Doing It Wrong

By tvpacshakvr

© All Rights Reserved to tvpacshakvr 2014-2015 *You must read book 1 (Worst Behavior) before reading this* In... More

Doing It Wrong (Urban Book II)
I Fuck Wit' You Girl
A/N
I Care 4 U
Wait No More
Addison
Thank You
Me, Myself, And I
They Don't Know
Hypothetically
Serenity
Take Care
Crazy
Character List
Hail Mary
Tbh
I Can't Make You Love Me
Club Paradise
Cake
Climax
Heaven
If Your Girl Only Knew
Her Way
A/N
Poetic Justice
All My Life
Doing It Wrong
Epilogue
Important Authors Note

Pills N Potions

173K 3.6K 4.7K
By tvpacshakvr

“Ima keep it moving, be classy and graceful” –Nicki Minaj x Pills n Potions

            Tavi picked up her phone to answer it while still keeping her eyes on the road. She was driving to drop Addison off at daycare and then she was gonna start her day at work. She hasn’t worked in a few days due to the death of Shayne’s dad so it would be her first day back.

            “Hello” Tavi announced into the phone.

            “Hey what are you doing?” She heard Rasia’s voice.

            They haven’t really talked since the day she met Analeigh and she knew she had to catch her up on the late gossip.

            “Just on my way to the daycare to drop Addison off, and then I’m going to work” she replied. “What’s up with you?”

            Rasia sighed. “Sitting here bored out of my mind waiting for Chris to bring me some food, how was the funeral?”

            Tavi didn’t even wanna think about yesterday morning because the funeral was worse then her dads. Just sitting around people crying and sobbing made her a little uncomfortable.

            “It was a funeral” She shook her head. “The normal happened you know how it goes”

            “Yeah I know, how was Shayne?”

            “He was alright, he didn’t wanna go to the cemetery after the wake though, so we went out to eat and then he handled some financial business” She said turning into the parking lot of the daycare.

            “Awe so you two had like a nice little day together” Rasia squealed.

            Tavi laughed and shook her head. “I guess you can say that but when we got back to his place the nice little day turned into an annoying ass night”

            Honestly Tavi was over the nonsense she didn’t care about the situation anymore and she was gonna just chuck her deuces up and keep it moving, something that she never did but she was a lot more different now.

            “What happened?” She questioned, while Tavi parker her car.

            “Well apparently Shayne is seeing some girl, and Loren just so happens to be a big fan of her” She rolled her eyes. “I don’t really care though I just wish he wouldn’t have tired to have sex with me that’s all”

            “That sucks” Rasia sympathized. “I hope you have a better day today”

            Tavi smiled, because she knew for a fact that today was going to be a good day and she told herself that this morning before Shayne took her home. She was convinced that if you put good energy into the universe that good things would happen and that’s her plan.

            “I know I will” She said. “But I have to go because I just pulled into the daycare”

             “About the daycare can you text me the number because I think ima look into that” Rasia asked.

            Tavi nodded. “Yeah, I’ll do it”

            “Okay, thanks. Love you”

            Tavi hung up the phone and turned off the car, getting out and grabbing Addison out of her car seat. She walked into the building and took the elevator up to the third floor and got off. Once she was on the third floor she put in the security pin code to get into the doors. After she got in she immediately took Addison to her designated section of the floor.

            “Hey” A girl smiled at Tavi.

            Tavi recognized her from the first time she came to the daycare but she didn’t remember her name.

            “Hi” She smiled handing Addison over to the girl so she could sign her in. “What’s your name again I forgot?”

            “Oh, It’s Aniya” She replied holding Addison.

            Tavi stopped writing on the clipboard and looked up at her as she rocked Addison in her arms. She knew she heard that name before when Loren said it she just didn’t know from where. She pushed the thought to the back of her head thinking that it couldn’t possibly be the same girl.

            After signing in Addison she handed her baby bag over to Aniya. “Her dad will be picking her up today”

            Shayne and Tavi made an arrangement this morning that he would pick her up since Tavi had to work late, and the daycare is only open until six.

            Aniya nodded. “Okay, just as long as he knows the pin code to get in”

            Tavi made a mental note to text it to Shayne before she did anything else.

            “Okay, thank you. Bye Addison” She waved walking away and pulling out her phone to text Shayne.

            After sending the text she left the building, got into her car and made her way towards the mall to start her day at work.

            A couple months ago Tavi left McDonalds and got a job at the Apple Store in the mall. It paid way more then a fast food place and on top of that they gave her a kit so if her phone ever broke she could fix it herself for free.

            Thirty minutes later she pulled into the mall parking lot, got out and went into the building. She got hit with the cold breeze and it felt good because it was scorching outside. Tavi walked to the back of the mall, up the escalators and went to the Apple Store. When she walked in it was empty like always.

            She loved working there because their not always busy and when a customer comes in they know exactly what they want and she doesn’t have to wait around.

            “Hey Jacob” Tavi smiled at her co-worker.

            “What’s up” He smiled back.

            Jacob was a white college student attending and HBCU. You could tell just by the way he walks that majority of his friends were black, but he still cared this white boy demeanor with him.

            She walked into the back clocked in, putting her things in her assigned locker before going back to the front.

            Normally there’s only one or two people working at one time so she was used to being bored all day but she didn’t mind it because it was a good paying job.

            “Has it been this quiet all day?” She asked standing next to Jacob while he typed away on his phone.

            “Yeah” He nodded. “I can’t wait to get off; I’m tired as a bitch”

            Tavi smacked her lips. “But you haven’t done anything all day”

            “Man, standing up is a job by itself” He complained.

            Tavi laughed and playfully pushed his shoulder. “Whatever”

            They both laughed and Tavi looked towards the door and saw the one person she hasn’t seen in a long time.

            “Hey Kim!” She exclaimed.

            Kim looked up from her purse and smiled. “Oh my god, hey boo”

            Tavi walked over to her and they hugged each other. Tavi hasn’t seen Kim since she left McDonalds a few months ago. And being that Tavi is always busy she never had the time to contact her.

            “How are you?” Tavi asked pulling away.

            Kim smiled. “I’m fine, how’s you and the baby?”

            “Oh we’re good, she’s getting teeth now” Tavi smiled. “But do you still work at the hell hole?” Tavi asked referring to McDonalds.

            “Hell no!” She laughed. “I work at a call center, and guess what?”

            “What?” Tavi anticipated.

            Kim put her hand up and show cased a big diamond ring on her finger. “I’m engaged”

            Tavi covered her mouth with her hands. “No way! To who?”

            “This guy I met in November, his name is Calvin, and he’s my age and very good looking” She cheesed. “I know we moved a little fast, but we just couldn’t wait any longer”

            “Well I’m really happy for you” Tavi said sincerely.

            She knew everything that Kim has been through and she deserves to be happy with someone that loves not only her but her son as well.

            “So, how’s Shayne?” She asked.

            Tavi placed her hands on her hips and sighed. “Well his dad just died so I’ve been helping him out mentally and emotionally, but you know Shayne is Shayne ain’t much changed with him”

            She shook her head. “I just wish you would stop worrying about him and open your eyes to all the fine men Atlanta has to offer”

            “Kim I really wish it was that simple” Tavi sighed walking back over to the counter. “Oh, Kim this is Jacob, Jacob this is Kim”

            “Hey” Kim smiled at him as he did a head nod and got back to his phone.

            “So what did you need today?” Tavi asked.

            “I just needed a new outer box that’s all” She said walking over to the wall of cases and grabbing a tribal print one.

            Tavi grabbed her item and rang it up and told her her total. She handed her her case and receipt and Kim put it in her purse.

            “It was nice seeing you though Tav” She smiled getting ready to leave.

            “You too, and I hope everything works out with your wedding” Tavi hoped.

            It was crazy to even be saying those words but to be saying it to someone like Kim was even crazier. Kim is one of those black girls that’s too caught up on their career that they don’t make time to have a social life. Tavi thought about it and it seems as though she needs to be a lot more like Kim and all the blessings will find her if she just waits patiently.

            “Thank you” Kim said smiling and walking away, but then she stopped and turned around. “You know what, what are you doing tonight?”

            Tavi shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing why?”

            “Let’s go out” Kim suggested. “Because you really need to get over this asshole of a nigga and just have fun for once”

            Tavi scrunched up her face. “I don’t know about that”

            It’s not that Tavi didn’t wanna go out and have fun it’s just that she felt like she had more things to take care of and having fun just wasn’t one of them. And on top of that she had to work the next day.

            Kim pouted. “Please, just come out with me. I’m not saying find you a guy and hook up but can you at least let your hair down for once?”

            Tavi thought about it and figured that Kim wouldn’t stop begging her. She guess it wouldn’t hurt for her to go out for once.

            “Fine” Tavi laughing while rolling her eyes.

            Kim squealed. “Okay, I’ll text you the address of the club and I’ll meet you outside”

            “Okay” Tavi nodded. “Is it okay if I bring a friend?”

            She thought about Analeigh and figured that because Rasia’s pregnant that she wasn’t having fun so far in Atlanta. And being that she’s Rasia’s sister she wanted to show her a good time.

            “Of course” Kim replied. “But I have to go so I’ll see you tonight”

            “Okay, bye” She waved after Kim.

            Going out tonight was the last thing Tavi would’ve thought she would be doing, but she did put good energy into the universe so it was coming back to her and she couldn’t do anything but smile.

<> 

            Shayne sat on his couch smoking a blunt waiting for Loren to arrive so that they could talk about some things. He needed to know if she could look further into the case then where she was at.

            All the evidence wasn’t adding up and he didn’t understand a thing that they had. It wasn’t something that was easy that you could put together as a puzzle. This case was the hardest and he felt like if he didn’t try, it would just turn into another cold case. And it’s not like the police are trying hard anyways because they knew what type of man Joseph was and he knows that they’re all probably glad that he’s dead. But what they don’t know is that he trained a bull and the bull was about to be unleashed within the next couple of weeks if he didn’t get any answers.

            He heard the door bell ring so he put the blunt out in the ashtray and got up to get it. Loren stood there with food in her hand like always.

            “You always comin’ over with food” Shayne chuckled while letting her in.

            “Cause my ass is always hungry and I been at the station house all day so I haven’t eaten” She defended herself while walking into the kitchen.

            Shayne went back into the Family room relighting his blunt and taking a puff out of it.

            “Yo Loren” He called out to her.

            She walked into the Family room with her mouth full of food. She raised her eyebrows waiting for him to talk.

            “What’s up with the attitude you had yesterday towards Tavi?” He chuckled.

            He sensed that she was being a bitch towards her and it was surprising to see Tavi do nothing about it.

            Loren rolled her eyes. “I’ve been hearing about that little girl and I don’t like her reputation and she’s not someone I want you to be around. It’s bad enough she’s raising my niece”

            Shayne shook his head. “Exactly, she’s raising your niece which gives you all the more reason to respect her”

            Loren waved her hands. “I don’t give a fuck about that little girl honestly”

            “And since when did you care about who I surround myself with?” He questioned.

            She walked over to the couch and sat down. “Since Tracy gave birth—“

            She stopped and her eyes got big and her mouth fell agape.

            “Fuck is wrong wit’ you?” Shayne asked.

            She covered her mouth with her hands and shook her head. “Tracy!”

            Shayne sat there looking at her not understand what she was getting at. But then it clicked in his head about the conversation they had yesterday about the evidence in the case and that’s when he realized that the “For T” meant for Tracy; his mom.

            He immediately shot up from his spot on the couch. “Yo this can’t be”

            It only clicked in his mind because he remembered when he was young and everyone used to refer to his mom as T. Even when he first met his dad when he got him out of the group home he referred to her as T.

            He shook his head. “Why would he have a bank account for my mom, she’s dead”

            Loren looked up at him and stood up as well. “Shayne what happened that night? The night she died”

            Shayne sighed and sat back down on the couch. “It was late and she had just brought home some nigga. They did they business and then a few hours later I heard yelling so I went to her room to check it out but I stopped at the door when I heard her talking. She was telling him how he had to leave because I would be getting up for school in a little bit and she didn’t want me to see him. He refused and before I knew it he pulled a gun out and shot her”

            Loren sat back down next to him in the mist of the story and tears started to form in her eyes.

            Shayne hasn’t thought about that night in a long time. He knew that it would just bring the anger out in him and he didn’t need that.

            “Well did you see her body?” Loren crocked.

            “Naw, he was standing over her and then I took off running out the house because I knew he was gon’ kill me next” He reminisced.

            They sat there in silence taking in the moment. It was the first time he shared with her about his mom which he’s never done. The only other person that knows about that night is Mariah. He’s never even told Tavi and he didn’t plan on it. He figured the less she knows the fewer questions she’ll have. Tavi’s always been a curious person and the last thing he needs is one hundred and one questions about that night.

            “Shayne… How do you know that she’s really dead?” Loren asked breaking the silence.

            “Whatchu tryna say?” He chuckled not believing her. “You think she faked her death?”

            She shrugged. “It’s possible”

            “Naw she’s gone, she got a grave site a death certificate and everything” Shayne replied.

            “You don’t know what the government can do Shayne. They could have set that all up. They could have given her a new name a new life and everything” She sighed. “I’m not saying that she didn’t want you, but maybe she figured if she left that all the stress would go away”

            It almost brought tears to Shayne’s eyes to think that his mom would do something like that. If she really faked her own death then it was like she left him for dead and by the grace of god his father appeared at the right time giving him a chance at life.

            “But why would Joseph have a bank account for her” Shayne asked. “Why would she need the money?”

            Loren shrugged. “I don’t know, but ima find out soon. If we can find Tracy then maybe she can tell us who might have killed your dad”

            “If you find her I’ll believe it, until then she’s still dead to me” He mumbled.

            He stood up and reached in his pockets for his car keys. It was getting close to the time when he had to pick up Addison so he figured he’d leave now so he could clear his mind on the drive to pick her up.

            “I’m gonna find her Shayne you just watch” She smirked removing her tears from her eye line. “But where are you going?”

            “Gonna go pick Addison up from daycare” He replied nonchalantly. “I’ll be back”

            He walked out of the Family room and out of the house getting into his Mercedes Benz because that’s the car that had Addison’s car seat in it. He got in the car and took a moment to let what Loren said process. It’s never crossed his mind that his mom might be alive and living. He loves her to the death of him but if she is alive he’ll have a hard time trying to forgive her for leaving him.

            He knows that he’s the one that left the apartment that night but he didn’t go too far. He slept in a police station near his house and if the government was working with her they would’ve been on the look out for him but no one seemed to notice him. He was just another stray kid on the street that they threw into a group home and labeled him as a statistic.

            Shayne shook the thought and started the car leaving out of his drive-way.

            Fifteen minutes later he pulled up to the daycare got out and went into the building. He pulled his phone out to go to the text message he got from Tavi telling him what floor and what the code to get into the daycare was.

            After figuring it out he made it onto the third floor and in the daycare where it was semi quiet. There were kids running around in their section but you could tell that this was the time for pick up. He went to the back where the babies where located and picked up the clipboard signing Addison out.

            “Hey” He heard a familiar voice say.

            He looked up and saw Aniya holding Addison in her hands. Shayne started to chuckle at the sight because he didn’t know that the girl he’s been messing with was working at the same daycare his daughter attended.

            “I didn’t realize she was your daughter until now because you two have the same last name” She laughed.

            He nodded and reached for her. “I ain’t know you worked here”

            She smiled. “Well now you do”

            Aniya and Shayne has known each other since high school and the crazy thing was that Aniya and Mariah were best friends back then and she hated Shayne so much. They recently ran into each other and Shayne couldn’t believe his eyes. The girl with the goofy ass glasses and the train tracks in her mouth turned out to be a head turner. He just knew he had to say something to her and when he did she fell for him just that quick.

            “So whatchu doin tomorrow?” He asked grabbing Addison’s baby bag from her.

            She shrugged her shoulders. “Well I have the day off so I don’t know, why?”

            “I need you to do something for me?” He said.

            It wasn’t just the physical attraction that pulled Shayne into Aniya, it was her savageness. She often helped Shayne out with his business and he respected her for that and never would have thought that he would go to a female for help. She was like his Bonnie and he was Clyde.

             One thing Aniya didn’t do was have sex with Shayne and he was honestly waiting for it. According to her she’s still a virgin and wants to wait for the right time. It’s not necessarily on Shayne’s agenda to take her virginity but he does want some different female parts around him. The only person he’s had sex with was Tavi and she hasn’t been giving it up as often so it was time to move on.

            He saw more in Aniya then what he expects though. She’s a sweet, humble, caring girl, but there’s this side to her that he knows that most people don’t see and that’s her savage side. He like that she could portray so many different roles and he’s never been around a girl like that before.

            “And what’s that?” She grinned.

            “I’ll talk to you later about it” He said not wanting to go into details.

            “That’s fine” She replied.

            He nodded his head. “A’ight, I’ll talk to you later”

            “Okay, bye baby. And bye Addison” She cooed.

            He said bye and made his was out the building so that he could get Addison back to his place. He could see it in her eyes that she was tired and didn’t wanna keep her out a minute longer.

<> 

            Tavi rang Shayne’s doorbell and waited for him to answer the door. She was gonna take Addison over to Rasia’s house so she could watch her while Analeigh and her went out. Although Rasia seemed a little hesitant to let Analeigh go she said it was fine anyways.

            A few seconds later Shayne opened the door and was shocked to see Tavi dressed the way she was. She had on a studded bralet, with distressed high waisted shorts and black Jeffery Campbell studded heels. Her hair was straightened and flowing down her back.

            “Going somewhere?” He smiled.

            She rolled her eyes. “Where’s my baby?”

            He stepped aside to let her in but she stayed outside.

            “You gon’ come in or naw?” He asked.

            “No, just bring her out here” She ordered.

            She saw Loren’s car in the driveway and didn’t wanna have to deal with more smart remarks from her. She had a good day at work and wasn’t about to let some irrelevant bitch mess it up.

            “A’ight hol’ up” He said disappearing into the house.

            She stood outside waiting for his arrival and five minutes later he came back out with Addison.

            “Hey baby” She smiled at Addison as she sucked on her pacifier.

            Shayne handed her off to Tavi and gave her the baby bag too.

            “I need you to get her tomorrow again” Tavi informed.

            “You goin’ out tomorrow again?” He asked smartly.

            She rolled her eyes and turned away. “Just do what I said”

            He shook his head and shut the door. She got Addison in the car, and then herself and then left from Shayne’s house.

            Tavi pulled up in front of Rasia’s house shortly after leaving Shayne’s place. She got Addison out the car and made her way to the house waiting for someone to answer the door.

            Analeigh swung the door opened and smiled.

            “Hey, I’ll be ready in a few” She said walking back into the house.

            Tavi walked in and went into the living room to see Rasia watching TV with lots of food sitting in front of her.

            “Awe I wish I was still pregnant” Tavi pouted walking into the living room.

            She honestly did miss having Addison in her stomach kicking her all the time. It was a feeling that she’s never had before and she wish she could get it back again. And she missed having an excuse as to why she was hungry all the time.

            “You look cute” Rasia complimented.

            Tavi instantly blushed. “Why thank you”

            “Someone else is gonna think you look cute too” Rasia mumbled.

            Tavi looked over at her confused. “Huh?”

            “Nothing” Rasia waved her hands. “It’s just that Analeigh thinks you’re really pretty”

            Tavi placed her hand over her heart dramatically. “Awe, really”

            Rasia looked at her like she was stupid. “Not like that bitch, more then that”

            “She has a crush on me?” Tavi asked laughing.

            Rasia nodded. “Yeah, she was checking you out the other day. That’s why I really don’t want her to go out with you”

            “Oh my god Rasia” Tavi said. “It’s okay for her to have a little school girl crush on me”

            “Yeah, it’s a school crush until she starts fucking you” Rasia mumbled.

            Tavi threw a couch pillow at her and laughed. “You’re nasty”

            “No she’s nasty” Rasia corrected her. “But anyways I hope you have fun I wish I could go”

            Tavi pouted. “Me too, but we’ll make up for it the minute you have him. And we’ll make Chris and Shayne watch the kids while we go out and have fun”

            “Sounds like a plan” Rasia smiled.

            Analeigh walked into the living room and Tavi was taken aback by her appearance. Her outfit was simple but it made her look good.

            “You ready?” Tavi asked after taking in her look.

            Analeigh nodded. “Yeah”

            Tavi stood up and kissed Addison on the forehead. “See you later Ras”

            “Bye, have fun” She yelled after them.

            Tavi and Analeigh left out and hopped into her car and made their way to downtown Atlanta where the club was located. Although Tavi and Analeigh are both underage Kim said she would help them get in and she would buy the drinks for them.

            The only thing on Tavi’s mind for tonight was to not have anything on her mind. Not college, not work, and of course not even Shayne.

            An hour into the night and Tavi was having fun. She was on the dance floor with Kim, Analeigh and a few of Kim’s friends who just so happened to go to the same school as Tavi when she was in ninth grade. They were having fun and Tavi had her fair share of drinks but didn’t wanna drink too much because she had to drive home.

            Anaconda by Nicki Minaj was blasting in the club and the dance floor was jammed packed with girls twerking like they’ve never done it before. Tavi and Analeigh were dancing closely together and Tavi remembered what Rasia told her but she didn’t mind at all.

            She’s had a few crushes on a few girls before so it wasn’t like she was grossed out by it. And she thought Analeigh was a very attractive girl, so she wasn’t complaining.

            After the song went off Blessing by K.Camp started to play and Analeigh removed herself from Tavi but the minute she did she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. But it wasn’t small frail arms like a female. It was nice strong muscular ones and Tavi didn’t hesitate to look up and when she did she saw Marco.

            “Didn’t think I’d see you here” He whispered in her ear.

            “Neither did I” She giggled.

            Marco moved his lips from her ear to her neck and kissed her gently making her blush and making her knees become weak.

            Neck kisses were most definitely her weakness and it seemed as though he already knew that. She finally realized what he was doing and she pushed him playfully away from her and laughed.

            “I have use the bathroom” She announced. “I’ll be back”

            “I’ll be waiting” He said licking his lips.

            She smiled and turned towards the back of the club where the bathroom was located. She walked in and it was completely empty. She checked for the cleanest stall and hurriedly used it not wanting to be in the bathroom longer then what she had to be.

            After she was done washing her hands and checking herself out in the mirror she walked out of the bathroom. She reached in her clutch for her phone to check the time to see that it was only midnight.

            She clicked the lock button on her phone and picked her head up but the minute she did she felt someones hands wrap around her mouth. She whaled trying to get them off of her but they didn’t seem to nudge. The person pulled her to the exit near the bathroom and out the door. She tried her hardest to get the person’s hands from off of her mouth but it didn’t work. The parking lot where they exited the club at was empty so no one saw them.

            They walked up on a black BMW and the person pulled out keys from their pocket. He clicked a button on the keypad and the trunk opened. When Tavi saw the trunk she started freaking out because she knew she would have a panic attack if she got in the trunk. Tavi slightly turned her head to see that the person was wearing all black and had a mask on. He picked her up and put her into the trunk and all the while she was kicking her arms and trying to make enough noise so that someone could hear her and help.

            The whole time the person didn’t say one word and when they finally got Tavi into the trunk they took one last look at her and then closed it.

            Tavi instantly started to bang on the roof of the trunk hoping that someone would hear her before they pulled off. “Help me!” She pleaded.

            But she heard the car start and it started to move. She cried in the dark praying and hoping that the person would pulled over so that should would be able to get help. She knew that this was the worse day of her life and she just hope that it won’t be her last day here on earth.

Aniya in the MM! & i know some of yall want Chris's POV, i've been working on it, so hopefully i'll fit it in the next chapter.

VOTE&COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 9 25
Addison fucks up a lot, she is only 17 but she gets herself in all sorts of trouble. That is until her dad couldn't handle her anymore and sent her a...
202K 8K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
252K 7.1K 24
Every good girl falls for the bad boy. That's like some unwritten rule that always seems to be respected. But what if he isn't a bad boy, just looks...
5.6M 168K 41
Tavi Torres is a 16 year old girl living a care free life. She's known for her fiery attitude and beautiful face. When her crush Shayne Livingston on...