Chapter 50: Boy

You're gonna settle down
But you won't feel the way I'm feelin' now
Until you have a boy
He's gonna know it all
He'll think he's ten feet tall
And run like he's bulletproof
And total a car or two

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

April 15, 2002

"I can't believe you are all in this position again," Cass laughs as she sips her wine.

"I for one like being pregnant," Daphne smiles.

"You're three months pregnant and you don't have any morning sickness?" Emmy asks.

"Nope," Daphne says, "Aren't you five? Do you still have it?"

"No it went away about a month ago," Emmy says.

"Me and pregnancy have a love-hate relationship," Riley smiles, a hand on her two-month-old belly, "Right now it's love but give it a few months."

"What do you think they're having?" Blaise asks sitting next to his wife, holding out a plate of appetizers. 

"I'm feeling a girl," Emmy says, "I think Atticus would be great with a sister."

"I think it's a boy," J.D says joining the conversation.

"Where's Miller light?"

"In Atticus' playroom with the other kids," J.D reassures, "Where he was 5 minutes ago."

"Thank you," Riley smiles.

"I can't believe they're all two years old," Zara says sitting down.

"Me neither," Cass sighs and leans back on Fred, "so glad we don't have to redo the sleep and potty training."

"But would you?" Fred asks, "Want to do it again eventually?" 

"Of course," Cass smiles, "But we already have two kids. The rest of them are trying to catch up. We can join the next round."

Fred smiles and kisses Cass' forehead, "Deal."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"You won't even tell your mama what her second grandbaby is," Kerrigan badges her daughter as she sets up the gender reveal.

"No one is going to know," Danneel smirks, "Until Draco and I unveil this box. Which is magically sealed until Draco or I touch it."

"Fine," Kerrigan pouts and slinks off to find Atlas, or Narcissa, or Reagen.

"Ready?" Draco says emerging from Atticus' room.

"Yeah, want to gather them all," Danneel says and levitates the box into the living room."

"Of course," Draco smiles and kisses her. He pulls away and kisses Danneel's stomach, "Can't wait to see you in two months."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Ready," Danneel says balancing Atticus on her hip.

Her family and friends chorus yes and cheer. Danneel and Draco smile at each other before both of them take off the boxes lid, several blue balloons fly up as well as a sliver number 2.

"Two," Caroline claps.

"Yea two," Reagen says.

"What's two?" Charlie asks.

"We're having two," Danneel smiles.

"Babies?" Atlas shouts.

"Well, they're not puppies," Draco jokes but is met with awe shocked silence, "Yes, we're having twins, and they're both boys."

"Ah," everyone shouts and starts cheering and sharing congratulations.

"Well damn," Cass laughs and looks up to Fred, "They just saw us and raised us one."

"That they did," Fred chuckles.