Chapter 44: December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)

Oh, what a night

Late December back in '63

What a very special time for me

As I remember, what a night

Oh, what a night, you know I didn't even know her name

But I was never gonna be the same

What a lady, what a night

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

December 18, 1999

"Sing us a song you're the piano man," Danneel says as she dances around the nursery, "Sing us a song tonight. Well, we're all in the mood for a melody. And you've got us feelin' alright." 

Danneel had been on maternity leave for one week and she was slowly losing her mind. She loves her house but it felt entirely too big when she was alone and Draco went to work. So she busied herself with baby preparations. The theme of the nursery was sailors and oceans. The rooms were a baby blue to resemble the sea and the sky. Danneel really didn't care what the baby was and she thought regardless of the gender a light blue was a nice calming and soothing tone. The room was almost done which made Danneel very happy. Christmas was a week away and she wanted everything to be ready before then since her due date is in early January.

Despite the loud music coming from the record player Danneel heard the persistent tapping coming from the window. She went over to the window and was met with an unfamiliar owl. Nonetheless, she took the message from his talons and feed it some of her granola bar before it flies away.

She opens it and her eyes go wide, "Oh my god! Oh my god!"

The baby begins to kick rapidly, "Ow!" She cries and looks down at her belly, "Hey! no, you stop it!" And exclaims, "OH my god!"

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Danneel power walks through the halls until she finds the room with the number 187.

"Took you long enough," Cass laughs hoarsely.

"Where are my niece and nephew?" Danneel asks happily.

Cass laughs, "No hi how are you?"

"Sorry. How are you?"

"I feel like shit," Cass sighs, "You're going to have soo much fun next month."

"Don't scare her," Fred says walking over with a yellow blanket and hands it to Cass.

"Just trying to warn her," Cass smirks as she fusses with the blanket, "D come over here and miss your niece

"Just trying to warn her," Cass smirks as she fusses with the blanket, "D come over here and miss your niece. Caroline Renee Weasley."

"Oh she's precious," Danneel coos as Caroline latches onto her aunt's finger.

"Here you can hold her," Cass says and hands the baby to Danneel.

"And Draco's holding Carson Arthur Weasley," Fred exclaims happily.

Danneel turns slowly to see Draco in his own little world as he sits in an uncomfortable hospital chair holding a bundle of blue.

FOR THE SAKE OF CUTENESS PRETEND IT'S TOM FELTON HOLDING THE BABY INSTEAD OF JUSTIN CHAMBERS.

"Well that's a good sign," Danneel sighs as the baby kicks, "Just wait you wait, baby, you only have a couple more weeks before you can join the party out here

"Well that's a good sign," Danneel sighs as the baby kicks, "Just wait you wait, baby, you only have a couple more weeks before you can join the party out here."

"Oh hey babe," Draco says looking up.

"How did you get here before I did?" Danneel asks as she paces with the baby.

"You do remember I work here right?" Draco laughs.

"Don't forget you also delivered them!" Cass smiles.

"You delivered them," Danneel whisper yells.

Fred and Cass laugh and Cass shoves Fred's shoulders, "Go get my babies."

Fred happily complies and scoops up Caroline first and then Carson and walks back over to Cass setting one in each arm.

"Well I mean I was doing rounds and I'm on the OBGYN rotation right now because I thought that would be good practice," Draco explains, "And Cass was one of my rounds and when I came on to check on her she was crowning and it was happening so fast that there was no time to move her or get an attending. They just came shooting out, and I caught them and Fred cut the cord."

"For the record, it was not that smooth," Cass snips.

"I'm surprised Narcissa and your parents aren't here Fred."

"Well," Fred says looking down at Cass, "We wanted you and Draco here first because we wanted to ask..."

"If you and Draco would be the twins' godparents," Cass finishes.

"Of course!" Danneel exclaims and hugs Fred, "We're honored."

"Thanks," Draco adds and stands up, "As much as I'd love to hang out with my godchildren more am technically still working so I'll be back."

"The grandparents are next," Cass smiles, "Fred sent out the announcement a little after yours so they should be here soon."

"And then my siblings and the spouses," Fred sighs running a hand through his hair.

"And then Daph, Blaise, Zara, and Braxton, and Riley and J.D" Cass lists off, "Damn it's going to be a long day."

"You were amazing," Fred says and kisses the side of Cass' head.

"Oh I can't wait to meet you," Danneel says whispering to her belly.