Miss Gryffindor || h. potter...

By beachsideviews

๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ || "I love you, you idiot!" ฯŸ Besides daring, nerve, and chivalry, Gryffindor... More

before you read
epigraph
prologue
- 1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
- 10
11
12
13
14
15
- 16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
- 30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

6

3K 58 19
By beachsideviews

THERE WAS NO WAY TO EXPLAIN THE HEAP OF EMOTIONS that Ariana felt as the usual quartet sat in the great hall during breakfast, before their upcoming first game, Gryffindor vs Slytherin.

Except for, timorous.

She felt as if she was drowning under water after a huge tsunami hit, unable to come up for air, since all the pressure would be on her and Harry's shoulders this upcoming game. Since Oliver had deemed them their 'secret weapons.'

The girl couldn't be more thankful to have Hermione as a friend, with her pressuring to learn all the facts about quidditch and read all the books on the subject -- front to back. The girl knew every power move as well as all the basic and useful information.

Though, it was the physical movement she was worried about, one wrong move and she could go tumbling to the ground twenty feet in the air.

That's where she wished she was still friends with the twins.

Ever since the night on the field after her stunt, she hadn't mutter a word to Fred and he was the same way towards her.

She missed the insane amount of practice they made her accomplish, Harry was great to practice with and she appreciated Wood when he took the time to teach them outside of regular practice but she couldn't help but miss the weightless feeling when she chased after the twins as well as the comfort of knowing they would never dare let her slip.

"You have got to eat something,"
"I don't want anything."
"Just a bit of toast." Hermione urged
"I'm not hungry." Harry replied

Aria moved her food aimlessly around the plate.
"Not you too." Hermione groaned grabbing Aria's attention she shook her head quickly and popped a sausage into her mouth giving Hermione a sarcastic smile causing Hermione to briefly look away focusing her attention back to Harry.

Yet, Aria felt as if she was going to puke from nerves. So she excused herself swallowing her food down and trailed onto the field, she walked to the stands and plopped down on the cold metal that overlooked the arena. She threw her bag down next to her and pulled out a book, Quidditch Through The Ages.

As her eyes scanned the book she didn't even notice the presence next to her.
"Nervous?"
Aria stiffened at the voice but was quick to relax with an exhale of breath shaking her head as she flipped a page not lifting her eyes from the source.
"Not at all." she lied.

"You know," George drilled on "I was nervous my first game too if i'm being completely honest, then again I didn't have the natural talent like Wood says you do so you better kick arse today." 
Aria let out a short snort of amusement under her breath. Finally looking up at the weasley twin who raised an eyebrow, a grin spread across his face.
"I'm glad I can still make you laugh, after all this time apart who knew if I still had that ability."
"You will always have that ability Georgie, you must know that."

Comfortable silence fell between the duo as George smiled softly at the response and at the nickname.
"Fred's at breakfast." George informed drifting his gaze to the field.

"I didn't --" Aria began defensively.
"You were thinking about it." George hummed knowingly "I managed to sneak by him when I saw you run out. Wanted to get a feel of the field? Or did you just want to knock in some reading before the big game?"
"Both?" Aria tilted her head unsure. "Not to boost my ego but I think I know everything there is to know about Quidditch, I am a literal human encyclopedia."

"a what?" George asked bewildered causing heat to rise up to Aria's face. In the past, her mother had informed her with muggle world items and history to get a wider background and sometimes she forgot how hard it was to keep the two words apart.
"Never mind." Aria replied rapidly.

The two chatted comfortably until Fred found George rather quickly; but Aria had managed to sneak off down the field and to the castle before he noticed her.

The nervous feeling slowly slipping away as minutes turned into hours and the game approached, fast.
~~
"Okay men," Oliver began as the Gryffindor team stood in the locker room in their scarlet robes.
"and women," Angelina Johnson, another chaser, spoke up winking playfully at Aria who smiled in response.
"and women," Oliver agreed as Aria felt eyes on her so she looked over to see Fred glancing at her, their eyes met for a split second and she looked away to meet Harry who smiled reassuringly at her, which she returned. "This is it."

"the big one," Fred continued.
"the one we've all been waiting for." George added as Aria squinted at the brothers slightly confused.
"We know Oliver's speech by heart" Fred informed the two first years, "we were on the team last year."
"Shut up, you two," Wood ordered. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it." he paused "Or else." "Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you."

As they began to pile out of the room, George was quick to catch up to Aria who smiled briefly at him.
"Good luck." George grinned
"You as well." Aria nodded her eyes glistening.

"Hi." Fred greeted hesitantly causing Aria to notice his presence.
"Hi." she replied awkwardly avoiding eye contact.
"Good luck out there." Fred paused shortly causing Aria to hum.
"You too." she replied dully before rushing quickly through the team to find Harry, they walked out onto the field together to loud cheering.

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you," Hooch began once they all got to their spots.
"Mount your brooms, please."

Breathing out shakily Aria climbed onto her Nimbus Two Thousand while Hood gave a loud blast on her whistle which caused Aria to flinch in surprise before taking off into the air with the other brooms.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor— what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too —"
"JORDAN!"
"Sorry, Professor."

Aria chuckled under her breath at Lee Jordan's commentary as she caught the pass from the other chaser.
"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Ariana Anderson, I see what you see in her mate a girl who knows what she's doing in a sport like this --, " he blew out a short breath of air after his ramble.

Aria brushed off his comment slightly confused and passed the ball back to Angelina, not hearing his sentence being cut off brutally by McGonagall.

Lee continued on, "--Anderson passes the Quaffle back to Johnson and -- no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes — Flint flying like an eagle up there —he's going to sc– no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle — that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and — OUCH —that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger — Quaffle taken by the Slytherins — that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goalposts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger — sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which — nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Anderson is back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes — she's really flying — dodges a speeding Bludger — the goalposts area head — come on, now, Ariana — Keeper Bletchley dives — misses —GRYFFINDOR SCORE!"

The Gryffindor stands erupt in cheers and moans from the Slytherin as Aria swept around to Angelina highfiving her in the process only not to see a bludger coming straight at her. However, Fred was quick to whip towards her and hit it out of the way.
"You alright Ace?" Fred shouted but before Aria could response they were called back to the game so the two swept back towards their positions.

"Slytherin in possession," Lee began, "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the — wait a moment — was that the Snitch?"

At that announcement, Harry was quick to dive for it, the Slytherin Seeker on his tail. Everyone seemed to have stopped what they were doing and watched him speed after the snitch.

Flint then blocked Harry on purpose causing his broom spun off course while Harry held on for dear life.

"Foul!" the gryffindor's screamed furiously to which Hooch ordered a free shot at the goalposts for Gryffindor.

"So — after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating —"  Lee began.
"Jordan!" Professor McGonagall growled
"I mean, after that open and revolting foul —"
"Jordan, I'm warning you —"
"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Anderson, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still inpossession."

"Slytherin in possession — Flint with the Quaffle — passes Johnson —passes Bell — hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose —only joking, Professor — Slytherins score — oh no . . ." Lee continued to ramble while Aria attempted to focus on the game.

It wasn't until murmuring broke out in the stands when Aria finally turned around to see Harry's broom out of control. Within seconds Aria flashed over to the boy.

"What's going on?" Aria asked worriedly as Harry gripped on for dear life.
"I-I don't know!" Harry shouted back which resulted Aria to attempt to fly up and try to pull Harry onto her own broom but the broom jumped higher causing her to curse under her breath. After a few struggling attempts, the twins were soon by her side trying to help Harry get off his broom. But none of them could get near it without it moving. So they dropped lower and circled beneath him, hoping to catch him if he fell.

Soon enough Harry was able to get back on his broom and he was speeding towards the ground, his hand clapped onto his mouth as if he was going to be sick causing Aria to exchange a worried look with the twins. He hit the field and suddenly began to cough, before something fell into his hand.

"I've got the Snitch!" He shouted waving it above his head causing Aria's eyes to widen in surprise.
"He didn't catch it, he nearly swallowed it." Flint corrected irritated as Aria flew down to the slytherin seeker.
"Technically, he did catch it," she piped up causing him to look over at her "with his mouth."

Flint glared at her and swept off quickly in the other direction in a huff causing her to smirk proudly and rush to the ground, landing gently.

A pair of arms wrapped around Aria's neck behind her causing her to turn around shocked only to see Hermione grinning like a dork at her.
"I knew you could do it!"

"Weren't you the one who kept reminding me of the death rates of the game and telling me to tell Oliver I couldn't play because I had a severe disease?"
"well that was when I was worried that you might get hit in the face with a bludger. But after Fred was quick to knock it away from you I released all of your assumptions that you deemed against the twins seemed to be false!"
"Hermione Granger!" Aria scoffed placing a dramatic hand to her chest. "Are you declaring me paranoid? Or worse, a liar?"
Hermione rolled her eyes, "the point is -- all those late--"
"--extremely late,--"
"-- studying sessions, paid off! That and the fact that I set professor snape on fire after he tried to jinx Harry's broom with dark magic."

"I'm sorry, repeat that again?" Aria blinked surprised.
"Ace." Fred piped up from behind the girl as Hermione went to speak.
"I'll leave you two alone." Hermione winked before turning on her heels and walking off. Aria turned to face Fred who grinned, "For a beginner you did good out there. Besides almost getting hit in the face."
Aria rolled her eyes, "I told you I knew what I was doing."
"Really?" Fred hummed "because George mentioned to me that you seemed exceptionally nervous for this game."
Aria crossed her arms squinting at him, "Yet I seemed to score in the beginning of the game." Aria paused sighing noticing the expression on Fred's face, "thanks to you. So thank you."

"I guess we are better as a team then we are fighting by ourselves."
"I suppose so," Aria agreed.
"So in an interesting choice of words, I'm assuming this is you apologizing?"
"You assume correct, Ace." Fred smiled "I am sorry."
"Apology accepted, redzee."

"Redzee?" Fred repeated a short laugh after it "Is that a ginger joke?"
"Hey! If you can call me 'ace' I should get a nickname for you!"
"No way! You'll abuse the nickname!"
"Like you don't abuse ace?"
"Nice to see you two are talking again." George interjected they both looked at George for a split second before continuing to bicker about nicknames.
~~
After the game, the quartet met up and they briefly explained to Aria what they had learned at Hagrids about a man named, Nicolas Flamel and about the three headed dog named fluffy. That Hagrid had spilled about.

Shortly after that, Christmas came around the corner rapidly. Aria was not looking forward to going home to the Malfoy's for break, the one thing she was looking forward to was seeing her mother again -- thats what kept her spirits up.

Returning to the Malfoy manor was just as dreadful as Aria had pictured, but when she was reunited with her best friend again that feeling was replaced with happiness as she hugged her mother in joy.

They exchanged stories and adventures along with presents and shared their Christmas together as planned.

Later in the evening, Aria sat in her bedroom on her bay window. Her room was as clean as how she left it; her bed on one side of the room and her mothers on the other. Like no one even stepped inside. The only thing that was slightly scattered was her mother's belongings, but even those were nicely placed around.

Aria began to unwrap her presents from her friends, that she had gotten before she left.

Ron had gotten her some chocolate frogs and other sweets that was quick to plop into her mouth giving a satisfied him along with it. With the gift was a short note from him that was scribbled messily down informing her that the sweater that she was given was a weasley tradition, and that he didn't know how his mother knew about her and that the fudge was an advantage and extremely good. He apologized frantically as if he was embarrassed but this only caused Aria to chuckle and shake her head before unwrapping the sweater which happened to be a light blue color. She rubbed her hand over the fabric smiling at the soft texture before setting aside and making a mental note to write a thank you letter to Ron's mother later for the kind gesture.

Hermione had gotten her new quills and two different types of editions about charms, with a note scribbled on a piece of paper tucked inside -- so that she wouldn't have to write on the book -- stating, in case you happen to space out in class again.

George had gotten her some a prank package and a short detailed map of all the escape exits of Hogwarts. 

Harry had gotten her a moving picture of her scoring at the game as well as a few sweets.

Which only left one more, Fred, he had gotten her a thin simple gold chain bracelet with a pattern of plain symbols in the order of, a small gold heart, a bright small star, and another sliver small heart. Then a jewel of some sort which Aria couldn't place her finger on the name; yet looked stunningly beautiful. And lastly, a larger red heart with a gold outline.

As she picked the bracelet out of the box carefully, she let it rest in her hands delicately her breath hitched in her throat as she blinked stunned at it.

Never had she gotten something in her life, that looked so beautiful, she almost didn't know what to do with it.

Swallowing she hesitantly picked up the note scanning over it.

Dear Ace,
This may come to a surprise to you but I've become quite entranced with you. I've only known you for a few months yet you seem to have redirected my brother and I's life for the better. You are our muse Ace. So, it was only deem that I find a gift that fits that representation of how we feel about you. How grateful we are for you.

This bracelet is not enough to express those words but I think they become pretty close. Not to mention I think it will go good with those Quidditch robes, as perhaps a good luck charm? Whose to say?

Have a great Christmas,
From,
Fred

Aria let out a breathy chuckle as she sniffled in delight, she hooked the bracelet around her wrist and observed it. She grabbed one of the books Hermione gave her and opened the fudge Mrs. Weasley made her and began to enjoy her presents. The feeling of immense glee never leaving her as her heart swelled of admiration in her chest.

[edited: yes! (10/08/20)]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.7K 54
Beatrice Rose Black; a name that provoked enigma. A fierce Gryffindor who has a past that she wants to change desperately. Being the daughter of Regu...
37K 829 29
"๐ผ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, ๐น๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘’!" Y/N and Fred have been best friends since Fred's second year. They've been shoving their feelings fo...
1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
46K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...