The Soldier and Consulting De...

Od Queenofthenightmusic

Hazel Watson has been missing for eight years. The last time John saw his little sister was in Afghanistan be... Více

Before We Begin
Cast
Playlist
Welcome back, Agent Watson.
Sherlock Holmes
Where is the phone?
New Moon
The Stars
That's My Seat
Sweaterz
Sunglasses
Author's Note
He's Not a Freak
Cover Update!
Fooling the Idiot
Memory Lane
Nightmares
Paint
Updated the cover
I Fell
Soo Lin Yao
Handshake
The Date
The Black Lotus
Bang
Funny Case
Janus Cars
Flashbacks
Fake
Messages
Him
Secrets
Fedoras and Deerstalkers
Ashtray
The Woman
Christmas
Neilson
Jealousy
Moving On
Bloody Hell
Bluebell
Hound
Apologies
Screaming
Fear
Late Birthday Gift

Shit

561 23 2
Od Queenofthenightmusic

Hazel's POV

The streets of London are all a blur as I race to 221 B.

I can't believe I did that.

I don't know why its bothering me so much. It's not the first assasination I've had to do. I mean, I was a sniper in the army for Pete sake!

Maybe its because you almost got caught.

I nod my head in agreement. I was not alone in the building. The hand gun on my spare leg holster was proof of that.

Maybe its because the last time you shot a gun, you killed the wrong person.

Gripping the brake bar on the right handle, I come to a sudden stop at an intersection. I try to slow my breathing as I wait for the light to turn bright green. As I waited, a black taxi cab pulled up next to me.

Of course it had to be a damn cab.

I glanced over at the cab, but did a double take as I saw who was inside.

Goddamn Sherlock Holmes.

~~~~~
Sherlock's POV

After the whole incident at the college, I found John there, waiting patiently. It didn't take long to figure out who the first shooter was. Obviously, the shot was made by a person with experience, as the shot could not have been possible with an unstable hand. The shot was made the moment I was in immediate danger, indicating high moral standards. So the most probable suspect is someone with a military background and nerves of steel who owns a handgun: aka, John Watson.

Of course, I had no intention of exposing the man who had just saved my life.

However, the police managed to pull out a second bullet, and noticed a second bullet hole in the window, millimeters apart. The angle of the entry and size of the bullet would indicate that a sniper with very good aim had been the second shooter. However, the bullets are different.

They appear to be handmade, making it nearly impossible to track down the assailant. Eventually john and I managed to slip away from the crime scene, but not before Mycroft made himself known.

The whole conversation with him was, as always, dreadful and tedious. Anthea was not helpful in the slightest as she typed away on her cellphone.

Finally, I managed to haul a taxi to take us back home. It was, of course boring. My phone was providing no sort of entertainment when a thought entered my kind.

"John."

"Hhm?"

"Where is your handgun?" I questioned.

"Its right here in my..." his voice trailed off as he reached for where it should have been. John frantically began to search himself before he stopped to smack his forehead.

"Its in the building. I dropped it in the classroom."

While he continued to mutter about his stupidity, I rolled my eyes and texted Lestrade.

Have you found a handgun in the opposite building? Should be directly across from where I was. - SH

not a minute later did I get a reply.

No, there wasn't one there. Had the whole team search it. There was a shell there. We're running tests and background checks on it tomorrow.

I let out a scoff and rolled my eyes. Of course they didn't find it. Can't expect them to do anything right.

The cab paused at a red light, causing me to briefly look up from my phone.
Nothing in particular to observe inside the cabbie and John was still holding his head in worry about his gun. I again rolled my eyes and glanced outside to see a black motorcycle next to us.

Not new. Over ten years old. Well maintained. Expensive. Several dents in it. Can't afford to fix it. Must have been a gift.

As I continued to deduce the bike, I failed to notice the rider looking at me.

~~~~~
Hazel's POV

I could tell that he was deducing my bike simply from his gaze. I stared at his cheekbones and his tousled curly hair that looked pitch black from my tinted helmet shade. I was to bust staring to notice that thought had turned bright green.

An angry car honk brought me back into reality. I took my hand off the brake and pushed the gas. I had to get back before he did. I still have my rifle on me, along with the handgun.

Going way above the speed limit, I managed to get back to 221 B in about five minutes. I parked my bike in the back and hid it behind some trash bins to prevent it from being stolen. And just for extra measure, I attached a chain lock to a drain pipe to really secure it.

Love that way too much.

As quickly as I could, I ran up to the front door, unlocked it and ran into my flat, tossing my keys on the loveseat.

As I rushed to my room, I heard the door to the building open and two voices talking.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. SHIT.

I ripped off my helmet, rifle, leather jacket, gloves, and boots, and tossed them into my closet. I grabbed the first hoodie I could find and threw that on. I topped it off with a messy bun, just for good measure.

As I got ready to remove my socks and pants, a knock came pounding at my door.

Shit.

"Who is it?" I shouted.

"Its me, Sherlock. I need to talk to you."

I groaned as I walked out of my room with only one sock on and my bun falling out of place.

"Listen, I really don't want to talk to anyone right now, so can this wait until tomorrow?" Just as I finished my question, the door swung open, and Sherlock Holmes strutted into my flat.

"What the bloody hell are you doing in my flat?" I screamed in horror.

"You're door was unlocked. I figured I would let myself in." He replied calmly,as if this was an everyday thing.

"You can't just let yourself in willy nilly! That's not okay, Sherlock!"

I put my face in my hands and groaned in frustration. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I felt an oncoming headache.

"Just state your business and then get out."

"You were the other shooter at the college, weren't you?" He stated bluntly.

Shit.

I cross my arms and lean on my right side. "What makes you think that?"

Sherlock stalked over to me without breaking eye contact.

He's trying to intimidate me again.

I've never been one to back down from a fight that I know I can win, and this was no exception.

"You have John's handgun in your right leg holster."

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1122 words, a new chapter, new year, but still same me! *smiles through continuous stream of tears*

Jk!

Or am I?

Besides the point! I am still figuring out how Hazel will meet John again because I have an idea then I try to make it work and it doesn't sk I do shit like this (I know, swearing, escandala!)

But I hope each and everyone of you had a fantastic merry Christmas and a happy new year! I hope that this year will be better than the last (for me at least).

I'll leave on that note because there are other things to do.

Oh and before I forget! I would like to give a shout out to aeliziadubois because I just finished her story "Philophobia" and I honestly almost started crying. If you love Harry Potter, then go check it out!

I shout out to you because I haven't read a fanfic where I was almost in literal tears (all the other fanfics I read, when i am saying I'm "in tears" I'm just emotionally hurt that if it happened again, i might cry. Nothing wrong with your stories 😁 love all of you!), and yours literally left me with tears in my eyes. I even told my mom that I just finished a bittersweet book.

I'm also giving you a shout out because I just really wanted to! I'm not doing it for more readers (although it would be nice), I'm doing it because I genuienly believe that an awesome book like that deserves to be recognized, even if it's from me, a person that you probably have never heard of.

Anywho, I'm going to end on that happy little note and let all of you get on with your lives!

Please feel free to leave your comments, I really do read them, and if you have any writing tips, that is greatly appreciated! Happy new year to all!

Stay bright my stars!

Queen of the Night

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

181K 6.1K 44
Darcy Byrne, a surprisingly intelligent orphan girl from London, stumbles upon Jennifer Wilson's body at Brixton, Lauriston Gardens. She follows the...
3.9K 166 9
The world's only consulting detective, an ex-army doctor, an art therapist, and an American who loves music. These sound like four very different peo...
33.2K 1.4K 27
Beretta Holmes only wanted to live a life far away from the influence of her brothers. Holing herself up in a small town far away from Baker Street...
26.9K 1.5K 21
Everly Sapphire is happy. She's found new friends in John Watson and the brilliant Sherlock Holmes; her dad is off the booze and she's found a job th...