[A Tower of God Fanfiction] [...

By xXAurea_AnimusXx

Bam, Khun and the rest of their group have to complete an entire test with a clone of themselves. Two out of... More

Why him?
That Sweet Arouma
Just Us Two
Strawberry Ears
A Pleasant Conference
Through The Roof
Sickly Tempting
Quick Break!
Passing Phase
Food Fight!!
Pairing Up
This Fateful Day
Break Through
Tranquility
Our Day
Damn Orange Headed Bastard!
Never Ending Conflict
Onlookers...
This Author Has Gone Hiatus!
The Depths
Just One Question
Invitation
A Small Mistake Worth Remembering
Preparations
A Pleasant Surprise
Just Another Thought
•Q & A•
In Arms

Can't Hide

399 26 6
By xXAurea_AnimusXx

Bam's P.O.V.

I jump off the wall, colliding with the beast that stood in front of me. This cave shook and crumbled with every hit I threw. I was almost sure that it would collapse. It lets out a violent cry as it waved its claw into the air. My injuries weren't that severe, but I had to admit, it was really bothersome. A low grunt escaped my throat as my body was thrown back into the stone wall.

Summoning at least 5 Bangs, I focus my Shinsu on every individual. My foot kicks up, boosting me from the ground and landing me on the armor of this animal. I bite back my bottom lip and allow the thorn to make an appearance. As an attempt to throw me off, it forcefully rams itself into the walls. My grip was steady as it held onto the crevices of the shell. Finally, after charging the Bangs, I blast through the shell and break through its rough skin.

I didn't intentionally want to kill it so I let it lay unconscious. My throat starts to feel itchy until the tinge of saltiness filled my mouth. I swallow back the blood and pick up the abandoned cloak I took off in the beginning and wrap it around me to cover the burning scratches that had yet to heal.

After about ten minutes of walking and turning, I come across a strange crystal wall. It pulses a greenish yellow and glimmers with excitement. The energy around it felt strange but it didn't seem to be harmful in anyway. The attraction I felt towards this wall of gem, it was abnormal. I need to know what this is. Stretching out my arm, I place the palm of my hand on it and waiting for a few seconds.

The cave illuminates with a blue shimmer and I held my stare for so long. Small little orbs hung on each spike of the cave, creating a fascinating visual. Their glow was dim but since there was so much, it was very profound. Are these what these so-called “stars” are supposed to look like? I reluctantly peel my eyes away and rest on a nearby rock which seemed to be polished by the erosion. I never really had the time appreciate the surroundings here. The sound of trickling water drops down bit by bit. The crystal's faint humming nearby soothes the tensioned nerves throughout my limbs. This feeling made me want to stay here forever.

Suddenly, a burst of pain spreads throughout my stomach and stops momentarily until a throb in my head rings out. “Hiss.. What just happened?” I look around but there wasn't anyone in the area. “Maybe I should get back and meet up with the others.”

A small glimmer catches the corner of my eye. I spot a small pile of transparent crystals laying in the corner of the cave. Having the same attraction, I picked them up gently and place them in my pocket. They were only four round marbles but I'm sure a creature like that wouldn't protect something that was useless.

Silently, I tread back through the large cavern and pass the dormant beast. With my sleeve, I wipe the corner of my mouth to avoid the look of being in a fight. “Stand straight and don't look to suspicious,” I repeated to myself.

Once I had made it back, Khun sat on the ground grasping his stomach while Aguero rubbed his own head. “Are you two alright?” I asked.

They both look up at me and frowned.

“My fucking back burns like hell. Don't even get me started with this massive headache!”

Soon enough, Viole comes through with the other two, lightly brushing his fingers at his throat. He glances up at me and looks at the two Khuns, tilting his head. “Is Wangnan not here?”

I shake my head and scratch the back of my neck. Now that I think about it, my head does kind of hurt. Wangnan enters the main area after 30 minutes, looking quite rejuvenated. “Dude there was an amazing hot spring! If only you had come it'd be awesome!”

Goseng shakes her head silently and walks to the exit of the cave. Miseng tugs Viole along and Ehwa keeps a close eye on Wangnan. I wonder what Viole found.

Everyone makes their way back differently. Me, Khun, Aguero, and Viole make their way on ground, as the Sweet & Sour Team use the bird once again. I wince at the sting on my back for the second time during the trip. It would be bad if they figured it out. When I looked up, everyone else had flinched at something I must've missed.

“Ah damn! The burn again!” shouts Khun. “Aguero, are you sure you're not pulling a trick on us?”

“Now why the hell would I pull tricks on you if it bugs me too?”

Then they begin to argue for the time being. I sigh and step between them. “We can talk about this when we get back, okay?” The two of the turn their heads the opposite directions and pout, clearly upset. Viole began to speak to me until he lightly furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head. “Tch!” I place my hand on my forehead and lean forward a bit.

“I'm about to kill you, Aguero!”

“It wasn't me, dumbass!” yells Aguero who kicks him in the back.

Everyone trips over their own foot and groans in pain. I suck the air through my teeth and lift myself up. “It seems that were share the same pain,” I whisper. The three seem to catch on right away and pat all their injured parts. I hold back a cough and stand up, helping everyone else. “We should hurry back.”

Before I could turn to continue, Khun snatches the back of my coat and shoves me onto the ground, face first. “Khun?” He holds my shoulder down and grasps the bottom of my shirt, tugging it up. Narrowing his eyes, his expression appears to darkens a bit as he runs his finger across the marks. I hiss in pain and everyone more quietly does the same. “You told us you'd be okay and this is what happens? Why won't you ever listen to me?” I keep eye contact for as long as I could before turning away my gaze.

An angered sigh is let out as he gets up. I rested onto my elbows and knees, keeping my head low. “...Sorry.”

Viole helps me up and brushes off the twigs from my hair. He steps behind me and lifts the coat, observing the torn cloth. Just as I was about to thank him for the hospitality... SMACK!! I cough up a small mouthful of blood, causing my knees to buckle.

Coughing a bit himself he says, “Clogging up blood in your chest is the worst you can do. I apologize.”

I nod approvingly and lean over the dirt floor, still coughing up small amounts of blood as he gently pats my back. Aguero leans over and pets me softly, which was comforting enough for me to fall asleep.

When I opened my eyes, everything shook lightly. It took me awhile to notice that I was being carried on someone's back. “I'm sorry,.. Khun.”

“Stop apologizing. You've been saying the same thing even when unconscious.”

I pause with hesitation and the words that I spoke sounded relative to the sound of a squeek. “...ᵢ'ₘ ₛₒᵣᵣᵧ,”.

I had fallen asleep again when we finished our small talk. Once we made it back to our rooms, Khun had woken me up. “You need to heal yourself. Release your thorn,” he says. I blink at him and slowly nod.

He helps me sit up and I swiftly summoned the thorn that sparked every now and then. The effect was immediate. Though it hurt a bit, my internal and external injuries have been healed as if nothing happened. Khun had been staring at me for a bit, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. His expression showed a type a pain you wouldn't have if it were physical.

I place my hand on his head and patted lightly. Fortunately, he cooperates and rests his chin on the bed, tail slowly drifting. My fingers graze over the curvature of his pointy ears causing him to jerk his head away and close his eyes. “Are you still mad at me?” I asked.

“It's not that. It's just,” he begins then shakes his head. “Well, maybe a bit but that doesn't really matter! The time has reached 11:30 and I must be on my way. Besides that, you should rest up more too.”

As he turns up to leave, I grasp the sleeve of his shirt. “Where are you going?”

A wave of grief finds its way through my body leaving me in a cold shudder in a warm room. My chest throbs, forcing me to let go of his sleeve. Khun bites back his words and takes the chance to walk to the exit. He tells me to “sleep well” and shuts the door behind him. I hold my hand to my chest and narrow my eyes a bit. Whose emotions were those?

I look down at the blue book that sat on the counter and carefully picked it up. I mumble the title, swiping my fingers across the gold printed letters. “The words look so unique as always. I wonder if anyone could see through the truth of the cover.”

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

If you're reading this can anyone tell me why I can't find this story anywhere when I search up Tower of God fan fiction on Wattpad. I don't know where it went but it's obvious that you guys are still reading this, right? I don't know, I'm just confused out of my mind about how it went missing.

When I check the rankings and stuff it doesn't seem to be in any of them. Is it the update? When I'm in Wattpad on browser it still doesn't appear.

If anyone finds out, please tell me.

[12|14|18]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.8K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
17.4K 753 7
It's modern-day, centuries after Sebastian has taken Ciel's soul...and he meets someone...someone almost exactly the same. It can't be Ciel! Can it?
3.9M 72K 64
Daisy is an 18 year old little who enjoys the simple things in life. After a tragic accident her parents died. Her best friend Bria and her family to...
3.2K 85 11
You come back to Hogwarts as a teacher and you see an old teacher of yours but this time it's different. Your grown up single and he's the same but...