The Violinist (A BTS- Yoongi...

By TempralSinz

For Lyra Walsh, life is simple - Wake up in her Aunt's loft, feed the cat, try not to break anything, and pla... More

Chapter 1: The Dream
Chapter 2: The Lonely Producer
Chapter 3: Fun - Raisers
Chapter 4: Auction blues.
Chapter 6: Strings
Chapter 7: Surprise visit
Chapter 8: The storm
Chapter 9: The Date
Chapter 10: Friends
Chapter 11: Sharps and flats
Chapter 12: Resin
Chapter 13: Treble
Chapter 14: Crescendo
Chapter 15: Last
Chapter 16: Goodbye song
Chapter 17: Home Again
Chapter 18: Lost Symphony
Chapter 19: Audition
Chapter 20: Ugly Things
Chapter 21: Rush
Chapter 22: Fear
Chapter 23: Away
Chapter 24: Broken
Chapter 25: Pain
Chapter 26: Shattered
Chapter 27: The Devil's Violin
Chapter 28: Red
Chapter 29: New Home
Chapter 30: Bliss
Chapter 31: Life Like This
Chapter 32: Perfect
Chapter 33: Final Symphony

Chapter 5: Shattered Dreams

526 33 1
By TempralSinz

The next day went by pretty fast, I got up and went to work. The others and myself cleaned up the Healing wings building before we go to go home. I admit I was dreading going home. It meant I would have to get myself mentally ready to deal with that Yoongi guy. That dream kept me from having yet another night of peaceful rest, I really think I shouldn't stress over the violin. Either of them, the one that's smashed, or the one that's been haunting my dreams. I opened the door to the apartment and noticed a small box that I nearly tripped over. Picking it up I looked at who it was to and where it came from. It turned out to be something for my aunt so I sent her a quick message and put it in her closet for safe keeping. 

After a quick shower I tried to see what I had to wear. It was warm out so nothing too heavy was needed. I tossed on my plain white chanel t-shirt and some jeans. Both were past christmas presents from my aunt and uncle. I put on my socks and sneakers and grabbed my hoodie just in case. After a quick check to make sure I had my keys and everything, I left and made my way to see Mr. Min Yoongi. I enjoyed the fresh air and checked my phone to make sure I put the pictures of my violin where I could get to them fast and easy.

The guard from before, Han just smiled at greeted me as I entered the building. 

"Hello again Miss." He chuckled a bit.

"Hey, Han wasn't it?" I bowed and he did the same. "I promise I won't cry this time." I smiled and he laughed.

"That's quite alright miss. I've been instructed to show you the way up to Mr. Min's office." He gestured to the elevator and I followed him. Good to know I wasn't going to be automatically thrown off the grounds. As Han pressed the numbered button 8, my heart started to beat nervously. I could almost feel the anxiety swelling inside me. Why was I so nervous? We stood in silence while the elevator made its way up. The doors opened and Han stepped out, I followed quietly as we walked down a long hall. At the end were two large wooden doors, Han looked to the left where a secretary was seated at her desk. She nodded to Han and pressed something on her desk. A button maybe? Han knocked on the doors one and then opened them. 

We stepped inside a rather nice office, large but a somewhat homely feel. Maybe it was because there was a living room like area to the left when we walked in. Also a little kitchen area with a table. Did he.... did he live here? I mean this place was bigger than my aunts, there were two doors to the right and one on the far left. We walked forward and Han stopped and bowed at the man sitting in his chair behind his desk.

"Miss Lyra, Sir." Han smiled as he turned to me.

"Thanks, that will be all Han." Yoongi sounded distant and distracted. I held my hoodie in my arms and took one step closer as Han left the room, closing the door behind him. The sound the doors made was quite intimidating to be honest, and made me jump a little.

"Glad I wasn't instantly removed. Heh.." I half chuckled, the nervous feeling got a little worse when he glanced up to look at me. His black framed glasses slipping down his nose slightly. I guess I never really looked at him before but he had such beautiful skin, soft looking. His eyes were intimidating yet there was some warmth in them. He had on a nice black suit and tie, I admit he always seemed to be dressed impressively. I couldn't break my gaze from his until he looked back at the papers in front of him.

"You can sit." He spoke somewhat quietly but I was able to hear him enough. I took a seat in one of the big chairs, keeping my hoodie resting in my lap. I folded my hands and waited for him to say anything else. After all he was the one who invited me here to straighten this out.

"So you believe I broke your violin, and now you want money for it? You expect me to write you a check for some amount, so what? So you can pay off a loan? Rent? Other bills? Or are you planning to play the good samaritan card and once I hand over a check you're going to hand it back and feed me a line about how all you wanted was an apology, and for me to listen to your music?" His tone was cold again, but that isn't what caught me off guard. It was his words. Did he really think that's what people do? scheme and plan disgraceful things like this?

"Clearly you're a magnet for the wrong kind of person if that's how you think of others." I found my voice slightly trembling, I couldn't seem to shake the nervousness. He looked at me and leaned back in his chair.

"Clearly you think I'm some idiot. I know people, I know how people use other people. My view of this, is that you seem to take me for a fool and you just want something for nothing." He kept his eyes on mine till his phone beeped, and a woman spoke.

"Sir, it's Miss Jina. She's.."

"Call Mark and have him go pick her up and take her to her place." He sighed and pushed the button on the phone. "Speaking of people who take me for a fool..." He seemed off and he rubbed his forehead a bit before looking back to me. "My point is, you don't have solid proof. I don't recall running anything over, and I don't know you well enough to trust you're not a scammer." He folded his hands in front of him on his desk and I lowered my head for a moment. This was ridiculous, not just that he thought he had no reason to apologise, but it was really sad that he didn't trust anyone and thinks people only want to talk to him to get something from him.

"You know, now I see why you're such a cold jerk. You have this twisted idea that people only would approach you so they could get something. Aren't you some hot shot music guy? You have tons of people who adore you I'm sure, and yet this is how you think of them? That's pretty sad and fucked up. I mean sure I'm not going to deny that there aren't some fucked up people who only use others for personal gain. However to automatically assume everyone who comes up to me is like that... well that's just pathetic." The nervousness was gone, sadly my mouth was just blurting out my thoughts. 

"Pathetic? Isn't it pathetic to accuse someone of something without gathering proof? Isn't it pathetic to storm up to someone and insult them?" He just stared at me as he spoke, that cold stare. And I don't know why, but... I laughed. Like I laughed a lot, and loud. He blinked at me and then gave me a confused look.

"I'm sorry.." I couldn't contain it, I just laughed. I didn't know what else to do.

"I'm so glad my view amuses you."He rolled his eyes but that only made me laugh more. At this point I had tears in my eyes. I tried my best to compose myself before speaking again.

"I'm sorry, it's .. I don't know why I laughed. I guess it's just, you're so cold toward everyone. I mean, yeah I probably could have approached you better. Sadly I didn't and I took more of the Bostonian approach without thinking. So how about I apologise for that, and then you can apologise for something." I pressed my lips together to hold in another laugh. "Mr. Min, I'm very sorry for how I came up to you that day and insulted you. I was wrong in that and I'm sorry." I bowed slightly in my seat and noticed he tilted his head at me. He sighed and leaned back again, I don't know if he was thinking or if he was trying to find a way to get me to leave.

"I admire you bluntness. Thank you for the apology. I am sorry I lacked the patience to handle the situation better. You caught me on a bad day, and I'm not using that as an excuse. I should have handled it better. I'm willing to hear why you're so hell bent that I ... fix you said? That I need to fix your violin." He leaned forward again and locked eyes with me. I don't know why but I couldn't look at him, his gaze was intimidating and maybe I was afraid I'd lose my words.

"I was about, 10 years old when my grandfather presented me with that violin. He loved that I picked it up and really took to it when I was 8. I loved the sound, I loved the feeling of my finger tips gliding along the strings. Music was my safe place, my world. So imagine... many years later, being a young adult and the person who meant so much to you passes away. All you have is this item, this instrument to remind you of happy days. Then one day you're in another country, doing a favor for family and a car being driven rather fast when the light didn't even change yet drives over the instrument you only dropped because it was raining and you slipped while crossing the crosswalk." I took my phone out and opened the folder with the pictures of the now broken violin. "I only wanted it fixed, so I could play it again. I only wanted to play and fulfill my dream of being a violinist, A prime violinist. I just wanted to make music until my time on earth was up. That was the dream.... but since you said you admire my bluntness, I'll tell you this. That day you not only trashed my violin unknowingly, but you also shattered my dreams. It will take me a long time to get another violin, and even then it won't replace that one and all the memories it holds." At this point I was holding back tears. I stood and forced a smile as I bowed to him.

"You can think whatever you want about it, honestly at this point... I'm too tired to argue with you about if you did or didn't run over my violin. I don't think you'll ever apologise, your actions and words are of someone who doesn't understand compassion. It's funny because after meeting those friends of yours, it's difficult to think you're as cold as you come off. So I'm thinking it's just a ploy." I shook my head and laughed a bit as a tear escaped my eyes and traveled down my cheek. "You should consider becoming an actor." I moved from in front of the chair and turned to leave, I walked to the door when I heard something behind me. I kept walking and put my hand on the door handle when an arm from behind me held the door closed. I looked to my left and there was Min Yoongi, looking at me with new eyes... eyes I'd not seen before. They were soft, like he was a child looking at a puppy.

"I know someone who might be able to fix your violin. No promises though. I'll take you tomorrow to meet him and we'll see what can be done. I'll get you a loaner while he fixes yours. So please meet me here tomorrow morning and..." His voice matched his eyes in softness. He just stared at me, then he leaned close and I felt my heart jump for few seconds. "I really hope you're not trying to scam me. If you are, it will be your biggest regret." like a light switch his voice was cold and distant again, to be honest it was kind of scary how he could flick it on and off like that. I tried to find my voice but all I could do was nod to assure him that I understood. He let me open the door and leave. I was clenching my hoodie to my chest as my heart continued to act weird. Like it was trying to do gymnastics and it was so scared that it wanted to leap out of my chest and run.

Han met me in the hall and rode the elevator down with me, he handed me another tissue and I laughed.

"I swear this is not becoming a thing." I smiled and laughed a bit more. He spoke warmly and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I hope not, but I always carry tissues with me just in case." He let me step out of the elevator first. "I called a car for you as well to take home, it was under Mr. Min's orders." I looked at him surprised.

"He asked you to call a cab for me?" I tilted my head slightly as Han walked me out of the building and shook his head.

"No ma'am, a car..." He motioned toward a black heavily tinted windowed car waiting in front for me. The driver got out and opened the rear driver side door for me. Han walked me over and helped me into the car.

"why?" It was all I could ask. Han laughed a bit at my confusion.

"Because this is Mr. Min's personal car and driver. His name is Mr. Kim. and he'll drive you back home. Mr. Min thought this would be the only way to make sure you got home safely. Like I said last time, he's not a bad guy." Han smiled and nodded to me. I smiled and nodded back. Maybe my assumption was right in there, maybe it was an act? A defense mechanism some would call it. Hell I've been there, being cold to people so you don't get close. I waved to Han after he closed my door, putting on my seatbelt I waited for Mr. Kim to get back into the car. He shut his door and smiled at me from the rearview mirror.

"Good even Miss and where will I be taking you?" He was cheerful and his smile was calm and sweet. I smiled back and gave him clear instructions to my aunt's apartment. It didn't take super long since I didn't live too far away. I usually walked because it was good exercise, however it was getting late and the apartment was not in the best of areas, it also wasn't in the worst, which I was also thankful for. Mr. Kim opened my door and watched to make sure I got into the building ok. Once I was inside the apartment I went to the window to see if he was still there. He was pulling away when I peeped through the blinds. 

After a nice relaxing bath I put on my robe and decided to watch a movie till I fell asleep. All the while Yoongi's soft voice played in my head, I wished he spoke like that more often. I felt sleep take over me, my eyes were heavy and shut tight. It was different this time, it was still dark and the black violin was still in the spotlight. There was no figure this time in the distance, this time the figure was behind the violin. Suddenly it stepped into the light, it was Yoongi. Why was I dreaming about him? He held out a hand then motioned toward the violin. As I stepped forward the ground started to crack, like glass. I took another step and a crack ran all the way to the violin and split it, suddenly Yoongi's image faded and the violin shattered. I tried to run for it, but the more I moved the more it cracked, and within moments the ground beneath me shattered and fell which sent me into a free-fall. 

I jumped up from the dream and looked at my phone - 4:33 am.... great. I rolled over and went back to sleep, hoping to not have that dream ever again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 733 28
❝Some secrets are better off unsaid.❞ Started: 3-12-2021 Ended:???
3.9K 412 21
you attend a korean arts high school. you major in dancing/choreography. while being in that class you meet a guy named min yoongi. he's such a jerk...
490 37 33
Min Yoon Gi has been cursed to live as a cat until he can prove he is no longer selfish. He's on his last chance. Will he finally change his ways bef...
27.3K 1.5K 42
From the day you were born, your life was already bonded to another. Swore to stand beside another man and his doings...but was that a life you truly...