Chapter Seventeen

My thoughts got the better of me as I lay on my bed. I should of stayed down stairs with Jason like he asked but I thought I was fine. I mean as fine as a person who just got punched could be. i do have a small bruise on my face and it hurts a little but that matter to me. I just thought that I was fine with everything.

boy was I wrong..

The second I had even the slightest second to think my mind went into overload: School, King, Jessica. But the only thing that kept pooping to the surface was King. I didn't understand him. One second he was being all cute with me and the next it was like I didn't exist. Jessica really came back into his life at a bad time. Things were really picking up between us. I mean between the movie nights and spending time with Samantha I thought things were shifting between us. I guess this whole time all these feelings I was having was one sided

But he kissed me. See that's the thing I didn't get, why would he kiss me if he wasn't even the slightest bit attracted to me. He was messing with my feelings and it was really messing with my head and my heart. On one side my head was trying to be realistic. He could of kissed me because it was in the moment. On the other side my heart was telling me that they're had to be some kind of explanation that was going to fix all this and King had even the slightest feelings for me. But if he did why did he kiss Jessica? My head seemed to be winning this mini war and I didn't know if that's what I wanted or not.

"Ugh." I groaned. I didn't understand crushes nor love. In the books I've read everything seemed so much more simple and easy. I wanted simple and easy especially seeing as this is the first ever relationship I've ever had out of a tv show or book I either watched or read. I never done anything like this before so I didn't understand what was supposed to happen next. He might not know but King was my first kiss so seeing him another girl not even two days after kissing me hurt me.

I wanted to get out of my own thoughts so I plugged up my phone to my speaker and played Demi Lavato's: Tell Me You Love Me album. You Don't Do It For Me Anymore instantly started playing. I swayed to the beat of the song listening to her words but not singing along.. She really had a beautiful voice. Next Tell Me You Love Me played and I couldn't help myself and sang along with her but not as well. My vocals were very off key but I didn't care as I belted the song with her.

When the song was about to come to a finish their was a knock on the door and seconds later Jason entered the room.

"I don't mean to ruin your private party princess but you have a guest down stairs." He said stepping into my room. I was confused as who it could be since not many people come over here.

"Who?" I asked looking at him confused. If it was Elizabeth or Eliza he would of said but he didn't so it couldn't be them. I walked out of the door of my room only to be stopped by the sound of Jason's voice.

"Oh, and princess we will be talking about boy coming over this house while nor Justin or I are here." He said in his big brother voice. I was still very confused and his comment made me even more confused. ignoring him and his weird comment I walked down the stairs trying to figure out what boy was at my house. it couldn't be any of the boys because they didn't know where I lived and I don't see any reason as to why King would be here.

When I walked down the final step of the stairs I got my answer and sure enough it was King. He was leaning against the wall back turned to me but I knew it was him. I guess he heard me coming down the stairs because he turned as I walked towards him.

"Hi." He said nervously which surprised me since knowing him all he's ever been was cold or calm and goofy. So seeing him like this right now was weird.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my arms crossed on my chest. I was upset with him and I wanted him to know that. Even though it was hard to stay mad at him when he looked like sad puppy and I was starring into his hazel eyes.