "I can't put that burden on you --"

"too bad," Fred scoffed wrapping an arm around Aria and leading her out of the library, completely disregarding the book or the trio sitting at the table as they dwelled on news that Harry had brought to them. "you ace, are officially stuck with George and I for whatever you deem needed."
~~
Ron and Aria stayed up late that night in the common room, waiting for Hermione and Harry to return from their detention. After chatting for a while, Ron and Aria nodded off. Aria resting her heat on her hand on the couches arm rest, Ron next to her.

It wasn't until Harry woke them both up that things drastically went down hill. The boy informed them about what happened down in the forest, pacing up and down in front of the fire.

"Snape wants the Stone for Voldemort . . . and Voldemort's waiting in the forest . . . and all this time we thought Snape just wanted to get rich." Harry panted
"Stop saying the name!" Ron demanded in a short whisper.
"Firenze saved me, but he shouldn't have done so. . . . Bane was furious . . . he was talking about interfering with what the planets say is going to happen. . . . They must show that Voldemort's coming back. . . . Bane thinks Firenze should have let Voldemort kill me. . . . I suppose that's written in the stars as well." Harry continued
"Will you stop saying the name!" Ron hissed
"So all I've got to wait for now is Snape to steal the Stone, then Voldemort will be able to come and finish me off. . . . Well, I suppose Bane'll be happy"

"Harry, everyone says Dumbledore's the only one You-Know-Who was ever afraid of. With Dumbledore around, You-Know-Who won't touch you. Anyway, who says the centaurs are right? It sounds like fortune-telling to me, and Professor McGonagall says that's a very imprecise branch of magic." Hermione informed the terrified boy to which Aria nodded in agreement, her lips quivering in slight uncertain fear.

The quartet went to bed that evening shakily worried and while Aria dozed off behind the dark wall of her eyelids
~~
Fred held his promise that was made in the library and distracted Aria from upcoming exams, making sure she took breaks to relax. But when he mentioned tickling tentacles of a giant squid, she was quick to decline. So instead the girl traveled down the hallways of the school aimlessly. It wasn't until she heard a familiar voice that she came to a pit stop.

"and what about the girl?" McGonagall asked causing Aria's back to quickly hit the cold stone of the walls so that she could eavesdrop.
"there is no need to provide this burden of information on her, she already has enough coming to her in the future." Snape stated.
"Perhaps we should discuss this with Professor Dumbledore. After all this is far beyond my reach Severus. I mean, there are so many risks, what if she finds out what he did to her? Or what about her connection with sirius? Who's to say Lorelai hasn't discussed this all with her already?"

"Minerva, we were put to watch over this girl. All we can do is wait this out, it's what Dumbledore told us to do when she was placed in Hogwarts. We've been preparing for this and now that she had befriended Potter, things are only bound to accelerate."
"So we wait it out then." McGonagall sighed "I have a bad feeling about this, Severus."
"I know. We all do. After all, Aria Anderson will be our downfall."

Aria swallowed nervously as she heard retreating footsteps in the opposite way, gaining herself the girl took off towards the Gryffindor common room her hands shaking. As her body weight lifted from one foot to another as she dashed through the corridors; she ran up to the fat lady panting.
"What have you been up to?" the fat lady asked curiously
"Never mind that," Aria panted stating the password quickly and climbing inside.

Aria paced in front of the fire place her mind racing as she tried to place the pieces of the puzzle together. What was so important about her that she would have two professor worried? It wasn't until the portrait swung open and Hermione pilled in looking like she had seen a ghost.
"What happened to you?" Aria asked stopping in her place.
"It's the boys -- they had this plan, I was supposed to stand guard but Snape came out and I went numb!" Hermione rambled "Your turn."
"something might be wrong with me." Aria blurted out and so the girls sat on the couch and Aria explained everything to the girl to which Hermione's face paled.

"It sounds as bad as I thought, doesn't it?" Aria asked
"I'm sure it's nothing you have to worry about --" Hermione began uncertainly
"so does 'downfall' mean nothing to you?!" Aria panicked
"Well--" Hermione started but was interrupted when Harry and Ron climbed through the portrait.

"I'm sorry, Harry!" Hermione wailed noticing the boy "Snape came out and asked me what I was doing, so I said I was waiting for Flitwick, and Snape went to get him, and I've only just got away, I don't know where Snape went."
"Well, that's it then, isn't it?" Harry declared
"What's it then?" Aria asked
"I'm going out of here tonight and I'm going to try and get to the Stone first." Harry declared
"You're mad!" Ron exclaimed
"You can't!" Hermione agreed "After what McGonagall and Snape have said? You'll be expelled"
"SO WHAT?" Harry's voice raised "Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of the Stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts!Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? D'you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the House Cup? If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursley's and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through that trapdoor tonight and nothing you two say is going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?"

"Harry's right, this seems to be the best and only option available." Aria spoke in agreement.
"I'll use the Invisibility Cloak." Harry nodded "It's just lucky I got it back."
"But will it cover all four of us?" Ron asked
"all-- all four of us?" Harry repeated confused.
"Oh, come off it, you don't think we'd let you go alone?" Ron asked
"Of course not." Hermione stated quickly "How do you think you'd get to the Stone without us? I'd better go and look through my books, there might be something useful."
"But if we get caught, you three will be expelled, too." Harry reminded them
"Not if I can help it." Hermione stated "Flitwick told me and Aria in secret that I got a hundred and twelve percent and Aria got a hundred and eleven percent on his exam. They're not throwing us out after that."
~~
After dinner the four of them sat apart in the common room, nervous. Hermione and Aria spent their time skimming through their notes, for useful information. Later, when everyone went to bed; Harry went and grabbed his cloak and the flute and ran back down to the common room.

"We'd better put the Cloak on here, and make sure it covers all four of us— if Filch spots one of our feet wandering along on its own —" Harry began only to be interrupted by Neville who was behind an armchair, clutching his toad.
"What are you doing?" he asked
"Nothing, Neville, Nothing." Harry said as Aria noticed the cloak and stepped in front of it, smiling softly at Neville before nudging Harry to put the cloak behind his back subtly.

"You're going out again." Neville stated
"No, no, no." Hermione began "No, we're not. Why don't you go to bed, Neville?"
"You can't go out" Neville paused "you'll be caught again. Gryffindor will be in even more trouble"
"You don't understand Neville." Aria pressured "this is important."
"I won't let you do it." Neville said hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole. "I'll --- I'll fight you!"
"Neville," Ron urged "get away from that hole and don't be an idiot—"
"Don't you call me an idiot!" Neville exclaimed ""I don't think you should be breaking any more rules! And you were the one who told me to stand up to people"
"Yes, but not to us," Ron stated
"Neville, you don't know what you're doing" Aria attempted yet he took a step forward and Neville dropped Trevor who leapt away.
"Go on then, try and hit me!" Neville exclaimed raising his fists. "I'm ready!"

"Fine! --" Aria exasperated irritated stepping forward but Harry grabbed her arm pulling her back as he rolled his eyes and looked at Hermione.
"Do something,"
"Neville," Hermione sighed raising her wand "I'm really, really sorry about this"
"Petrificus Totalus!" she cried out and Neville's arms snapped to his sides, his legs sprang together and he swayed where he stood and then fell flat on his face completely stiff.

Hermione ran to turn him over and yet only his eyes were moving, scared.
"What've you done to him?" Harry whispered
"It's the full Body-Bind." Hermione answered "Oh, Neville, i'm so sorry."
"We had to, Neville, no time to explain," Harry stated stepping over him.
"Sorry" Aria says behind Harry.
"It's for your own good, you know" Ron states before they exit.

The quartet climbed under the cloak and headed to the door which held the room of the trapdoor, which was already unlocked.

"Wait a minute...he's....Sleeping." Ron points out.
"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." Harry said, as they approach the dog.
"Uh. It's got horrible breath!" Ron said.
"We have to move its paw." Aria said looking at the dog.
"What?!" Ron exclaimed
"She's right. Come on!" Harry instructs. Grabbing onto the paw, they moved it together, straining, and pushing. Eventually they were able to open the trap door.

"I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign" Harry said. "If something bad happens, get yourselves out." he paused, "Does it seem a bit...quiet?"
"The harp. It stopped playing." Hermione acknowledged.
"Ew! Yuck! Ugh." Ron exclaims, causing all four kids to look up and see Fluffy towering over them, slobber dripping from his mouth. The three headed dog thrashed, barked , snapped and growled at the quartet until it breaks the harp and dives at the four.

"Jump! Go!" Harry ordered pushing Aria towards the door in the swift panicked, motion, they all jump in only to land on something soft.
"Ahh! Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really." Ron noted.
"Not really lucky." Aria commented causing Ron and Harry to look at her, "It's called the Devil's Snare."
"Oh, i'm so glad we know what it's called, that's a great help." Ron remarked as the plant rapidly wrapped around them.

"Stop moving, both of you! Aria's right, this is the Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster." Hermione warned them as Aria relaxed herself letting the plant give out around her causing her to fall through it hitting the hard ground below.
"Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!" Ron exclaimed

In seconds, Harry had noticed Aria's disappearance and an unusual feeling rushed over him making his stomach curl as he glanced around quickly, searching for the young girl, only to strain his neck as the plant attempted to wrap around it, "Aria!" he called out. Soon, Hermione was sucked below and joined Aria who helped her up off of the ground as the boys called out the girls names.
"Now what are we gonna do?!" Ron asked Harry.

"Just relax!" Aria yelled out her hands cupping her mouth to make sure the sound traveled far enough for them to hear.
"Aria! Where are you?!" Harry asked
"Trust me, just relax!" Aria stated. Obeying the girl, Harry was sucked through the plant landing near them as Hermione helped him up. Causing Ron to freak out and panic even more, calling their names desperately.

"Help!" Ron exclaimed.
"He's not relaxing, is he?" Hermione asked
"Apparently not." Harry said.
"Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare..." Aria hummed softly attempting to remember what Professor Sprout told them during class.

"Help! Help me!" Ron screamed.
"Shut up will you?!" Aria yelled back causing Harry and Hermione to look at her slightly surprised, but she waved them off, humming the tune.
"Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare.... it's deadly fun..." Aria trailed off tapping her foot on the ground as she tried to remember.
"but will sulk in the sun!" Hermione continued "that's it! the Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" The girl exchanged high fives.
"So light a fire!" Harry reminded them
"But wait -- there's no wood!" Aria cried out waving her hands dramatically as Hermione nodded in agreement sighing as she rubbed her hands together in thought.

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD?" Ron bellowed "ARE YOU WITCHES OR NOT?!"
"Oh, right!" Hermione exclaimed whipping out her wand, "Lumus Solem!"
A jet of bluebell flames flew out of her wand and Ron fell out of the plant.

"Lucky the girls pay attention in Herbology." Harry said wiping sweat off of his face.
"Yeah," Ron agreed shaking his head "and lucky Harry doesn't lose his head in a crisis—'there's no wood,' honestly,"

Suddenly, a soft rustling noise seemed to be coming from up ahead, unsure of what it was they adventured towards it through the passageways, which led them to a brightly lit chamber.
"Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" Ron asked
"Most likely," Aria stated tilting her head as they looked at the flapping birds, her hands on her hips.
"Probably," Harry stated at the same time. Harry agreed to run across the room and so he did. Only to discover that the door across the room was locked. Hermione tried her Alohomora Charm, but nothing. After tugging and heaving at the door they gave up.
"Now what?" Ron asked
"These birds.... they can't just be here for decoration." Hermione pointed out.

"That's because they are not birds, they're keys." Aria informed realizing their 'birds' appearance was slightly off. 
"I'll bet one of them fits that door" Harry adds. Harry was quick to find the broomsticks nearby and decided that the goal was to catch the key that fits the doors lock. 

"Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be hundreds of keys up there!" Hermione exclaimed.
"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron observed the lock, taking in the details and overall appearance.

After mounting their brooms and snatching and grabbing keys they eventually found the right one, they flew down to the lock and clicked it unlocked, swinging the door open.

As they entered the room they were found standing on the edge of a huge chessboard, that lit up the room.
"Now what do we do?" Hermione asked
"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry and Aria, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight." Ron informed.
"What happens now?" Hermione wondered
"Well, white moves first, and then...we play." Ron explained getting on a horse.
"You don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asks
"You there! D-5!" Ron commanded.

At his order, a black pawn moved forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raised its sword and smashed the black one making the four jump.
"Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" Ron informed.

As the game continued, pieces were destroyed as Aria and Ron lead the game together. Shouting out commands and orders left and right.
"Castle to E-4!" Ron directed.
"Pawn to C-3!" Aria instructed.
The queen turns smashing into a piece causing Harry, Aria, Ron and Hermione wince as the queen turns once again. 

"Wait a minute." Harry hesitated.
"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King." Ron nodded.

"No, Ron! No!" Harry exclaimed.
"What is it?" Hermione asked confused.
"He's going to sacrifice himself!" Aria told the girl.
"No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!" Ron closed his eyes before turning and facing Harry.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, not Aria, you. Aria finish the game." Aria nodded reluctantly swallowing as she glanced over at Ron closing her eyes and exhaling out, "Knight...to H-3."

Ron's horse moves forward, slides and comes to a sudden stop.
"Check." Ron said. The Queen then turned and advanced before coming to a stop and swinging. Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.
"RON!" Aria and Harry shouts simultaneously,  Hermione began to rush over to him but Aria interrupts her move,
"NO! Don't move! Don't forget, we're still playing."
Submissively, Hermione moves back to her spot. Aria walks diagonally in front of the King, holding her head up high she states,
"Checkmate."
The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory and the three run to Ron bending down beside him.

"Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on." Harry said.

"You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are." Hermione assured Harry.
"Not as good as you two." Harry said looking at Aria who was bent over Ron trying to get him to wake up.
"Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful." Hermione says bending down next to Ron, Harry nods and stands, starts to walk away but Aria quickly get up and runs to him putting a hand on his shoulder he turns around.
"I'm coming with you." Aria informed the raven haired boy a serious look in her eyes which told Harry not to argue with her at this very moment and so he nodded and they took off together sparing one last tiny smile towards Hermione.

"What do you reckon's next?" Harry asked as they walked towards the door.
"We've had Sprout's, that was the Devil's Snare; Flitwick must've put charms on the keys; McGonagall transfigured the chessmen to make them alive; that leaves Quirrell's spell, and Snape's . ."

"only one way to find out," Harry stated swallowing and opening the door only for a disgusting smell to hit them, causing them to cough and pull their robes over their noses. Spotting seven different shaped potion bottles standing in a line on a table, Aria swallowed.
"Snape's." Aria whispered causing Harry to look over at the girl.
"What do we have to do?" Harry wondered before they stepped over the threshold and immediate fire sprang up behind them in the doorway. Purple fire.

The two exchanged looks as black flames shot up in the doorway leading onward.

"Look!" Aria exclaimed grabbing a roll of paper lying next to the bottles, Harry looked over her shoulder to read it.

"Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind, Two of us will help you, whichever you would find, One among us seven will let you move ahead, Another will transport the drinker back instead, Two among our number hold only nettle wine, Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line. Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore, To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four: First, however slyly the poison tries to hide You will always find some on nettle wine's left side; Second, different are those who stand at either end, But if you would move onward, neither is your friend; Third, as you see clearly, all are different size, Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides; Fourth, the second left and the second on the right Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight."

"This isn't magic," Aria paused a small smile spread on her lips. "this is logic, a puzzle. Thank merlin, i'm good at puzzles. Here we go, Seven bottles: three are poison; two are wine; one will get us safely through the black fire, and one will get us back through the purple."
"But how do we know which to drink?" Harry asked
"Give me a second." Aria told him as the wheels in her brain spun.
"Got it." Aria cheered "It's the smallest bottle. It will get us through the black fire -- toward the stone."
"There's only enough there for one of us." Harry tod her "That's hardy one swallow."

As they bickered, Aria soon gave in and decided that she would go back and meet up with Ron and Hermione and he would go after the stone.

Harry's eyes flickered around aimlessly as he swallowed nervously to which Aria noticed and tightened her lips and she swung her arms around her friend, hugging him. To her surprise, he hugged back.

"You are a great wizard, you're going to get through this." Aria assured her friend. "I promise you."
Harry squeezed the girl gently before letting go and smiling softly at his friend, "see you on the other side?"
"Always."

and with that the girl swallowed the liquid and disappeared into the flames.

[edited: yes! (10-18-20)]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 10.5K 60
❝𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 đ™ĸ𝙚 𝙨𝙤đ™ĸ𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞đ™Ŗ𝙜 𝙄 𝙙𝙤đ™Ŗ'𝙩 𝙠đ™Ŗ𝙤đ™Ŧ. ❞ ❝𝙄 𝙡𝙤đ™Ģ𝙚 𝙮īŋŊ...
167K 3.7K 54
Beatrice Rose Black; a name that provoked enigma. A fierce Gryffindor who has a past that she wants to change desperately. Being the daughter of Regu...
735K 23.3K 100
madison taylor, a 'slytherin' who was broken. who needed fixing. who needed someone to keep her in line. who needed someone. hermoine granger, a gry...
72K 2.2K 104
After a wee mishap on the Quidditch field, George Weasley can't help but get close (too close to be just friends, according to his brother Fred) with...