Getting Ready

One year Later...

Gerald R. Ford Sensha-do Training grounds...

"Hit that right Court!" Jay felt the Hellcat lurch as it turned hard to the right. He grabbed the turret rotation mechanism to make sure it didn't turn the turret by itself. "Come on!"

"1-1, Target 800 yards front!" He heard in his helmet radio.

"Roger 1-2, I see it!" He balled his fist up and showed it to his loader, caleb. He slammed a shell into the breach.

"UP!"

"Round away!" Jay fired while the tank was still moving. The shell sailed through the air at high speed before hitting the target, a dummy tank, square on. "Stop the tank!" The Hellcat lurched forward and skidded to a stop. An M24 stopped next to the tank destroyer. Peterson was standing on the cupola, looking at Jay.

"Nice shot man!" He shouted.

"Thanks, you know i've been practicing." Jay said. Then the sound of 20 and 30mm cannons cracked through the air before the sight of 2 He-219's flew over, jinking.

"Good gun run, but next time do it faster, no more than 8 seconds over the target area." Jay said into the radio.

"Owl 1 copies." He heard.

"Owl 2 copies, we'll be quick." The two white planes flew overhead before heading back to the airfield.

"All right, all units let's call it a day." He got replies confirming. "Take us to the Tank Hangar." Courtney replied by turning the tank in the direction of the storage building, an old Airship hangar, which was affectionately given the nickname of the "Tank hangar."

One by one the tanks rolled into the hangar. First scout team, led by Jay in his M18, consisted of mostly M24 Chaffee light tanks. Next to roll in was sniper team, led by cody. This team consisted of cody's Panther II tank, and a mix of M10 and M36 tank destroyers. The last team in was Shield team, led by Pascal. This team consists of the IS-3, T29, T34 and M26 Pershings. Jay watched as each tank parked in its designated area, and just as soon as the roaring and clinking of treads had filled the air, it was replaced by the murmurs of the tankers as they left. Jay was walking up and down the rows of tanks, making sure they were all there and walking around to see if there were any tell-tale signs of fatigue.

"Yo buddy, still alive?" A voice said nearby. Jay, who was sitting on top of a Pershing's engine deck looked down and saw his old B.F.F squad.

"We brought you some food." Pascal said, holding a bag of what looked like teriyaki.

"Thanks, i could really use it." Jay said, hopping down from the tank to gladly take the food. They made their way to a table in a corner of the tank hangar, and decided to sit down and eat.

"So, any improvement we can make to the practice?" Jay asked before taking a bite of his seafood Yakisoba meal. The group all looked at eachother and shook their head. "Well, i guess it would be shooting on the move for me." Cody said.

"You said you didn't want to learn how to shoot on the move. Even after i offered to teach you!" Jay exclaimed.

"Yeah, but you are in a tank destroyer, not a medium tank." Cody said.

"Says the Panther commander." Pascal muttered. Jay chuckled, knowing what he meant. Surprisingly the Panther was a little heavier than the Russian heavy.

"Oh really? Well do you carry a freakin Tiger II cannon on your tank? I didn't think so." Cody said, obviously annoyed about that fact. Jay and Kenji snickered.