Sinners -Sweet Pea-

By Tori_vx

Lou Jones, beautiful, popular and powerful girl with Serpent blood running through her veins. Rebellion big o... More

1. What the hell is secrets and sins?
2. You thought right, loverboy
3. Sweet Pea? What the heck is that?
4. Nancy Drew strikes again
5. Lou you scared me
6. Pureheart the Powerful
7. Have fun in the snakepit
8. A modern day version of Bonnie and Clyde
9. Snake bites over dog fleas
10. I am his partner in crime
11. A certain dark-haired Serpent who likes to wear dog tags
12. I'm still your Daddy
13. A crate of pancake mix
15. I really like you, Sweet Pea
16. You wouldn't let your momma get hurt, would you Charlotte?
17. You look good in a turtleneck
18. Did he give you snake bites yet?
19. I want you, all of you tonight
20. He's good, right? He looks like he is
21. Watch it, carrot head
22. So, you must be Lou
23. Now it's time we bite back
24. Who do you think was her first kiss?
25. He doesn't deserve someone like you
26. Welcome to: Carrie the Musical
27. You're just like me Lou
28. I do satisfy her more than you could ever have
29. Like mother like daughter
30. I always told you boys are dumb
31. A pretty girl like you
32. Wounds heal I guess
33. I was waiting all summer for you, Lou
34. This is like an episode of Gossip Girl
35. Your puppy love is the best
36. In that case, we definitely have to play it right?
37. Maybe one day
38. To the grave
39. You're a stalker
40. Such a Stydia moment
41. I love you
42. I see the way you look at her
43. You messed with our squad, you messed with us
44. I promise
New Book!
New Book!

14. All snakes have a soft underbelly, he's yours

10.8K 195 26
By Tori_vx

Lou's POV

Next day was a school day so obviously, I got ready for school even though I knew that it would be another trashy day where I wouldn't learn anything.

I decided to wear a pair of high waisted jeans and a grey top that crossed in the front, paired with my boots.

I noticed how quiet the trailer was when I went to grab some breakfast, Jug must have left early. As I was about to out I got a call from the devil itself, my brother.

"What's up?", "I have great news Lou", "Spill the tea", "Dad is getting out tomorrow", "No way", "Yes, I will see you at school and don't tell anyone we're going to announce it this afternoon at the Wyrm", Jug explained.

"Great", I smiled brightly.

*

Finally, the school was over and Jughead explained that Alice and Betty would take us to pick up dad since they owned a pretty big car.

When I walked into the Wyrm with Jug by my side no one really noticed us since they were all minding their own business.

"I have an announcement to make, our dad's getting out!", I yelled making everyone cheer loudly. "When he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with mayor McCoy", Jughead added.

"That's brilliant", Tallboy sarcastically remarked. "You have a problem with that Tallboy?", I asked the man.

"Your old man? No, I got no problem with him but your brother wants us to sit down with the mayor", Tallboy snickered. "I do, yes. I think we can bring the Southside back but it's gonna take work and it's gonna take compromises", Jughead announced.

I knew everyone was agreeing with us since no one in the bar wanted to lose their beloved Southside.

"You shouldn't have a problem with a deal since you were so kindly opening to the Ghoulies, am I right?", I asked. "We can bring the Southside back", Tallboy scoffed, "You've been here all five minutes".

"Tallboy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch, whispering behind mine and my brother's back that we're half serpents or that we don't belong here", I snapped at the older man.

"Why don't we put it on a vote?", Toni asked standing behind me, "All those who stand with the princess and Jug and think that Tallboy should shut the hell up?".

Everyone in the bar raised their hands while I had to hold a laugh in. Tallboy send me a glare before stepping out. I waved him on his way out.

"So your dad's getting out, how you feeling about that?", Sweet Pea asked coming up to me. "I couldn't be happier, to be honest", I smiled at the tall Serpent.

The night after the deal I went over to Sweet Pea's trailer, nothing happened except that we talked the entire night. He told me from his family that left him back and how he and Fangs met. I told him about my life and about how Penny had me and Jug wrapped in her little deals.

He was so caring and we fell asleep on his couch all cuddled up. It might sound cheesy but I kind of enjoyed those moments, when he showed his soft side.

*

The doors of the prison opened and a man with a flannel on stepped out aka my dad. I was so incredibly happy to have him out finally.

He first went up to my brother and hugged him tightly. "Hey Betty", he greeted Jug's girlfriend. "Hey Mister Jones", Betty responded.

"Hey princess", he smiled. I ran up to my dad and hugged him really tight not wanting to let him go. "Don't get arrested again alright?", I asked. "Of course not", dad smiled at me.

"Alice", dad greeted her. "Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison?", she asked. "What do they say?".

"They're incredible sexually frustrated", Alice smirked making the three of us groan loudly.

We got in the car again and drove to Pop's, where we all ordered drinks while enjoying the time together.

"The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so I'd watch my back if I were you, FP. Especially once you rejoin that gang of hoodlums", Alice snapped.

"Serpents aren't hoodlums", I insisted. "I'm not going back to the Serpents", dad announced making Jug and I look at him like he was a crazy man, "I thought a lot about this while I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with the Serpent life. It's gonna be one last ride for us three, but it's too much of a slippery slope for me".

"The Serpents need you dad", Jughead said. "Jughead and Lou need you Mister Jones", Betty said.

"And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all of your extra time, FP?", Alice asked.

"Working, Warden Cooper. I saw a help wanted sign in the window, thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts", dad explained.

"Let's hope your plans don't come crashing down once you start drinking again", Alice snapped. "Actually, I'm A.A. Started in jail and I don't plan on stopping", dad smiled.

I was proud he actually tried to change but about the Serpent part, I would be okay to say I'm not happy at all about it.

*

After Pop's dad took Jug and I for a drive down Sweetwater River further down the road. We sped through the empty streets, feeling free for just a second. We all could forget about the killer in town or the Serpent drama and what else.

"Things got ugly when you were away. I asked myself every day what you would do if you were here", I told dad. The three of us had stopped at a little spot in front of the River.

"Has Penny bothered you two? I figured she's the one who greased my wheels", dad asked. "We did a job for her", Jug explained.

"What kind of job?", "It was a one-time thing. I figured it best not to ask too many questions. We're squared away for good", Jug smiled.

"You know, when I was sixteen, my old man kicked me out and told me to go to hell. Instead, I joined the Serpents, then the army and then back again. I don't want that life for either of you. I want you two to go to college, get out of this godforsaken town", dad told us.

"We ran the gauntlet. We fought with the Serpents and for them. I know Juggie thinks so too but we have to stay. I wanna stay but we need your blessing", I begged.

"Just promise me you'll keep writing and you better start your drawing again young lady"; dad chuckled.

"I will", I smiled. "I do, every day and Lou joins me and sits with me while I write", Jughead explained to dad.

"So Lou, when am I gonna meet that boy from the party?", dad asked. "Oh, never. Reggie and I broke up decades ago", I laughed. "Yeah, now she's running around with Sweet Pea", Jughead insisted.

"I'm not we're just friends", I scoffed. "Well, of course, you are", dad chuckled.

*

"Oh I will so end you", I chuckled as I landed my seventh pool ball. "You wish princess", Sweet Pea chuckled.

He missed his ball and with that, I won, "Take that bitch", I cheered. He picked me up and hung me over his shoulder.

"Put me down", I yelled only to receive an ass slap. "Toni, take care of her, give this girl some ginger ale, on my costs", he chuckled and placed me on one of the bar stools.

"I have a job now but I will see you tomorrow", he smiled and I nodded. Sweet Pea the went out.

"So did you two-", "No, Toni. We are friends", I insisted. "Oh, girl. You two aren't friends", Birdy chuckled. "Uhm excuse me", I snapped.

Then Betty walked into the bar sticking out like a sore thumb, "Betty, what can I do for you?", Toni asked.

*

"You have a stage. Would you be open to me bringing a karaoke machine?", Betty asked. "For FP's retirement? Sure why not", Toni responded.

"Also, Toni, one of the reasons I wanted to talk to you and Lou, beyond the party planning is. I've been walking the razor's edge since Jughead joined the Serpents. And all I've been thinking is as soon as FP gets home, everything will get better because he'll be there to protect Jug and make sure he doesn't get hurt", Betty said. Hello, I'm sitting here too by the way.

"Yeah, I'm following you. I mean with FP in the picture-", "That's my whole point. I do worry. So, I wanna keep an eye on Jughead myself, make sure that as deep into these snake-infested waters as he goes, he doesn't do something that you know, puts him in danger", Betty smiled.

"So what, you wanna be a Serpent?", I asked. "Let's say Serpent-adjacent".

Then the woman from earlier laughed, "Shut it Birdy", I yelled.

"Sorry, sweet valley high. If you wanna join the club, you gotta do the dance, the Serpent dance", Birdy smirked looking at the woman that was dancing on the pol.

"Excuse me, Serpent dance?", Betty asked. "It's some outdated, sexist Serpent tradition. I tried to get it outlawed but misogyny dies hard, you don't wanna know", Toni explained.

"Yeah, I do wanna know. Lou did you-", "Oh no, I am a Serpent by blood I basically did a softer version of the boy's initiations because my dad would kill me if I did the dance", I explained.

*

"Party? No no no", dad insisted as the three of us walked into the trailer with our Chinese takeout. "The problem is, I'm trying to keep the Serpents in my review mirror, remember?".

"Come on, it's one night. Not even, it's like three hours. You've done right by the Serpents, more than right. Let them do right by you. Come on it's the end of an era", I pleaded.

"Okay. Let's do it", dad chuckled while grabbing his food.

Before we could even start Jug got a phone call, "It's Archie, don't bogart the egg rolls".

After some time Jug came back in the dining area, "Lou, we have to go. Dad, we will be right back. Sorry, it's kind of urgent", Jughead explained.

We quickly got out. "It's Penny isn't it?", I asked. "Yeah".

*

"We won't be held hostage by you, we did our one favor. I'm out and so is my sister", Jughead explained as Penny, Jug and I sat in a booth at Pop's.

"No, you two have debts to pay and ours is an ongoing arrangement", Penny smirked.

"You know what Penny? I'm about to have a sit-down with Mayor McCoy, she's not really so big on the whole drug-dealing thing", Jughead explained.

"I'm sure that she would love to know who took over Clifford Blossom's operation", I threatened. "You need proof to make an accusation like that stick, like the video I have of you two and the ginger boy making that deliver. What do you think about that?", Penny threatened.

"I think that an attack against me, my sister or my father, is an attack against all of the Serpents and not even some fuzzy footage of us delivering a crate is going to stop us from coming for you", Jughead snapped.

We both stood up, ready to walk out when Penny spoke up again, "Your girlfriend, Betty Cooper or you boy-toy, Sweet Pea, I believe? They're quite fetching".

"What did you say?", I asked. "All snakes have a soft underbelly, he's yours and she's yours", Penny said turning to Jug.

*

The next evening the Party started and I had to admit Betty did a pretty good job. "I can't believe you actually did that", I laughed at Fangs' story.

"Yes, I swear, Sweet Pea and I thought it was funny to run through school naked", he laughed. "I should have come to Southside High earlier", I laughed.

"What are you all laughing about?", Sweet Pea asked as he came and joined the group of us. "Oh just your and Fangs naked run", I responded.

"It was pretty sick and thank god there aren't any videos", Sweet Pea chuckled while putting his arms around me and resting his head on mine.

"It sounds fun", I smirked. "You wouldn't do it", Sweet Pea laughed. "Watch me", I smirked and started to tug on my shirt. Sweet Pea smirked before grabbing my hands, "Save that for a private show, princess".

Then the doors of the Wyrm open and Alice stepped inside followed by Betty. Alice was dressed like one of us and it made me smirk at the woman.

Soon Archie and Veronica walked up on the stage, singing 'mad world' one of the lamest songs ever. There seemed to be some tension between the couple and Veronica eventually stormed out of the bar.

The entire bar started to boo the teens out. Just then Betty stepped up and continued to sing slowly unbuttoning her shirt and skirt, leaving her in black lingerie.

My eyes almost fell out of my head when I realized she was doing the dance. Sweet Pea seemed to enjoy the show since he was watching Betty's every move, why was I feeling jealous all of a sudden?

The song ended and my father stepped up on the stage handing Betty his jacket to cover herself a bit up.

"Let's give her a round of applause, and show her some of that Serpent hospitality we're known for", he said making everyone clap for Betty.

"You know what? I've been in and out of the Serpents since I was younger than my son and my daughter. And it's been a- a wild ride. Good times, Bad times. But through it all, the Serpents stuck by my side while most other people turned their backs on me, even my own family. Now, the letter of the laws says that I can't be here in the Serpent den, that I can't associate with my friends, my real family, my blood! But I've been thinking about that and it will be a cold day in hell before a snake let's a pig tell him what to do. Northside want me out of this gang? Well, they better bring a coffin 'cause FP Jones isn't retiring. I am not going gently into the night! I'm here to stay! So bring the fire", my dad yelled.

The Serpents erupted into loud cheers and more clapping.

After everyone calmed down a little I walked to my dad smirking, "What happened to retiring?". Without answering dad pulled me into a tight hug, "I know about the Snake Charmer. And the delivery you and your brother did and the debt you two owe her. It was one thing, Lou, one thing I asked you not to do".

"I can fix it", I stuttered as he pulled away from the hug. "No, no. I'm in, you two are out. Penny's my problem now. You broke my heart, Charlotte", my father said even using my real name, no one knew my real name except for my family but no one used it. He kissed my forehead and turned away not looking at me again.

I looked at him, tears filling my eyes. Everyone was handed a shot to drink on the King. I drowned my shot and rushed out trying to control the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Lou?", a familiar voice asked. "Please, give me a second", I mumbled.

"What happened?", Sweet Pea asked. "You wouldn't understand, he found out about Penny, he hates me. I had no chance she threatened you and-and-", I said now a tear escaped my eye.

"Hey, look at me, nothing will happen to me. He would never hate you. Hey look at me, I don't know how anyone could ever hate you", he mumbled looking in my eyes.

Sweet Pea placed a hand on my cheek and stepped closer. "What do you mean?", I asked in an almost whisper. "You are just so nice, you are cute and god you're so breathtaking beautiful", he said his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.

He started to lean in and so did I...

*****

Hey guys!!!

Am I the only one that knows FP's speech? Or is it a fandom thing. Also, I hope you all have a great Christmas break

Lou's real name is Charlotte? Whattttt?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 10.7K 56
Betty... The perfect girl next door. A surfer. A soccer player. A mechanic. A writer. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. But there is so much...
273K 4.8K 31
Betty goes to the drive in with Archie and Veronica and ends up getting more than she bargains for when she meets a bad boy from the southside of tow...
403K 8.3K 37
Lola Carter. Former bad girl gone good. Serpent royalty. Best friend of Jughead Jones. When her father sees her being dragged too deep into the snake...
100K 1.9K 26
It's been a whole summer since she left, but now, Lola Carter is returning to Riverdale, and she's not taking crap from anyone. She's lost a lot - al...