HER QUEST-Magic In The Blood

Por sonal0696

All her life she longed for a family. A complete family. But life had a quest for her. After losing her mo... Más

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Author's Note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 17

13 2 0
Por sonal0696

The next day, Sonia got up a bit early and decided to make breakfast. Clearly, Aunt Carol was not a morning person and well, both Ian and Uncle Jamey loved to eat. She thought as she smiled while she mixed the batter for pancakes. She loved to cook.

Uncle Jamey was the first to come in the kitchen sniffing funnily.

"What's cooking?" He asked then gave a hoot of excitement when he saw the pancakes sizzling, "There's my girl," he squeezed Sonia in an one hand hug, making her smile hugely at him, and poured himself a cup of coffee.

He went over and took a seat just as she picked up a few pancakes and placed the dish in front of him with his newspaper. James just rubbed his palms and then drenched the cakes with maple syrup. Taking a big bite, he exclaimed, "Wow! Now this is what I call breakfast. Girl, you are amazing. And your cooking is fan-yummy-tastic. Marry me, my love!" He said and stuffed another forkful in his mouth.

Sonia let out a quick laugh at that just as Aunt Carol entered, "Just whom do you think you are getting married Jameson? I am still alive here."

"Oh! Just eat this! Sonia made these," James pulled her down to the seat beside him and fed her a bite.

Her eyes went wide as she tasted it. She got up and took Sonia's hands in both of her's, "Why can't you be a guy? I would have happily left Jameson for you."

Sonia smiled, "No need to leave Uncle Jamey. I am here. You will have the most fan-yummy-tastic breakfast as often as I can make it'" she squeezed her hands. Caroline just hugged her and kissed her cheeks. She knew how much she longed for a girl of her own and Sonia made her feel as if she was her own child.

They all settled down to a quiet meal. Ian came in after a few minutes grumpy from his lack of sleep. He frowned as the smell hit his nose, "Mom? You made pancakes?" he asked looking down at his plate as Caroline served him the food. He took a bite but stayed quiet, frowning at his mom. Caroline just raised her eyebrows, "What?" she asked.

"You made this?" he asked disbelief in his voice.

"You think I made it?" she retorted.

His eyes widened as realization hit him. He jumped up from his seat and kneeled down in front of Sonia, "Thank You so much my love. I promise, I will never hurt you, I will always protect you from any harm, and I will even eat the tuna casserole you make," he scrunched up his face at that.

Everyone burst out laughing at that but Ian swallowed feeling uneasy as he felt a little honesty in his own words.

***
Second lecture was Economics. Sonia settled in her seat as Eric's friends came in but not him. The lecture started.

Halfway through, Eric came rushing in.

"Sorry Sir. The car broke."

The professor nodded and waved him inside. Eric came over and settled in his seat besides Sonia.

Sonia watched him as he breathed heavily looking down at the desk. The professor carried on with his notes as the class settled back.

"Are you okay?" she asked after a while in a hushed whisper.

When he didn't reply, she put her hand on his arm. He looked at her hand and turned to face her.

"Are you alright?" she asked again. He shook his head in answer. She frowned at his reply making him sigh. He opened his mouth but the professor was busy with the percentages, so he simply got out his book and scribbled something on her and shuffled it to her.

She looked at his phone number on the paper.

"Give me a ring," he whispered at her questioning look.

She frowned at his profile. He was acting strange today. And why did he want her to call him? She shrugged at the thoughts and got back to taking notes, letting the paper stay where it was on the desk.

The bell rang off indicating the end of the lecture. Sonia got up, not taking the paper with her. She was nearly out of the class when Eric stopped her.

"Hey! You sure you memorised my number?"

She glared at him and all his amusement faded out of his eyes. She turned back to leave but he stopped her again; "Can't we be friends?"

Ignoring him, she walked out of the class. She was looking down as she walked and bumped into a wall.

Sonia stumbled back but the wall steadied her. She looked up the wall of muscles, up to see the face of Emm. He held her but his eyes were busy shooting daggers at Eric who had followed her out. Sonia looked at Eric to see him killing Emm with his eyes.

Suddenly, Emmett growled. A low, but vicious growl. Frightened by his feral behaviour, Sonia placed her hand on his chest, "Emm?" She whispered.

Instantly, his eyes snapped to hers. His eyes were black as they focused on her. He blinked and they were back to normal again. Smokey green. Sonia frowned. Was she imagining things?

"Stay away," Emm snarled at Eric and grabbing Sonia's hand, pulled her away.

***
By the time, college was over, Sonia had discarded the turning of Emm's eyes as her overactive imagination.

They returned home and she was super excited. Her editor had scheduled to call her today. She always looked forward to these calls. Giving Ian a break, she grabbed a protein bar from the kitchen and dashed upstairs.

After taking a quick shower, and changing into some comfies, she plopped down on the chair and waited for the call.

When Ian passed by, he heard some noise from her room. Shaking his head and refraining himself from going in there again, he stuffed his wallet in back pocket and continued downstairs.

He was shrugging on his jacket when Sonia shot down the stairs. She managed to come to a halt directly in front of him.

"You won't believe it!" She exclaimed, jumping.

Ian looked at her frowning, her eyes spilling with excitement. When she didn't stop even as he raised his brows in question, he solved the problem by merely grasping her arms and bringing her to a stop.

"Are you alright?" He asked puzzled by her behaviour.

"My editor called. And do you know what he said?" She waited a bit, but didn't let him answer, "Oh! How would you know! But you won't believe it!" She managed to break free of his hold and began her dancing again.

Ian merely took a breath to quell his rising temper and shouted, "Cut it out Sonia!"

Instantly she stopped at the boom in his voice.

"Now, sweetheart, tell me what is it that I won't believe?" He mimicked her expression on the last part.

She beamed, "Ian, I am getting promoted from a ghost writer to a columnist. So now I am not only technically but also officially A WRITER!" She took hold of his hands as she said the last part.

Ian cocked his head, letting the words to sink in, "Are you serious?" He asked.

She squeezed his hands, "Yes, yes! Oh, I told you, you won't believe me."

Ian shook his head, "I really can't believe." But he engulfed her in a hug, lifting her off the floor, as she too returned the gesture. Still beaming with joy, he picked her up and twirled her around. He laughed, joining her musical laughter, as they both twirled around in the foyer.

When he placed her down, she took hold of his hands, "I have to tell the others!"

***
Everyone else's reaction was nearly the same. Aunt Katie got tears in her eyes while Aunt Cassie nearly dropped her beautiful bowl she had just finished making. Dim tossed her high in the air making her squeal like a little girl and Emm nearly crushed her ribs whilst giving her his huge trademark hug. Gage vowed his eternal love to her and also declared her as his very own literature expert. And Jake just hugged her, swaying in the act slightly with her, pressing his lips to her crown until she thought she actually felt all his warmth radiating to her heart. Aunt Carol brought home Sonia's favourite choco-chip ice cream while her uncles pampered her with love she imagined a father felt for his daughter.

And just that very evening, as she sat on the couch in the library, the bowl of ice cream in her hand, laughing at Uncle Jack's silly bickering with his brother while her Uncle Jamey kept his arm around her shoulders, she realised what it felt to have the love of a father in one's life.

***
The next few days passed by in a blur. She was busy completing her work to be submitted on time. Eric did not appear for the lecture. And Ian seemed to be super annoyed at something the boys had been planning. She had caught them a couple of times whispering like conspirers but when asked she was told it was their secret and was nothing that would interest her. So she had dropped it. But curiosity was eating at her.

Hitting the button to save the completed article, Sonia rubbed her eyes. She switched off the laptop and got up from the chair by her desk. Idly, she picked up her phone and checked the time. It was 2:25 am. She looked up her bed, but didn't feel the need to go over and snuggle up in the covers to cozy land. A sense of uneasiness balled up in her gut. Quickly, gauging the time, she texted her friend in India. Satisfied, when she replied in her usual I-hate-mornings way, she got up and went to the washroom. She splashed some water on her face and patting it dry, she made her way to the kitchen to while away some time.

Without turning on the lights, Sonia got out the carton of milk from the fridge and pouring herself a mug, placed it to heat in the microwave. As she waited, she peeked out of the window over the sink and her eyes widened.

The full moon washed everything in its white light. The garden looked as if something out of a fairytale while the woods beyond gave an aura of being ambiguous. Sonia was so mesmerised by the beauty of the moment that the ping of the microwave made her jump. Laughing at herself, got out her mug and decided to sit on the back porch.

Once settled on the stairs, her back resting against the balustrade, she sipped the milk and took in the serenity.

She was nearly asleep when she saw a shadow pass through the trees. Squinting her eyes, she leaned a bit forward, and there! She saw it again. Not believing herself, she rubbed her eyes and sniffed at the milk in her mug. She conceded it being a trick of the night but suddenly realised with a jolt that it could be some wild animal. Gasping, eyes wide, she scrambled backwards and made her way inside the kitchen.

Once inside, she shut the window and pressed her face to the glass to see clearly. A few moments passed as she waited, and then there it was again. A dark figure came by the rear of the garden. She squinted, unable to see properly.

Cursing at the sink, she pulled a chair and climbed up and over the sink. The dark creature or whatever it was kept moving near the house and when it neared the back porch, it changed its direction and walked to its right. Sonia watched as it came directly in front of the kitchen window and stopped. She gasped as she finally recognised the creature.

It was a gigantic wolf. A wolf with inky fur shining in the moonlight. Or was the colour black? Sonia wondered in a far away part of her mind. It cocked it's head towards the window and Sonia quickly sunk low hiding herself. After a few heartbeats, she peeked back but it was gone. Frowning, she looked to left and right but it had vanished. She was climbing down from her perch when she noticed someone coming towards the porch.

Quickly, she got down and sank away in the shadows. The knob turned and she gulped down the panic rising in her throat. The door opened slowly. A booted feet came into view and then the other as the person came inside.

Sonia looked up, the long jean clad legs, then the dark jacket covering a dark t-shirt which covered a wall of muscles, one hand holding her mug of milk and then up and at the arrogant and frowning face of Ian.

Anger washing away the fear she had felt before, she got up from her hunkered down position, "You frightened me!" She accused.

Ian jolted at her sudden explosion but was quick to mask his expression, "Oh, so this' your's." He placed the mug on the table and smiled at her, "It's dangerous to be out there at night. Wild animals come out of the woods of'en you know."

At his words, her anger dissolved into worry, "That's what I want to tell you." She went to him and grabbed his hand, "I saw something. You should not have gone out."

Ian narrowed his eyes and cocked his head, "What? What did ye see?"

"I-" but she stopped and dropped his hand, "It's no use. You'll laugh at me." She hanged her head, looking down.

Ian let out a breath and put his hands on her shoulders, "No sweetie, I won't." He turned her face up to look at him, "Promise. I won't. Now what did you see?"

She took a breath and decided to go with his words, "A wolf," she blurted, "A black wolf. Right outside the window," she closed her eyes for a second and thought he doesn't believe me, as his expression remained the same.

"I swear! It was right outside the window. I saw something and came inside and moments later, it walked right up to the back porch. Then it came over here," she rushed over to the window to show him the spot, "And I was right over here and-" She stopped as Ian chuckled and turned to glare at him, "I am not making it up Ian."

"A question. Why were you sitting in the sink?" Ian asked, amusement shining brightly in his eyes.

Sonia felt blood rush to her face, "Erg, I didn't exactly sat in the sink. I just don't know when I climbed up."

Seeing her stammer and embarrassed at herself, Ian walked to her and put his hands on her shoulders again, "It is okay, Sonia. There are beasts in the woods. It's normal to see one. Nothing to worry about." He squeezed her shoulders lightly.

She raised her head to look at him and offered a little smile. He returned it with one of his own. She frowned then, "But what were you doing outside? You should not be careless like that!"

"Erg," Ian let his hands fall away from her shoulders, "I was just at Gage's. We were erg, sort of pla - hanging out," he quickly amended.

Sonia narrowed her eyes at him but let it go, "Be careful. What if it had saw you? It could have hurt you!"

Ian smiled at her caring nature and then smirked, "My! You do worry for me, sugar!" He drawled.

At the word sugar, instantly Sonia's eyes lit up with anger, "I hate it when you call me that."

"And that's why I love calling you that. Sugar!" He winked.

Sonia let out an exasperated breath and pushed past him. She went to her room and stormed over to her bed, dropping down and huffing at Ian's arrogance as she pulled the covers over herself. Almost instantly, she fell asleep. She didn't even notice Ian opening the door and switching off the lights. Still smiling.

***
Sonia woke up the next day and as usual made coffee for others and tea for her Aunt, alongside breakfast. Ian was the first to come and he seemed to be dancing in his mind all the while.

When they left the house together, he had a skip in his gait.

"What happened to you?" Sonia asked, unable to control herself, "You are never in such a great mood in the morning. Not that you are in a good mood anytime of the day, but who's looking!" She snorted.

"Well, why not? It's Friday!" He grinned at her as he flung an arm over her shoulders and began whistling as he more or less dragged her under his weight.

No matter how much he irritated her, she couldn't ignore this frivolous self of him and giving in, she too got up her sunny side for Friday.

The lectures went by slower than usual. Sonia guessed it was because of everyone's anticipation for the first weekend. She didn't have Economics today so she didn't see Eric. However, she caught him a few times staring at her from across the corridors in the time between lectures.

Her last lecture was literature. To everyone's chagrin, Ryder - as he insisted his students to call him - gave them an assignment and asked them to submit it Monday. When everyone groaned, including Sonia herself and her term partner Ian, he extended the submission till next Friday.

As the bell rang, Ian took Sonia's hand and headed straight to the parking lot, where the other boys already awaited them. She was ushered inside quickly.

Settling down, she asked, "What's happening? Why are you guys in such a hurry?"

But no one answered. Sonia scoffed at them as the music blasted from the woofers. She vowed not to talk to them. Only when they were nearing Jake's home did she get her answers.

Gage turned to her from his seat in front of her, "Okay. So we have decided that as you are still new here, we will erg- show you some of the local spots and then, um-" as he stammered, Emm cut in, "We decided to celebrate your first week at the college."

Sensing Sonia's question, he replied with a shrug, "Of course in our favourite lounge."

*****

Happy New Year Guys😍😍😘😘
I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead.

I on the other hand had an excitingly mindblowing start to this year just like the last one. 2018 was a wonderful time period with loads of happy memories.

Hope you guys too had a great time. Have fun everyone. And do know that I love you all beautiful people and 'am so very grateful for your support.

Just stay by me always:)

Till we meet again:)

Hey,
Keep voting, sharing and commenting.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

177K 5K 66
brothers. (2021) Fourth Edition (2023) After 12 years of being in foster care, Diana Watson has had enough of the failing system. She is moved into h...
911 121 21
When we talk about limitations, this girl struggles to resist the controversial group of people that surrounds her. Trying to decipher her feelings a...
917 42 30
Anne has had a rough start to life, having experienced abuse in many forms. But after twenty years of marriage to the love of her life, with her two...
1.1K 99 17
It should've been a fun and relaxing vacation... What happens when my newfound friend and I learn that our parents' lives are under a magical spell...