JayPac High: Yukiyukite

By Jayjet777

In an alternate universe where the 74th National Sensha-do tournament takes a very dark turn, where live ammo... More

Rescue Op
Getting Ready
Reunion
Live Ammo?!
A Cold and Snowy Day...
Battle of Pravda
Reflection Deflection
Battle Of Kuromorimine (Pt.1)
Battle of Kuromorimine (Pt.2)

Battle of Saunders

133 3 1
By Jayjet777

Staging area....

The morning of the battle, Jay was uneasy. He woke up at the crack of dawn and he couldn't go back to sleep. He decided to get up for the day and check on his tank, as well as the others. When he got up, he noticed that Pascal and Cody were also up, since their spots were empty. He got changed into his battle uniform, forest camouflage shirt, jacket and sweat shorts. Also took his Uzi with with, just in case.

He saw the two talking with each other, Pascal dressed in his battle uniform, that of a british officer. He was sporting the olive drab green, while cody was wearing the uniform common of modern leopard tankers. They turned to face Jay as he approached.

"So the bear rises from his slumber." Pascal said in a sort of philosophical way.

"Wouldn't that be you? You are the one in a soviet tank afterall." Jay said, slapping him on the back.

"Alright, you two. We might as well discuss our plan of engagement while we wait for the others to wake up." Cody said, hopping down from the Panther.

"Alright, hopefully right from thee start your team will separate from the group and find a nice ambush position. Pascal your group would charge right up the middle. With your armor you shouldn't have to worry about other tank penetrating. Then, 1-2 and I will make a wide flank around the enemy completely cutting them off from any reinforcements." Jay explained.

"What about our air support? I heard Saunders has quite the air force." Pascal said.

"I made sure our Uhu's have Mustang escort. Besides i doubt they'll use their air power against us." Jay said, confidently.

"Yeah, and what if they do?" Cody asked.

"Then our Uhu's and mustangs will be taking down some planes."

An Hour later...

By this time everyone on the team was up and ready. Pascal was telling some stories from home in the states to the girls sitting at his table, cody was more or less trying to just talk with someone. Meanwhile, Jay was explaining his plan to Miho.

"I like it,but it seems a bit aggressive don't you think?" Miho replied.

"Come on, Miho, Let's give it a shot. Our tanks are used to maneuvering in heavy forestry. And that's just because of birthplace and training." Jay said, trying to convince her.

"Well, I had a plan already set, but i think we can incorporate each others plans with each other." She said. "What's the name for this operation?"

"Operation Evergreen, why?" Jay asked. She looked at him, confused why he chose the name of a type of tree. She laughed it off and began eating her breakfast before the match. With all the boys and girls it looked like a school picnic. Jay took a bite out of his croissant roll and looked at all the food he had piled onto his plate. THe other girls sitting next to him watched in disbelief as he ate the whole plate of food.

"What, i'm a heavy eater." Jay said. The girls all turned away and pretended that whatever just happened didn't happen.

"Uh-oh, look at Jay." Cody whispered to Pascal. He turned to see Jay walk away from the table and sit on the ground near the tanks. That's when he got the bright idea to hop onto the M18 and spotting a radio balloon.

"Those cheeky cunts..." Jay ran back to the breakfast area. When he arrived,he saw most of the crews getting ready to mount their tanks. "Miho! They're listening!" she turned to Jay.

"What?"

"There's a wire tapped balloon! They can hear us!" Jay was wheezing and coughing when he caught up to her. "They're....Listening....whew...i'm tired..." Miho knew she had to change some of her plans, and she knew that Jay wouldn't want to, so she decided to keep it to herself.

"Thanks, proceed with the operation as planned Jay." She said, demandingly. Then out of nowhere Jay hugged her.

"Just in case I don't make it..." he said, before letting go and heading back towards his tank.

FIRST MATCH:

SAUNDERS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL VS. OOARAI/JAYPAC HIGH SCHOOL

"Panzer Vor!" The tanks all rumbled forward in a large formation.

"All JayPac tanks, this is 1-1, Operation Evergreen is a go, I repeat operation evergreen is a go!" Jay said. Jay and Peterson began their flanking maneuver and Cody led snipe off into the distance.

"Jay, er, 1-1, Rabbit team and Duck team will also tag along for a while." Miho said, after seeing the two follow Jay.

"Roger Anglerfish, we see them. 2-8, Leon, you make sure to lag behind those two."

"Roger 1-1. Following them now." The Pershing made a left turn and began to follow the two older tanks. By this time the M18 and the Chaffee that followed him broke into a wider area. The began to commence the encirclement. The M18 and M24 traveled in a spread formation, with the M18 at the front and the Chaffee at the back. The Chaffee being slightly slower than than the Hellcat meant that the hellcat had to travel at about the same speed, to not literally leave the light tank in the dust.

Saunders POV

Alisa was already on the enemy flank and continued steadily on a path they had charted. The column had found an opening in the forestry when Alisa's tank took a very light hit.

"What the hell?" She turned and saw the tank, a Type 89.

"Damn tin can, I'll crush you..." He gunner traversed the gun and lined up on the light tank.

"Hold on Betty, it's just a tankette, right?" She said asked, opening the turret hatch. She got the .50 cal on the tank ready to fire. "Hello!" She said cheerfully while waving. She then opened up with the .50 cal. After a good 3 second burst she looked up, expecting to see a destroyed Japanese tankette. The reality was very much different. Instead, her expression changed to complete horror as she realized that she had just opened fire on an M26 Pershing. She did get some hits on the Type 89, but didn't knock it out. She Jumped back into the tank and before she could give the next order the tank in front of her took a 90mm to the front, blowing off the turret.

"Kay! We've engaged the Enemy! They've got a fucking Pershing with them!" She said, panicking. "We've already lost one tank!"

"Alisa, lets bum-rush this prick!" One the other tank commanders suggested, before another explosion happened.

"OPEN FIRE FOR CHRIST SAKE!" She shouted to her gunner. The 75mm low-velocity guns couldn't penetrate the heavily armored tank. The shells harmlessly bounced off the tank.

J/O POV

"Owl 1, Owl 2, Targets about 300 meters to the north of my position. Give it a strafe." Jay heard over the radio.

"Roger we, have a visual. I'm coming in." Jay heard the familiar engines of the two He-219's as the dove. He saw the white and blue birds fly in at a steep angle and open fire. The sound of 30mm cannons filled the air, followed by two new plumes of smoke.

"Amazing hits Owl flight, remain on standby. 2-8 out." He heard. He heard the Pershing's gun fire one more and a 5th plume of smoke rose up.

"Anglerfish, flank is secure, Duck team and Rabbit team took a few hits though." He heard.

"Alright, Pete, get ready to make the..." He turned around just in time to see a sherman open fire on the light tank. "PETE WATCH OUT!" But it was too late, the shell impacted the back of the turret and the tank exploded. It all seemed to happen in slow motion, from the time he saw the tank blow up to the moment he returned fire. Courtney put the tank into a hard right turn, entering the final stretch of the flanking maneuver.

"1-1, come in. This is Anglerfish, what's the status of the flank?" Jay didn't reply. "1-1, are you still there?" Another long pause. "1-1, Jay, please come in!"

"This is 1-1, flanking maneuver complete...we lost 1-2." Jay said, in a deep voice. "Peterson is gone...i'm all that's left on the flank." There was a long radio silence.

"Roger, the enemy is putting up a smoke screen. Keep an eye on them." Miho ordered.

"Wilco. 1-1, out." He sighed and climbed out the tank. He leaned against the gun mantlet and tried to recollect his thoughts.

At Shield's position, the group of four tanks moved forward steadily. They were fighting hatches open, so they could engage targets quickly. Pascal wasn't too worried,though, the IS-3 was more than enough to deal with a group of dinky little shermans. The group moved steadily through the open area. Suddenly they were hit with a large volley of fire from all sides.

"SHIT! HATCHES! HATCHES!" Pascal shouted closing the hatch over him as the shells impacted. "FIRE AT WILL! SHELL AWAY!" The IS-3 fired, its 122mm shell hitting a sherman, causing the tank itself to peel outward from the explosion. The T34 and T29 also hit a sherman trying to flee after seeing what had happened to her teammate. The 105mm hit the engine and the 120mm punched a big hole in the in the back of turret. The shell entered and exited the turret, slamming into the tree it was in front of it.

"All tanks ceasefire, all tanks ceasefire. Regroup with Anglerfish." Pascal heard Jay say. The four tanks all turned around and the other M26 that was with them shot off a couple of smoke rounds to cover their retreat.

The heavily armored tanks took a semi-circle of defense around the lighter tanks. Jay was the last one to arrive since he was coming from the position of the flank.

"What was the call back for?" Jay asked, as the tank parked next to the panzer.

"We need to reorganize." She said. "We've tank casualties and you have as well." She said turning to the Type 89 and the M3. The japanese medium tank had a few bullet holes in it. He saw that some of the crew were being wrapped up by some of the JayPac boys. He saw 3 bodies covered by white blankets, with the crews of both tanks who weren't hit weeping over them. He was suddenly overcome with emotions and he had to walk away from Miho. He walked behind his Hellcat and he let out his anger.

"GOD DAMNIT!" He shouted before punching the side of his tank. He reeled back and held his hand, knowing he probably just shattered some bone. He knew they couldn't surrender, he had seen the horrors of that already. He knew he had to stand strong. The only thing bothering him was that this was only the first battle. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"It's ok Jay...I know this must a bit hard on you." He looked at Miho, and Pascal. "Jay remember what we always say everyday."

"We will survive, Scout 1." He said. "We just gotta keep on fighting. Now stop acting like a puss and man up!" Jay stood up and walked to the girls who were crying, and cheered them up.

"It's ok, think of it like this. They'll be watching over us as we continue to battle. Now stand up, and say 'I will fight.'" he said. They looked at him. "Come on, 'I will fight!' it's what they would've wanted." Jay said. "If you give up now, what will they have died for?" One by one, they got up and said "I will fight!"

"I will Survive!"

"I will survive!" And they chanted that until everyone was chanting it. Once the chanting died down, everyone who was able to fight mounted their tank and waited for orders.

"Miho, what's the plan of attack?" Jay asked.

"Well, we should keep Sniper team here, since this is a nice high ground anyway. Then we should make an all out push against the saunders forces." She said. "Heavies at the front, and lighter tanks at the back." The group organized and got ready to move out when an official ran up to them.

"Cease combat! Saunders has withdrawn!" They all looked at the official with confusion. "You advance onto the next round. Congratulations."

Casualties

JayPac/Ooarai: 8 casualties, 1 M24

Saunders: 12 M4 shermans, 60 casualties

Zuikaku, hours later...

Jay was sitting on a park bench ready to break down. He couldn't get the image of Peterson's burning tank out of his mind. He tried and he tried but he couldn't. He then didn't feel so good, as if all the shock and trauma had finally caught up to him. He ran to the a bush and barfed, letting it all out. He was dry heaving once he was finished. He leaned against a tree just cried, for hours.

Eventually it was late at night and people were searching for him. He heard his name being called out multiple times, but refused to reveal himself. After a while they stopped altogether, and it was only then when Jay left from hiding. It was really late, almost 11, and Jay was walking down a dimly lit road.

"Jay?" He turned and saw Pascal. "Where the hell were you?" He asked, pissed off. "You know how long we searched for you? We thought you had gone overboard, or even worse!" Jay just stayed silent and kept walking. Pascal grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. "What is wrong?! Tell me! I can tell when something is up."

"You wouldn't understand....I saw him explode..." Jay said. "It was my fault.." That's when he was slapped in the face "OW! What the Hell was that for?!"

"You are not going to blame the loss of Peterson on yourself! I refuse to let that happen!" Pascal said.

"As Commander, any death in my team is my responsibility!" Jay yelled back.

"And how do you think Miho feels, huh?!" That silenced him. "Yeah..remember she lost three of her teammates today as well. And in your words "As team commander, any death is her responsibility.', right?"

"N-no...you're right..." Jay said.

"Go to her.." Pascal said, quietly. "And sorry, for slapping you." Jay gave him a thumbs up and ran towards Miho's Apartment.

He burst inside the door, startling Miho.

"I'm sorry for doing what i did!" Jay said, bowing. "I promise never to hide like that again. And if so, then you have permission to kill me. What I did was basically deserting and I...." He was silenced by Miho suddenly embracing him. "Miho.."

"It's okay...I understand..." She said, hugging him tight. Jay was fighting back the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Thank you Miho.." Jay said, nearly breaking down. They held each other that night, two totally different people brought closer together by the tide of battle. Two schools, one big and one small, working together to brave the coming storm. A winter storm.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 990 48
When Natsu calls all the girls in the guild weak because they are not stronger than him and the other guys in the guild and the guys agree the girls...
12.5K 138 20
After the defeat and embarrassment after the victory of the Ooarai Compound Team over the All-Stars University Team, Renta Tsuji turns to his last di...
29.3K 439 22
This story is an au in which that since the beginning of Sensha-do it was a co-ed sport and there are many things added to make it safer. It follows...
7.9K 202 26
This fictional story is based on anime Girls und Panzer which doesn't really fit anywhere in the original lore. As name suggests, it's about an Excha...