How I Fell for the Player

By BrittanyLeigh8

Shannon Lane and Austin Burke are complete opposites. Shannon is the ordinary girl who is looking for the per... More

Chapter 1- The Party
Chapter 2- The Mall
Chapter 3-The Date
Chapter 4- Who is coming to dinner?
Chapter 5- A Nice Little Dinner Party
Chapter 6- Playing Along
Chapter 7- Answers
Chapter 8- Chorus, Auditions, and Terms
Chapter 9- Terms and Conditions
Chapter 10- Movie Night
Chapter 11- The New Girl
Chapter 13- Does he like me?
Chapter 14- Teen Mom
Chapter 15- Rumor Has It
Chapter 16- Good Time
Chapter 17- Another Date
Chapter 18- An Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 19- The Halloween Party
Chapter 20- No Escaping This Hell
Chapter 21- Explanations
Chapter 22- Forgiven
Chapter 23- Matchmaker
Epilogue

Chapter 12- All Things Revealed

100K 2.4K 407
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Chapter 12- All Things Revealed)

I was now home and resting comfortably on my couch when my phone rang. I pulled it out to see who it was when Austin’s name flashed across the screen. I groaned before answering it.

“What?” I snapped.

“My mom wanted me to call you and invite you and your parents over for dinner tonight.” He said emotionlessly.

“Gee thanks I’ll let them know.” I said with fake happiness and hung up before he could speak.

“Who was that?” Dad asked.

“The Burkes invited us over for dinner tonight.” I said avoiding his question. I didn’t feel like going into how pissed I was at Austin right now so I thought it was better that way. Hopefully I covered my anger well.

“Great now I don’t have to cook.” Linda said pleased.

“Yeah but I have to see Austin.” I mumbled bitterly.

“What’s that?” Dad asked me.

I panicked. “Oh I said…I get to see Austin.” I replied cheerfully.

He looked like he believed me and turned to say something to Linda. I blew out a sigh of relief. I almost blew my cover just then I really need to get a grip. ‘Save it for Austin.’ I told myself.

I went to my room to change clothes since my dad insist on us looking nice when we are around his boss. It’s like we are on display or something and I hate it. I understand a good impression but I could really care less at this point especially when I was mad at the one we were trying to impress.

An hour later we finally arrived at Austin’s and I was dreading seeing him. I wasn’t happy with him right now and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t happy with me either from the sound of his voice on the phone. I guess he wasn’t used anyone to anyone talking to him like that but he got a surprise didn’t he?

My dad knocked on the door to their mansion and waited for them to answer while I played with the end of my sleeve bored. I really didn’t want to be here but my dad was dead set on it. Why could he have another boss beside Austin’s dad? I swear life hates me.

“Hey Robert hey Linda thanks for coming.” Carol smiled and welcomed us in.

Once I passed by her she stopped me before I got too far. “Austin is in his room. He said he wants to talk to you.”

“Ok thanks.” I fake smiled then quickly released once she turned away.

I didn’t really want to go but I couldn’t exactly tell his mother that or she would start assuming things again and tell them to the rest of the family like last time. I rolled my eyes at that thought.

“You can go on up.” She said when she noticed I hadn’t moved.

”Oh wait I guess you don’t know where it is.” She laughed to herself. “Just look over me dear.”

I chuckled out of politeness and followed after her to Austin’s room. She knocked on his door and announced I was there and left. I guess she had other things to do.

Austin opened his door and stood there while he waited for me to enter.

“Thanks for the greeting.” I said sarcastically walking in.

“You’re welcome.” He shot back closing the door.

“What do you want?” I asked in a bored tone sitting in the chair in his room.

I looked around his room in approval it was nice. It was very big with a big TV a couple of comfortable looking chairs in front of it. There was a bunch on games next to a PS3 and an Xbox 360 that I know. I love to play games if you can’t tell.

The carpet had a nice tan color and his bed looked like the most comfortable place in the world not that I would tell him because he would turn it into something it’s not like always. Him and his snappy comeback get annoying sometimes but that could be because I can’t think of a reply to them most of the time.

“Shannon where you listening?” He asked making me realize I had been ignoring him.

“What?” I asked.

“I said thanks for Showing Cora around today. She said she really liked you.”

“Oh, it was no problem I like her to.” I said feeling a little disappointed that he wanted to talk about her again. I hate feeling so jealous he wasn’t even mine I really need to find a muse to get over him. I wonder what Jace was doing. He would be a perfect candidate plus I kind of like him so it would work out fine right?

Austin noticed me checking out his games and perked up from his sullen attitude from before. I guess I figure out the one thing that makes him happy.

“Do you play?” He asked.

“A little.”

“Really? I never took you for the type.” He smirked.

“And I never took you for the type to be controlling but I guess we are all surprised.” I said still bitterly.

Man Shannon let it go. It’s none of your business what he does even if it gets on nerves. Just ignore it. I really need some help, now I’m talking to myself.

“You don’t even understand why.” He defended.

“You’re really trying to justify it?” I fake laughed.

Before he could respond his bedroom door flung open and a little girl that looked about three came running in screaming and jumped into Austin’s arms. He spun her around and laughed with her as they played around. I was puzzled as to who this cute little girl was and why Austin seemed to know her.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t catch her.” Coralene said stepping in his room.

“Oh, Shannon, I didn’t know you were here.” She smiled friendly.

“Hey Coralene.” I mumbled.

“You can call me Cora. I like it better anyway.” She smiled kindly.

“Ok.” I said returning her smile. Why does she have to be so nice? It’s hard to dislike nice people.

This silence in the room was deafening it was so loud. No one was speaking and we all looked around the room waiting for someone to break the silence when I realized something. They probably wanted to be alone. After all she came here from her house to see Austin.

“I’ll just give you two some alone time.” I said and walked toward the door before Austin caught me by the arm.

“Why would we need alone time? I asked you to come here?” He said.

“Well it looks like you have company now.” I stated.

“It’s ok Shannon, I was just coming to tell Austin dinner is ready.” She smiled.

“Oh ok.” I replied.

So she was joining us to? If we were supposed to be fake dating then what was she doing here? This would blow our whole cover.

I followed Austin, Cora and the unknown little girl to the table where our parents were seated already deep in conversation. It looked like everyone had their usual spots at the table because they knew exactly where to go.

I took my seat next to Austin which just so happened to be the only seat available or else I would have chosen another one. I was still slightly irritated at him but hey I guess I didn’t have a choice.

“How are you enjoying school?” Carol asked me as we were all eating.

“Fine.” I replied.

“Good. Has Austin been treating you well?”

“He’s been great.” I lied picking up my glass and taking a sip. I was suddenly feeling very thirsty. Maybe it was because everyone’s gaze was suddenly on me.

“I’m glad to hear it.” She smiled. “Because we want-“

“Nana can I have candy?” The little girl asked.

I nearly choked on my water when I heard her call Carol nana. Does that mean Austin has a kid? That would certainly explain the over protectiveness he has for Cora. She is his baby mama. Wow there really is a lot I don’t know.

“Are you ok Shan?” Linda asked me.

“Uh yeah.” I said still stunned.

After working through the initial shock I brought the glass up to my lips again and began drinking from it again.

“Anyway as I was saying before we want you and Austin to get married.” Carol smiled.

If I was in shock before I don’t know what this was. Once again I choked on my water and had to set the glass down as I coughed. Austin placed a hand on my back patted it lightly trying to help me.

Once my airway was clear again I began to speak. “Maybe we should refrain from the surprises while there is liquid in my mouth.”

“And shouldn’t he marrying Cora since they have a kid together?” I asked.

This time it was Austin’s to choke. What it is with this family? I looked around the table and everyone just looked at me like I had just grown to heads.

“Where did you get an idea like that?” Carol laughed.

“Isn’t it true?” I asked.

“Shannon Cora is my sister.” Austin stated.

Have you ever felt so embarrassed before that you literally wish you could just disappear and never look back? Well that is exactly what I felt right now. How did I miss that they were related? I guess I should have known that Austin wouldn’t act that was over a girlfriend.

“Oh.” I chuckled embarrassed.

“Is that why you were acting so strange today?” He asked.

“Maybe.” I shrugged like it was nothing.

I could see a smirk playing on Austin’s lips as he looked at me. He knew that I was jealous and he was never going to let me live it down now.

“I can’t wait to start working on the wedding plans.” Carol gushed and that when I realized something. I am supposed to marry Austin.

“Whoa whoa whoa.” I rushed. “I’m only 17 and not planning on getting married until after college.”

“Oh dear that’s quite alright. John and I were married all through college.” She stated. “Plus your dad was just made partner recently and it would be great for the business too.”

“Ok this is all moving just a bit too fast.” I panicked running my hands through my hair.

“It’s ok there is no rush. The wedding will not take place until you both graduate. You still have the rest of the school year left it’s only October.” Carol said.

“Um I need some air.” I said jumping up and walking out the front door.

The cool night air felt amazing seeing as how stuffy it was beginning to feel inside. I sat down on the steps outside the door so I could think. I had no idea how to handle this whole situation. I wonder if Austin knew about this already or if he was just now figuring it all out as I was.

“Can I join you?” Cora asked stepping out the door.

“Sure.” I smiled. I suppose it would be nice to have someone to talk to.

“Austin and I are fraternal twins.” She said out of the blue sitting next to me.

“Oh I never would have guessed.” I replied.

“Not many people know that.” She said. ”You see I have been gone for a while living with my Aunt.”

“Yeah I remember you told me.” I said. “Why did you go live with her?”

I wasn’t trying to be nosey I was just curious. It seemed like Austin and her shared this secret between each other that no one else knew about and I wanted to know what it was.

“It’s not a story you want to hear.” She said sadly.

“Try me.”

“We really don’t talk about it here but I wouldn’t mind telling you. You see like someone I can trust.” He smiled kindly.

“I am. I would never tell anyone.” I said truthfully.

I was never one to go around blabbing people’s secrets I just felt like it was wrong. Yes I occasionally gossip but it only about people who I know do the same thing but Cora was not one of those people plus I liked her and a lot more now I know she isn’t with Austin.

“A few years ago I was date raped by a guy who is now in prison. He was a guy I thought I could trust but he drugged me and proved me wrong. Anyway as you know ended up pregnant and I didn’t want to get rid of my baby so I left to live with my Aunt for a while. The last thing I wanted was people here to find out what happened talk about me. I know how terrible people can be.” She said.

“Oh my God Cora I’m so sorry.” I said trying not to cry.

“It’s ok. I got a wonderful daughter out of all of it. Plus it was nice to go someplace where no one knew me and I could start over. My aunt home schooled me for the first couple of years and then I went to a private school for the rest of the time. I made a few new friends and loved living with my Aunt but I just got to the point where I was missing my family a lot and decided to move back so I could be with them again.”

“You are really strong you know that?” I told her.

“I have to be. I have a child now.” She smiled.

“If I didn’t have Austin watching over me and helping me I don’t know what I would do.” Chuckled lightly.

“I had no idea. I’m sorry for butting into your business at school today. I shouldn’t have done that. Now I understand why Austin acted the way he did.”

Smile smiled weakly. “It’s fine. He tends to overreact sometimes. He thinks he watching over me that way. He has been treating me fragile ever since it happened. He vowed no one would ever hurt me again.”

“Well you have a great brother for caring so much.” I said.

“I know.” She said. “Do you have any brothers?”

“One, Jesse he is my stepbrother. He’s in college now and I miss him like crazy. We used to hang out all the time before he left. He has always been like a real brother to me.” I stated.

It’s been a while since I talked about him. He only comes home for the big holidays and only calls once a month and that’s usually just to talk to me although he sometimes talks to Linda since she is his mom.  I really did miss him. I can’t wait till he comes home again.

Cora and I sat and chatted for a good 30 minutes until Austin opened the door and interrupted us.

“I was just coming to check on you.” He said to me.

“I’m fine just trying to adjust to the news.” I said.

“You don’t have to worry about that. They will probably find something else that interest them before the time comes and forget all about it.” He laughed.

“I don’t know.” I replied laughing along with him. “Your mom seems pretty set on it.”

“We’ll see.” He smiled.

The rest of the night went by without any more surprises thank goodness because I don’t know if I could take anymore honestly. I was still trying to get used to the idea of marrying Austin in the future but the truth is I wasn’t too bothered by it right now.

 As long as Austin could keep being a decent guy we might be alright. It just might be a little weird since we are not actually dating though so how would we act as a married couple? Who knows but one thing is for sure. I think I am starting to fall for the player. What am I going to do about that exactly? We will just have to see as it happens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author

There was a nice long chapter for you. What did you think? I promise things will liven up soon. Just wait until they go back to school lol. It will be fun then. Anyway please leave me plenty of comments since I made the chappie a long one and tell me what you thought and I just might update again soon! Oh and don't forget to vote!

Pic of Jesse to the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 34.3K 64
He's a player, he's hot and he's stubborn. Everyone knows it- especially him. Shes never been kissed, she's unnoticed and she's shy- no one knows her...
298K 6.3K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...
200 15 13
When Chloe, the hottest girl in school, turns into the girl every guy wants, Austin wants her to. He stops at nothing to get her to be his. But Eric...