Prodigy & Prophecies ➢ Peter...

By distractedteen

"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter... More

Cast and Introduction
Trailer
"I now had to rewrite destiny."
Chapter I - If Only You Knew
Chapter II - Rumors
Chapter III - My Sister, My Responsibly
Chapter IV - Trust Issues
Chapter V - Skipping the Pleasantries
Chapter VI - Damned Prophecies
Chapter VIII - Love Lies
Chapter IX - To Control the Uncontrolled
Chapter X - "Peter! Ashton! Language!"
Chapter XI - Pride and Prejudice
Chapter XII - Amateur hour
Chapter XIII - Since You've Been Gone
Chapter XIV - The Road to Tash is Paved with Good Intentions
Chapter XV - Who Saved Who?
Chapter XVI - What Happened Yesterday
Chapter XVII - The World has a Different Plan for Us
Chapter XVIII - The Art of Deception
Chapter XIX - A Thousand Times Goodnight
Chapter XX - This is Goodbye
Chapter XXI - The Value of Love
Chapter XXII - Only the Good Die Young
Chapter XXIII - For Narnia and the Fallen
Chapter XXIV - Cair Paravel
Chapter XXV - The Crown
Chapter XXVI - "Your Grace"
Second Book
Author's Note

Chapter VII - Guilty Until Proven Innocent

15.6K 601 478
By distractedteen

╣╠

"But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?"

Little Lion Man

Mumford & Sons

╣╠

Chapter VII – Guilty Until Proven Innocent

╣╠

"You're- you're not going to eat that?" The faun asks weakly pointing to Edmund's left over food, "I'd get up, but my legs..."

Edmund looks down at the lower half of the faun, more specifically the iron chains right above his hooves. His expression first shows shock but quickly moves to guilt.

"Mr.. Tumnus...?" Edmund stumbles out finally in some sort of realization.

I couldn't control my jaw as it dropped open. His epiphany quicky fueled my own as I realized the importance of the faun. He was the one Harlow wanted to protect.

"And you're Lucy Pevensie's brother. She told me about you. This is not how I hoped we would meet though." He says confirming the suspicion, "You have the same nose."

"Woah wait- You're Mr. Tumnus?" I question, barging into their conversation, "The faun that was harboring the human?"

"I will not apologize for keeping the prophecy children safe. Anything to end- How could you know of my involvement? You must be the one that turned me in!" Mr. Tumnus accuses, "For what purpose? I guess it came full circle because here we both are anyway."

I kept quiet as Edmund sunk back against the wall.

"I've believed for years that maybe there was hope for you. Even after the events at Loxley." He sighs, "I feel you are in every intent to prove me wrong."

"Hate to disappoint." I respond cold heartedly.

Tumnus let his gaze fall away from me. Even if it tried to convince him otherwise, it would be no use. The odds of him believing me over the silent prophecy child is small. Not to mention he's most likely never going to leave this cell.

Tumnus went back to talking to the true snitch, "Is Lucy okay?"

"I don't know," He croaks out seeming actually concerned for his siblings.

The surrounding air seemed to tense with a chill. I could see Edmund and Mr.Tumnus both shiver. That usually only meant one thing, my mother was coming.

The cold never seemed to affect me, probably because I was practically born with ice in my veins.

And just expected my mother marched into the cell, "My police tore that dam apart, your little family members are nowhere to be found." She grabs the kid by the collar, making Mr. Tumnus jump, "Where did they go?"

"I-I- I don't know." He stutters under my mother's gaze.

"Then you are no further use to me." The Queen says lowly, readying her staff filled with power to end Edmund's moral life.

"Wait! Wait, the- the beaver said something about Aslan!" Edmund informs her quickly.

My mother withdraws her staff from above her head and interrogates the boy again, "Aslan? Where?"

This is when Mr. Tumnus decided to step in, "He's a stranger to this world, your majesty. He can't be expected to know anything-"

His words we cut off my a swift kick to the jaw by my mother. Through its was stupid of him to get himself involved, I respected it. He knew speaking out would not end well for him, yet he did it anyway. That shows incredible loyalty. I understand why Harlow wanted to keep his name contained.

"I said, where is Aslan?" She repeats with a cold stare on Edmund.

"I- I don't know. I left before they said anything." He answers making himself small.

"Guard! Release the faun." My mother commands emotionlessly.

The orge returns roughly breaking the cuffs from the fauns ankles as he whimpers.

"Do you know why you're here, Faun?" My mother wonders smugly.

"Because I believe in a free Narnia." He responds without an ounce of regret to his loyalty.

"You're here because he turned you in. For sweeties." She chimes, knowing how that will break part of his belief.

Mr. Tumnus's face fell with disappointment as he looked at Edmund. Edmund, who he had shown nothing but kindness, had betrayed him personally and all of the free Narnian rebellion. Then the faun's expression changed to something else as he turned to me. A deep sense of regret was buried in his eyes. His mouth attempted words for me but could not create a sentence.

"You know what that means for you as well, Ashton. You were proven to be an unreliable source." My mother turns with a sigh.

"I should have known better than to trust a bunch of twigs. It won't happen again." I grit through my teeth. I certainly don't plan on trusting anyone other than myself to get the job done.

"Oh, I'm counting on that." She assures me, "Which is why, daughter, you will intercept the group before they reach the stone table. This is your one warning. Do not fail me or you will become another statue in the garden. Take a polar bear, going on foot could take weeks."

"Yes, ma'am" I comply with a simple nod.

And with that I pulled up my hood and exited the dungeon, leaving Edmund and Mr. Tumnus behind.

╣╠

Very few times our lives did Benvolio and I have the opportunity to work together. But now here I am on his back racing towards the stone table. The odds of the humans venturing passed the river by was unlikely. It was about a two day journey to the river than another half day just to get to the stone table. Since they were on the run, the journey might be shorter. Ben and I would have to travel through the night to catch up to them. I tried to give Ben the opportunity to rest but he refused.

He had something to prove as well. He was always treated differently because he always got along with girls better than the guys. He's simply more comfortable around girls. If the male polar bears found out his best friend was me, they would have a field day.

I offered to shut them up myself but Ben pointed out that having the princess fight for him as his personal knight might just make it worse.

Ben also went against bear nature and took a disliking to fighting.This lead him away from taking a first kill. Making him look weak in their eyes. But Ben was quite the opposite of weak. The only solution to avoid fighting in training is to end it quick. And that's exactly what he learned to do. I taught him several pressure points from my combat studies. He could quickly end a fight with minimal pain in just seconds.

As he got older the teasing lessened. Let's just say that three vs. Ben is still unmatched to the boys at his mercy.

The temperature had changed significantly now. The snow wasn't as deep and the wind didn't blow as cold. I could actually feel the sun on my skin as clouds broke to show the light blue that has been hidden for a hundred years.

I was mid day before Benvolio and I began to notice the wolf paws in the snow. They created a defined trail that made it clear that it was a pack. Most creatures would travel in the opposite direction to avoid the most dominant creatures in the West.

Just as I had expected the wolf prints led us right to the river. The waterfall had completely frozen over and now the wolves have complete surrounded the small party in the middle. From what I could see there was two beavers, two brunette girls and a blonde boy. The first thing I noticed about the lot was their weapons. The boy stood protectively in front of the two girls with a sword drawn at Maugrim. The boy looked utterly terrified for the record. The older girl had a bow and arrows strapped to her back. And the youngest had a small blade attached to her waist next to a vial. The vial looked like it was filled with the juice of the fire-flower. Even my mother couldn't get her hands on that rare substance. It had the ability to cure any injury with just a single drop. That alone could drive someone to kill her.

"Even with a sword you look about as threatening as a cupcake," I smirked evilly as I yelled down below to the eldest boy. Every single set of eyes turned to me as I took the hood off my head. "Maugrim, are you having a party without me?"

I heard a few malicious laughs from the surrounding wolves as I slid down the side of the hill. Ben came down right behind me. Landing right above the where the water would be. Two wolves moved to make room for me as I moved towards the humans.

"We might have different definitions of party." Maugrim spits, clearly not happy that I interrupted his interrogation.

The blonde boy shifted the blade direction to me and then back to Maugrim. He didn't seem to know who was more dangerous.

"Is that another 'daughter of Eve'?" The youngest of the three asks the beaver just loud enough to hear.

The male beaver looked at me with nothing but hate, "More like daughter of a bitch."

"I'd watch your tongue, furball, or you might lose it." I threaten coldly.

The beaver narrowed his eyes at me as the other beaver held onto his arm. He was fiesty for a little thing.

"Now you have two options. One, put the sword down now and we'll let you live. Two, I take it out of your dead hands. I suggest the first one, it's far less messy."

"Maybe you should listen to her! Peter just because a man gave you a sword does not mean you are a hero!" The oldest girl exclaimed from behind the boy.

"I can already tell who the smart one is." I comment, looking at the girl being shielded by her brother.

"Don't listen to them!" The male beaver pleads, "Kill them! Kill them both now! By Aslan's Mane, start with her!"

"Oh, come on. This isn't your war." Maugrim explains with a mock sincerity, "All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go."

"This doesn't have to end poory," Ben persuades next to me.

The male beaver speaks up again, "No, Peter! Narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have a chance!"

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam?" Maugrim tests, "I won't wait forever."

"And neither will the river." I add, trying to keep my calm facade when, internally, I was freaking out as I spy a small crack divide where Ben and I are standing.

I look to Ben next to me and he doesn't seem fazed. I nonchalantly get his attention by tapping his back. More franicly as the sound of cracking ice increases.

He looks up and can see right through me, seeing right to every nervous tension in my body. "Ash?"

"I never learned," I tell him trying to keep my appearance normal but my voice practically trembled, "The waters always frozen. There was no need."

"Ash what are you- Crap" He stops himself short quickly realizing where my panic was coming from, "Say calm. If the worst comes hold your breath and I'll get you out."

I turned my attention back to the humans but I keep my hand on Ben. I could tell the boy was deeply contemplating what to do next. There wasn't much choice, they were either gonna put up a short fight against the wolves or face my mother later. His eyes never left Maugrim as he pulled his sisters closer.

What he did next was the last thing I expected. He turned the sword from the air and thrusted it into the ice. This divided the surface into multiple pieces. I watched most of my allied wolves fall into the freezing river as the siblings floated harshly away on top of a block of ice.

Ben and I were left on the fragile but still attracted piece of ice. I threw my arms out to keep my balance. I tried to shift my foot away from the edge of the leftover solid ice only to be greeted with more cracking noises. One wrong move and I was the next one wrapped in the waters. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I realized had nowhere to go. I was completely trapped.

I looked around for anything to help me get to the solid ground. The only thing I saw was the youngest human slip out of that coat her sister was clasping to keep her on the floating ice. She got sucked right into the current.

"Ben! The child, she's going to drown!" I yelled.

"The ice will break and you'll fall if I move!" He shouts back at me.

"Take this, she'll freeze if she doesn't get warm," I order, throwing my cloak at him. He stares back at me dumbfounded, "I'll figure something out just get her! She's just a child!"

"You and this bloody thing with children!" He mumbles under his breath, jumping into the water after little Lucy who was struggling against the merciless current.

I close my eyes ready to hit the water but nothing comes. I let out a shaky breath.

As if the world was punishing me for relaxing too early, a huge piece of ice from the waterfall above broke off smashing into the fragile ice not even five meters from me.

"B-"

Everything had turned to absolute chaos as soon as I forced my sword into the ice. It was the only way to keep my sister's safe against the overpowering numbers of the wolves.

Although the queen's daughter may have hid it well, I could see the pink vanish from the girls cheeks as she looked at the crack separating her and the large polar bear. The boldly courageous girl had cowered at the sign of the breaking ice. I couldn't exactly tell why until I overheard the polar bear next to her instructing her to hold her breath. The girl couldn't swim.

Now as I look up I see the water egulf her small body. She came to the top of the water flailing her arms wildly taking any oxygen she could.

"Hold on! I'll meet you on the other side!" I yell to Susan who was holding Lucy on the other side of her. I couldn't see Lu from where I am before I push off the ice.

"Peter! Where are you going!?" Susan yelled back trying to stop me but I was already gone.

I track the girl with my eyes as she struggles to the surface. I swim furiously to dodge broken pieces of ice and ruling waters. By the time I get close enough to her, the water had pulled her under completely, dragging her to the bottom. I don't stop to think before diving in after her. Even the the depths of the dark river, a jewel hung around her neck reflected enough light to give an indication of where she was.

I put one arm around her torso and the other underneath her legs as I pushed off the bottom getting to the surface as quick as possible. Her body had gone completely limp. I swam to the riverbank and carefully put her soaking wet body in the dirt. I immediately started using any medical training I had ever learned. I first kneel down to listen for breathing. My heart dropped when her lungs expelled nothing. I never thought I would have to use CPR. At least not in this situation. Not on a girl around my age, that I'm supposed to hate, from a land that shouldn't exist. I start the first part of CPR.

I interlock my fingers and begin pushing down on her chest counting each compression.

One and two and three and four. One and two and three and four.

I repeated the count seven times as I was instructed back in England.

"Come on." I mumbled out loud, tilting her head back for a clear airway and closing her nose.

I take a deep breath before putting my mouth to hers and blowing air into her lungs. I repeat another rescue breathe before returning to more compressions.

"Wake up. Wake up." I pray between pushes on her chest.

One and two and three and four. One and two and three and four.

I can see her lips turning a shade of purple. I go in for them again, refusing to give up on her.

I can feel her mouth move on mine and pull away. She jolts back to life and chokes out river water. I lightly pat on her back trying to help get all the water out. A relieved smile finds its way to my face.

I am suddenly forcefully pushed back nearly five feet from the girl as she continues coughing. I find a giant polar bear growling in my face in protection of the girl.

"I'm was trying to help her get the water out of her lungs!" I explain to him.

"Well just-" The polar bear spoke. I still couldn't normalize creature talking as he scrambled for the right words, "Ugh don't look like you enjoyed it so much."

My eyes shot open wide as I looked at the girl, who had finally stopped coughing and decided to kick the bear in the rear. Lucy giggled uncontrollably behind Susan and causing Susan to covered her mouth, trying to get her to be quiet.

"What the Tash is going on?" The girl question backing away defensively from everyone.

"We are getting out of here, Ash." The bear answers for all of us.

And just like that the polar bear bent down enough for the girl, who was still weak, to get on his back. The bear ran of swiftly into the trees but not before I saw the girl take a look back at the scene she had just woken up in. Her eyes met mine and then she was gone.

"What just happened?" Susan inquires with soaking wet hair next to the Beaver's and Lucy behind her. I wonder how much of that they saw.

"She couldn't swim. She fell in and was drowning." I tell them.

Mr. Beaver throws his arms in the air, "She's the enemy!"

"I know but I couldn't just let her die!" I admit to the group.

"She would have left you die! She's heartless and cold just like her mother!" Mr. Beaver explains.

"I don't think she would have." Lucy stepping out from behind Susan.

A small gasp came from Mrs. Beaver as she noticed the same thing as the rest of us, the blackened cloak that fell over Lucy's shoulders.

╣╠

"ShE hAs A tHiNg FoR kIdS."

Damn, Peter Pevensie, at least ask her to dinner first.

BTW THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE CHAPTER YET.

NOT GONNA LIE, I HAD TO RESEARCH CPR. BRUH IM 90% SURE I COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE NOW.

Peter is such a hunny omg.

B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 10.2K 31
"Wherever we are, Narnia will always be our special place." ALARICE KIRKE's adventure in NARNIA begins after she became friends with the PEVENSIE sib...
64.6K 1.9K 37
"I've heard of this place." "You have?" "My mother used to tell me stories." ----------------------- Charlotte Baker always believed in a fantasy wor...
109K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
507K 16.6K 31
❝ there was a difference between living and existing, and for the first time, phoebe felt like she was living. and wasn't that a marvellous thing?❞ [...