Lessons Learned

By urluvissuicide

Sierra Cowell has been through a traumatic event in her life, losing her parents in a horrible car crash when... More

Prologue
Impact
Nerve
Breakfast
Want
Flowers
Exile
Caught
Truth
Comfort
Black
Broken
Rejection
Accused
Payback
Frustration
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Admission
Dumped
Uncharted
Dinner
Flip
Rebound
Kiss Me (extra Sarry scene)
Return
Changes
Gymnastics
WTF
Jealous
Make-Up

Attacked

462 10 2
By urluvissuicide

Sierra's POV:

The night was a whirlwind.  It started off with me and the girls making sure the boy's and ourselves had packed all our things, because we wouldn't be coming back to the hotel.  As soon as all our luggage was lined down the hallway of the 5th floor, we had to rush over to the venue to meet the boys for the meet and greet.

The meet and greet was insane, Kaylyn was quick to assure me that they usually were.  There was 100 screaming girls crowded into one room, so I was glad that I had packed plenty of aspirin in my purse.  I couldn't believe the gifts they would give to the boys, food, letters, stuffed animals, and carrots.  I was totally confused about the carrot thing, until Katelyn filled me in. 

Later, me and the girls watched the show from a vip booth on the side of the stage.  The show was amazing.   Olly Murs did a great set, I was completely impressed by his voice and how he worked the crowd.  Plus, he was sexy. 

 I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, so I will gladly admit that I underestimated the boys.  When they came onto the stage and started singing, I realized how incredibly talented they are and I was in awe.

When the boys started on their last song, we left the vip booth and headed backstage, because as soon as the song was over we would rush out to the tour busses and head to the next stop.

"So, what's with you and Olly?" Katelyn asked as we walked along the long hallway to get to the backstage area.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, blushing.

"I heard he sent you flowers," Kalyn said, teasingly.

"Yes, he did,"

"So!" Katelyn pushed, raising an eyebrow.

"He sent me flowers," I ran ahead of them a little bit and walked backwards.  "Just because he sent me flowers doesn't mean any-" I stopped, when I felt my back ram into someone.  "Oh shit, I'm-"  I turned around to find Harry wearing nothing more than a pair of boxers.

The rest of the boys shuffled around behind him, quickly pulling on the clothes that they were wearing before the show.

Harry smirked.  "I guess we're even now,"

"Even?" I raised an eyebrow, feeling my cheecks flush as I looked over his chest.  "I didn't knock you down and nearly kill you,"

"I didn't nearly kill you," he pulled his jeans on with a chuckle.

"Hurry it up, boys!" Jasper called.  "Don't wanna give these fangirls the chance to crowd the busses!!"

Harry pulled on his tshirt and grabbed my hand, he pulled me along as we were rushed outside.  Girls were already outside the venue, standing outside the fence screaming.  The boys waved to as many girls as they could, before we were shuffled into the buses. 

We were split up into two seperate buses.  Kaylyn, Zayn, Katelyn, and Niall in the first, then Harry, Louis, Liam and myself in the second. I have to admit, as much as I wasn't looking forward to having to room with a bunch of guys, I was kinda hoping I'd be able to see more of what I saw backstage.

"Can you believe that crowd?" Louis asked, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Oh my god," Liam sighed, obviously still in shock. 

"I couldn't believe it," Harry added, sitting down on the couch a few feet away from me.

"So, Miss Critic," Louis sat at the table with a smirk.  "Let's hear it,"

"What?" I blushed.

"How was it?" Liam pressed on. 

I looked at the two of them with a smirk.  "It was good,"

"Ah ha!" Harry pointed, "I knew you'd admit it at some point!"

"Shutup," I shook my head.  "Where am I sleeping?"

"Tired already?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

"I'm exhausted.  I don't know how you guys keep up with all this,"

"It's because we're awesome," he smirked.

"Come on, love," Liam stood up and offered me his hand.  "You can have your first pick of the bunks,"

~~*~*~*~*~*

Harry's POV:

"Don't pick a top bunk!" I called down the hallway as Liam ushered Sierra to the back of the bus. "I'm always on top!"

Louis looked at me with a smirk.  "How straight forward of you,"

I looked at him with a chuckle. "Honestly, I didn't mean it that way,"

"Sure,"

I stood to my feet and stretched.  "I am so pumped up right now,"

The boys and I were always like this after a show, it took a while for the rush of adrenaline to disappear.  I always had enough energy afterwards that I could probably run a marathon. Unfortunetely, after the shows we were usually stuck in a bus, therefore we really couldn't do anything.

"Oh what to do..." Louis grinned at me deviously, picking up one of the video game controllers off the table.

"Are you challenging me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Pfft," Louis made a face.  "How can I challenge someone who I always beat?"

"Bullshit!"

"Admit it, Hazza," he brushed his chocolate hair to the side of his forehead.  "You suck,"

"Do not," I replied, waiting for the gaming system to power on.

"Did you get the princess all tucked in to bed?" Louis turned his head to look at Liam as he reammerged from the back.

"She got all comfy and cozy, until her phone rang," Liam grinned.  "Olly,"

"Olly?" I raised an eyebrow.  "Seriously?"

"Seriously," he replied, sitting back down next to me.

"Maybe love is blossoming..." Louis said in a sing song voice.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.  How ridiculous!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sierra's POV:

"See you soon, love.  Sweet dreams,"

I ended the call on my phone, smiling brightly at the last words Olly had said to me.  The butterflies in my stomach felt more like popcorn.  He was so incredibly sweet, just adorable.

I rolled onto my side, facing the small curtain that closed the small bunk off from the rest of the bus. I was tired, but I knew that until the butterflies in my stomach decided to rest there's no way that I would be able to sleep, so I decided to check my email, twitter and various other things.

I've never been in a tour bus before, but it was actually pretty nice.  My bunk was equipped with it's own tiny tv and a electrical sockets so I could charge my phone and ipad.

"Shit," I heard a rugged voice from the other side of the curtain.  I raised an eyebrow and moved to slide the curtian open. I found a naked Harry, picking reaching down to pick his phone up off the ground.

"What the hell," I said in a shriek.

"I figured you were sleeping," he said, standing to his feet.

"I was on the, I mean, I was trying to, but I mean, I-" 

Oh my god I couldn't concentrate with his naked body staring me in the face!  I simply laid back and closed my curtain once again.  "I was on the phone, but now I'm trying to wind down in order to fall asleep,"

"Oh," he replied.  I could hear the chuckle in his voice, he knew he had embarassed me.  I heard and felt the bunk above me creak as he climbed into it.

"Maybe you should put some clothes on,"

"I sleep naked," he replied. "And don't think that I didn't notice you staring at my ding-a-ling,"

My face crinkled in annoyance.  "Shutup,"

"I'm just saying,"

"There isn't much there to stare at, anyway,"

"Oooh!" he laughed heartily.  "Oooohhhh kay!"

"Shutup and go to sleep,"

"I'm trying, but this annoying girl underneath me won't stop making noise," he said.  "But, then again, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me,"

"You're such a pig," I said hitting the roof of my bunk.

"If you were hoping that I felt that in some way, I didn't," he sighed.  "I bet it hurt your hand more,"

"Uggghh!!!" I groaned and covered my head with a pillow.  "SHUT UP!"

I could hear his arrogant chuckling.  What a fucking bastard.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaylyn's POV:

We arrived at the hotel around 2am, I was more than happy to get up and head up to our room.   I hated the bunks in the buses.  They were so tiny, especially tiny when you and your boyfriend have to sleep directly next to each other.

Everyone had met up in the lobby, then moved upstairs to their rooms.  This time though, the arrangments had changed, we were one room short.  Which meant that Sierra was going to have to share a room with Liam, Louis, or Harry.  

Sierra was pissed, because Jasper and Paul immediatly wanted to stick her with Harry.  Liam offered to share a room with her, but we all agreed that him or Louis' sharing a room with her would not look good if the paparazzi found out.

"I'll just take my suitcase and sleep outside," Sierra snapped.  "I am not sleeping in the same room as that....thing," she said, giving Harry an evil glare.

"What the fuck," Harry threw his hands up, chuckling.  "Paul! I'm too tired for this shit! Come on!"

"Okay, okay," I stepped in.  "I got it.  Harry and Zayn can share a room for tonight, I'll go with Sierra,"

"What?" Zayn looked at me with a pout.  "Baby!"

"It's only for the rest of tonight and tomorrow night," I turned to him, forcing a smile.  "It'll be okay,"

Sierra reached out to touch my shoulder.  "No, forget it, I'll go with Harry,"

"Nope," I turned to her with a chipper smile.  "It's no big deal.  We can finish becoming best friends!" 

"But, I-"

"Let's go," I grabbed 2 rooms keys from Paul, then turned to grab Sierra's hand.  "Goodnight, guys,"  I pecked a quick kiss on Zayn's lips.  "I love you,"

~*~*~*~*~

Sierra's POV:

Great, now I feel bad.  I can't believe my whining led to Kaylyn giving up her room with Zayn.  They hardly get to spend enough time together as it is! 

"Turn the light off, love," she threw herself onto the right side of the bed.  "Don't get freaked out if I start to cuddle you," she said with a giggle.

"I feel so bad, I'm so sorry," I turned the light off and kicked off my toms, then moved to crawl into the bed beside her.

"It's okay, honey," she replied.  "Trust me, sometimes Zayn and I need some time a part anyway.  I'm pre-menstrual anyway, so this is good,"

"I really am sorry-"

"Now now, that's enough of that," she hushed me.  "There's no show tonight, so we get to sleep in.  The faster you hush and go back to sleep, the sooner we get to enjoy sleeping in,"

It was nearly 1pm when I finally rolled out of bed, Kaylyn was already dressed and gone by the time I got up.  I had heard her mention something the night before about being excited for her and Zayn to check out one of the art museum's nearby.

I took a quick shower, put on minimal makeup,  just mascara and some lip gloss, and scrunched some gel into my long curls.  I dressed for the day in a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and my pair of black Toms.

I stepped grabbed my purse and stepped out of the hotel room, my stomach was rumbling and I needed food.  When I closed the door behind me, I heard a familiar voice call my name.  I turned to find Louis walking down the hall with Olly. 

"Oh," I blushed, brushing my hair behind my ear.  "Hi,"

"Hello beautiful lady," Olly took my hand and planted a kiss on it.  "Did you rest well, love?"

"Yes," I smiled.  "What about you?"

"Slept like a rock,"

"Hey, Olly and I were headed out to get some lunch, wanna come?" Louis asked.

"Sure. You always read my mind when it comes to food," I giggled. "We must share the same stomach,"

"No, no," Louis looked at me with a teasing wink.  "My stomach is much flatter,"

"Oh my god!" I giggled and reached out to slap his arm.

"How rude," Olly laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*

Louis' POV:

I'm not sure of what exactly was happening right infront of my eyes.  Sierra, Olly, and myself were at a small mexican restaurant that we had found close to the hotel.  I could hardly get a word in during our meal.  Finally, I just sat back and ate my food, listening them talk back and forth.

"I still can't believe that your uncle is who he is," Olly said.  "And you didn't know anything about the boys or myself,"

Sierra took a drink of her iced tea and shrugged.  "Honestly, I've been so busy with all my personal happenings that I haven't really paid attention, plus I prefer to stay out of the spotlight,"

"Well, you've done a good job," he replied.  "I don't think anyone knows he even has a niece,"

"Oh, they know," she sighed.  "Uncle Simon's just paid to keep me out of the tabloids and what not,"

"Tabloids?  Why would you bein the tabloids?"

"Well, I haven't been the best girl in the world," Sierra looked up at him and made a face.  "I've been in trouble a couple of times,"

"Just bailed out of jail the other day, wreckless driver, this one," I nodded in Olly's direction, taking another bite of my taco. 

"Oh my!" Olly chuckled.  "Bad girl!"

Sierra blushed and shook her head.  "I never said I was proud of it,"

"So, I have a question," Olly looked at her with bright eyes and a grin.

"What would that be?"

"I saw the lights of a carnival when we pulled into the hotel this morning," he grinned.  "Go with me tonight?"

Sierra smiled at him, her cheeks flushing.  "Sure,"

The hell just happened?   Right infront of me?  Wow!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sierra's POV:

I stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in a pair of denim high-waisted shorts, a white top with black crosses, and a pair of grey converse.  I did my makeup with an incredible smokey eye.  I was excited! I haven't been to a carnival in over a year and it was always something that I enjoyed.

"Did you pack protection in your purse?" Kaylyn asked from the bed.  She was laying on her stomach reading a magazine.

"Oh dear god!" I laughed.  "Come on! I would never!"

She held her hands up making an innocent face. "I said the same thing! Now I'm doing it with Zayn almost every night!"

"Speaking of Zayn," I said fluffing my curls in the mirror on the back of the door.  "Where is he?"

"Oh, it's kind of a tradition with Paul, he takes the boys to dinner atleast once a week, just the guys,"

"What about Katelyn?  Are you gonna be alone all night?"

"Katelyn has a cousin here in town that she's hanging out with for a bit," she replied.  "I'm a big girl, I can handle some time alone.  Plus, Harry's just across the hall,"

"He didn't go to dinner?"

"No, Zayn said he has a stomach bug or something.  Not feeling well, so he's in bed,"

 I nodded and turned to stand infront of her.  "Does this look okay?"

"You look adorable, love! Absolutely ravishing!"

"Thanks," I smiled just as my head jerked to the door, where there was a gentle knock.

"Oooh," Kaylyn said in a teasing voice.

I opened the door to find Olly standing outside with a gentle grin on his face. He was dressed in a black and white plaid shirt, with a black cardigan pulled over, with a pair of black chinos.   "Hello, love," he smiled.

The carnival was fantastic, between the rides and the great carnival food that I loved so much.  Unfortunetely, our night was coming to a close as we reached the top of the ferris wheel, looking down over the lights of the city. 

This was the third time we had rode it in the past 30 minutes, it was so  great getting know him.  I had learned so much about his family, about his past, and how he's gotten where he is today. 

"I've had so much fun," Olly touched the side of my face with his free hand, the other was gently holding my hand.

"So have I," I smiled.  He brushed his thumb across my cheek and pressed his lips against mine, giving me a gentle peck.

"We're gonna have to hang out some more,"

"Of course," I nodded as the ferris wheel made it's descent back to the ground.  Olly jumped out of the cart and held his hand out, to help me.    The carnival worker handed me the large purple teddy bear that Olly had won for me earlier, playing carnival games. 

"Give me that," Olly reached out to take it from me.  "That's too heavy for you to be lugging around,"

I giggled at how sweet he was.  What a doll.

~*~*~*~*

Harry's POV:

I had just used the back entrance of the hotel to make it back into the hotel lobby, my black beanie pulled snuggly over my head. I hadn't gone to dinner with Paul and the boys because I felt horrible.  I don't know if it was nerves or what, but my head was pounding to the point of making me nauseous.

I approached the elevators and spotted Olly and Sierra walking back into the lobby, hand in hand. Louis mentioned earlier that Olly had asked her to the carnival.  What a loser.  A carnival? Yeah, okay, I probably would of done the same.  Shutup.

"Hey Harry," Olly smiled, holding her hand as the two moved to stand next to me, waiting for the elevator that I had just pressed.

"Hey," I forced a smile.  "How was the carnival?"

"It was fun,"

"It was fantastic," Sierra smiled, resting her head against his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes.  If she was trying to make me jealous it wasn't working.  Then again, I've never been a very convincing liar. 

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, just in time, because from behind me a heard a familiar shriek.

"OH MY GOD!!! IT'S HARRY!!!!" the young girl pointed me out to her friends. "AND OLLY MURS!!!"

"Fuck," I murmured and jumped into the elevator.  I had no problem bonding with fans, but my head was killing me.  "Hurry up," I growled at Sierra and Olly.

"You guys go ahead," Olly said with a chuckle and gently pushed Sierra into the elvator with me.  "I turned this girl down earlier, I don't want to do it again,"

"Are you sure?" Sierra reached out to hold the elevator doors open, but I slapped her hand away.

"Goodnight, mate," I waved to Olly.

"You're an ass," Sierra looked at me with a glare.  "You just threw your friend to the wolves,"

"I don't feel well," I replied.  "Get off my back for once,"

Sierra's POV:

"I don't feel well," he said. "Get off my back for once,"

"Fuck you," I snapped.

"Classy, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"" he snapped back as the elevator dinged and the doors opened once more.

"I swear to god, I fucking hate you," I stepped out of the elevator and turned around, using my arms to hold the doors open and block him from getting out.  "My parents died when I was 10, maybe you should do some research before you run your mouth to me,"

Harry's face went blank as I turned on my heel to walk away from him.  "Sierra," he called after me.  "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to,"

"Just shutup," I snapped, moving down the hallway to my room as tears welled up into my eyes.

"No, really!" he followed me.  "I am so sincerely sorry,"

"Whatever," I said, then crinkled my nose noticing the door to me and Kaylyn's room opened halfway.

"Please forgive me,"

"Just go away," I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me, then flipped the light on. 

There truly are no words that could possibly describe the sight that was infront of me.   Clothes were strewn across the room, hotel glasses were smashed, lamps were knocked over. 

"Kaylyn!" I gasped, when I caught sight of her.  She was in a heap in the corner, her knees pulled to her chest.  Her pajamas were ripped and there was a wad of her hair lying beside her.  I immediatly threw myself to my knees next to her.  "Oh my fucking god, what happened,"

She looked up at me and started sobbing.  Her makeup was running down her face.  She had a busted lip and a black eye.   "What happened," I repeated, but she didn't answer.  There was no one around and I didn't know what else to do.  I turned my head towards the door and screamed.  "HARRY!!! HELP!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 68 24
Andy's parents die in car accident. Now Andy and her three siblings have to move from Canada to England to live with their Aunt Lily. Andy is very an...
15.4K 384 29
I was born in a beautiful family. I have the best mother, father and brother. I can sing, dance and play guitar. But just only one talent in our fami...
6K 209 39
Rachel Florence is gifted in most areas of her life--except luck. When her parents pass away, she goes to live with Simon Cowell. One Direction becom...
28.6K 830 35
Ella is just a normal 17 years old small-town girl. She just finished High School and started her summer vacation. When the summer is over she's plan...