Him & I

By Nicolettes8

Highest Ranks: #1 in grumpy #180 in GoodGirl #37 in Wattys2018 Hope: Her mother died in a 'mugging' and h... More

Prologue:
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine: Part One
Chapter Ten: Part Two
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty-One:
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three: Part One
Twenty-Four: Part Two
Twenty-Five:
Epilogue: Prom

Chapter Seventeen

156 8 0
By Nicolettes8

My thoughts got the better of me as I lay on my bed. I should of stayed down stairs with Jason like he asked but I thought I was fine. I mean as fine as a person who just got punched could be. i do have a small bruise on my face and it hurts a little but that matter to me. I just thought that I was fine with everything.

boy was I wrong..

The second I had even the slightest second to think my mind went into overload: School, King, Jessica. But the only thing that kept pooping to the surface was King. I didn't understand him. One second he was being all cute with me and the next it was like I didn't exist. Jessica really came back into his life at a bad time. Things were really picking up between us. I mean between the movie nights and spending time with Samantha I thought things were shifting between us. I guess this whole time all these feelings I was having was one sided

But he kissed me. See that's the thing I didn't get, why would he kiss me if he wasn't even the slightest bit attracted to me. He was messing with my feelings and it was really messing with my head and my heart. On one side my head was trying to be realistic. He could of kissed me because it was in the moment. On the other side my heart was telling me that they're had to be some kind of explanation that was going to fix all this and King had even the slightest feelings for me. But if he did why did he kiss Jessica? My head seemed to be winning this mini war and I didn't know if that's what I wanted or not.

"Ugh." I groaned. I didn't understand crushes nor love. In the books I've read everything seemed so much more simple and easy. I wanted simple and easy especially seeing as this is the first ever relationship I've ever had out of a tv show or book I either watched or read. I never done anything like this before so I didn't understand what was supposed to happen next. He might not know but King was my first kiss so seeing him another girl not even two days after kissing me hurt me.

I wanted to get out of my own thoughts so I plugged up my phone to my speaker and played Demi Lavato's: Tell Me You Love Me album. You Don't Do It For Me Anymore instantly started playing. I swayed to the beat of the song listening to her words but not singing along.. She really had a beautiful voice. Next Tell Me You Love Me played and I couldn't help myself and sang along with her but not as well. My vocals were very off key but I didn't care as I belted the song with her.

When the song was about to come to a finish their was a knock on the door and seconds later Jason entered the room.

"I don't mean to ruin your private party princess but you have a guest down stairs." He said stepping into my room. I was confused as who it could be since not many people come over here.

"Who?" I asked looking at him confused. If it was Elizabeth or Eliza he would of said but he didn't so it couldn't be them. I walked out of the door of my room only to be stopped by the sound of Jason's voice.

"Oh, and princess we will be talking about boy coming over this house while nor Justin or I are here." He said in his big brother voice. I was still very confused and his comment made me even more confused. ignoring him and his weird comment I walked down the stairs trying to figure out what boy was at my house. it couldn't be any of the boys because they didn't know where I lived and I don't see any reason as to why King would be here.

When I walked down the final step of the stairs I got my answer and sure enough it was King. He was leaning against the wall back turned to me but I knew it was him. I guess he heard me coming down the stairs because he turned as I walked towards him.

"Hi." He said nervously which surprised me since knowing him all he's ever been was cold or calm and goofy. So seeing him like this right now was weird.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my arms crossed on my chest. I was upset with him and I wanted him to know that. Even though it was hard to stay mad at him when he looked like sad puppy and I was starring into his hazel eyes.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ago." He said not looking at me and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah i'm fine. No thanks your friend." I responded with bits of sarcasm on my tongue.

"Yea, i'm sorry about that Jessica is a bit of a hot head." He said with an embarrassed chuckle.

"I can see that."I said uncrossing my arms and pointing at the bruise on my face.

"Dose it hurt?" He asked taking a couple steps to me but he was still a distance away from me.

"A little but i'll be okay." I said with a shrug.

"I'm really sorry about that." He said. I could see the guilt in his eyes.

"You didn't do it did you?" I asked playfully.

"Oh god no I would never." He said with a deep chuckle.

"Then their shouldn't be any reason for you to be apologizing." I said taking a step towards him.

"Then why do I feel like you're mad at me?" He questioned.

"That's because I am." I said remembering the reason I was angry at him in the first place. He kissed another girl right in front of me.

"If your not mad at me because Jessica then I don't see why you are. I didn't do anything." He asked clearly confused.

"If you don't know then you don't.. I am not going to explain myself." I said turning my back on him. I didn't want to tell him that I was mad at him because he kissed another girl right in front of me. That made look jealous and even if I was he didn't need to know that.

"How am I supposed to apologize for something if I don't know what I did wrong."

"You know It takes a lot to piss me off so you should know what you did." I hissed turning to face him again. Him not understanding that kissing me and then kissing her hurt me pissed me off. How could he not understand that. How would I be okay any of that. 

"Why can't you just tell me what I did. I don't get what's so wrong with that." He growled loosing his cool demoner.  

"Don't. Don't you dare talk to me like that. This is not my fault." I growled right back at him. 

"What. What exactly is my fault? I don't get it." He said irritatingly playing with his hair. 

"Then  I don't know what to tell you. Why did you come here?" I asked not understanding why he stopped by if he was just going to argue with me. 

"I don't know I thought it was a good idea at the time!" He growled semi yelling at me.

"God you are so irritating!" I yelled back at him. I was getting angrier every time he spoke I just more missed off. 

"Yeah right i'm the irritating one." He said rolling his eyes at me.   

"Ugh." I couldn't speak I was angry I could feel my eyes watering. 

"I think it's about time you left." Jason said coming down the stairs and pushing me closer towards him. I closed my eyes and breathed in his sent calling myself down. King didn't deserve to see me cry right now. 

"Yeah. I think so too. I'll see you tomorrow love." He said taking a deep breath and watching me for a couple seconds and when he realized I wasn't going to look at him he walked out the house shutting the door behind him. 

"You okay princess?" Jason asked when he walked out the house. I stepped away from and not opening my eyes until I took a deep breath and relaxed. 

"Yes. I'll be okay." I said giving him a small smile. 

"Are you sure? Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"It's just.-" I started not really knowing how to explain this to someone who was like a brother too me. 

"Complicated." He said with a chuckle. 

"Yes very complicated." I said walking over to the couch and sitting on it. "It's just I thought we were getting closer because we kissed and than today he kissed this other girl right in front of me and he has the audacity to tell me he doesn't know what he did wrong. I was so hurt Jason I felt like my heart broke in to when he did that. I mean we weren't really much anything but you know I never kissed anyone and he was my first kiss and I thought I meant more than that too him." 

"I'm sorry princess. Boys like that don't understand what they have until it walks out the door." Jason said coming to sit next to me on the couch and hugging me tightly. 

"I hope that's not what it takes for him to realize." I said looking up at him. 

"Me either. Now do you want to tell me how he knows where you live?" He asked giving me a small side shove. 

"He came over a couple times." I said discreetly. 

"For what? Is he the same guy who you went to see when Justin and I came home that weekend." He asked. 

"Yes." I said only answering one of  his question.  

"Ah, I see." He said with a smirk on his face. 

"See what exactly?" I questioned. 

"Nothing." He said his smirk getting wider. 

"You can't just say that and not explain what you mean." I said giving him a hard shove. 

"Well, that's exactly what's going to happen." He said childishly sticking his tongue at me and getting off the couch and running up the stairs to my brothers room. 

"Jason!" I moaned to which he just laughed and closed the door a little loudly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 11.2K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
464K 9.1K 51
Nathan Kingston has been forgotten by the world. A dad that fucked off when he was young and a mother gone days at a time with work he feels alone. E...
47.5K 2.3K 58
As per request... A Hosie Story, loosely inspired by 'Purple Hearts.' Hope enlisted in the Marines in an attempt to right the wrongs of her life, wit...
30.4M 1.1M 64
|| Highest Rank - #3 in Teen Fiction || Amanda thought she had found the love of her life. She had everything perfectly planned out; the university...