Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

By Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 36

1.7K 36 20
By Innocence51

The Secret (Prelude)

---

Nagisa's POV

It wasn't long until Karma and I both reached the same baseball stadium to meet up with the rest of our former classmates.

Although once we got there, I was starting to forget something.

Thinking that it mustn't be important, I then met up with the rest of the former students of class 3E, but it appears that they haven't finished the preparations yet.

Some of them were still setting up the tables and chairs, and others were in charge of the electronics. Things were pretty busy, but I like seeing how everyone is cooperating.

Meanwhile, just as I was looking around, I noticed Kanzaki and Okuda talking with each other while sitting at the seats. I noticed a feeling that something was missing other than the two of them, so I approached the girls after telling Karma that I'm going to talk with them.

"Hey Kanzaki, Okuda." I waved at them as I walked toward them.

"Oh hi, Nagisa." Kanzaki replied.

"Is there something you want from us?" Okuda asked.

"Uhh, yeah, umm... Have you seen Kayano?" I asked.

"Kayano? Hmm, no. Did you hear something from her Kanzaki?" Okuda switches her attention to Kanzaki.

"No, I haven't...Oh wait! I take that back! She mailed me awhile ago saying that she's going to wait for someone to get her from a nearby train station." Kanzaki explained.

"She's waiting...? For who—!!?" 

In just a split second, I finally remembered what I completely forgot just now! The plans we made together this lunch!!

Oh crap oh crap oh crap! She's definitely gonna get mad, I just know it! I have to hurry!!

I immediately started running when I eventually remembered that Kayano wanted to meet up  with me first before heading over here.

But to reach her on time, I decided to approach Karma for help and asked for his car key. Fortunately, he agreed on letting me borrow his car for today and I went dashing towards the parking lot before starting its engine and drive toward the location that I was mailed a few hours ago.

Thank God Kayano mailed me her exact location, but I can't deal being troubled by the numerous missed calls I noticed as soon as I turned on my phone. I don't really know which train station she'll be waiting and I'll definitely run out of time if I went to check all the surrounding train stations from here, so it's a good thing she sent actually one.

———————————————————

Kayano's POV

Earlier Morning...

"Haruna?! That's not how you do it! This is how you do it!" The director of the show I was working with scolded me after I acted an imperfect play. He then acts how I should do it.

"I'm sorry! Totally sorry!" I apologized afterwards.

"Back from the top, people!" Ignoring my apology, the director orders everyone to rewind everything back to the start.

I sighed and pretended that any of that didn't happen before we started shooting one more time.

Time Skip >>>

What's wrong with me?

After I was given a break, I changed my clothes in the dressing room and settled on a bench past way outside to get some air for awhile.

Just then, I noticed all my effortless acting I made in front of everyone earlier. My acting's been pretty dull lately, and it feels like I ran out of energy this morning. I shouldn't have gone to work today.

"Kaede! There you are!" At the midst of my post-realization, Klein found me and went running toward where I was.

"Hey Klein." I answered in a weak tone.

"What's wrong with you today? You don't seem to look like yourself?" Klein asked, but I didn't look at him for now.

"I'm just tired, that's all." I lied.

Honestly, the root of all this is something that's been bothering me inside my head. It's not because I slept late last night, but something's been urging me to let out this feeling.

Though, not right now.

... !?

However, all of a sudden, a force grabs my head and was immediately placed into something comfy. That was when I realized Klein was letting me use his lap for a pillow so that I could rest.

"What are you doing?!" I obviously got flustered after what he just did.

"Don't mind me and just rest!" Klein insisted.

Although, I don't really seem to dislike my current position, so I stayed like that for awhile.

"Have things at your end been rough lately?" Klein suddenly asks as he started to caress my hair.

I let out a sigh.

"I just don't get it. Why would someone decide to steal our classroom just so they could use it to kidnap somebody?" I eventually started expressing the feelings I was suppress to let out.

"Your classroom?" Klein couldn't quite understand where I was going, so he asked.

"I meant my former classroom that's been precious to me for decades. Apparently, some random school decided to take it away from me but it was only used." I explained.

"What do you mean?" Klein asked again.

"We eventually found out last night that a foreigner was kidnapped and stored at a basement under the classroom. I was confused back then, but now it got me irritated."

That means I'm still confused but totally stressed out by it.

"Oh. Is that so?" After he said that though, Klein suddenly stops caressing my hair and froze for a few seconds.

I noticed him spacing out so I went to look at him. I saw he was looking at something but feels like he just remembered something on his mind.

"Hey, are you okay?" I got a little worried so I called out to him.

"Ahh!? S-Sorry, I was spacing out. I suddenly remembered that I have something to do! I'll take my leave now!" Klein stood up as he right away before going away and left.

"Weird. What was all that about?" Now I was confused about his behavior, but I guess I shouldn't worry about that any further. I mean, this is Klein we're talking about here. 

Another Time Skip >>> at the present...

Today, I'm meeting up with Nagisa and head toward the previous gathering location together.

This time, I have decided. I gathered up my courage after work and decided to tell him the truth today.

It's not just about the classroom that's been bothering me, but also about the secret I exposed to Karma a few days ago.

I realized it's been a burden to keep my act around Nagisa the whole time, even though I promised that I shouldn't do it anymore the last time I acted as one of class 3E only to get my revenge.

So I came to a decision. I already know the consequences, but I must tell him. I think...I think I'm ready.

That's why I requested that we meet up first before going to the baseball stadium so that on the way, I can explain things to him.

Let's just hope things will go easy as what I have in mind.

On Kayano's Mind...

"Nagisa, I'm getting married! I hope you understand, but I'm doing this because I don't want to lose my job!"

"Is that so? Then I guess I don't have a choice but to support you then. I fully understand!"

End of Kayano's thoughts...

Well that went well, I think.

———————————————————

It's been an hour and a half but Nagisa's still not around nor replying to my mails. I've been trying to reach him by calls, but it appears that his phone is dead.

Or maybe, is he ignoring me?

That might be the case. But I don't think that's happening, so I continued to wait for him just in front of a train station that's close by to the stadium.

"Kayano!!" Eventually, a few minutes later, I heard a voice far away that's calling my name.

My senses perked and I immediately went to find where that came from. Eventually, I saw Nagisa finally coming over, although, was running toward my position.

Switch to Nagisa's POV

I finally reached the train station Kayano had the marked map mailed and was running and running until I finally found her waiting just in front the station.

"Kayano!!" While I was running, I called out her name. Luckily, she heard it and saw me running toward her as I continue to reach her.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" Once I reached her, I immediately went to catch my breath.

"Where have you been? You look like you were running from your school to here." Kayano noticed my sweat running down across my face and tells me that.

"Sorry! I had...things...I had...to do!" I said those words in the middle of my heavy breathing.

"It's okay, as long as you're here. Anyway, let's wait until you finish catching your breath and then head over to the stadium." Kayano fortunately forgave me.

"Okay!" I was still out of breath.

———————————————————

Back to Kayano's POV

As soon as Nagisa had calmed down, he mentioned about him bringing Karma's car. I was surprised and wondered why would he have Karma's car, but he led me to where he parked it and went toward the stadium without learning about it.

Now that I'm riding it again, when was the last time I rode this car with Nagisa by the way? Oh right. It was at that time when we started to pretend that we were dating to trick Nagisa's mother. Those were such fun times, actually. Although, I feel bad knowing that all of those were just a lie.

Suddenly, while we were on our way towards the same baseball stadium, I suddenly started feeling strange. When I remembered the past, my thoughts were beginning to be clouded.

"Nagisa?" I suddenly muttered his name.

"Hmm? What's up?" He responded, but I could feel that he wasn't looking at me due to his focus being on the road.

This is it. I have tell him about my secret. I must tell him. I just need to!

"..."

Huh? This is strange. W-Why can't I say it? Why am I hesitating??

My thoughts were more cloudy than before and my chest started to burn.

I stared at Nagisa while I froze just like that, hesitating to say what I really wanted to tell him.

I found it unexpected, really. I was ready. I was ready to tell him and accept the consequences. But, for some reason, my voice won't let me speak my mind. It's like a coincidental soar throat.

"Kayano? What's wrong?" While Nagisa glanced at me and back focusing toward the road, he said those words gently.

Hearing how he pronounced his expressions, how can I tell him that I'm getting married in a cheerful voice and out of the blue like that?

And then, it finally hit me. A few realization, and I noticed the thing I missed.

Ah, Nagisa's been by my side longer than anyone else. How could I not notice it?

While those thoughts flooded my mind, I started to cry all of a sudden. I couldn't stop it, but I also couldn't move.

Luckily, I already had my head turned away from him so he can't see them for now.

Why am I so foolishHow can I be this stupidWhy didn't I thought of that??

My fists started to clench by itself while they were leaning on my lap. I gently bent my head lower to hide my face from being revealed to Nagisa for now while I was into realization.

Why am I not being so considerate of his feelings? Why? Why?!

I closed my eyes and started to tremble. My plan was shattered just like that. I never knew that my thoughts were a lot farther than reality. Just by seeing Nagisa's cheerful face and imagine ruining it, all hope and strength within me suddenly flowed out from me.

Ah, I see. I understand now. It's not my mind that's hesitating. It's my heart and its feelings.

But amidst the tears and the loss of composure, I did my best to gather what little courage I could muster and try again.

"Nagisa? Listen, there's something that I need to tell you."

---

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 518 21
The third instalment of the Luffy x Hancock series Trilogy but can be read as a Standalone Set in the Movie Stampede, Hancock is invited to the Pira...
30.2K 798 16
The first time Gendry walks through the gates of Winterfell, Arya didn't even talk to him. She had her reasons for that. Mostly because it was an ove...
310K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
53K 1.1K 33
Every day life at Magic High. Everyone ships them in school as well and Tatsuyas friends as well as some student council members are included. 🙂❤ On...