Protecting You ("The Shadows"...

Por oned_coolR9

"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her... Más

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
A/N
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
Epilogue.
Dedicated to...
Update...(A/N)
New Story!!!
Bonus Chapter ( I.)...
Bonus Chapter ( II.)
Bonus Chapter ( III.)
A Damn Author's Note!!!

XXXVI.

3.7K 155 10
Por oned_coolR9

Evan's POV

I sat between Alex and Ryan while Lily and Zach made breakfast. We all were staying at Lily's for a few days now. According to the nurse, which I found belonged to one of Lily's gang member's wife, said Laura will be waking up soon. The nurse's husband was the doctor, specially appointed for the gang. They were actually gang member's for field work, but then they wanted to settle down and Lily's father, Anthony, sent them to get their degrees to be a doctor. They wanted to serve people and had chosen the job when Anthony asked them what they wanted to do. The couple was really friendly and it was impossible for me to see them doing field work when they were young. Now they were around their 40's. Alex told us stories about the couple and we were impressed to hear how good they were when they were handling guns. It was quite fascinating.

"Here you go." Lily said bringing me out of my thoughts. I immediately started digging in the food and heard her chuckle while Zach sighed in exaggeration.

"Those are not the last few bites of food left in the world you know?" Ryan smirked. I shrugged and continued eating.

"A man needs food you know?" I said mocking him. He rolled his eyes as Alex snorted.

"Hope that doesn't show." Alex said and I gasped.

"You mean to say that you need an eye check-up? Dude this is drool worthy. Actually more than drool worthy. Every girl wants a taste of this." I said pointing towards my body.

"I don't want to know." Lily chimed in.

"Oh shush. You already got a taste of him. Why don't you tell us how - Oww!!! What the fuck man??!!" I yelled the last part when I got hit by a spoon. I glared at Ryan.

"That means you should shut up." Lily said hugging Ryan's form.

"Yeah. You should shut up. We'll talk about it later." Ryan said and was rewarded a smack right on his chest by Lily as she separated herself from him. She mock glared at him and turned around to pour herself some more coffee. We all chuckled while Ryan tried to get close to her but failed miserably.

I was happy for both of them. I knew how it felt to have no family and it was horrible to see Lily cry over a family she never wanted in the first place. Adam had done far too many wrong things to ruin her and Ryan's life and to be informed by your boyfriend's ex that the guy you hated the most was actually your biologically father who also killed your mother brutally was devastating.

I had seen my mother's and father's life slip in front of me and I was merely 10. It took a toll on me and the events that followed after that incident made me who I am today.

I saw Lily as my sister and so did Zach, but he rarely showed his emotions. I never hesitated to make Lily feel comfortable around me and I wanted her to feel loved. I knew Ryan was doing a great job and we all were trying. But it was like we were ignoring the elephant in the room.

But for now, if that is how we can distract Lily for some more time, we will do just that. Distract her.

"I have some work to do. Zach you're coming with me. Lily you can stay here with Evan." Ryan said as he stood up from his place and kissed Lily before he left, Zach following behind.

"I can take care of a few things related to our business. I'll come by later." Alex said as he stood up and hugged Lily.

"But I want to help too. I'm your boss." Lily tried to fight him.

"I know but you need rest for now. I'll call you if I need anything. Please." He said with desperation to which Lily sighed and agreed. He hugged her again and patted my shoulder before leaving too.

"Do you have games around here?" I asked to which Lily nodded her head rapidly. She looked too cute.

I sat on the bean bag while Lily jumped around me doing a victory dance. She had won the third time in mortal combat against me. I sulked like a child and any civilian would have thought we were normal too and not killers in mafia.

She sat down beside me exhaling, tired of her dance. I glanced at her as I threw the controller on the floor.

"Who taught you how to play this?" I asked curiously. She waited for sometime before taking deep breaths.

"Jim taught me. I was getting bored one day and was grounded so he stayed with me and bought me this game. We played and played until that game no longer worked. It crashed. So I bought another one. We were obsessed with it. He taught me a lot of things." She said, a faint smile on her face, her eyes distant as if remembering those days.

"Did he also educate you on hand to hand combat and guns?" I asked.

"He did." She replied.

"Whoa! Remind me not to mess with you whenever you're angry. You looked like a demon, no offense. You scared the shit out of me in the basement." This time she held a confused expression on her face.

"Why? I thought you were used to this brutality?" She asked genuinely, her voice soft.

"I am. But not from you. I never thought I would see you being so cold and...I don't know. I just don't want to see you that way. Like us. We are merciless and I'm not being sexist here. I just feel like you're that...nevermind." I said cutting myself off.

"What am I? Evan tell me. I want to know what you wanted to say." Her voice had an edge of desperation in it. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed loudly before starting.

"You're that innocence in our life that we crave. That Ryan craves. I and Zach crave. Every guy does. I don't know what it is. But we are calm when you're near us. Especially Ryan. He's wrapped around your fingers. And it's not a bad thing in any way. He needs that stability. We all need it and you bring it in us. Ryan's family is kept away from us. Every member's family stays away from them for safety reasons. But you already being a part of it, we can't lock you up. We know you will fight and we want you to be safe. And that is only possible if you stay with us. We are calm because of you. You are our strength and weakness. We don't know what we'll do without you if anything happened to you." I exhaled and glanced at her. She had tears brimming in her eyes. I continued.

"I was 10 when I lost my family. A few guys with guns had barged in our house and killed my parents in front of me. I was hiding under the bed because my mum asked me to promise her that I stay there. She was seven months pregnant. I was going to have a little sister. It was just a normal night with my family. The goons didn't know I was there. They thought I fled. Glasses were broken everywhere. Blood splattered on the walls. I fled the place as soon as I heard sirens. Fortunately one of those goons' wallet was on the floor. Maybe it slipped from his pocket. There was his photo. He was an amateur. Who keeps a wallet while handling guns and shit??!! I was homeless. Nobody tried to find me. I was on the streets for five years. I got involved in drug dealing and things like that. I got money for doing my job and was whipped if I failed. I had one target. To find that bastard and others. Murderers of my parents. Ryan's father found me when they raided a club. I was 15 then. He took me without severe questioning. Ryan was the first one to approach me. He wanted to be my friend. I don't know why. I still don't know...never asked. Zach was the next. And then the others followed. One day Ryan told me that his father had found the guy from the photo I had. He asked me why I had that picture. I told him, his father and Zach. They took me to the guy. He was one of Adam's close contact." I heard Lily exhaling sharply and continued.

"I killed him. Ryan and Zach held him when the bullet went straight through his head. He was bloodied already. We had a fight. Hand to hand. I had beaten him badly. All that bottled up anger and frustration. I wanted to see his face when I kill him. That's why he was held. He was already dying. Why not make it quick? That night I killed each and every one of them. Five. Five men. All belonged to Adam. I was in trauma for a month when the adrenaline rush left my body. Ryan and Zach took care of me along with Ryan's mother. His sister bought me food and played games with me. She was my best friend. She still is. I never liked her in that way and neither did she. That's why Ryan's family allowed her near me and no one else, not even Zach. Zach was never interested in girls anyway. He has his own reasons. Ryan's family became my family. I owe them my life." We sat silently for some time.

Suddenly Lily was sitting on my lap, crying on my shoulder. I hugged her tightly and we sat there quietly.

"You had to go all through that at such a young age. I'm so sorry." She said between her sobs. I ran my hand through her hair, trying to calm her down.

"It's not your fault. Don't cry. It makes me emotional." I said and pulled her away. Taking her face in between my palms, I looked straight at her.

"I don't want to see my sister cry." She hiccuped again and hugged me back. I returned her action and pulled her even closer, speaking sweet nothings to her. We sat that way for God knows how long.

"Evan are you in - What happened? Are you two okay?" Ryan said as he and Zach entered the room hurriedly. They kneeled down beside our entangled form and gave us worried glances.

"My life story happened." I shrugged. Lily pulled away and ran her hand across my cheek. I realized I was crying too. I gave all of them small smiles. They sighed and passed me sympathetic smiles before hugging me. It was definitely a group hug. Lily was hugging me while Ryan and Zach had their arms around us.

"Hey!!! Why was I left out there?" Alex voice was heard before another pair of arms joined our group hug and we all chuckled. We all separated after sometime and looked at each other.

This is what I wanted. A family. And I had it. No one will be able to take this away from me. I'll make sure of it.

...

Hey my beautiful beautiful babies!!! Merry Christmas!!! I know it's been too long. I was busy and my tests are going on. The college is too much sometimes, but I'm managing well now. This chapter was a bit emotional for me. It's been a month since I last wrote something. I am very happy today but I have another test in college tomorrow. But you all deserved this update. It was long overdue.

So how was it? Share your thoughts and comment on this chapter. Vote if you like it. And I'll try to update soon.

This was the first time I have given Evan's POV. I love this *imaginary* guy. That's why I decided to share his life story with you'll.

Add this book to your library to remain updated. Again...Share, comment and click the star button down there👇if you like it. I'm especially asking the silent readers out there. I would really appreciate it if you give some kind of feedback on my chapters. It will mean a lot to me. But it's okay if you don't want to.

Till next time...

Lots Of Love and Treat People With Kindness✌

-R

...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1M 42.3K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...
36.7K 873 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
2.3M 67.6K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
154K 2.8K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...