The Dragon Tamer: A Draco Mal...

By Sadie_Hook

Danneel and Draco have been best friends since hours after Danneel was born. That same day their fathers drew... More

Prolouge: A Million Dreams
Part 1
Main Characters Mood Boards
Chapter 1: A Whole New World
Chapter 2: Happier
Chapter 3: Be Our Guests
Chapter 4: I Could Use A Love Song
Chapter 5: You Give Love A Bad Name
Chapter 6: Little Talks
Chapter 7: Can I Have This Dance
Chapter 8: Just To See You Smile
Chapter 9: Night of All Nights
Chapter 10: You Belong With Me
Chapter 11: Stairway to Heaven
Chapter 12: Listen To What The Man Said
Chapter 13: I'll Melt With You
Chapter 14: Winner Takes It All
Chapter 15: One Of Us
Chapter 16: Here Comes the Sun
Chapter 17: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: Revolution
Chapter 19: Heat of The Moment
Chapter 20: Young And Beautiful
Chapter 21:White Lair
Chapter 22: Danger Zone
Chapter 23: Renegade
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Pure Imagination
Chapter 26: Strangers
Chapter 27: Come Back To Me
Chapter 29: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Chapter 30: I Believe In Father Christmas
Chapter 31: Mess Is Mine
Chapter 32: Make It Sweet
Chapter 33: We are the Champions
Chapter 34: This Is War
Chapter 35: Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 36: Smile
Chapter 37: Blue Christmas
Chapter 38: Centuries
Chapter 39: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
Part 2
Chapter 40: Growing Up
Chapter 41: White Wedding
Chapter 42: American Pie
Chapter 43: We are Family
Chapter 44: December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)
Chapter 45: Anything Like Me
Chapter 46: Mr. Mom
Chapter 47: They Say It's Your Birthday
Chapter 48: June Bride
Chapter 49: Get Over Yourself
Chapter 50: Boy
Chapter 51: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Chapter 52: You're Gonna Miss This
Chapter 53: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Chapter 54:Blessed
Baby Count
Chapter 55: Don't Blink
Chapter 56: Maybe It's Time
Chapter 57: Human
Chapter 58: Remember You Young
Chapter 59: Silly Love Songs
Part 3
Epilogue: Closing Time
Bonus
Thank You
Up and coming

Chapter 28: Paper Rings

12.5K 282 360
By Sadie_Hook

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings
Uh huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want, and
I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this
Uh huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want, 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"You ready to go to Hogsmead today?" Daphne asks. "I was thinking we could to Gladrags Wizardwear, and then Zara wanted to go toScrivenshaft's Quill Shop."

"Actually Daph, Draco and I have a date today," Danneel says leaning on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Actually," Draco winces.

"What?" Danneel demands sitting up with a frown.

"I have detention today," He says meekly scratching the back of his neck, "With McGonagall because I kept hanging in my work later."

"Draco," Danneel groans.

"Sorry love," He says kissing her cheek and stands to leave, "Promise I'll make it up too."

"Well looks like I'm free to go Daph."

"Sorry D."

"It's fine. It was just supposed to be our first date in a while."

"I thought you said he was getting better?" Zara comments.

"He is. He's at every meal now, and I see him in class and at Prefect duties but it would be nice to hang outside of school you know.

"Who does Danneel want to hang outside of school?" Blaise says joining the table.

"Draco," Daphne replies pecking her boyfriend's cheek, "They were supposed to go on a date but he just canceled on Danneel."

"He didn't cancel, he just got detention," Danneel huffs.

"That's rough mate," Blaise says, "Anyone seen Cass? I got a quidditch question."

"She's holed up in her room," Zara answers, "Poor dear is sick or something."

"That sucks."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Did she send some?" Cass says panting slightly from climbing the Astronomy stairs.

"Mother did one better," Draco smiles and shows Cass the wooden box.

"SHE SENT ALL OF THEM!" Cass squeals in excitement as she gazes on her Aunt's jewelry box full of engagement rings that are family heirlooms.

"Wait one's missing," Cass says her heart drops, "Don't tell me she lost is!"

"Don't worry Cassie," Draco smiles, "Mother didn't put it in because she knows it's yours."

"You remembered," Cass smiles at the thought of her favorite ring of the collection.

"Of course I did," Draco chuckles, "I still vividly remember when we were 8 and you threatened me that I wasn't allowed to give it to Danneel. Then you proceeded to tell me I had to either tell your future husband or make Danneel tell him that this was the ring he is supposed to use or you'd say no."

"Good boy," Cass laughs and pats Draco on the head.

"Yea no help me pick one for Danneel."

"You finally came to your senses then?" Cass laughs, "Grandmother's ring is so not D. Why on earth did you pick that one?"

"My father was breathing down my neck," Draco defends, "Besides he kept saying something about tradition or something I can't remember. I just panicked."

"Of course you did," Cass snorts, "God I forgot how big some of these are, kinda makes Grandma's look tiny, but nothing can match that bright unsettling emerald."

"I was stupid for picking it," Draco groans.

"Yes."

The two spend about twenty minutes looking over all the rings before Draco and Cass decide on one. Draco took it out of the jewelry box and put it in a velvet ring box his mother also sent over and pocketed in his jacket.

Draco quickly secured the box and took it to the owlery. He called on his owl to deliver back to his mother and headed back to the Astronomy Tower.

"How did Aunt Cissy manage to send you the box without Danneel knowing?" Cass asks as she helps Draco set up.

"I had mother instruct our owl to stay deliver it at the Owlery. I checked for it every day until it arrived."

"Smart. How long did you tell Daphne and Zara to keep her out?"

"Until 5 so we've got like two hours." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I'm tired," Danneel whines as she makes back from Hogsmeade, "I just want to sleep. Why did we stay out there so long?"

"It was just such nice weather," Blaise smiles.

"But what about dinner?" Zara says as she tries to pull her friend to the Great Hall.

"I'll steal something for the kitchen's later," Danneel mutters, "I need sleep."

"But Danneel-" Daphne protests.

"I'll take her," Draco says appearing out of nowhere and wrapping his arms around her.

"Mhmm, my Prince Charming," Danneel mutters into his neck.

"Come on," Draco laughs.

"How was detention?"

"What?" Draco asks.

"With McGonagall," Danneel states, "You know for turning in stuff late."

"Oh right," Draco replies, "It was fine. Just made me clean."

"Wait?" Danneel says, "Where are we going? The common room is the other way?"

"It's a surprise."

"Dragon, I'm tired I want to sleep," Danneel complains.

"You can sleep after this surprise I promise."

Danneel sighs and continues to allow Draco to take her. She begins to notice the familiar steps toward the Astronomy tower and a small smile tugs at her face.

"Draco why are we going to the Astronomy Tower?" Danneel asks.

"You'll see," Draco smiles and guides her up the stairs.

"Oh Draco," Danneel sighs as she sees the Astronomy Tower all dressed up.

There are fairy lights are strung about and there are blankets on the ground with a picnic basket. There are also candles on the window sill and a guitar was leaning on the wall. 

"Where'd you get all this?" Danneel asks and turns to Draco with a smile.

"I had some help," Draco smiles, "From Cass. She wrote to J.D and got the muggle things."

"You're too sweet," Danneel coos and pecks him on the lips before walking over to the blanket.

"Not tired now?" Draco chuckles.

"No, but I am hungry."

"Then let's eat." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Okay I'm really tired now," Danneel mutters and leans on Draco.

"One more surprise before I let you sleep," Draco smiles.

"But I'm tired now," She whines.

"Keep your eyes open a little longer for me Dani," Draco coos, "I'll carry you."

"Okay," Danneel replies dreamily.

Draco smiles and goes to the niche behind the picture and pulls out the velvet box. He turns around holding it behind him and walks back down to Danneel. Suddenly his ears become red and his throat thick and he remembers the guitar and quickly someone it toward him.

"You still have it," Danneel smiles, "I thought your dad made you throw it away?"

"No I didn't throw it away your dad let me stash it at your house but I was always afraid to go get it because I thought my father would find out."

"I'm sorry that happened to you Draco," Danneel says.

"I know but it's not your fault," Draco hums and starts to strum.

The familiar tune fills Danneel's ears as she smiles, "Hey I know this song. It's the one from our first ball. It's..."

"Here Comes the Sun," Draco finishes, "By the Beatles."

"Still can't believe Lucius allowed such music," Danneel mocks.

"What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him," Draco smirks, "My mother and I would lie and tell him is it was some absurd wizard band that didn't exist. And he didn't care enough to question it and it's not like the rest of those snobby purebloods knew any better."

"Nice," Danneel smiles, and starts to sing, "Here comes the sun, dodo dodo, here comes the sun. Here comes the sun. And I say, it's all right."

After Draco finishes the song he lays the guitar down and takes a deep breath and takes the ring box again.

"Dani," He squeaks and blushes in embarrassment. He clears his throat and continues, "We were born to be together, quite literally actually with all things considering. Anyway, I always knew that I wanted our friendship to be something more even if without the arrangement. And when you finally came to Hogwarts I thought that this was it. This was my chance to be more but I got scared and did some stupid things. And I felt like I wasn't enough but you made me feel enough so I got over my feelings, granted that took forever and manned up, and against all better judgment you decided to love me."

"Draco," Danneel says and takes his hand, "I know all of this. What's up? It sounds like your proposing."

"Way to ruin the surprise," Draco chuckles.

"Wait what? But we're already engaged."

"I know but I wanted to make it more personal. I wanted to do it the way I wanted to propose to you without the flashing camera and watchful eyes."

"Aw Draco," Danneel chuckles and feels tears brimming, "You're gonna make me cry."

"I don't want to do that," Draco says worriedly.

"No it's good," She laughs and tries to dry her eyes, "They're happy tears. I always hoped I would love someone this much to cry when they proposed."

"Oh, then I'm glad," Draco smiles, "Can I continue?"

"Yea," Danneel smiles.

"And I'm so glad you took that chance on me. And I'll admit I didn't proposal didn't go great the first time and I'm sorry for that awful ring I gave you."

"Oh, it's not that bad. It kinda has grown on me," Danneel lies.

"Oh please, you don't even wear it on your finger," Draco laughs and gestures it on the chain around her neck. "Which is why I enlisted the help of several people to do it right this time. Which includes an engagement ring that's much more your style.

Danneel's voice catches in her throat as Draco opens up the velvet box, revealing a gorgeous ring.

"It's so beautiful Dragon," Danneel sniffs.

Draco's smile reaches his ears as he asks, "Will you marry me? Again?"

"Yes," Danneel cries and he slips the new ring on her finger. "Who's ring was it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cass told me about your mom's box of family engagement rings, so which one of your relatives was it?"

"Roxanne Black. I believe she was my mother's godmother but I'm not entirely sure."

"Well it's lovely," Danneel says admiring it on her finger, "Here," she says and unclips her necklace and slides the ring off and hands it back to Danneel.

"It was a nice ring, just not for me and maybe one day one of our kids or nieces or nephews will love it and get to wear it."

"Yea," Draco says and takes Danneel in his arms, "And how many kids will we have?"

"An army," Danneel chips.

"An army," Draco laughs, "And how big is said army?"

"Anywhere between four and six kids."

"Four to six?!"

"Yea, I hated growing up as an only child and I want all of our kids to have someone to play and hang out with. To have someone to bitch and complain to that's not us."

"Do you think you would be able to handle it? I'm no doctor but I heard it's pretty painful."

"I know," Danneel says leaning back on him, "And I don't care."

"I love you," Draco says kissing her.

"I love you too," Danneel responds into the kiss. She pulls away, "Now carry me back. I'm exhausted."

"Anything for you my dear," Draco chuckles and stands to swoop up Danneel bridal style. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 36 9
Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy have always hated each other since their first year at Hogwarts. After they were accidentally sent back in time, wo...
122K 3.4K 21
Hermione is looking forward to her sixth year of Hogwarts. But the Wizard world is in total uproar. Draco is in some serious trouble and she will do...
19.7K 344 21
Most people would never think of Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy as friends, themselves included. However, their relationship took a turn in their...
54.1K 1K 19
Harry has been betrayed by those closest to him, the people he thought cared about him and the people he saw as his second parents. AGE THEY START HO...