Breath of Life | LoZBoTW

By stark-sarah

i always say we should be together i can see below 'cause there's something in here and if you are gone, i w... More

Introduction
They Meet
The Chosen One
Divine Beast Vah Ruta
Nightmares
Unfamiliar Familiar
Divine Beast Vah Naboris
Stitches
Baggage
Divine Beast Vah Rudania
Unlovable
Run From Me
Divine Beast Vah Medoh
Courage
Lost Woods
The Master Sword
Guilt
Memories
Calamity Ganon
The Chosen Heroes
Recruitment
Misconduct
Overpowering Love
Family Tree
Low
The New Champions
Feelings
Ice
The Ocean
Mistakes
Savior
Challenges
Daruk & Mipha's Song
The Champion's Ballad

Passing on the Legacy

1.3K 41 39
By stark-sarah

Several years later, Hyrule was flourishing. The Yiga Clan, the only main threat, was run down. There were never any attacks anymore. They were rare and not thought out, so they never succeeded. It was a wonderful world to live in. Emery and Link were getting married, Zelda had found a wonderful man fit to be her husband, a prince from another kingdom with magical powers. Zelda was Emery's set maid of honor, and her bridesmaids were Riju- who was tall, beautiful, and flourishing now!- and Piya. Link's groomsmen were Zelda's husband as his best man, and two of his other friends from the Royal Guard. They were going to get married at the Sacred Grounds since they were The Chosen Heroes. The theme was forest green. That was Emery's favorite color, aside from Champion blue. It represented the breath of the wild, the way she met Link and everything they went through. Link liked it since it really went with her eyes. Zelda helped her get ready that morning.

"How do you want to do your hair?" She asked. Emery shrugged as she looked in the mirror.

"I'm not sure. I don't like it up, though, and I know Link doesn't either." She stated. Zelda nodded knowingly.

"I think I have something in mind..." She tapped her chin as she looked at her in the mirror. Emery gave her the go, and she went to work. Riju and Piya arrived soon after. They were both so happy and excited for her. Link was also getting ready across the castle. Zelda insisted it was bad luck to see each other before the ceremony, so they abided by her rules. It would be all the more surprise, so Emery was excited. The bridesmaids wore satin, green dresses with lace at the top. Emery's dress was the most beautiful thing the girls had ever seen, and everyone was going to be blown away by it. They were the only ones who knew about it, aside from the royal seamstress. It was, of course, white and very simplistic. It was also satin with an off-the-shoulder sweetheart neckline that didn't have a large skirt or tight one either, but had a long train. They helped her into it. It was fitted at her waist but flowed freely at her hips and below.

Zelda had done her hair in messy waves with a braid down the side of her head with tiny white flowers stuck into the crevices along it. She was very happy with it. She wore little makeup, but enough to make her eyes pop with a little black. Her bouquet was red and white roses with lots of succulents and such. The wedding cake was white with succulents on it. She just loved nature and plants and the earth.

It was time for the ceremony to begin soon, so they got Emery down there as soon as they could without revealing her to Link. They had him cover his eyes until she walked out. Zelda went first, then Riju, then Piya. They all took their respective places. Everyone stood, and Emery began to slowly walk down the isle, basking in the moment. They had given Purah the Sheikah Slate to take pictures with. Link was finally told to open his eyes and when he did, his mouth fell open, almost all the way to the ground. She looked stunning. No, she looked even better than that. She stepped in front of him, and they joined hands. Impa married them through the ceremony under the eyes of Goddess Hylia, and there, he was allowed to kiss the bride.

That was only the morning ceremony. They had the reception afterwards where they ate and danced until the evening. Then came the after party. They were so busy, Link and Emery hardly had the chance to really talk and enjoy each other. It was okay though, they were getting all the attention the deserved. Practically everyone in Hyrule was there. There was an after party that lasted well into the night in the ballroom of the castle. It was the only place big enough to fit everyone. The only people who weren't there were kids and such. That was when they finally got to enjoy each other.

Link and Emery slow danced in the middle of the floor. "Can you believe we're here right now?"

"What do you mean?" He asked as he held her closely and tightly. With all the people around and the hot bodies, she was beginning to feel warm herself. That would do it, though. There were so many people she couldn't even get to the water. Nonetheless, she continued on. She wanted to have a good time.

"I don't know. I just think back to all those years ago when we first met. How cold I was to you. I thought you were in love with Zelda. And the threat of Calamity Ganon. It all seems like decades ago. I never thought I would ever be here with you, on our wedding night." She shook her head with a smile. He smiled back.

"I always knew." He said.

"Knew what?" She gave him a playful look.

"That we'd be together. I just knew I wanted you, and I was going to make you mine." He winked at her and pulled her closer against him.

"Oh, did you now?" She giggled. They were so much older now and mature. They both knew how to express their feelings without feeling ashamed. They helped repair each other from the damage previously suffered.

"I love you Emery. I love you with all my heart, forever and always, and in our next life I'll find you. And we'll save Hyrule again and again, together. It'll always be me and you. My soul is tied to yours and I will always want you. You mean everything to me. Words can't express how much I feel towards you. You're the hottest woman alive, my Goddess. I was truly blessed to have been given someone as incredible as you to share my life, my soul, and my Triforce piece with." He confessed to her. She blushed slightly.

"And why didn't you say all this in your vows instead of 'now I'm married so my life sucks'." She snorted. He chuckled.

"Because I wanted to say something more meaningful to you in private, not in front of a bunch of people for show. I want you to know I really mean it." He continued to hold her closely. She was really beginning to get hot. "Are you okay? You feel really warm."

"I think I'm fine, yeah. There's just a lot of people in here, a lot of bodies." She pulled away from him and fanned herself.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He continued to give her that concerned look that lasted throughout all the years. She nodded again, but everything was starting to spin as she looked around. As soon as she started to collapse, Link caught her. She had passed out. "Hey, I need a doctor here!"

The royal doctors came and got her, taking her from his arms. He quickly followed after her, and everyone was silent. He was sure it was nothing, just dehydration. Emery never took care of herself in that sense, he always had to remind her to drink water. Zelda, Riju, Piya, and Impa came soon after.

"I don't think you should be in here." Zelda shook her head, trying to push him out the door. He was finally a bit taller than her after all these years, and Emery too. That made him just a bit stronger.

"What? Why? I've seen her naked before." He protested.

"Well, obviously, but it's just private. I'm sure everything's fine, just let us girls handle it." Zelda argued. He let out a sigh and reluctantly walked away from the door so she could shut it. The doctor did determine she was hydrated, but there was more. When she woke up after getting fluids, he informed her.

"What happened? Did I pass out? I should've drank more water..." She trailed off. They all stared at her with unreadable expressions. "What?"

"Well, you were dehydrated, but the reason it caused you to pass out is because..." The doctor trailed off.

"You're with child!" Zelda grinned excitedly, clapping her hands. Emery stared at her with a blank face. A child? With their lives, could they even have children? She had so many questions, and panic washed over her. "Why aren't you excited?"

"Link and I battle. That's our life. How am I going to do that when pregnant?" Her eyebrows knitted together with worry. Zelda grabbed her hand reassuringly.

"Don't worry about any of that right now. It'll be a while before you're really restricted. We'll figure everything out. Right now, you should be happy!" She grinned at her. Emery slowly nodded, but a smile still didn't find it's way to her face.

"What about Link? What if he doesn't want a child? What if he-"

"Stop your worrying, Emery! I know he's wants children, he's told me about it. Someone to pass the legacy onto. Both of you are so good with kids and love them, everything's going to be fine." Zelda told her reassuringly. Emery just gulped and nodded. Change was scary to her, and she didn't like it one bit. With a child, Emery and Link's lives would be altered forever. She knew she had to have faith in the Goddess Hylia, there was a reason she was giving this to her. It had to be a blessing in disguise, she just had to have hope about it.

"I don't know how to tell him, or when. I just don't feel like I can tell him right now." Emery shook her head quickly.

"That's completely alright. We'll find a right way and time to tell him, you just have to have faith with me." Zelda rubbed her arm gently with a warm smile. They were both so old now, so much more mature. There was no childish and petty fights between them. The kingdom prospered. Not a thing threatened them. This was the life, the perfect time to have a child. This had to be a good omen. Everything was going to be okay, and knowing this, Emery felt okay again.

Emery soon returned to Link, who was worried to an extent. He knew she had to be okay, just dehydrated. "If it's alright with you, I'm ready to go up for the night. The party will most definitely rage on without us."

"Yeah, sure, I'm pretty exhausted." Emery nodded in agreement. They headed upstairs together, and for some reason he was careful with her. As if he knew. This made her paranoid, as she just didn't think he should find out right now. But he was going to soon, because these next seven months were going to go by quickly. She was going to start to show, and even now she was starting to get sick. How was she going to tell him? For some reason it was nerve-racking for her.

They laid down to get some rest, but Emery could hardly sleep. She was plagued by her worries. Zelda knew this, and was desperately thinking of good ways to tell Link for Emery. She was excited for them both. She knew what this child portended, it was going to be an incredible Hylian. A wonderful warrior like their parents, with powers, and extraordinary beauty.

It took Emery a couple of months to tell Link. She waited to make sure everything was okay. There were twins, a boy and a girl. Emery knew they would be in for it now. She had to tell Link, now was the time. They were eating dinner with Zelda and her husband, facing each other. She was offered some wine, but declined. Link knew that wasn't like her, so he knew something was up.

"I have to tell you something." She said. He looked at her.

"Well, what is it?" He asked, the anticipation killing him. She didn't know how he couldn't already tell. He was clueless to this kind of stuff, that was for sure. She grabbed his hand and put it on her stomach. He looked at her hesitantly.

"I'm pregnant." She whispered out to him. Zelda looked at them hopefully, excited for his reaction and their joy. He stared at her with wide eyes for a moment before jumping up and picking her up with him, spinning her around before he kissed her sweetly.

"I can't believe it! I'm so excited! I'm literally going to be the best dad ever." He held her hands tightly in his. His joy was evident.

"With twins." She added finally, and his eyes widened more. "Boy and girl."

"Double the fun!" He said excitedly. She chuckled at him, and they hugged for a moment.

They went on to have their twins, named Ella Harriet and Evan Alexander after their late parents. A whole family of E's, plus Link. They were happy for a long time. Zelda had a daughter named Elizabeth Urbosa, named after her mothers. That was the only child she had. Ella and Evan grew up becoming intelligent, incredible warriors with the most beautiful icy blonde hair and a mixture of blue and green crystal eyes. They were perfect children, with a set of their own minds. They grew up with Elizabeth, always taking care of her since she was younger- not by much. The parents admired the way their children acted with each other. They became close with the aunt and uncles, the Champions, and the other parts of their family. Hyrule was a happy and beautiful place for the Champions, despite all they'd gone through. Their kids were surprised to learn about the hardships each of their parents had faced when they grew up. They hoped they'd never have to live through something like that, as they wouldn't have the courage. That was where they were wrong. Their parents did their best to teach them all they needed to know, as they were the last remains of the past, meant to lead the future. It was going to be an important job and it was stressful on all of them. Zelda saw some of herself in Elizabeth, her need to explore with no care for history and how to be a princess. Zelda didn't force proper etiquette on her, and gave her designated days to explore. It was a happy medium for them both. Zelda would never be like her father, though she loved him and missed him.

Emery and Link taught their children how to be great warriors and also how to help Elizabeth be the great queen she was meant to be one day. To help her remember the past, now with written documents that would never be forgotten. The tell of 10,000 year old story and the 100 year old story would forever be told in the schools for knights and young adults. This way, it would always be prevented. The Champions helped create write-ups for all the Divine Beasts so they would never be foreign to anyone to come. They prayed their efforts would be enough, but they would only be on this earth for so long. They could only do so much, and so could their children.

In the end, it was a happy life for all of them. They never thought it would be, but it was. It taught them to have faith and hope. To love and live in the moment, not the past. To study and be smart, to do what they loved. To go for what they wanted. Link and Emery grew old together like they were meant to, watching their children grow up, become accomplished knights, marry, and have their own children. Life was incredible, and Emery felt blessed to have lived it in such an incredible land with such an incredible story, with an amazing man. Goddess Hylia truly had blessed her forever from the start, even if it didn't seem that way. And, they all lived happily ever after. Until the Calamity came again 10,000 years later. But this time, they were prepared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 805 33
It's best not to mess with time. Zelda has been searching for Link for years after sending him off for his personal journey he never returned from. S...
3K 120 19
Hyrule has been restored to a blissful state, but danger lurks between the shadows. Of wanting bloodshed strewn across Hyrule. Will the Queen of Hyru...
6.4K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...
27.7K 1.1K 24
When the three goddesses of the Triforce unintentionally grant the Princess of Hyrule the Triforce of Power, and the evil locked away from the world...