Chapter 42: American Pie

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

August 9, 1999

"Good morning," Draco says as he walks into their bedroom, holding a breakfast tray.

"Morning," Danneel smiles and sits up so he can place the tray on her lap.

"Happy Anniversary love," Draco says and kisses her.

"Happy Anniversary," Danneel says and begins to eat.

"Here," Danneel says handing Draco a gift.

Draco smiles and accepts it. He opens it and his mouth drops, "Thank you, Dani," He says hugging her, "I needed a new watch."

Danneel smiles, "I had it engraved on the back is the day we got married. And if you hit that button," she says and the face of the watch switches completely, "You can see where I am, at home, work, danger extra, and when the baby comes we can add its name and face on it."

"Love it," he smiles and kisses her again, "Open mine,"

Danneel takes the gift and opens it to see a nice pair of sapphire earrings and an envelope. She opens it and gasps, "Draco are these?"

"Two tickets on a death machine to America."

"It's an aeroplane and they're safe."

"Yeah okay," Draco mocks, " I figured we could catch up with your old friends. I originally wanted to do it last year but we got caught up in the rebuilding."

"Thank you I love. This is amazing."

"Glad you like it. We leave today at 4."

"4? That's in like 8 hours!"

"Well, I've been packing for the both of us for the most part so we just need some last-minute stuff."

"Did I mention I love you?"

Draco shrugs, "You may have mentioned it once or twice."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"That was bloody terrifying," Draco says still gripping Danneel's hand as they exit the plane.

"Shut up you big baby," Danneel laughs, "You fly on a broom that's a lot more unsafe."

Draco mumbles incoherent words under his breathe as Danneel tries to find Emmy.

"Oh I found them," Danneel says and leads Draco in the right direction.

As people move out of the way Emmy spots Danneel and lets out a shriek, "I can't believe you're here!"

"Me either," Danneel says hugging her friend.

Charlie and Draco politely smile at each other before the girls break apart. Something glistens and Danneel looks down at Emmy's hand, where a big rock sparkling.

"You're engaged!" Danneel exclaims.

"Married actually," Emmy says latching on to Charlie's arm.

"Oh wow," Danneel says.

"Sorry we didn't tell you before," Charlie apologizes.

"It just sorta happened fast," Emmy lasts, "We didn't mind waiting but my parents insisted a shotgun wedding."