Runaway Runner{A Why Don't We...

By DiviaOfDiamonds

"If you ain't scared, you ain't human." Being the first Glader did have its perks, yet she still insisted the... More

About the Character
Roles
Chapter One
Chapter Two
~Scenario~ How the Gladers Got Their Nicknames
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
~Scenario~ If the Gladers got Phones
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Three

211 7 2
By DiviaOfDiamonds

Thomas was awoken, early morning by Alby. "Hey Greenie, I need to show you something." Thomas had just woken up, as a result, he was very confused.

"What? Why?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Just follow me." Alby said, standing up. Thomas followed Alby and after a few minutes they met their destination. "Look through that window." Thomas cocked an eyebrow but proceeded to look out the window.

Something that moved caught Thomas' attention 'what is that?' He thought. The thing then hit the window. Thomas jumped back. "What was that?!" He shouted. The creature proceeded to back up and ram into the window.

"Those are Grievers. That's why you can't go into the Maze, unless you're a Runner." Alby said with a straight face. "Now in a few hours (Y/N) or Newt are going to help you with your part in the Glade." Alby said, walking away. "Talk to any of us if you have a question."
~~
A few hours later Newt came and led Thomas to the Bloodhouse. "Good luck Tommy, this job is a hassle." Newt said. He then headed to the gardens. (?)

Thomas looked around a bit and saw the dog from yesterday. The dog got up and exited the Bloodhouse. The dog proceeded to follow (Y/N) to the Med-hut.
~~
(Y/N) approached Thomas and the Keeper of the Slicers. "How's he doing? A handful isn't he?" (Y/N) questioned with a grin.

"Heh. I don't think he's cut out for the job." The boy called Winston said. Winston paused. "No pun intended."

"I can see that. Welp Thomas, lets go take you to test out being a Trackhoe." She said and exited the Slaughterhouse, Thomas following behind. "Newt, Zart, this one right here is switching jobs." (Y/N) said pointing to Thomas.

"I still don't understand how I'm a handful." Thomas mumbled.

(Y/N) and Newt gave him a 'seriously' look. "Hm. Where to start? You've been here for what two days and managed to have barge into an occupied room unannounced, get a person who was out of their mind to attack you, and get Gally to hate you, even though Gally hates everyone." (Y/N) said, very unamused. Thomas closed his eyes and cringed.

"The fight wasn't me." He defended.

"Uh huh, whatever you say. Welp, Newt and Zart, I leave you with Tommy." (Y/N) smiled before going to the Homestead.

"Well Tommy, lets get you started." Newt said. "Zart you wanna show him the ropes or not?" Zart shook his head in response. "Okay then." Newt explained the whole thing Trackhoes do. "Alright, sound easy enough?" Newt questioned his new friend. Thomas nodded, even though he didn't understand a single thing. "Great! It'd be nice if you could chop down some wood." Newt pointed to an axe that happened to be right my a pile of trees, needed to be chopped.

Thomas nodded and began chopping down wood.
~~
(Y/N) that it'd be nice to go visit Teresa. When (Y/N) entered her room she saw that the other female was sleeping. The (h/c) haired girl sighed. 'Why do I have such a bad feeling about you?' (Y/N) thought, looking at Teresa. She was not expecting a response.

Maybe because we've known each other much much longer than before. A female voice said in (Y/N)s head. Her eyes widened and she looked around.

Who's there? She questioned.

Why of course, it's your best friend. Well, at least before I helped design the Maze. The voice responded.

But who are you? The voice said nothing at first.

...Teresa. (Y/N) backed up from Teresa. She shook her head and walked out, thinking that she finally had lost it. Little do you know. The voice said.
~~
Flashback (6 years ago, (Y/N) is 10):
The young (e/c) eyed girl had tears in her eyes, knowing she was now alone. All of her family had caught the Flare and were slowly turning insane. "I don't want to leave, mommy. You're all that I got." The older woman knelt down to her child's height.

"Go (Y/N), I don't want them getting you. They'll be here any se-" She was cut off by two people breaking down the door. "RUN!" The (h/c) woman shouted.

"I can't leave you!" The young girl shouted.

"Please? For me?" The woman questioned her daughter with tears in her eyes. (Y/N) cried but still nodded. She ran to the living room and climbed out the window. When she thought she was safe a person working with the enemy grabbed her arm.

"Let me go!" She screamed while hitting her captor.

"Do you want to live?" The person asked her. She immediately stopped. "Thought so." The captor picked her up and placed her in a van that held around 7 other children.

She looked at them, they all looked back at her. She curled up into a ball, completely silent until a voice spoke up.

"Hi, I'm Teresa."
~~
(Y/N) snapped out of her memory. But was it a memory or was it just a trance. Either way she went to a person she knew would listen. "Hey Daniel, can we talk?"

Daniel looked up and over at his friend. "I guess..."

(Y/N) smiled and led him to the Deadheads. "I had a vision." She looked down.

"Is that so?"

"Not just any vision, one about my past. Well, at least I think it was my past. There was a mini me and an older version of me telling the mini me to run. When the little me did she got caught an- and met a girl, a girl named- shuck, What was her name? I'm already forgetting." (Y/N) let out a sigh.

"Woah, slow down. So you had a memory come back? That's great!" Daniel responded, trying to cheer her up.

"No, it's not great. I want to know more about what happened. And who this mini me met. Who always the older person in my vision?!" She was gripping on her hair.

"Calm down." Daniel whispered. He gently removed her hands from her hair. "It's going to be okay." He wrapped her in a hug, which she gladly returned.

"Thank you Dani." She looked up at him and smiled. "You're like a brother I probably never had."

Daniel almost winced at the 'brother' part. "Anytime, anytime." He kissed her forehead and let go. "Well, we should go get dinner soon." (Y/N) nodded and left the Deadheads, thinking Daniel was right behind her. "If only you knew..."
~~
"Yo, (Y/N/N), sorry you had to go through that last night." (Y/N) cringed at the memories.

"No, no it's all good Zachary." She responded with a smirk.

The boy playfully glared at (Y/N). "I see how it is (A/N/N)."

(Y/N) glared back at the boy. "Listen here you little-"

"Alright, alright, you guys can stop now." Jonah said. Was (Y/N) able to notice this?

"Jonah, our hero." (Y/N) said with a sarcastic smile.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Jonah said, narrowing his eyes at the female.

"You love me. I know you do." (Y/N) batted her eyelashes, pretending to be cute.

"You're right, I do." Jonah said and crossed his arms. (Y/N) was taken back by this, but nonetheless continued.

"Are you going to show me how much you love me, my love?"

"I will." Jonah said with a smirk.

"Okay, okay, okay, you guys can stop now." Zach said. He shot a glare at Jonah.

"Someone's jealous." Jonah said, still wearing a smirk.

"Psh, no." Zach denied

"Uh-huh What ever you say young one." Jonah put his hands behind his head and walked off. After Zach finally processed what Jonah said, he went after him.

"Hey! I'm no younger than (Y/N)!"

"She's different."

"Is not!"

"Is to."

"Is not!"

"Is to."

(Y/N) just shook her head with a smile. "Boys."

"Good evening, kind lady." Corbyn suddenly said, attempting at a British accent.

"Geez Corbyn, you really know how to scare me, don't ya?" (Y/N) questioned with a grin.

"Why of course I do. Otherwise my name wouldn't be Corbyn." Corbyn responded, wearing the same grin.

"You don't even know if that is your name." (Y/N) mumbled under her breathe. "Is that so Corbean?"

"It is indeed."

"You can drop the accent..."

"But I enjoy this accent."

"Please stop."

"Oh, alright." Corbyn lifted (Y/N)s hand to his lips and gave it a kiss. "Farewell, my fair lady."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and pretended to bow. "Farewell." (Y/N) walked into the kitchen and took an apple. "Hey Frypan, I'm stealing this."

"Okay!" Frypan responded.

"Later."

"Bye."
~~
By the time Thomas finished with all his jobs, he'd lost his appetite. (Y/N) approached him, holding an apple. "Hungry?" The petite girl questioned. Thomas shook his head rapidly in response. "Didn't think so." She giggled.

"(Y/N)!" She turned around to see Jack, there panting.

"Welcome back, Jack! Heh, that rhymed." (Y/N) greeted with a smile before giggling again.

"This is no laughing matter. Alby got stung!" (Y/N) eyes widened.

"WHAT?! If he doesn't die from that sting, I'm going to kill him myself! NEWT EMERGENCY!" Newt looked over to the girl. And ran, more like limped, over to her.

"What is it?" He questioned. (Y/N) looked at Jack, expecting him to explain.

"Alby, he got stung. The Griever that we thought was dead suddenly sprung to life and stung him. But it did look a little scared, almost as if it was running from us... pfft as if that'd happen. But anyway, my main point is Alby got stung in the Maze while Minho just said to go get help." Jack said as if it's the most casual thing in the world.

"How can you be so casual about this?! Someone's life is on the line here-" Newt got cut off by the sounds of the walls closing. "Nonononononono. Not now. Not bloody now." He said and ran towards the walls, (Y/N), Thomas, and Jack in tow.

"I see them!" Thomas shouted. Gladers began crowding around the opening shouting words of encouragement to Minho. Minho suddenly tripped and that's when everyone knew, they weren't going to make it.

"They're not going to make it. They won't bloody make it." Newt stated the obvious.

"Minho! Don't give up on me now!" (Y/N) cried out. (Y/N) saw this look in Thomas' eyes, and she knew she didn't like it.

"Don't do it, Tommy, don't bloody do it." Newt said, taking the words right out of her mouth.

Five feet.

Four feet.

Three. Two.

Thomas moved forward, slipping through the opening and stepped into the Maze. "THOMAS!" Was all he heard before the walls slammed shut, and nothing but an echo was heard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 158 32
Y/n is the only girl in the glade, she struggles day to day with someone who torments her and is torn between Gally and newt- this book does contain...
86.1K 2K 26
Being the only girl in the Glade is hard for Y/N. She works in the kitchen, does the laundry, and hates both. To make matters worse, Gally never pass...
153K 2.7K 30
(Y/N) was the first glader. She didn't remember anything when she woke up in the box, and she still has no memories. Greenies come up every month. On...
11.1K 175 35
{Book 1 out of 3} It was supposed to be a normal Greenie day in the Glade, but they got their first girl instead. She was violent, angry, and didn't...