Trying to survive sequal to F...

By Zombiegirl_08

Maxcine and Daryl have been through a lot at this point. Their relationship has seen its good and bad days. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note

Chapter 26

118 3 1
By Zombiegirl_08

Maxcine's P.O.V

I sat down in the house at the hilltop and talked to Colleen. She was caught outside the walls with Gracie. I needed to get to the bottom of this. 

"Why did your dad tell me he found you outside the walls" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" she said.

I looked at her. She is not acting like herself. I nodded.

"Why" I asked.

"Just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you" she said.

I was taken back by all of this attitude shed had. I looked at her and tried to keep my calm.

"If you don't want to talk about it then you are to stay in this room. Do not come out until you are ready to talk" I said.

"Okay" she said and rolled her eyes.

I walked out of the room.  I was to made to talk to her right now. I could not talk to Daryl. He had to go out and find Eugene. He was missing. I walked out of the building and went to sit with Michonne. 

Daryl's P.O.V

I was not happy about leaving again. I needed to be there with my girls. I could tell Max was mad when I pulled up with Colleen. I could only tell her that I found her with Gracie. I wish I co9uld have talked about it more with her. She is doing all this parenting stuff by herself almost. I wanted to help more. I needed to be there.

I was with Aaron and Jesus. We were the ones that could find Eugene the best.

"There's about one hundred-thirty, hundred-forty of them" I said.

"You ever see them do this before" asked Jesus.

"No. Never" said Aaron.

They are just walking like they know what they are doing. It was weird. I suggested that they should get the horses and follow where Rosita prints and take the rest of the way by foot. We don't need our horses to get ate by whatever these are. 

"What about them' asked Aaron.

"What about them" I asked a little cold.

I was not meaning for my words to come out that way. I was not in a good mood.

"They are just milling around. That's not normal" said Jesus.

"No. No it ain't. We should go. There's a storm coming" I said.

I called for Dog and started walking. We do not want to be trapped by these walkers.

Maxcine's P.O.V

After dealing with miss attitude I made sure that the new guests of hilltop was all settled in. They were being checked by Tara which I guess was Jesus' right hand man. Come to find out that he was voted in the new leader of hilltop. I was happy for him. I just would have liked to know from someone that my sister was gone. She did not tell me she was leaving. If it was because of Rick then I don't know what to do. I was doing what I thought was right. I was not trying to make her mad or do something behind her back. I just wanted to help.

"Hey" someone said.

I looked up in shock. It was Tara. She scared me.

"Are you okay" she asked.

"I am just surprised to find out my sister left. I did not get any word about it. Why would she not tell me" I asked.

Tara just looked at me. I knew she was not sure what to say.

"I am sorry. Maybe she needed space. She was not doing good here. It was stressing her out. She will come back around" she said.

I nodded. I should not take my anger out on other people. 

"I am sorry too. I need to watch who I direct my anger towards. You are probably right" I said.

She nodded and showed a small smile. 

"I am going to catch up with Michonne and see how Rosita is" I said.

She nodded. I had to get out of that. I was not trying to share my feelings. I did not like to open up to people. I found Michonne and we went to Rosita.

Daryl's P.O.V

Walking and hearing Aaron and Jesus talking about Jesus taking over the hilltop for Maggie was interesting. I don't know why that Jesus won't suck it up and just be a leader. He is a good person for the job. He know what he is doing. We should put that to the side and focus on Eugene now. We have to find him.

"The hurd is coming for us. The wind is carrying the sound. Let's gets some ground between us and them" I said continuing to walk.

We are trying to watch the herd and move at the same time. They are following us. I was strange. 

"You put that herd around one hundred-forty. Right" asked Jesus.

"Yeah" I said.

"Looks like it is double that now" said Jesus.

"It could be a different herd" said Aaron. 

"They ain't gonna be there very long" I said. 

The timer I put out there to try and distract them was going off. I hope that works. 

"Don't matter how big it is. As long as it goes the other way" I said and walked on.

Maxcine's P.O.V

We made it to Rosita. Michonne, Siddiq, and I sat with her.Michonne and Siddiq still had tension from earlier. I was not in the mood to listen to them. I wanted to leave and go back to Alexandrea. 

"Michonne" I herd Rosita say.

"Just rest" said Siddiq.

"Your okay" I said.

"Where am I" asked Rosita.

"Hilltop" I said.

"Jesus and Aaron found you" said Michonne.

"How long have I been here" asked Rosita.

"A little over a day, but you can take it easy now" said Siddiq.

"No Eugene.  He is still out there" she said.

I saw here face and body movement. She looked like she was freaking out. He was going to be found. We had Daryl, Jesus, and Aaron out there looking.

"We know. There is a group out there tracking him right now" said Michonne.

"Their already out there" asked Rosita.

"Yeah" I said.

"Daryl took Jesus and Aaron olut there. They should be back any minute" said Michonne trying to calm her down.

"I know where he is. I will take you to hm" she said about to jump out of bed.

She threw the covers off of her and almost got out of bed till Siddiq stopped her.

"Rosita stop. Whatever's going on they can handle it" said Siddiq.

"No they can't. They have no idea what they are dealing with" she said getting out of bed. 

I got a bad feeling now. If she is that freaked out, what could be out there.

Daryl's P.O.V

It was dark and there was a storm about to come. The walkers were still acting weird. I needed to find Eugene and get the hell out of here. We found a barn. He was in there. It was dark and he was nowhere to be found in there. Dog found something that could be him. 

"Eugene are you in there"

No answer for a minute. 

"Affirmative" he said.

We dug through the hay and opened the door and helped him out.

"Eugene. you alright"

"I took a bad step and dislocated my knee. There was a herd and Rosita had to stah me here" said Eugene.

"Well if it is dislocated can't we just pop it back in" I asked.

"No. We have to get out of here. The herd that followed us here is on its way back" said Eugene.

"I saw there tracks. They are gone" I said.

"No it's not. It's already been through here twice. It's looking for me. We have to get away before it come back. This wasn't a normal herd" said Eugene.

This herd has got him all messed up. He is shaking in his boots.

"What do you mean" asked Aaron.

When they passed us by, we could hear them. They were whispering to each other" said Eugene.

"You mean they were talking" asked Aaron.

We all shared a look. I could not believe it.

"Rosita heard it to" said Eugene.

"We should get him back" I said.

I was getting darker and we need to avoid this storm. Dog started barking. There was a herd outside.

"No way that's the same herd"

"They got us cut off" I said.

We grabbed Eugene up and started to move. We needed to get out of here now. We went through the back to see if we can get back to the horses.

"This doesn't make any sense. They should not have doubled back like that and should not have followed us to the barn" said Jesus.

"The walkers are evolving" said Eugene.

"Bullshit" I said.

Eugene thinks that they are alive. That their brain is still working. There is no way. I don't think that is possible. 

"That is not any crazier than them being alive in the first place. If they can learn to talk then they can learn strategy and maybe how to hunt" said Jesus.

"They are right on our asses. We have to get to the horses twice as fast" said Aaron.

It was time to move.

"Maybe it is time to leave me behind. I am slowing you down. Everytime we stop the dead get closer" said Eugene.

Is he crazy.

"No we came out here to find you and we are not going home without you" said Jesus.

He is right. It is a waste of time if we leave him out here for the walkers. He is coming.

"You don't have a choice" Eugene tried to argue.

"It is not your call" said Jesus.

We don't have time to stand around and argue about this. We need to mone now.

"The numbers actually work for us. We can split up. You get him back to the horses and I can string them along. Then I can ditch them" said Jesus.

"We are stronger together" said Aaron.

"That does not help us. Our only reality is to avoid a fight" said Jesus.

"No. If anyone stays it gonna be me. Go. Hell I will probably beat you back" I said,

It was time for me to step up. I was gone so long. I barely help out our group. This was on me. This was how I was going to do my part. I have so much lost time to make up for. This was a start to show them I am back and I want to help/ I want to be a team player again. This is how I will show Max and my daughter I am not going anywhere. I also have to do this for me. 

Maxcine's P.O.V

We were on our way to help. Rosita was so convinced that these walkers are different. I believe her. She would not be this freaked out and in a rush if she was lying. 

We got to the graveyard. We helped get the door open for them. We pulled while the others pushed. We got to get them out of there. Magna and her group followed us and started to help. I wanted to be mad but we needed them right now. Jesus sent Aaron to help us. He was fighting by himself. We called for him. He went to stab a walker and the walker moved out of the way and stabbed him. My heart dropped. We all went in and started to fight the herd. Aaron went down and sat by Jesus' dead body. He was crying. I cried too. I sat down beside Aaron and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. We looked up to see Daryl holding a walkers face in his hand. I looked down and seen a human laying there. An actual person. We herd whispering after that. I don't know about this. I think we started something bigger now with these walker people.

Authors Notes

Thank you guys for being so patient with me. I know it has been a while since I updated. The Holidays and school has made me really busy. I am working on something new. It is another walking dead story. This one will be updated while we wait for The Walking Dead to come back on February 10th. Thanks for reading my story and the support. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 613 30
Includes: Negan, Daryl, Rick, Carl, Glenn, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, Simon, Luke, Alden, Henry, Magna, Yumiko, Kelly, Connie, Beth, Michonne and whoeve...
313K 7.7K 54
[Β«my mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some styleΒ»] In which...
28.9K 846 28
Hiraeth: Longing for a home one cannot have or never had. While residing at the farm with Hershel, Rick and Shane find themselves in big trouble in t...
384 9 6
OBLIVION. ❝This was not her DESTRUCTION, this was her BIRTH.❞ book one daryl dixon x oc twd season...