The Dragon Tamer: A Draco Mal...

By Sadie_Hook

Danneel and Draco have been best friends since hours after Danneel was born. That same day their fathers drew... More

Prolouge: A Million Dreams
Part 1
Main Characters Mood Boards
Chapter 1: A Whole New World
Chapter 2: Happier
Chapter 3: Be Our Guests
Chapter 4: I Could Use A Love Song
Chapter 5: You Give Love A Bad Name
Chapter 6: Little Talks
Chapter 7: Can I Have This Dance
Chapter 8: Just To See You Smile
Chapter 9: Night of All Nights
Chapter 10: You Belong With Me
Chapter 12: Listen To What The Man Said
Chapter 13: I'll Melt With You
Chapter 14: Winner Takes It All
Chapter 15: One Of Us
Chapter 16: Here Comes the Sun
Chapter 17: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: Revolution
Chapter 19: Heat of The Moment
Chapter 20: Young And Beautiful
Chapter 21:White Lair
Chapter 22: Danger Zone
Chapter 23: Renegade
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Pure Imagination
Chapter 26: Strangers
Chapter 27: Come Back To Me
Chapter 28: Paper Rings
Chapter 29: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Chapter 30: I Believe In Father Christmas
Chapter 31: Mess Is Mine
Chapter 32: Make It Sweet
Chapter 33: We are the Champions
Chapter 34: This Is War
Chapter 35: Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 36: Smile
Chapter 37: Blue Christmas
Chapter 38: Centuries
Chapter 39: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
Part 2
Chapter 40: Growing Up
Chapter 41: White Wedding
Chapter 42: American Pie
Chapter 43: We are Family
Chapter 44: December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)
Chapter 45: Anything Like Me
Chapter 46: Mr. Mom
Chapter 47: They Say It's Your Birthday
Chapter 48: June Bride
Chapter 49: Get Over Yourself
Chapter 50: Boy
Chapter 51: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Chapter 52: You're Gonna Miss This
Chapter 53: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Chapter 54:Blessed
Baby Count
Chapter 55: Don't Blink
Chapter 56: Maybe It's Time
Chapter 57: Human
Chapter 58: Remember You Young
Chapter 59: Silly Love Songs
Part 3
Epilogue: Closing Time
Bonus
Thank You
Up and coming

Chapter 11: Stairway to Heaven

25.3K 540 275
By Sadie_Hook

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
And she's buying the stairway to heaven

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Two weeks after Danneel was released from the Hospital Wing Draco took her on their first date, and when one is a student at Hogwarts there's only so few places couples can go, Hogsmead being the most popular. So Danneel found her self getting her nose powdered by Daphne early Saturday morning.

"So did Draco tell you where you were going on this date," Cass chuckles and wiggles her eyebrows.

Danneel shrugs and fiddles with her fingers, "Zara could you be a dear and pass me a cig-"

"No!" Cass screeches, "Don't hand that girl a cigarette. Not only is that a disgusting habit but if you smoke it lingers and he will smell it on you and your date will be ruined."

"Fine," Danneel huffs, "I'm just so nervous. You guys have been to Hogsmeade trillions of times. What do people usually do for dates?"

"Well you have two options, usually," Daphne states as she moves to curl Danneel's hair, "For the more traditional date with all the pink and mushy frills one would go to Madame Puddifoot's. It's a tea shop that looks straight out of those gushy romance movies you like."

"Oh," Danneel sighs and scrunches her nose.

"What?" Zara asks, "I thought you loved that type of stuff."

"No, I do," Danneel insists, "I enjoy the nice romance but a frilly Tea Shop... makes my stomach churn."

Cass chuckles, "In that case, he could take you to the Three Broomsticks. Less romantic but it's familiar and cozy. We took you their last trip remember?"

"Oh, yea. I liked it. It was nice."

"And then the rest is really up to Draco," Daphne shrugs, "But if he knows you, which he does, he'll probably take you to the book store again."

A knock on the door startles the girls and Cass stumbles up to open it revealing Daphne's sister Astoria.

"Tori, what do you want?" Daphne asks.

"Malfoy is in the common room pacing. I'd hurry up if I were you. Because the next person who so much as breaths wrong in his direction is gonna get hexed."

"Well we still have to do Danneel's eyeshadow, and nails and -"

"I'm fine," Danneel says jumping up, her newly curled hair bouncing at her shoulders.

"But-" Zara protests.

"I let you do my hair and powder my nose, more then what I would've done already so I will be going now," Danneel says matter a factly and grabs her coat.

"Use protection," Cass hollers as Danneel walks out of the dorm, flipping her off.

As Danneel walks down the stairs to the common room she can hear Draco yelling, "Could you not breathe so loudly!"

"Malfoy," Blaise says jumping between the blond and a startled first year with a stuffy nose, "He's just a first-year with a cold. Leave him alone mate."

"When is she gonna get here!?"

"Right now," Danneel speaks up at the bottom of the stairs and crosses her arms.

Draco freezes like a deer in headlights as he slowly turns to face the brunette.

"Dani," He says and straightens up and the anger recedes from his face, "You ready?"

"Yea," Danneel smiles, "Just apologize first."

"Dani I'm sor-"

"Not to me," Danneel chuckles, "To him," and gestures to the first year Draco was previously threatening.

Draco huffs and walks towards Danneel with open arms, "Dani come on. You know I don't apologize."

Danneel crosses her arms and stares the blond down, "I could stand here all day."

Draco huffs and runs a hand through his hair before he turns around sharply and marches back over to the first year. He mumbles a quick sorry and the first year nods his head and rushes away. Blaise sighs but gives Danneel a thumbs up as Draco makes his way back to her.

"Shall we?" He asks and offers his arm.

"We shall," She smiles and takes it gladly. 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The first stop on their date was to Honeydukes, where Danneel picked up several sugar quills and chocolate frogs and fully intended to pay for it. However, Draco had other plans and insisted to buy everything for Danneel today because this was a date and Draco was raised to be a gentleman.

The next stop is Noble's book store where Danneel bought three books, Different Seasons By Stephen King, The Count of Monte Cristo By Alexandre Dumas, and Quidditch Through the Ages: Volume 4. Draco even got a few books as well one on advanced potion making and Hamlet by Shakespeare which surprised Danneel but didn't say anything.

By now Danneel and Draco were getting hungry so they made their way to the Three Broomsticks were they both ordered butter beers and split the large Fish and Chips meal. After they finished their food Draco offered up his arm and Danneel took it thinking their date was over but instead of heading back to the castle Draco lead her off the path.

"Where are we going?" Danneel asks.

"Do you really want our date to be over? Was it really that bad?" Draco jokes.

"No, no," Danneel frets, "I just - I just thought we were going back to the castle."

"We will but I'm selfish and I wanted a little more time just for us," Draco smiles, "So I figured we could walk around a bit like we would do in the summer."

"I would like that," Danneel hums and goes to lean her head on his shoulder, but he moves his arm and Danneel sucks in her breathe, wondering if she made a wrong move. But Draco quickly eases her doubt as he brings his arm around her shoulders and snuggles her into his side.

"You know when the last time it was just the two of us like we are right now?" Draco asks.

"No," Danneel laughs as she can only remember it ever being her, Draco, and Cass.

"We were 8," Draco smiles, "And it was an accident. Cass and Blaise thought it would be funny if they locked us in the greenhouse."

"Oh yea," She laughs, "I remember. You threatened to knock out a window so we could leave luckily your house-elf found us in time before you did serious damage."

"Man I haven't been to that greenhouse in years." Draco chuckles.

"Maybe we can go this summer." Danneel suggests and Draco nods thoughtfully, "Speaking of summer I was wondering if I could have a couple of friends come in from America?"

Draco shrugs, "I don't see a problem. We'll talk more when it's closer to the end of the year yea?"

"Yea," Danneel hums and shudders under the cool breeze.

Draco takes notice and tightens his hold around her and begins to walk in the direction of the school. They chat more along the way back, touching on everything and nothing. And for the first time in a long time, Danneel felt like she and Draco were right back to where they were way before school separated them. Danneel was so immersed in conversation that she didn't notice they had arrived back at school. She kissed him on the cheek at the portrait door.

"Today was amazing," She smiles, "Thank you."

"Anything for my favorite girl," Draco smiles.

Danneel sighs softly, "There's an hour to dinner..."

"And I'm sure you want to spend that hour gossiping with your friends," He smirks while she blushes.

"I'm sorry."

He chuckles, "It's fine. Go tell them how amazing I am."

Danneel hits him on the shoulder and he says, "I'll see you at dinner."

"See you at dinner," Danneel answers and Draco kisses her on the cheek before disappearing down the corridor, no doubt looking for Blaise.

Danneel has the biggest grin as she enters into the common room and dashes up the stairs and into her dorm. She whips in and slams the door behind her before letting out a squeal, luckily Daphne, Cass, and Zara are the only ones in the room.

"I'm guessing the date went well," Cass smirks.

"Accidently" Danneel beams.

"Well come sit," Zara exclaims and pats the bed next to her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 10.6K 30
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger met before they started at Hogwarts and became friends. But this was before Draco knew Hermione's blood status and...
2K 36 9
Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy have always hated each other since their first year at Hogwarts. After they were accidentally sent back in time, wo...
21 12 13
Draco Malfoy has just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But he is supposed to follow his family into Slytherin and becom...
2.1M 45.5K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...