Forgotten Bliss [BoyxBoy]

Bởi SuckedInByBooks

[COMPLETED] SEQUEL TO WHERE MY HEART IS... Heartbroken nearly seven years ago, Kevin Turner makes it his duty... Xem Thêm

Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 1
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 2
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 3
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 4
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 5
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 6
Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 8
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 9
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 10
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 11
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 12
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 13
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 14
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 15
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 16
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 17
Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 18
Forgotten Bliss ~ Epilogue

Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 7

5.3K 216 68
Bởi SuckedInByBooks

Sooooooo 2 chapters in one day! AHA! this is to make up for the lack of chapters peoples. My fam's visiting sooooo I don't have a lot of time to write.
This chapter is one I am proud of. I wrote the first half back in June and I finished the other half earlier tonight. 
The pic is -finally- of our gorgeous Tom Jacobs!
The video link is 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adele

ENJOOOOOOOY
Comment, Like, Vote, Promote, etc. Do what you gotta do. :D

CHAPTER SEVEN

"You can sit wight he other people if you don't want to stand up there with him." Ashley said. "Kevin, I swear I never knew that Chad was planning on asking him to be the best man."

"Ash, it's okay." I said with a grim smile. "Please don't make any changes to suit my needs. I'll be your man of honour and Tom will be Chad;s best man and we'll all stand up there like the mature adults we are."

She nodded after a few seconds of staring at me to see if I was fibbing. I moved past her to sit as the dining table.

"I guess he's the cousin with the six year old then." I agreed silently. "You don't think he-" 

"He said he didn't." I said cutting her off.

"And do you believe him?"

"I don't know what to believe, Ash. Either he cheated on me or he didn't. That is not my problem now. We're not together and I have no right to be pointing any fingers." I stated.

"Kevin, if he slept with some skunk while he was with you and fathered some brat then how can you just sit here and not get angry?" Ashley said coming to stand next to me.

"Don't call Ashton a brat. He's the sweetest kid ever." I said defending the boy. "He can't help who his father is. And apart from the nanny at the hospital incident, he seems to be a good dad too. Tom was confused and I took that for granted. He wasn't ready. I'll come to your wedding but that's it. I'm leaving immediately after that."

"Kevin."

"No, Ash. I tried for seven years to forget him. I just want to move on." I persisted.

"Fine, I'm sorry that you had to be dragged through all that mess with Tom again." She sighed. "I honestly thought you were going to last."

"Well, we didn't and there's no going back now." I stood up from the table. "I need to go meet up with Chad for my suit. We'll talk later. Lock up when you leave."

I grabbed my other set of keys and let the door slam closed behind me. I could act like a normal person for a few weeks. My best friend was getting married and my ex-boyfriend happened to be the best man. No worries, I could do this. This wasn't a problem, Thomas Jacobs wasn't a problem.

I got to the Tailor's before Chad. I thought he'd be here before me given the fact that he was after all the groom. Grooms were supposed to be early. I heard a car stop outside and I looked out the window. Chad got out of the car followed by none other than Tom himself. I took a deep breath and steeled myself for the meeting.

"Kevin, sorry we're late. I had to drag this one out of bed." He pointed a thumb at Tom. 

I shook my head in dismissal to show that it wasn't a big deal. I avoided gazing at Tom. He still had a hold on me and I wasn't sure that I wanted to fall under his spell right now. It was room as him. I feared that I would come crashing down and run into his arms.

"Hey Kevin." Tom said. I finally looked at him and nodded in greeting. "How've you been?" I gave him a thumbs up.

"Dude, leave the guy alone." Chad said. "How about we get our measurements and call is a day, okay? I don't think either of us are ready for this yet."

Tom and I agreed and we moved to the desk in the corner of the store and waited while Chad sorted things out.

It was weird, if weird was a word I could use. Tom and I ended up sitting alone on the few available seats waiting for Chad to get done. He looked like he wanted to say something but I never gave him the chance to get it out. I couldn't do it. It still hurt too much.

I ran out of the place as soon as the tailor told me I could go. It was starting to pass the level of awkward. They did Tom and I together because the tailor's son chose that moment to come in and help.

Seeing Tom's reflection in the mirror was too much. The expanse of exposed skin left me sweating like a whore in church. I licked my lips and caught Tom eyeing me as I did so. I turned away quickly and willed the time to go quicker.

Ashley was gone by the time I got back to the apartment. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised that I could proceed to have my panic attack in peace.

"And then I freaked out." I said allowing my head to drop into my hands.

"In front of him?" Amelia asked.

"Of course not! After I got home, safe in the confines of my apartment." I shook my head. "Tom would love that. Then he'd know that there's a way to get into my head."

"You seem pretty set on keeping him at a distance." She said raising an eyebrow.

"I have to. Dangerous things happen when we get together." I actually smiled at that. "Fun, but dangerous."

"I think you should give it another shot." Amelia licked some pudding off her spoon.

"What? No! I think not. He had his fair amount of chances and he's ruined them all." I argued.

"But you guys belong together. It's fate and all that superstitious nonsense." I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're a little but insane." I said.

"What are you going to do about the kid?"

"Not my problem." I shrugged.

"Kevin, you're clearly still hung up about this guy and you love the kid, I don't see what the bloody problem is." She threw the pudding cup away.

"He left me without a reason! That's bloody problem enough."

"He's been trying to explain. You're the one with the stick so far up your butt that you refuse to listen to him." I shook my head in denial. "Give him a chance, Kevin. Sure, he fucked up but he's trying to redeem himself."

I bit my lip and watched as she left the room. She had a point but that don't mean I had to listen to her 'advice'. I took a deep breath and exhaled. Why did life have to so damn difficult to comprehend?

Doctor Turner, a man came in claiming to be Jane Doe's husband." I stood up and rushed out after the nurse.

"Where is she? Tell me! I want to see my wife goddammit." A nearly-bald man was yelling.

I went up to him, attempting to calm him down. "Sir, please, you have to calm down. You'll disturb the other patients."

"Don't you fucking tell me what to do you good for-" My eyes widened when I saw who was stood in front of me. "Kevin Turner."

"Mr. Jacobs." I sighed.

"No wonder my wife hasn't been identified yet. It's because you're working on her." He sneered. "What have you done with her?"

"She's fine. She's in recovery." A nurse handle Mrs. Jacobs' chart to me. "She had a broken spine, both legs and arms broken and a few dislocations."

"A broken spine?"

"Yes, we're waiting for her to wake up so that we can see if she'll be able to walk again, but I have no doubts." I handed the chart back with a note to change Jane Doe's name.

"She's been here for a month! Why hasn't she woken up yet? I swear boy, if you've killed my wife, I will sue you and this hospital." Mr. Jacobs stepped closer to me. "I will murder you."

"That's enough, dad." I hadn't noticed Tom coming up behind his father.

"Thomas, why didn't you tell  me he worked here?" His dad asked turning around.

"I didn't know up until a few weeks ago."

"Mr. Jacobs, if you have a problem with me being your wife's doctor, I could get you another one." I said.

"No." Tom said. "You're fine. I trust you, Kevin."

"I don't." MY eyes flickered to Mr. Jacobs. He looked at me with hatred in his eyes.

I didn't know what his problem was. I thought Mr. Jacobs was okay with me, with Tom. I mean, Tom told me about the money his dad gave when he moved out. I thought that was his dad'd acceptance.

"What's your problem?" I asked. "What the hell have I ever done to you?"

"Kevin." Tom stepped forward.

"What?" I looked at him.

"You did this." Mr. Jacobs pointed at me. "She was fine, healthy. You might as well have killed her."

I stared at the man with wide eyes. What I wanted to know what; what the hell did I do?

"Would anyone mind telling me what the fuck is going on?" I asked as soon as we got to Kaitlyn's office- which she gladly let us use as to not cause a scene in the hospital.

"One second." Tom said and proceeded to go back to his argument with his dad.

My mouth dropped at that. 'One second'. I was not some rag doll that he could bark orders at.

"No! You tell me this second Thomas Jacobs, what did I do? What is my fault? Tell me now or so help me I will get it out of you." I stomped my foot to the ground.

"Shut up for a second, dad." Tom said. "It's not your fault, please, I want you to know that."

"I need to know what 'it' is." I folded my arms across my chest.

"Seven years ago, things weren't going too well for me." He started.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. He was telling me. "Okay, continue."

"There was a reason I broke up with you, Kevin. I've been trying to explain. I wanted to do it back then but you wouldn't answer my calls, you were never home when I showed up."

"I moved out." I butt in.

"I realised that, yes." He nodded. "Anyway, my mom contacted me because she found out about that time when that girl kissed me at the bar. She thought I changed my mind about you and welcomed me back into the house. I tried to tell her that we were still together but she was stuck in her world of delusion."

I was beginning to understand. I didn't want to interrupt him. I was giving him that chance he asked for. I wasn't ignorant of his dad's glares either, even though my eyes never left Tom.

"My dad helped me keep the secret. I was just so happy to be accepted by her. To have her smile at me and not look at me as if I were a disappointment."

My heart brooke as I listened to him. I didn't want to hear anymore but I forced myself to stay put. We got this far, might as well continue.

"I can't even remember what I was doing anymore. I think there was a picture of you on my nightstand or she heard me on the phone saying that I love you but that was it. She shocked and had on immediate heart attack." I gasped at his announcement. "She was unconscious for a week and I thought she was going to die. She woke up the day after I left."

"Crap, Tom. I'm sorry."

"See? That's why it's all your fault." Mr. Jacobs said.

"For fuck's sake, dad!" Tom spun around. "Kevin, had nothing to do with mom losing her mind. I would even go as far as to say that this is all her fault. I was fine as I was, I was happy. She guilted me into ending the best thing I had. I'm not sorry for Ashton, I love my son more than anything but I loved Kevin too. He was my world. So don't you dare of blaming that woman's mixed up views on him."

I stared at Tom is disbelief . I was a dick to him for the past two months and here he was standing up for me.

Mr. Jacobs flared his nostrils and stormed out of the office. I winced as the door slammed shut behind him.

"Kevin, I'm really sorry. About everything."

I shook my head. "No, I misunderstand. I'm the one who be apologising. If I knew, I never would have hated you that much. You sacrificed your happiness for you mother. If that isn't the Tommy Jacob I fell in love with, then I don't know what is."

"You called me Tommy." He smiled.

"It's seems I did." I smirked at him.

In a flash he surged forward and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pushed me back against the desk. I moaned into the kiss. God, did I miss this.

"Kevin Turner, my office is not a place for you to get your rocks off." I heard Kaitlyn's voice from the door.

I broke away from Tommy with wide eyes, my face flushed. I glanced up at him and bit my lips before quickly leaving the office.

***

A/N: Soooooo? What did you guys think? Like it? yes? yes? IKR?!
ICE CREAM FOR AAAAAAAALLL
Thanks for the reads guys. I see it's increasing. Slowly but surely.

Much Love,
Carrie ♥♥

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

113K 2.3K 14
Christmas Eve... An Accident and all the lies Mai Ding has gone through.... the love they have for each other..... will it be forgotten forever or no...
26.4K 1.5K 18
Book 2 in the Finders Keepers series. COMPLETED. How will Detective Scott Hoying and Mitch Grassi find comfort in their new home when the killer is s...
57.4K 1.9K 28
Can Kyle forget the past and learn to love Stan? CONTINUATION TO LET ME LOVE YOU STANXKYLE