Instinct ↠ Liam Dunbar

By Iydiamartin

❝Pain is only instinct, and instinct is what makes us human.❞ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀When Scott McCall's younger si... More

| zero: prologue
| one: adventitious
| two: certitude
| three: luminosity
| four: efficacious
| five: clairvoyant
| six: divulge
| seven: inundate
| eight: normalcy
| nine: segregation
| ten: ephialtes
| twelve: inebriate
| thirteen: endearment
| fourteen: resolute
| fifteen: trauma
| sixteen: interstellar
| seventeen: nostalgia
| eighteen: intuition
| nineteen: epilogue
| bonus: texting

| eleven: socialite

24.1K 605 513
By Iydiamartin

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Socialite
⠀⠀⠀⠀  

I got the answers I wanted. All the necessary ones anyway. Tonight was the night Scott finally found the need to tell me everything. Something clicked inside him apparently, and now he was more than willing to let his little sister in on the big facts. He said I deserve to know the truth whether it will terrify me or not. And it did terrify me. Each and every word created a hole inside me that felt like it could only be filled with normalcy. There's not a day in Beacon Hills where my friends don't get a break, and since I'm apart of the supernaturals now, I guess I'll have no choice but to feel that way too.

The first thing Scott had answered was my questions about Lindy. I hadn't been on the clearest terms about why she showed up at school, where she is now or if she's a werewolf. Scott had started with the school first, so I was beyond confused when he mentioned how she knew the quarantine was going to happen.

So let me order it like this. First of all, Lindy is a werewolf, but it doesn't stop there. Scott and Stiles believe she's got the psychic ability of a Banshee, but Lindy didn't hang around long enough for them to get answers. All they do know is that she showed up in the Hale vault with them only to 'save' them from hurting themselves. A lot that did, considering she had become infected as well. After my little encounter with her and Scott in the hallway, she bailed after Scott had told her that Satomi - her Alpha - was at the hospital. Nobody's seen her, Satomi or Brett since then. No one knows if they're okay, or if there are anymore pack members of theirs. All I can tell is that Lindy's probably losing her mind after her sisters death. I'd do the same if that were to ever happen to Scott.

The second thing I learned is what happened during the quarantine. Stiles had figured that keeping Scott, Kira and Malia in the Hale vault will help to 'quarantine them from the quarantine'. To shorten the story, the quarantine was caused by an assassin working for the school by the name of Simon. The guy was a psychotic genius since he was able to weaponise an old disease that use to spread within the canine species. During his attempt of finding Scott and the others for 'visual conformation', Stiles had run into him and... well, my father saved Stiles' life by putting a bullet in Simon's head. I am undeniably grateful for that, so I'm more than glad that dad had kept to his word of saving my friends. If dad hadn't saved Stiles, then the others may have died along with him. The extra downside to that night, was Malia finding out she's Peter's daughter. I say that it's bad because she had to find out in the most insignificant way, which led to her and Stiles having a fall down.

Thirdly, came the talk I wasn't to intent on being apart of. But, since it was about me I had no choice but to listen in on Scott's conversation. He started off with my 'special abilities' and went through them with me. I mentioned how I had done the whole 'shockwave' thing again at the hospital tonight, but he was more concerned about my ability to read Lindy's mind the night of the scrimmage. The thing is, I don't feel like I was the one able to do that. After all, Scott and Stiles had said they believe she's got the psychic ability of a Banshee. Maybe she has the power to let people see her past.

One other conversation Scott seemed desperate to clear up, was the dead pool. He talked about everything from prices, to how many are already dead. I hadn't had a clue just how many supernaturals were in Beacon Hills, but now it seems like this town really is a 'beacon' thanks to the Nemeton. In total, more than enough people are dead, and I'm not looking forward to any more being added to it. The prices were something of a problem to me, but I wasn't to concerned for how much I was worth. I made sure to remember just how much my friends were worth, because they are the most likely to be killed for extra profit.

Scott McCall 25

Lydia Martin 20

Derek Hale 15

Kira Yukimura 6

Malia Hale 4

Liam Dunbar 3

Jessica McCall 2

The whole thing frightened me. Scott and Lydia were worth the most which meant they could be in the most danger. Then again, with Liam, Kira, Malia and I worth a few million, people could wipe us out for easy money in no time. After memorising my friends prices, I made sure to note down any names that belonged to people I knew. People like Brett and Lindy; who were both worth one million, along with Deputy Parrish and Kira's mom; the two of them at a high five million.

The next thing Scott had talked over with me, was Liam. He was more brotherly about it rather than anything, because he said things from "I'm glad you were with him that day" to "Are you two a thing?". Unfortunately, most of the questions he asked ended with a big fat no. I'm not his girlfriend, he's not my boyfriend, and we are certainly not each others.

Yet.

The nightmares still lurked inside of my head as I lay in bed, half asleep and half awake. I'm having the exact same one of Liam over and over again. I just can't get it out of my head. The words he had said constantly ran through my mind, but I could never seem to figure them out. 'I had to do it'.

I yawned for the umpteenth time in the past hour, but brushed off how tired I was. Instead, I kept my mind busy by looking through several sites that I never payed much attention to anymore. I went from Tumblr, to YouTube, to Instagram and finally to Facebook. The more I scrolled through my wall on Facebook, the more I wanted to slam a dictionary in peoples faces. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. From Vines to relationships, Facebook was becoming very boring. But then my heart seemed to jump.

I had almost passed it, but luckily I knew what his stupid, dreamy, ditcher face looked like. It was a photo of Liam beside his very best friend, Mason. The two of them looked like absolute dorks, which made an inhuman laugh escape me. Mason was to the left, doing a 'west side' hand gesture while his face looked like he had just witnessed someone give birth. Liam was to Mason's right, and it was obvious he was the one taking the photo due to his awkward lean in towards Mason. Liam did the duck lips, looking more cute and idiotic each second. I couldn't contain the laughter, and I had no idea why I found it so funny. I mean, sure... it's just a photo, but it could literally be the cause of my death. Which gives me an idea...

I checked the time quickly, noting down in my head that it was 10:49pm, before opening my contacts to find Liam's name.

'To:Liam

I'm deciding whether or not to have this shown at my funeral.'

I wrote down the text, pressed send and attached another message of the photo I had just seen. Hell, I'm keeping this on my phone until the day I do die.

I waited a good ten minutes for him to reply. I'm the kind of person who needs to talk to someone, otherwise I'll be forever worried, so I decided that instead of waiting for him to text back, I'll just talk to him on Facebook. Or, should I say Messenger, since you're practically forced to install that now, just to talk to someone. Pathetic.

Like I had suspected, Liam was online. I took this as the chance to talk to him, even though I was still nervous to speak anything to him. Feelings are so complicated.

'Do you ever reply?'

Then came the annoying part. After a long time of me just staring at my phone, it became clear he wasn't replying. So, when the 'Seen at 11:03am' showed up, I was feeling very ignored. It had been another twenty minutes since I had sent it, and I became convinced that Liam really was ignoring me. Honestly, I ignore people all the time, but when it comes to Liam... I'm starting to freak out.

'You're still online and you're not replying... did I do something?'

After sending the message, I suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me. I've been tired for the past two hours, but now it seems like it's finally catching up to me. Maybe instead of chasing Liam, I should just sleep and wait until school tomorrow instead. Yeah, school sounds a lot better. That way he won't have any chance of avoiding me.

I shoved my phone in under my pillow, got as comfortable as I possibly could, and tried drifting off to sleep. Roll around, kick at the blankets, roll around some more. I couldn't do it. Every single thing I tried doing to make it the slightest amount of comfortable just made everything worse. My head pounded with a headache I knew would soon go away, and my whole body ached from being bruised and battered by the Berserker tonight. There's no possible way I can get to sleep whilst all of these things are tearing away at me. If only Liam was here, then maybe I could fall asleep like I had a few days ago...

Screw it.

Liam not replying to me was also apart of keeping me awake, and I guess it's because I'm seriously bothered by him ignoring me. I can't stand to see him do it, even though this is the first time he's done this. Hopefully the last.

'To: Liam

Come on, Liam. I know you're awake.'

I groaned, knowing that this was probably pointless. There could be multiple reasons as to why he isn't replying to me. He could be asleep, he might not have credit, he could be annoying, or his phone could be dead.

'To: Liam

I can't sleep. I need my spooning buddy.'

'To: Liam

I take that back. Pretend I never called you my spooning buddy...'

Several minutes later, I found myself looking at his Facebook again. I feel like a complete stalker, but I honestly can't help myself. Photo after photo I found myself laughing and smiling at each one. My eyes skimmed across many posts and statuses until I found a particular photo that made my heart melt. Ugh, I wanted to kiss his stupid face twenty times after seeing it.

'To: Liam

Liam fucking Dunbar. I hate you so much right now. Your jaw line could carve a hole into my heart I swear to god.'

Like I had done before, I sent the text and attached the photo so he'd at least understand what I'm talking about. He'll probably think I'm a psychotic freak after saving them to my phone, but it's totally worth it. (snippets of conversation to the side aw)

After a while, the light in the hallway switched off, letting me know either Scott or mom had finally gone to bed. Even though it's a school night, I can't seem to convince myself to sleep. I've tried and I've wished that I could, but nothing's working. I can't stand having to stay awake and constantly think about Liam, so something clicked inside me and I realised this mightn't be the everyday kind of ignorance. What if something's happened to him?

'To: Liam

You haven't spoken to me since the hospital and I'm getting worried...'

Waiting, waiting, waiting. I feel like a time bomb that's ready to explode unless I get a damn reply.

'To: Liam

Still not talking, huh?'

'To: Liam

Or answering my phone calls. That's cool...'

'To: Liam

I've called you eighteen times now and it's absolutely scaring me how you're not answering.

'To: Liam

Come on, I know your phones on because it doesn't go to voicemail straight away. Please, please, please be okay.'

'To: Liam

Okay, I'll just see you at school tomorrow. You're probably face palming yourself because of how annoying I am. So... this'll be the last text I send and yeah... goodnight.'

'To: Liam

LIAM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THIS HURTS RIGHT NOW.'

'To: Liam

Liam I swear if you don't reply I am going to freak the hell out please don't be dead if someone touches you because of the dead pool...'

'To: Liam

Fuck it I'm coming over.'

I had already jumped out of bed. I ignored the cold and began digging around in my closet for clothes. I knew it would be freezing outside, so I settled for any sweater I could find along with jeans and a jacket. Looking good was the absolute least priority on my list. No matter what, I was going to Liam's house to make sure he was okay. I had to walk, but luckily my werewolf abilities may come in handy. Hopefully I'll be at his in the next half hour; if I run fast enough. I slowly crept through the hallway, causing the floorboards to creak aloud. I cringed and became a statue after seeing the light from Scott's room flicker off. Slowly, I started tiptoeing my way towards the stairs and did my best to not trip over myself as I rushed towards the door; grabbing the spare house keys off of the key holder before running out into the night lit street. I had passed several houses in no time, not feeling tired or breathless at all. I neared a corner and was ready to race down the next road until the vibration from my cell in my pocket alarmed me to come to a stop.

Standing to a still, I quickly rummaged through my jacket pocket and grasped the phone in my hand to read the message I was so desperately waiting to see. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened in hopes of Liam finally answering me.

'From: Scott

And where do you think you're going?'

Shit. I wasn't sure whether to feel devastation over Liam not replying, or feel busted since Scott had caught me out. I knew he'd want me to go back, but I just let out a sigh and continued to run. My phone vibrated a second time and I was more than positive it would be Scott telling me to come home straight away. I never slowed down as I brought my phone back into vision.

'From: Liam

Don't come. I'm fine Jess, don't worry about me.'

I suddenly skidded to a stop on the sidewalk and stared blankly at the message. Liam! Liam replied to me now and this is all he has to say? I could feel many emotions as I read it over and over again. I was angry, scared, tired, glad and worried. After blinking several hundred times, I finally decided that I was absolutely mad.

'To: Liam

Is this a joke? LIAM YOU LITTLE DUCK

'To: Liam

*FUCK. I meant fuck not duck. I'M ANGRY.'

'From: Liam

Look I'm sorry. I just needed to think things through. Come over or don't, I just needed to tell you I'm okay.'

'To: Liam

Do you have any idea how scared I was! Fucking hell, Liam I thought you were ignoring me. Or worse... DEAD!'

I had sprinted through another ten streets before finally feeling a burn in my throat. I was getting dehydrated quickly, but it wasn't enough of a big deal to get me to stop running. I was going just as fast as before and I didn't plan on stopping until I got to Liam's house. Even after his replies, I'm still going there. Whether it's to punch him in the face or hug him, I'm sure I'll find out exactly why he hadn't talked to me.

'From: Liam

I'm fine... I was just... thinking.'

'To: Liam

Oh yeah? About what? Because right now I'm thinking bout punching you in the face.'

I was telling the truth at least. I felt more than afraid after realising I had been running aimlessly down streets I didn't know to well. The only thing I was going by was the way Stiles and Kira had taken when the two of them dropped and picked Liam up from his house. If I went by Scott's route, I'm sure I'd confuse myself since he drove there during the day. I'll be better off locating it at night for now, even with the few creepy houses I pass. From memory, there was a bright orange house a few blocks away from Liam's, so I knew I had to be close. At least another five to ten minutes. I had run so fast in only a short amount of minutes and I knew it was because I was running absurdly fast thanks to my inner wolfs abilities. I realised I had to be careful if anyone on the streets were to see me, because I'd be like a bullet compared to your average teenager when it comes to running.

'From: Liam

I thought about stuff. And by the way, I forbid you from using the photo of Mason and me for your funeral.'

'To: Liam

You can't stop me, asshole. And by the way, it's 'Mason and I'.

'From: Liam

Fine. I guess I'll just have to use this for my funeral.'

My whole stomach fluttered with butterflies after he sent the text followed by a picture. The photo was of me; probably one of the last photos I've taken of myself. I hadn't had a clue how he got it, considering I don't remember posting it to anything. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or scream about it. I could laugh about it since he just made a joke, or scream from how he could just ignore me and suddenly act like everything's okay.

'To: Liam

I hate you. I'm coming over to punch you in the face and you can't do anything about it because I hate you.'

'From: Liam

You don't hate me. I'm sorry for ignoring you but you don't hate me.'

'To: Liam

Nope I still hate you. Open your door coz I'm almost there and you're about to get your ass handed to you.'

'From: Liam

Never say that again, and no I will not open the door. You're being mean so you can stay outside in the cold :( '

'To: Liam

To late I'm already here.'

'From: Liam

NOOO'

I had somehow managed to get up to his bedroom window and was now tapping at it carefully. I peered in and saw Liam standing in the middle of the room. He noticed me in an instant, so I just grinned at him before tapping on the window louder. After rolling his eyes, he walked over to the window. He stared at me with a smile and started typing on his phone as if I wasn't actually there.

'From: Liam

What makes you think i'll let you in.'

'To: Liam

Because you're my...'

'From: Liam

I'm your what?'

I smiled widely at him; despite how much I wanted to claw him to death, and began drawing in the condensation with the window as my canvas. Once I finished, Liam's eyes seemed to widen and he was more than quick to slide the window up.

"Anchor?" He furrowed his brow and leaned in closer.

My smile disappeared and I glared at him expressionless. I was still keeping my word. Without a second thought, I collided my fist with his face which sent him stumbling back a little. Once he was out of my way, I jumped through the window with a little laugh and closed it behind me.

"Jesus! What the h-hell?" Liam stuttered from beside me as he held his nose in his left hand. I could already see the stream of blood, but I just raised my eyebrows and bit down on my lip.

"What happened to you? You scared the crap out of me, Dunbar!" I punched him softly in the chest, doing my best not to yell since I'd probably make enough noise to wake Liam's parents.

"I said I was sorry and this is how you repay me?" Liam raised his voice and brought his hand away from his nose. It definitely wasn't broken, and the bleeding seemed to stop. It wasn't until I saw the blood disappear that I remembered Liam could heal from it.

"You'd do the same thing." I sulked my way over to his bed and threw myself onto it without permission. Liam Dunbar is a new kind of idiot. A cute, strange, annoying idiot.

"I'd never hit you though. Plus, you're a girl it'd be wro-"

"Why were you ignoring me?" I interrupted. The room went quiet, and I could only hear Liam shuffling closer. He lay down on his bed beside me and crawled underneath the blankets like he was ready to fall asleep.

"Why were you ignoring me?" He seemed to repeat my question which sent a feeling of fire to burn through me.

"Ignoring you? You were ignoring me! I don't know if you've noticed, but for the past-" I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket to get my phone and read the time before continuing. 1:17AM. "-three hours I've been trying to talk to you."

"Yeah, I get that. But I'm talking about the other night when you had those dreams. You avoided telling me and I respect that, but a part of me wished you'd have just... well, told me."

I turned on my side to face him before shuffling into the pillow more. If we're about to have an all out war, I might as well get comfortable. "Truce. You tell me why you were ignoring me, and I'll tell you why I was 'ignoring' you. Deal?"

Liam kept his gaze and smiled lightly. "Deal. Ladies first?"

"Fine." I pouted, closing my eyes to get some focus on what to say. Even with my heavy breathing and beating heart, I knew it would be easy enough to tell him. I trust him, and he trusts me. There's no way I'd need to feel uncomfortable by telling him about the dreams.

I started in no particular order, beginning with Scott and Stiles, to Lydia, Malia and Kira. After that, I couldn't handle having to talk about Allison and Aiden's deaths, since they really did happen. I kept my explaining short, but Liam still seemed to be effected by each sentence. His whole body would tense up and his face would falter as though he could really see everything go on right in front of him. I could feel the honesty of it all weighing down on me, and I was surprised that I hadn't broken down.

It wasn't until I began talking about the next dream that I had to nuzzle in closer to Liam. He wrapped both his arms around me, and I was thankful that he at least knew it was making me feel bad.

"And... and you thought it was real?" Liam asked.

I nodded my head, stopping myself from crying. It felt ten times as worse as I had described it to him. "Every second of it."

"So... I killed you and you thought it was real? Jesus..."

"It was just a dream." I assured him as he stared blankly at the ceiling. I waited patiently for him to talk, hopeful that he'd finally tell me why he was ignoring me.

"I'd never do that to you."

"I know."

"No, no you don't know." Liam said as he pulled away from me slowly. He stared at me with a look of which I couldn't read. He looked angry, confused and upset at the same time. "If someone so much as touches you, I'm going to kill them. I'll kill them."

"Liam." I made direct eye contact with him and found enough courage to say something meaningful for once. "You're not a killer."

After a while of serious eye contact, I kicked off my shoes and threw the blankets over me before resting on my side. With my head leaning against my arm, I closed my eyes and acted like this was a natural thing.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked with a laugh.

"Getting comfortable." I winked. "Now, your turn. Expressively tell me your problems and I'll try my best to not punch you in the face again."

Liam rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, turning over on his back to face the ceiling again. "I don't know."

"Come on, Liam. Stop sulking and tell me." I nudged him lightly and did my best to smile. It wasn't hard to tell he was feeling upset over something. "Or not. If you don't want to tell me than you-"

"No, no it's okay. I'll tell you just... just don't laugh or judge or... what ever you teenage girls do."

I nodded my head in understanding and smiled widely. "Why? You lose your virginity or something?"

"Oh my god Jess, seriously?" Liam raised his voice and threw his arms over his eyes. "Why am I even bothering."

"I was just kidding." I suppressed a laugh and raised my hands in the air defensively.

Liam just rolled his eyes again before closing them. "Whatever."

"Liam I- look I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm just kinda pissed off at you for not talking to me." I mumbled while sinking further into the bed.

"It's not your fault." Liam shook his head and sighed, turning over once more to face me. "The reason I didn't talk to you was because I needed to be alone for a while... I just can't stop thinking about what happened on the roof last night. Those... things could've killed us and I was scared to death. I have no idea how I'm even alive right now, because I can't be anything like Scott or even you. I'm still this teenager who has no idea what's going on. Just last week I was worried about lacrosse games, school work and girls, but now it's like I'll never be normal again because werewolves and god knows what else exists. I'm not just scared, I'm terrified."

"You can't act so wounded if you're not willing to accept it. I get how you feel, trust me I do. But I want you to know that you don't have to be anyone other than yourself to get through this. Scott was a nobody too, once... and he... everybody will do their best to make sure you're safe. You wanna know why? Because we care. You can be scared and you can run for your life, but there is no way in hell we'd leave you to die."

Liam shook his head slightly and let out a deep sigh. "I don't get it... all of you are just teenagers. Why do you have to be the ones fixing everything?"

"Honestly, it's not our place to be dealing with things like this, but ever since Scott got bitten there's been no chance for him to back out of it. I mean, just last week I was like you... except I already knew about this stuff. Now you and I are some insane werewolves who can kick ass if we'd need to." I nudged him and laughed, receiving a smile from him. "Don't worry. We'll get through it no matter how terrifying and unrealistic it may seem."

Liam nodded his head while he smiled brighter. "I'd kiss you right now but... we kinda just had a heart to heart moment so it'd kinda be weird."

I already knew what to do. Instead of settling for a kiss I so badly wanted, I just moved closer to him and let him hold me again. Honestly, I wanted to just stay in his arms forever after everything he told me and by what happened, but I knew I'd have to go home considering it's a school night, and Scott would probably freak out at me. After at least ten minutes of lying with Liam, it was hard to stay awake, so I knew it was the best time to leave before I pass out only to be woken in the morning.

I drew away from him slowly and he pulled me back into him instantly. "Liam, I have to go."

"No you don't. If you stay you'll be able to sleep, right?"

"Right... but I can't. Scott will kill me if I stay." I laughed it off and shrugged my shoulders. Bending over, I started putting on my shoes and stood up before Liam had the chance of pulling me back to him. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I was about to turn toward the window until Liam jumped out of bed and stood in front of me; blocking my path. He smiled and looked at me all over which sent a chill down my spine. Before I had any idea what he was doing, he pulled me into his chest and his lips found mine. One of his hands rested on my waist while the other found my hand. Our fingers intertwined, and I could already feel myself getting butterflies. I was freaking out for sure, because each time he kissed me, my mind seemed to go blank and it was like I had no control over myself; as cheesy as it sounds. Suddenly, I was pushed back onto the bed with Liam straight on top of me. I didn't object, so instead I just threw my arms over his neck and pulled him back into a kiss. Liam's hands ran along my legs, coming towards my waist and finally slipping in under my shirt. It was strange and passionate at the same time, but nothing compared to how good it felt. My skin tingled as Liam pulled his lips away from mine again, starting to leave a trail of chaste kisses up my neck.

"I should-" I couldn't finish my sentence due to the breath being taken away from me. Liam was doing more than just kissing me, he was getting into my head; and the further he went, the more I knew I'd break. "-go. I should go."

He stopped suddenly and brought his face back towards mine, only inches away from kissing me again. His eyes locked with mine, and they seemed to glow with a bright blue. "Okay."

"Okay." I repeated breathlessly, never taking my eyes away from his. I could hear our heartbeats clearly, both of them going at a crazy speed. "Actually, never mind."

The two of us grinned before leaning into each other once more. Liam pushed me into the middle of the bed and in one swift movement, he brought my legs upward until he was between them. God, if were older this could be happening a different way. Then again, I think the two of us are just as new and fragile to this more than anyone. Again, his tongue was with mine. I ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair, and smiled into the kiss. It was becoming harder by the second for me to not break under excitement. I'm just glad that the two of us haven't began shifting yet. Hopefully, that won't happen.

The moment was cut short by an irritating sound that echoed throughout the room. To my dismay, Liam pulled away in an instant and was already looking over to it. I too followed his gaze, and saw just what was making the noise. A printer sat on his desk; multiple papers flying out of it and onto the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight, and pushed Liam off of me before he had the chance to get his groundings. He stumbled backward, but I pulled his hand before he had any chance of falling.

"Does that normally happen?" I asked as the sound seemed to mask my voice. I stood up straight, Liam and I looking like two deer in headlights from the odd occurrence.

"No, no that's never happened before." Liam answered with his own look of confusion. The two of us began walking toward the printer and many papers, all of the white sheets spread out across the ground. Liam was the first to drop to the ground, and he began shuffling through each sheet.

"What's being printed?" I asked.

Liam remained speechless and stood up quickly. He tapped furiously at the button on the printer, which I assumed to be the power source. "It won't turn off."

"What do you mean?" I was struck by his words and stepped over the hundred papers to get to the desk. I stood beside Liam and tapped at the button myself. Like he said, it wasn't turning off. It just kept printing and printing. "What the hell?"

Liam dropped down to the ground once more and seemed to look for something either under, or beside his desk. I stared at him with wide eyes as he finally seemed to get what he was after. He reached his arm forward and pulled back which sent the printer into its normal, quiet self. He had turned it off by pulling out the power plug.

There were so many papers on the ground that it was hard to tell just how much there were. I slowly sat against the ground and leaned against the bed for support. I picked up several of the thin papers in my hand, and looked at them only to have my stomach drop.

The dead pool.

"Why do you have this?" I tried asking, only to have my voice break after the first few words. My head pounded with confusion and shock.

"I don't... I don't know." Liam answered with a shaky voice. He sat himself beside me, holding a part of the dead pool in his hands too.

"This is insane." I whispered. Staring down at the many names, I could see several crossed out. One of which, was Carrie Hudson. It made me sick to my stomach, so I looked away from the name quickly only to see mine. Jessica McCall was printed neatly underneath and above a few names I don't know, but it haunted me to see the number two by my name. It was different having Scott tell me how much I was worth, but now that I've seen it myself in the form of what the assassins see it as... it made me feel anger, terror and helplessness.

"Jess..." Liam's voice trailed off beside me, and I could practically hear the hurt in his voice.

"Liam?" I turned my head to see him staring at only one page in particular. The first name was different to the ones on the two pages I held, so I was interested to know just what Liam was so caught up about. "What's wrong?"

"Have you noticed Derek isn't on the list anymore?"

"What?" I quickly snatched the paper he held out of his hands and held all the dead pool lists in my hands. I scanned down each list, dreading to see Derek's name crossed out. There is no possible way someone had killed him. No way, no way!

And there wasn't any way. Derek's name hadn't been crossed out at all. In fact, it had disappeared completely. Scott, Lydia, Kira, Malia, Parrish, Noshiko, Lindy, Brett, Liam and I were still on the list... but Derek was no longer among it.

"That's not all." Liam whispered, and I hadn't even noticed that he was much closer to me.

"Of course it's not." I sighed, fearful for what else Liam had discovered.

I expected Liam to say something, but instead he just tapped at one of the pages I held. I looked to see the specific name he was talking about. The name was his. And he wasn't worth three million anymore.

He was worth eighteen.

══════════════════

Published: September 1st [edited]

A/N;
This chapter is more of a filler than anything. Chapters Thirteen and Fifteen will be fillers as well, but they contribute to the story, along with the kinky scenes between Jess and Liam [edited: 08/10/14]

Oh my god I am sorry for the late update. I wanted to get a chapter published so you guys wouldn't have to wait any longer, but TRUST ME the next chapter will be so good omfg PARTY TIME.

Finally, i've decided that Jessiam is their ship name thanks to: beaconxhills SHOUT OUT GURL go read her stories or i'll find all of you because this part is dedicated to her :)

And yes, the girl in the images from the texts is indeed Ryan Newman who I guess is casted as Jessica McCall (even though some of you won't picture her haha). She is seriously gorgeous and man puberty hit her like a rock wtf when do I get to look hot?

Anyway, next chapter is something i'll probably try to get up early but I'm looking at a picture of Tyler Posey right now pls forgive my blank mind.

Anyway, hope you guys like this chapter and as always, follow, star and comment xx - L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
360K 7.6K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
356K 10K 53
your hands are scarred from murder, and yet i trust them completely.
2K 146 8
Joong is a rookie actor. He landed his first ever role in a novel based-BL drama. Being new, they are to have someone mentor them. How will this end...