The Billionaire's Runaway Wife

By skylar_hopeee

"Say something, anything. Tell me they're lies, that what we have is real. Tell me you love me, Liam." I sobb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Liam
NOTICE
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 23

107K 3.2K 211
By skylar_hopeee

Chapter 23

Iris Parker

I haven't come up with a plan yet, but my decision was made. This play-family wasn't working.

It's probably selfish of me, but I just can't help it. I can't just go on living everyday beside the very man who took everything away from me and my family as if nothing was wrong. Although my kids were much happier than how I've seen them before, in so many ways, it's so wrong.

I feel like I'm betraying my parents, my hardships, my self.

The three-story house stood in front of me reinforced everything that I was feeling. I haven't been here in 5 years either.

In my memory, it used to be so grand, cozy and homely. It was still well taken care of, but it didn't stand as elegant as before. It was my home.

I pressed the door bell and clung tightly on my clutch.

"Who is there?" the voice asked and I was quite surprised that the guard didn't recognize me. Probably someone new.

"Iris... Iris Williams." I said, trying to normalize how that should sound. I was so used on having the Parker name and it sounded weird saying my name how I used to.

"Oh-oh! Miss Williams! We'll open the doors right away and inform Mr. Williams." the guard says. The gate doors started opening.

"No, please don't inform him. I'll surprise him." I smiled sadly.

"Very well, miss."

The gate doors opened and I entered the Williams property. In all honesty, I didn't want to come back here. I didn't want to see my dad. I'm too ashamed by the things that I have done, I was the reason why—

Stop.

I took my time walking to the house and I noticed that there weren't as many maids or guards that were walking around as I remember it to be. The grass and plants weren't as green and the ground wasn't as clean.

I sighed and shook my head. Little details don't matter.

I opened the door and went inside. A maid quickly greeted me by taking my bag. I thanked her briefly before taking a tour of my old home.

The house still smelled of fresh mint and laundry because those are two things my mom loved. Mind and laundry. Why? I never really knew.

The living room was still the same, the furnitures were still here, the daisies still in the vase as if they've lived there for these past fiver years.

My mother's kitchen was still the same, everything was placed the same. I opened the bottom drawer beside the dishwasher and I almost broke into tears when I saw a bar of chocolate hidden at the very back.

My hands were trembling, but I took the chocolate and slowly opened it. I took a bite and instead of a sweet taste, the taste of warm and bitter water overshadowed the chocolate. It was my tears.

"Iris?"

I immediately stopped. My sobs were shushed by the mere voice.

Slowly, with my heart breaking inside my chest, I turned around to look at the man who I adored my whole life.

His hair was a mixture of black and grey. His face had more wrinkles now, his glasses fogging up. His eyes were widened at the sight of me and I slowly let go of the chocolate I was holding. I took big strides of steps to get to him and when I was in front, I embraced him.

He hugged me back and started saying how much he missed me. My heart broke even more and all I could do was apologize.

"I—I'm" the lump in my throat didn't let me speak. "I'm so— s-so sorry, Dad." I kept saying. I repeated and hoped that I would attain forgiveness with enough sincere apologies.

My father held my face in between his hands and shook his head. He started fixing the strands of hair off my face.

"Shh, Iris. What do you have to apologize for? It was all my fault. If only I hadn't made that deal, you wouldn't have been caught up in it. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry, honey. I just... I just missed you so much." he said, his own tears wetting his face.

"I missed you too, Dad. And this house. I missed everything here." I admitted. He looked behind me and smiled sadly.

"I made the maids put a chocolate there everyday just in case you came back and came looking for one." My heart melted and broke.

"Oh, dad. You know I'll always come back here. I couldn't leave here. This is where I belong, this is my home."

"I know, I know. It's just... you were gone for so long and I was feeling very lonely living in such a big house."

I hugged him again and apologized another time. After that, we talked about what we've been up to these past five years.

I told him how I've been working as a marketing operations manager and that I lived in a condo just one or two hours away from here. I chose to keep the triplets hidden from him for a while since I wanted to surprise him.

As for my father, he still managed some of the little businesses that was left and that he was getting by... without my mother.

"I miss her so much, but seeing you now. You have grown to look much more like her and I'm happy for that." my dad reminisced.

I smiled sadly. My mother died 5 years ago, right when we lost all of our business franchises. The stress was too much for her heart and one heart attack was all it took for her to be away from us.

I cried nonstop. My mother was my strength, I told her everything and she always imparted to me her wisdom. When she was gone, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to face my problems alone. I was so used to having her there and when she wasn't, I chose to run away from everything.

"I miss her too Dad. But life is life. We have to go on, she would've said that same thing."

"You're right, sweetie." he looks at me, teary-eyed. "I'm so proud of who you've become."

That shattered my heart. Was I someone to be proud of? It's my fault that we lost all our business, it's my fault that mom died.

"So what about Liam, Iris?"

As if on cue, my phone started ringing. It was Liam. I looked up to my father, as if asking for permission to answer it. He gently smiled and I stood up and made sure that my father was out of earshot before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Iris, where are you?" Liam's voice spoke through. I could tell he didn't sound too happy.

"Uh, just out to do some errands, why?"

"Where? I'll pick you up—"

"No, no. I'll be fine."

"I'll pick you up." it was final. I sighed frustrated. What was up with him? He can't control me like this!

"And I'm saying no, Liam. I'll get home by myself. Now, if you don't mind, I'm in the middle of something very important." I said and hang up before he could say something else.

My heart pounded against my chest, but I ignored it. At least, I tried to.

I made my way back to my father.

"Dad, I'm so sorry, but I have to leave now. I'll explain everything when I come back."

——-

Hi everyoneee!!

I know, I know, I am so terribly sorry that I haven't updated in a LONG time. After school finished, I got caught up in many responsibilities and Christmas.

But I'll update once more by the end of today.

Stay tuned.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄 🎉💕 to all of you!!! Hope you all enjoyed this precious holiday. The night Christ was born. 💕

So stay tuned, AGAIN. And see y'all very soon.

-sky💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 50.5K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
177K 4.5K 37
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧." In spite of how...
275K 7.3K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
379K 12.7K 46
"You have beautiful eyes, I'd love to be lost in them." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Has that line worked for every female?" "Maybe it h...