A players game (Raura)

By latenight_writer

A Player's Game (Unedited) Laura- Never been in love but have made-out with a couple of guys, doesn't believe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Part 1
Chapter 13 part 2
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue + Reasons

Chapter 6

3.8K 169 31
By latenight_writer

Laura Pov

I sat in the diner watching the window as the rain poured on people, while I drank hot chocolate. It was oddly it hardly ever rained in California but I guess even the sun needs a break sometimes. I watched as my whip cream melted away with the heat of my chocolate.

I use to come to this diner with my parents when I little, we could come for the music and burgers they were amazing. I loved coming here on rainy days, they would only play classic music like Queen or the beatles. My dad and I would sing “All you need is love” to mom and she would cheer us on along with the whole diner. I felt nice being here alone it’s where I come to relax and write sometimes.

“hey there’s a phone I could use. My car broke down.” I heard a voice speaking to waiter.

I looked up and saw a mop of blonde hair completely soaked from the rain. I giggled as he shivered.

“Sorry, our phone hasn’t worked in ages.” He said.

“Fine. I get a hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows.” He said sitting down across with his back to me.

“Coming right up.”

“You know there’s this thing called a cell phone.” I said sipping my chocolate.

“Well mine happened to run out of battery if you must ...know.” He said now looking at me.

“Marano? what you doing here?” he said.

“What’s it look like I’m doing? I’m sipping hot chocolate.” I said crossing my arms laughing.

“I can see that, but what you doing across town? don’t you usually just hang at the Mall.” he said sitting down at my table across from me. His shoes squeaked with every step he made.

“I’ll have you know I’ve coming here since I was five years old. Plus I don’t always hang out the Mall. What about you?” I said.

“Car broke down.” He said playing with his marshmallows.

“hmhm.” I took any drink of my chocolate, The diner started playing “All you need is love” and started humming. Ross just stared at me.

“What?” I asked.

“You like the beatles?” He said surprised.

“Uh yeah! One of the greatest bands in history... hello.” I said.

“I just would have never pegged you as a music lover much less, a good taste in music.” He said.

“They were greatest band of all time along with Queen. This was back when music actually had meaning not the stuff artist are coming with now especially that auto-tune shit.”

“Wow good taste in music and extremely right.” He said.

“Surprised?”

“Yeah hence my shocked face.” he said and laughed.

We spent the last 45 minutes talking about music and sharing opinions about it. I am surprising having a good time. That is up until now.

“Rossy, what coincidence running you here.” Chelsea said with a huge grin on her face and slamming her hands on the table in process as she completely blocked my face with her body.

‘Rossy wtf’ I questioned myself to the name.

“Chelsea” Ross said awkwardly.

“what are you doing here?” he said to her as he moved his face away hers because she was leaning a bit too close.

“I passing by when I saw your car in parking area and decided to see if you needed anything, since you’re not busy, obviously. She said distastefully as she rolled her eyes at me but quickly looked back at Ross.

“I’m right here you know.” I said crossing my arms.

‘Ugh whatever’ she mumbled.

Ross noticed our slight conversation if that’s what you can call it. And after being right up against the booth wall, he turned his gaze to me and an unusual grin formed on his face it was like he had an idea.

“Actually I am busy.” He said, where is he going with this?

Chelsea looked confused and quite frankly I was too a bit

“What you mean you’re busy? I don’t see-”

“I’m busy with, laura here.” He said.

“And what could possible be so interesting and important doing with her than being with me?” She said glaring at me and becoming angry at Ross.

“Well” He started and move her hands out the way and reached over for mine. He held my hands tightly and slide his thumb across my knuckles in a circular motion, warming up my surprising cold small hands with his. I watched him carefully and looked down our now intertwined hands and then back at him.

“We are... on date.” He said I looked at him with wide-eyes as looked in Chelsea’s direction waiting for reaction at his newly formed sentence.

3..2..1

“WHAT!” She yelled throughout the whole diner, making everyone stop what they were doing and look at us. You could she the fume coming out of her ears and her nostrails flare up in anger as her eyes became very dark. She looked back at me, wanting to kill me with a simple blink of an eye.

This wouldn’t a first time she’s stared at me intently and with this much anger, it was no surprise to me.  I gave her a small (smirkish) smile.

“So this is why wouldn’t go out with me, because you had a date with her?” She screamed.

“Yes. Now do you mind leaving us alone?” Ross said calmly.

“Fine.” She huffed out. Her gaze came towards my direction and she leaned down closely to my ear and said

“This isn’t over Marano. Better watch your back.” She whispered to me.

She Stated her last words to Ross and I she accidently spilled my water onto my plate.

“Enjoy your date.” She smiled fakely and left the diner in fury.

Once she was gone, Ross quickly let go of my hands.

“Sorry about that, but she’s been a real pain in my ass this week and I need her to go away.”

“Thanks for playing along with it.” He said looking at back me with a small smile and then at my now soggy food plate.

“No problem” I said as I motioned for someone to bring me the check for my food.

“Uh if you want I could get new a plate?” He said shyly.

“Nah it’s okay. I’m leaving anyway.” I said getting up and grabbing my things.

“Need a ride since its still raining?” I asked.

“Sure thanks. I’ll just pay and we can go.” He said walking over to registary and paying for our food.

---

Ross Pov

Queen Bee Marano, I mean laura offered to give me a ride home. The drive back felt pretty short since we spend most of the time moving our heads to songs played on by the radio, this had been the first time I felt there was something more than to our teasing.

She pretty interesting once she’s not acting like a total drama queen or teasing me, she was kind of growing on me. :)

We were parked on drive away sitting in silence listening to rain drops hitting against the windows. We sat there stealing glances from one another like our breaths be the only thing to make a sound, she finally decided to break the peaceful silence with an awkward and long ‘So’

I chuckled at her awkwardness, I found it funny and cute adorable.

wait what?

“So...”

“So..” I said mocking her actions not knowing what to say.

“Um thanks for the ride home.” I said scratching the back of neck shyly.

“your welcome. And thanks for taking me out on a date.” She said giggling and sending me a wink. I stared at her in confusion for second and then I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of pink as remembered as towards what she was referring too.

“oh yeah... thanks for playing along.” I said.

“I guess I owe you one.” I glanced at her, she smiled. I saw a glimmering spark in her eyes as if she had an idea. She didn’t say anything but nod her head. I pursed my lips together and nodded back, I shifted my body to the right and put my hand on the door getting ready to open it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder making me turn and look back. She seemed a bit nervous but at the same time she was still smiling.

“I wanna ask you something.” She said quietly while the right side of my body was outside the car getting wet. I signaled for her to continue.

She had trouble getting out the words at first and played with her fingers, her pretty white face showed that she was a somewhat anxious but was still trying to hide it with a smile. I examined her face as her lips moved, taking a mental note at how the words she was forming with mouth showed off her nice peraly white teeth. Or how her pink lips were forming a smile but the edge of her teeth were biting down on small of edge of it.

Soon I noticed that her lips stopped moving and that teeth were no longer being showed because her mouth was now closed but lips were still closed together making a smile. I looked up at her eyes and they were still shining but they seemed to have gotten bigger in the last minute. Then I realized she had asked me a question, I totally blocked out her voice when I was studying her face.

“what you say?”

She took in a deep breath as if she wasn’t bit completely sure of what she was going to say. Her mouth moved again and this time I made sure to pay attention. I listen to words forming into sentence, made into a question. But she said next, made my brain stop working and left my body in shock. I looked at her one more time making sure that I heard her correctly as it took sometime for my brain to process what she said.

Yet, my body made no intention of moving and mouth was at a loss for words. But her voice repeated in my head what she said.

“Will you go on a date with me?”

COMMENT/ VOTE

Here it is guys. I might make the next chapter semi-short but after that, the game has begun and you guys are in for interesting treat.

Also, sad news for guys I start school in a couple of hours. Updates on all my stories are going to be slowish after this week I believe if not sooner; but I will post “complications+benefits= friendship” first chapter sometime this week.

So.. leave your thoughts on this chapter/ story.

Thanks for reading I think I’m almost at 600 reads! AMAZING! lets see how many we get after this chapter, I shooting for 650 reads but if you can top that, that be AWESOME.

WELL BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857 96 13
[HORROR/THRILLER/DARK ROMANCE] The Styles. Just mentioning them made people swoon. Marie is no different. The sight of even one of them had her blush...
14.1K 822 96
I enjoy the silence. Its so loud in my life now... THIS STORY CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT, VOLIENCE , BLOOD AND SUICIDE TALK. AND SEXUAL ASSAULT TALKS W...
110K 2.6K 27
{COMPLETED} Emily Richwood is a 16-year-old girl who is trying to find her real father's whereabouts after being abused by her own mother. After succ...
77.3K 2.5K 28
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...