STRANGERS | tdmomo

By mkokoroni

♡ | ❝ IT WAS WEIRD BEING ALONE, HONESTLY. ❞ - on an unlikely day, momo yaoyorozu finds herself in a genuine f... More

| 1 |
| 2 |
☆ wonder ☆
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
a/n : hi
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 10.1 |
| 10.2 |
| 10.3 |
| 10.4 |
| 10.5 |
| TAGGED |
| 11 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| FINALE |
| THANK YOU ! |
+ FUN FACTS ! ☆
+ NOTES ! ☆
+ FANART ! ♡

| 12 |

2.5K 103 92
By mkokoroni

[ REPUBLISHED ]

i rewrote the momo + her father call. i hope i improved my angst lol. - koko

▪▪▪

"Let's see .. Ah! A teddy bear!"

Momo exclaims, pulling out a little chocolate brown stuffed bear with a red bow tie on. Her eyes shimmer as she scans the toy in her hands, sitting still on the side of her bed.

She soon realizes there was a note attached to the red bowtie. She lifts her two fingers of her right hand to reveal the note.

'Happy Birthday to the Big Sis of Class 1-A!! We All Love You!! - mina ♡

p.s i heard class 1-b gave u extra cake. give me some please !!'

Momo smiles. "Ashido being Ashido I see." She said with a giggle. She then places the stuffed toy beside the rest of her gifts.

The pink bear sat beside a little treasure chest filled with necklaces, a snow globe, a mini encyclopedia, a pink music box, a black shirt with the words 'QUEEN' on them in white, a poster of the same constellation on the cover of Momo's binder, a stuffed pony, a set of headbands, a whole puzzle, a framed stolen photo of her reading with a smile on and finally, a set of ballpens with different colors on the pile of pillows on the very edge of her bed.

She smiled at the sight of her blessings resting on her bed. "Ahh, what a great birthday." She mumbled to herself, smiling lightly at the sight.

Momo has been spending twenty-five minutes unwrapping plenty of her gifts. So far she received twelve gifts in total.

She then turned to look at corner of her bed, only to find seven more gifts to unwrap. "Seven more to go." She smiled to herself.

She reached to the corner of the bed on her side and grabbed a little bag with a paper attached to it. Suddenly, a little envelope appeared below it. She pulled the bag away slowly before stopping to examine it.

It was clearly scented from the sparkling appearance and together with the small red stamp to close it, the envelope looked more of a wedding invitation. She tilts her head slightly, her eyes staring intently at the pastel pink color of the letter. And suddenly, something clicked inside her head, like a lightbulb from realization.

'Mother?!'

She quickly placed the bag down before shoving herself across the side of her bed to get the letter from her mother. She quickly lands her hands down the paper before opening it. Her eyes began to glisten with excitement.

She turned her head slowly to her veranda's enterance door, which was blocked by her bed's frame. After living in the dormitories for months, she found a way to enter her veranda without the bed's frame being a hassle to enter.

She climbed up her bed then crawled on her knees to get near the bed frame. She slides the veranda's door open then quickly jumped over the bed frame to enter the terrace.

As her lungs were slowly being filled by the cold air of the night, she knew she successfully exited her room. With a relieved sigh, she took one glance of the envelope in her hand then her room, her eyes locked on the gifts.

Eventually, she slid the door close and leaned against the railings. Her eyes reflected the clear night sky as the air flows into her nostrils then travels into her lungs.

The shivering feeling in her insides sent a somewhat pleasurable feeling in her. She smiled to herself before taking a breath.

After about three deep breathes, she pulled out the letter.

'Dearest Momo,

Happy Birthday! It's been quite a while and yes, I shall not stop sending letters, I have taken no interest in using phones at all til this day (Well, only for bussiness purposes). Anyway, how did your day go? Must be quite splendid after hearing a lot about your quirky friends. I suppose they have given you something that fits your taste, like a ticket to go abroad or perhaps another pool party! If you got something well, low-class, then I guess that's that (Despite my disgust for them, I'll let you off the hook for now).

As for me, I prepared a few gifts for you. Only a few though. Such as this letter and a new watch. It's very pretty and actually more expensive than my watch, which is quite unbelivable with all honesty. It's being delivered, since well, it must be protected at all costs honestly, hehe. Now, back to the topic about you, I read your diaires in honor of you and that certainly made my day. You were quite naughty, novel thief of mine. Nonetheless, you learned from it and since it's your birthday, you matured even more from your childish acts! (You already did actually).

Congratulations for living this long, good thing you weren't murdered (Hehe). May you live longer years and continue to make your mother proud ! From being such a quiet and sort of spoiled child, you grew to be a class president plus a great leader (And a girl with curls in commercials!). I know you'll reach your dream of being a hero because, well, you're Momo Yaoyorozu! You can achieve anything. Happy Birthday once again!

Sincerely,
Your Mother xoxo '

Momo's face lit up. Her lips wobbled into a very, very bubbly smile which looked quite awkward yet cute. She folded the paper back into its previous place (the envelope) before hugging it against her chest.

It's been weeks since her mother wrote to her. Despite all the activities keeping he young lady busy, she couldn't help but think a lot of her mother.

Well, yeah, Mrs. Yaoyorozu could be quite spoiled sometimes and even cocky, to the point her endless rules glued to Momo til now. Nonetheless, she's still a kind woman by heart. She's often gentle now and less strict, which is a rather extraordinary change to Momo since she was raised with her mother's wild and furious side.

She smiled as the scent fill her nostrils from the envelope. She can clearly remember her mother's addiction to scented envelopes, which is another story to be told.

She sighed before leaning back at the railings, her arms hanging out as she admired the sky in silence. "Mother sure is a sweet heart.." She spoke to herself, little lines from the letter slowly lurking into her mind.

Suddenly, her phone rang.

▪▪▪

"Phew! That's all of that!" Kirishima exclaimed happily, wiping the sweat off his open forehead. The class clapped and cheered. "We're finally done!" Kaminari cheered before flopping over to the couch.

Mina ends up joining in. "Yeyyy.." She cheered back, clearly with no sense of energy at all as she fell into the couch's cusions.

"Weee.." Sero softly exclaimed as he ran to hug the couch. Not really though. He just faceplanted himself into the couch.

Jirou rolled her eyes playfully at the sight of the sluggish trio. She then looked toward the exhausted class leaning against anything they see. "Okay everyone, we can leave now. It's time to get back to our rooms for bedtime." She announced as she let out a yawn in the midst of her sentence.

Deku sighed in relief as everyone climbed up the stairs sluggishly with a few giggles crawling out of there mouths. "I'm glad the plan went well." He mumbled to himself before joining the class, yawning as he switched the whole living room's lights off.

As everyone faded away from the staircase and the sound of doors shutting roar in the halls, Todoroki was now left alone, unknown. He was actually ignored from everyone's sleepy state. They were too tired to even notice him by the couches too.

He stood up and looked around. It's amazing the class cleaned the whole dorm in an hour. Now, examining the whole place was not the reason he was still here alone in his school uniform.

After his eyes trace around the whole place, his eyes land on the cellophane on the couch. "There you are." He mumbled before taking it away.

Dipping his little head in, he inspected the bouquet of daffodils he purchased from last time. The scent was still alive together with the flower luckily.

With a sigh, his hands fall back beside his sides. What now? He can't just barge in Momo's room to give her his gift, that's too random and strange. How about giving it to her tomorrow? Oh wait, the scent may not be as fresh as it is now.

As thoughts slowly dip through his mind he sighed heavily. The boy decided to walk out the dormitories. "I wonder if they're still awake." He said to himself, reaching his hand out to the door.

Suddenly, he hears mumbling.

"Yes, okay .."

'What the..' Todoroki quickly shifts his head to different directions. Where is this noise coming from?

"Mm. I will.."

Todoroki snaps his head to the left. 'It's coming from there.'

He began to speed walk his way to the corner, prepared to defend himself from whatever situation he'll perhaps encounter until,

he finds himself at the side of the building, his eyes locked on Yaoyorozu in her veranda, her phone glued to her ear.

He quickly hid behind the previous wall (the side of the building he previously was in). He sighed in relief before glancing back at Momo out of the corner.

---

Momo's eyes widen before pulling her phone out of her pocket. She placed the envelope below the railing (there's a platform below it) in order to take out her phone.

She successfully pulled it out and saw the contact name.

'father'

An uneasy feeling dipped in her stomach once she read that one word. It's been months, or perhaps even years since her father contacted her. He was very well known musician around the world, specifically a pianist. But since he was so popular, he's often far from home for tours, performances and interviews.

Due to that, he was always distant from his family. He couldn't seem to comprehend how to spend his time equally with his career plus his family.

She gulped before she hesitantly swiped the green button, indicating she accepted the call.

With her trembling arm, she raised the device close to her ear.

"H-Hello?" She spoke, stuttering expectedly.

A silence occupied the phone, leaving Momo wondering if it was just a prank or she perhaps swiped the red button instead.

Her trembling state worsen due to this, but it would've been worse if she actually heard her father's voice for real.

"Yes, hi. I'm contacting to know when's my performance? The venue is still occupied and that event was suppose to end fifteen minutes ago."

A man with a low and quite cold voice rang through the maiden's ear. A sense of nostaligia courses through her veins at that moment. Her body became numb. Listening to that one distant voice that used to laugh a lot made her lose herself in it, causing her trembling state to pause for a moment.

Slowly, it returned.

"Uhm, h-hi! I'm not who your calling and I-"

"Oh, I must have contacted the wrong number. I apologize. I shall be goin-"

"W-Wait!" Momo cuts him off. A sense of regret hits her.

The man in the other side was silent. Yeah, the regret that hit her was pretty reasonable.

Momo gulped. "Uhm, father, this is Mom-Momo! It's been a while, huh?" She spoke, her mouth forming into a wobbled smile as she stuttered.

The silence continued on.

"Oh. It's you. Hello dearest." His cold voice remained there as he spoke. It was clear he was not interested to talk to her despite the months of distance.

"What made you want to talk to me more? You clearly wanted me to stay once you cut me off from my farewell just a while ago." (He's talking about him leaving the phone but Momo cuts him off).

Momo gulped once again. "I-I just wanted to .. talk." She responded, clearly hesitant. Her eyes trace to the envelope by the railing. This made her feel more nervous. It was very much clear she's much closer to her mother than her father since she wasn't always busy despite her role as the head of a very popular perfume company.

"Hm? It's clearly midnight in Japan right now. Why would you bother want to talk in this hour? You should rest. This is immature." He spoke, still uninterested.

"Yes, okay .." She spoke softly.

"And can't you at least keep track of the time? You have a device to tell you the time and you don't use it? You have your phone and clock too. Use them. Always keep track of the time and get enough rest."

Despite his saying being quite unnecessary, Momo flowed with everything gently. "Mm. I will .."

Suddenly, she could hear footsteps. But given the situation now, she ignored them.

She layed her hand by the railing, gripping it.

"S-So, how have you been father?" Momo questioned hesitantly. The quick change of topic plus mood developed an awkward atmosphere.

She could clearly tell her father raised an eyebrow at her statement, probably suspicious too. "I'm still alive, it's a good thing. How's your life as a(n) U.A student?" He asked, still sounding as if he doesn't care (He doesn't care).

Momo's face sluggishly lit up. "G-Great! I got a provisional license so I can now be involved in public villain scenarios just like an actual Pro H-Hero!" She exclaimed, her grip on the railing growing tighter.

"Hm. How interesting. Anything else?"

"Well uhm .." Momo's voice slowly became unaudible as she stated that. The whole call was stressful for her. She didn't know how to speak to a very distant father, physically and emotionally.

"I-I .. We had our Cultural Festival! I performed on the piano and it was overall just a really entertaining event!" Momo responded, still unsure if her tone was even matching the mood. Being bubbly right now won't change anything, that's for sure.

"Splendid." Her father replied, still bored. Momo trembled more.

"Y-Yes, it truly was ..." The said young girl said her eyes tracing back to the letter slowly. Her grip on the railing tightened, and her awkward smile faded into a frown.

Her free hand reached out to the letter which was on the railings.

(a/n: i know this railing thing is getting confusing since railings can't really hold on to things due to his circular or round shape. Well, the railings in the verandas are being held by this wall. So below the railings is a gap of the surface of the wall and the railings itself, leaving a space for Momo to place the letter. it's confusing, i know, but i discovered this after researching more about the dorms. i cant post pics for refrences tho. )

Her hand which was previously holding on to the railing slowly reached out to the letter, her body backing off from the railing. Trembling, she picked it and brought it closer to her. The scent of flowers flew to her nostrils once again, leaving her at ease. The whole call so far has given Momo a bad state. Her heart is pounding faster than it usually does, her stomach is filled with a pool of uneassiness, and her brain can't seem to function a good reply to any of her father's statements.

But now, smelling that one scent of a certain flower, perhaps daffodils, certainly calmed her.

"Hello? Are you still there?"

After that cold voice spoke, her calm state faded instantly.

"A-Ah, yes, I'm still here." Momo replied, her body bouncing once in the process. She straigtened her posture as her body slowly leans back on the railing, her free hand hanging out of the railing with the letter.

"Do you still have more to say? I have to head out." Her father stated, still sounding bored and uninterested as ever.

Momo's eyes scanned the crispy grass below. Her eyes slowly looked like they were about to close, but another thing clear is the emotion in them was worry. His bored replies were starting to ruin her, specifically in a manner that makes her furious and devastated at the same time.

After another unaudible gulp, she spoke, "I do."

She never wanted to do this. Never.

But she did anyway.

The man in the other side of the phone lets out a "Hm?" before silence lurked back in.

Momo took a gentle inhale and exhaled. "Do you know what day it is today?" She asked, leaning her head to the side of the phone more, her eyes rising to the stars.

"September 24 in Japan. It's midnight right now there, so it's technically the next day." He said, "But, most likely in your perspective, it's September 23. Why are you asking? Don't you have a phon-"

"Correct." Momo said softly. "But .."

"You're still wrong." She continued.

"What?" Mr. Yaoyorozu was clearly astonished by her daughter's statement. He was confused, perplexed, and somehow scared. Her voice was somehow sad, weak and as if she was lonely, leaving the man quite frightened and worried.

"Father, today's my birthday." Momo chuckled a fake chuckle. "I-I.." The said girl couldn't come up with anything else to say. She choked ans stumbled on every word she tried to say.

It's been confirmed, they're distance was so wide, the father's memories and info of his child completely faded. Including the day she entered the world. This clearly .. frightened her.

Is this how far they are from each other? Are they that distant? How long can he remember his own daughter's birthday? Decades? Years? Months? Weeks? Days? Seconds? Does he even remember what her daughter looks like? Does he remember his own wife?

With all those question running through her mind, slowly, tears began to form.

"Oh, happy birthday, sweetheart .." The man stated, uncomfortably. "How old are you now?"

The maiden pushed both her lips together. "Do you even know my age?"

"Huh? N-No, sadly. It's been a while so-"

"Yes, it h-has been but-"

A sniff. Her attempt to hide her crying state failed.

"Oh dear, Momo, are you crying-"

"Father, have you truly forgotten m-me?" Momo stated with a sniff as tears ran down her soft cheeks.

"Not at all, dearest." Her father replied with a calm yet fake tone.

Momo continued to sniffle and grip the railing harshly. She was not mad, she was .. well, sad. She was actually more than sad, devastated. She trusted this man to come back home, she actually developed a bond with him involving trust. That's devastating.

"Why are you crying, Momo?" Her father questioned, hesitant and worried.

Momo attempts to wipe her tears away, but it was no use. The tears kept forming and flowing and forming and flowing.

Her head lowered to the ground, "It's j-just .." She cuts herself off to weep for a while.

"You just seem so far away. S-So far yet .."

"I feel left behind."

"What happened to mother? Why did she sleep so late? Why was she crying when she received a phone call at midnight? Why weren't you there at your cozy bed with mum? Where d-did you go? Don't you leave letters for us to read to know you're gone or not? Then, why? Why was there no note? Why was mother crying? What did y-you do? Is there a reason I only had a mother in my early daily life? Is there a reason I couldn't hear the same soft, piano lullabies anymore by the hall?"

"Why do people out there have beloved dads? Why can't I have one? Why is the man who was originally playing that role in m-my life gone? Why!? Why is he gone?"

"Why was I made fun of back at Elementary for not having a father? W-Why? Why did they chuckle when I stated you were gone for the month? Why did they laugh when I said you were gone for a year? Why did they say I'm not special? Why did they say I was left behind?! Why? Was I supposed to be loved by a man like you to be loved by society? Must I be loved by a father to be accepted? What do I need to get a father? What?"

"What did I lack back then to make a happy Yaoyorozu Family? What did I need? What did I do?"

"Was I truly left behind? Was I the true reason of my mother's tears? My mother's fears? My mother's sleepless nights? Your disappearance? Mother's silence for months back then? Why is she smiling once again? What made her happy? I'll get it for her, I'll make her happy, I'll make her smile again, and again. What makes you happy? The applause of strangers? The silent screams of your family? The water pouring out of your wife's gorgeous dark eyes? The confusing and devastating state of your young daughter back then? What m-m-makes you smile? What makes you laugh? Why did you make her sad?"

"Why .." Her throat hitched after all that yelling.

"Why did I hear yelling at the same day I was bullied at your bedroom? Why did I hear I was the reason the family's business was goin-going down? Why did I hear you yell something a-about my existance being irrelevant to the family tree?"

"Am I the reason eveyone is falling apart including myself?"

< < < < < < < < < 🕟

"Father! Where are you going? For a concert? Ahh! Amazing! Please bring back some food .. I want to taste American Dishes! Pleaseee? Yey!"

"Father, you're heading out again? Aww, but my birthday is approaching .. Alright, you promise you really will come back? You will? Yey! Please do not tell mother though, hehe .."

"Good Morning Father- Huh? You're going back to England? B-But .. I'm sorry. See you next month, father."

"Where's father, mother? Isn't it your wedding anniversary today?"

"It's been 3 months, where is he?"

"Father, don't go! Grandmother's burial is tomorrow, you can't leave! Not now! Not like this! Do-Don't leave her like that! Father! Father!"

"Hey, Momo. What's your family like?"

"Family?"

> 🕗 <

She then paused to weep, her head still lowered.

"F-Father .. Despite how much I hate you for all this .. I can't deny that I still love
you .."

She paused once again to cry softly.

"Momo, I'm -"

She then ends the call.

a/n :

still working on my angst,, sorry for that cringe lol

happy holidays btw;) im posting the next chapter tomorrow after sum polishing and editing ;)

- twat//koko

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
157K 6.7K 40
momo wouldn't call herself a shut-in, but she certainly won't be accused of being the life of the party. in fact, she's more of a keep-to-herself kin...
71.8K 2.1K 17
Shouto Todoroki, a perfect student. The one where no one talks to yet massively adored by others. Him wanting to focus on school was the only thing h...
1.1M 37.6K 112
[currently under major editing, please read at risk of changes.] "I heard there's a new transfer student!" -x- -x- -x- Shiro Kurayami is a new admit...