Living Together?! | Mark Lee

By hardjunguwu

[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 (END)

Chapter 28

27.3K 800 1K
By hardjunguwu

Your ears ring and your head pounds once your eyes open and catch a glimpse of the sunlight blinding you from the window. The back of your head thrashes heavily as if someone had knocked you upside the head repeatedly and you can't help but groan loudly at the painful headache.

Lifting your body up, you scan the room. It was hard to recall how you got here or what happened. Last thing you remember was Ms. Lee leaving and...

Your mind goes blank. You can't remember anything.

Why is that?

"Oh, you're awake." Mark says as he invites himself in the room.

"Yeah... Can you tell me what happened last–"  You look up at him only to be stunned by his striking appearance. "Night..."

You thought your bad headache was making you see things, but no, all this in front of you is real.

Mark's runs his fingers through his wet hair that was sticking to his forehead. His grey sweats hang loosely around his hips. Even better, he's not wearing a shirt. His skin glistens and you can't tell if he's just sweating or shining.

The more you stare the more you question yourself; Has he always been that muscular? He works out?

You never noticed his brawny back and his toned abs. Even when you had sex, you didn't notice it. Maybe because you were too blinded by desire to realize.

"Holy shit." The words escape your mouth unconsciously.

"I just got out the shower, but I wanted to give you this real quick." He moves closer to you, placing something in the palm of your hand.

It was pills.

"This isn't Viagra, is it?" You tease and it only makes smirk.

"Only if you want it to be, princess." He says jokingly and you grow edgy.

You glance down at the two small pills in your hand, holding the back of your pounding head. It only meant one thing.

"Did I drink?" You grunt, cursing yourself under your breath.

"Yes, you did," He exhales, pursing his lips. "You did the most weird things drunk. You even broke something valuable."

Slapping a hand to your face, you whimper, thinking of what possibly you could have done that would have been so humiliating and to cause you trouble.

"What did I do?" Your voice is basically a whisper.

Mark sucks in a breath, stuffing his hands in his pockets which causes his sweats to go lower than needed. You like your lips instinctively, waiting for an answer.

"You broke my mom's wine glasses," He hisses as a breath. "She treasures those as if it were her babies. She'll definitely be pissed."

"I'm so dead." You bury your face between your hands.

"That's not all," He chuckles. "You did something to me."

"Was it bad?" You remove your hands slowly to peak at him.

He glares down at you, his tongue grazing his bottom lip. "Not really."

"What did I do?" You ask, feeling somewhat relieved.

"It's nothing important actually."

"Really...?"

"Actually..." He suddenly leans forward and you become flustered. "I think I should punish you."

Your throat feels dry and you gulp. Mark giggles at your expression, his eyes beaming down at you and you never knew how someone could be so cute. You wonder the same thing about Sana and Jungwoo.

"I'm kidding," He says, a slight giggle leaving his lips. "But really, it's not important."

"Now, I'm curious."

"You'll live."

You cross your arms, pouting as he exits the door. Something you did wasn't so bad that Mark didn't even care that you did it... But what was that you did?

It's like he left you on a cliffhanger and all you want is to find out more.

You'll find out.

💐💐💐💐💐

Mark's mother enters the house, hurriedly fixing her messy hair and pulling down her skirt. She didn't return home last night and the fact she was returning now in late evening made her son scoff.

"Where were you last night?" Mark interrogates his mother as she enters the kitchen, adjusting her skirt.

"Errands." She sighs.

"Yeah, sleeping with some random guy is totally running errands," He compresses his lips and nods, popping a potato chip in his mouth. "Was it fun?"

It was all a misunderstanding. She actually was running errands and doing her side jobs at her office. She just happened to fall asleep their, but if she told him the truth, she knew he wouldn't believe in her or words.

He never does.

"Listen," She commands, putting her bag down on the counter. "I don't sleep with random men anymore."

"Oh, so you get to know them first and then fuck 'em?"

"Watch your mouth." She warns, staring up at him.

"Why are you such a–"

Before he could add on, she places her firm slap across his face. His breathing becomes uneven, staring the opposite direction as his mother.

It stings.

Not only his cheek, but his chest as well. He always had this grudge against his mother to the point he couldn't trust or talk to her. Pretty soon he just ended up pretending as if she didn't even exist.

"As if you're any different!" She huffs out. "You think I don't know about you sleeping around?"

"And I know you're fucking those guys down at your office!"

"I don't and you know that!" She shouts back.

"Actually, I don't," He scoffs. "This is why he left us, isn't it?"

"Mark, don't you dare blame that on me!"

Her eyes teary as her son turns his back on her. She grits her teeth, heels clicking rapidly while she catches up with him. In a instant, she's grabbing him by the arm and forcing him to meet her eyes.

"Minhyung, look at me when I'm talking to you!" She cries out.

"Don't call me that!"

You enter the house with Jungwoo and from outside you could hear the two argue. Stepping inside quietly, you grasp Jungwoo by the arm, trying to sneak him upstairs quietly without interrupting the conversation.

"C'mon, Jungwoo." You whisper, dragging him towards the stairs and he only removes your grip to poke his head in the kitchen.

"No, I love drama." He smiles, watching the scene in front of him escalate.

You puff out, standing behind him and peeking out yourself.

Mark smacks his mother's hand away, rage fueling. His face becomes flushed and his eyes water. He didn't like fighting with his mom, but everytime it always ends up mentioning his father which upsets him. He hasn't seen his father since he was little and growing up was hard without a father figure around.

He's seen his mother with many men for her to get rid of her pent-up stress and frustrations. And when he got older, he did the same. Using girls for his personal reasons.

Since his mother had been with many men, Mark found it hard trusting most guys. Like when he met his best friend, Jaemin, they surprisingly hit it off pretty well. Also, his other friends as well. It was hard for him to come around at first.

When he first saw Jungwoo, he didn't react to it really well, but learned to grow used to him around later since he comes over almost everyday. But when he first saw your father, he was uncomfortable as hell. He was disgusted and he had that six sense that something was not right.

It was difficult to trust most men.

When he was little, his father was everything to him. He wanted to be just like him. Now, he blames his mother for taking that all away from him and it wasn't even her fault. They had trust issues between them. They knew the marriage couldn't possibly continue and decided to get a divorce.

After the separation, his father didn't even care that she got custody of him. He didn't bother to keep him on weekends or spend some time with him. He cut off all communication with him and his ex wife.

Instead of arguing with his mother right now, he chose to stay and at least try to work things out. The more he thought about the past, the more the pieces came together.

He remembered what you said.

Talk to her.

"Mark," She corrects herself. "We separated for a good reason. It isn't nobody's fault."

"I understand that it's just..." He chokes on a sob, coughing to prevent him from crying.

He doesn't cry. He hasn't cried in forever. So much restrained vexation he kept hidden for so long.

Her orbs soften, watching him break down like this. She pulls her son into her embrace, holding him tightly.

"You miss him," She finishes his sentence. "I miss that bastard as well."

You sigh in relief, tugging at Jungwoo's jacket. "We've seen enough, let's go."

Jungwoo shudders. You turn your head to the side, looking at him as he sheds a few tears.

"Are you freaking crying?" You shout in a whisper.

"What kind of K-drama is this?" He whimpers. "It's so sad."

You choke on a laugh, hugging him on his side and directing him away from the emotional scene in the kitchen.

💐💐💐💐💐

"Here, catch." Jungwoo announces, throwing something towards as he enter your room.

You catch the item swiftly in the palm of your hands, scrutinizing the small, white bottle in your hand.

"I thought you went down stairs to get snacks." You look up at him and he shrugs, sitting down in a chair across the room.

"I had a talk with Ms. Lee."

"About..?"

"Nothing much..." He grins, suddenly pointing to the object in your hand. "She just told me to give you that."

Looking down at the item in your hand, you turn it around. Once reading the label, you gasp, shooting your eyes up to meet Jungwoo's. He has this wide smirk on his face and can't help but giggle at your expression.

"Kim Jungwoo–"

"Yes, darling?" He asks innocently, fluttering his eye lashes.

"What is this?"

"I have no idea what you're talking." He pouts, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Jungwoo, why did you give me this?" You slightly raise your voice, causing him to sit up a bit.

"For your health," He sounds somewhat sincere, trying to hold back a laugh. "Love you."

"I don't want it."

"Just take it."

"I don't want this!" You throw them back to him. "What am I supposed to do with it?"

"Take them, idiot!" He throws them back to you.

"You take them!" You say, giving it back to him.

"Last time I checked, I'm a male. So these are for you. Enjoy!" He gives them back

"But why do I need birth control pills?"

"She said a girl your age might need them. You never know." He giggles. "Take them once a day."

"But why?" You whine.

"Something about teenagers these days being young and freaky."

Sorry for the late update. This chapter was basically just a little background information on Mark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.3K 17
"You should probably close the blinds while you're changing." 7 Degrees Collection • 2019
284K 12K 81
❝miss those days when you were always right beside me.❞
41.6K 1.1K 11
"a little jealousy never hurt anybody" MarkHyuck book one © NE0TECHS 2018
77.6K 2.2K 55
They meet after 10 years have passed. Just how much have they changed? Highest ranking: #1 nctfanfic (x3~) #1 nctff (x3~) #1 mark !! #1 marklee #1...