The Dragon Tamer: A Draco Mal...

By Sadie_Hook

Danneel and Draco have been best friends since hours after Danneel was born. That same day their fathers drew... More

Prolouge: A Million Dreams
Part 1
Main Characters Mood Boards
Chapter 1: A Whole New World
Chapter 2: Happier
Chapter 3: Be Our Guests
Chapter 4: I Could Use A Love Song
Chapter 5: You Give Love A Bad Name
Chapter 6: Little Talks
Chapter 7: Can I Have This Dance
Chapter 8: Just To See You Smile
Chapter 9: Night of All Nights
Chapter 10: You Belong With Me
Chapter 11: Stairway to Heaven
Chapter 12: Listen To What The Man Said
Chapter 13: I'll Melt With You
Chapter 14: Winner Takes It All
Chapter 15: One Of Us
Chapter 16: Here Comes the Sun
Chapter 17: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: Revolution
Chapter 19: Heat of The Moment
Chapter 20: Young And Beautiful
Chapter 21:White Lair
Chapter 22: Danger Zone
Chapter 23: Renegade
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Pure Imagination
Chapter 26: Strangers
Chapter 27: Come Back To Me
Chapter 28: Paper Rings
Chapter 29: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Chapter 30: I Believe In Father Christmas
Chapter 31: Mess Is Mine
Chapter 32: Make It Sweet
Chapter 33: We are the Champions
Chapter 34: This Is War
Chapter 35: Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 36: Smile
Chapter 37: Blue Christmas
Chapter 38: Centuries
Chapter 39: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
Part 2
Chapter 41: White Wedding
Chapter 42: American Pie
Chapter 43: We are Family
Chapter 44: December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)
Chapter 45: Anything Like Me
Chapter 46: Mr. Mom
Chapter 47: They Say It's Your Birthday
Chapter 48: June Bride
Chapter 49: Get Over Yourself
Chapter 50: Boy
Chapter 51: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Chapter 52: You're Gonna Miss This
Chapter 53: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Chapter 54:Blessed
Baby Count
Chapter 55: Don't Blink
Chapter 56: Maybe It's Time
Chapter 57: Human
Chapter 58: Remember You Young
Chapter 59: Silly Love Songs
Part 3
Epilogue: Closing Time
Bonus
Thank You
Up and coming

Chapter 40: Growing Up

11.7K 250 99
By Sadie_Hook

They say boys don't cry

But your dad has shed a lot of tears

They say I should be a strong man

But baby, I'm still filled with fear

Sometimes I don't know who I am

Sometimes I question why I'm here

I just wanna be a good dad

Will I be? I have no idea

They say girls shouldn't be tough

And moms should raise their kids at home

But baby, I know that that isn't true

Cause your momma's the toughest person I know

I wanna raise you to be like her

And watch you show the world how to do it on your own

I'm still tryna figure out who I am

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

A/N This second part is going to have lots of babies and weddings so sorry if you get annoyed by it but we're going to be spanning several years and I want to focus on the important stuff.

May 6 1999

It had been a year since the battle and Danneel had called her friends to eat lunch with her in a little cafe in Liverpool because she had something to tell them. A lot had changed in the past year.

Narcissa, Atlas, and Kerrigan were all questioned and tried by the Monosotroe but they weren't found guilty or convicted of anything so they continued to live happily. Lucius was not so lucky as he was sentenced to life in Azkaban, not that anyone put much of a fight against it.

Riley is 5 months pregnant. Her and J.D got married shortly after the battle in a very small ceremony consisting of only Danneel, Draco, her parents, and Reagan.  She now owned a fashion store in downtown London.

Cass is pregnant as well. She was two months along and it was a bit of surprise to herself and Fred who didn't plan on it. Fred was startled at first but warmed up to the idea of a baby. Cass didn't really have a job per se but helped around the Joke Shop quite a but.

Zara got engaged to Braxton Whells two months after the battle which all of her friends were surprised by. They hadn't been dating for long but I guess when you know you just know. Zara was now working for the ministry in the communications department, and she was due to get married next month.

Daphne and Blaise gotten married a few months ago and had been traveling ever since. Neither were hurting for money so they didn't see the need for a job although Danneel suspected that Blaise would go stir crazy soon and get a job at the ministry.  But to Danneel's relief, the two newlyweds got back yesterday and Daphne was more than happy to meet up.

Out of everyone Reagan remained the most unchanged as she continued to just run and take care of her bar.

Slowly but surely Danneel's friends arrive and sit happily around the table. They order drinks and pastries as Danneel tries to find the courage to say what she needs to say.

"I'm pregnant," She blurts out.

They stop their chattering and stare at her open mouth.

"Really?!" Zara exclaims.

"Yea," Danneel smiles.

"Oh, yeah," Daphne says, "Congrats. Does Draco know?"

"He does not," Danneel sighs.

"Oh this going to be so fun being pregnant together," Cass laughs, "Draco won't know what hit him."

"Why haven't you told him yet?" Riley asks.

Danneel shrugs, "I don't know. Scared I guess. We didn't plan for this to happen."

"But you've been married for a year," Cass points out, "Which is better than not being married and springing it on him. Trust me."

"Well, how are you going to tell him," Zara asks excitedly.

"I don't know. I was hoping you guys could offer ideas."

"Well don't tell him flat out," Cass huffs, "Ease him in."

"I gave J.D one of his favorite books and the bookmark said that we were expecting," Riley smiles.

"That's cute," Daphne coos.

"Or maybe you can just start talking and let it slip," Cass suggests, "Like start rattling off baby names."

"That would be cute," Danneel hums, "God knows I've had a list since forever."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

After two hours of eating, drinking, and catching up Riley, Zara, and Daphne all left. Leaving only Cass and Danneel to themselves. Cass had been uncharacteristically quiet during the whole time and Danneel was too afraid to ask. Luckily Danneel didn't have too.

"D," Cass says, "Fred proposed."

"He did?!"

"Well he was going to," Cass sighs, "But I cut him off and said I'd be late for tea and left."

"Cassie," Danneel groans.

"I was scared okay," Cass cries, "I always knew I was going to marry rich and I was never ashamed of that. But now I found someone I actually love and want to be with and I feel ashamed."

"Why?"

"Because he was poor and now with his shop, he's got quite a bit of money. And I don't want others to think that's the only reason I am with him. They only knew of us after the fact, not before when he was still in school."

"But Fred knows that," Danneel reassures.

"But does he? You should've seen his face when I told him I was pregnant. He ran and didn't come back until the next day. You were there with me so you know how awful it was. But then he comes back like everything was fine and I was relieved but now that he was going to propose I'm worried he's doing it out of obligation."

"Cass," Danneel says side hugging her friend, "He's not doing it out of obligation. He loves you."

"He loves me," Cass mutters.

"Go home and let him propose to you," Danneel says.

Cass nods, "You're right," She chuckles and starts to cry, "Stupid hormones got me all confused. Something to look forward to."

"Great," Danneel laughs.

"Now you go home and tell Draco he's gonna be a dad."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

That night Danneel made Draco's favorite meal and waited for him to come home from work. Instead of being the Ministry Official his father wanted he became a mediwizard instead, the equivalent to a muggle doctor. Despite not graduating he had the grades and all the class requirements to qualify for the program and was in training now.

She sat on the couch and was flipping through The Adventures of Tom Sawyer when he appeared in.

"Hey love," Draco says setting his things down, "Dinner smells lovely."

"I'm making your favorite, Shepard's pie."

"I love you," Draco says and kisses her forehead.

He starts to undo his tie and walks into their bedroom.

"Draco what do you think of the name Sawyer?"

Draco pokes his head out of the doorway, "Sawyer? As in..."

"Tom Sawyer," Danneel laughs and holds up her book. "I was thinking since I come from a tradition of naming children after book characters and yours of astronomy I was thinking we can switch off."

"Okay sounds fair. I like Sawyer."

"Good," Danneel smiles, " Then Atticus Sawyer for a boy and Amy Jo for a girl."

"Those are nice names," Draco says emerging from the bedroom, "But why are we talking about this now?"

"Because we're going to have an Atticus Sawyer or Amy Jo in nine months," Danneel says nonchalantly.

"Are you serious!" Draco

"Yea," Daneel cries.

"That's amazing," Draco cries and picks up his wife, "I'm going to be a dad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 267 19
The story name is inspired by draco and the green apple of course 🙄. Y/n and draco grew up next door to eachother and they always hung out when they...
87.6K 1.8K 27
Description Right after the war Draco tries to put his life back together. He got a lette...
21 12 13
Draco Malfoy has just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But he is supposed to follow his family into Slytherin and becom...
19.7K 344 21
Most people would never think of Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy as friends, themselves included. However, their relationship took a turn in their...