The Effects of Betrayal

By KatieMossman

Not your average Percy becomes a god fanfic, read to find out more. Just a warning, Percy is bisexual in thi... More

Chapter one
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 2

5.9K 115 28
By KatieMossman

Percy's point of view

It had been a couple days since I'd become a god, and I decided that I should really contact my mom and Paul and let them know what has happened to me. Although I wasn't eager to talk about how Annabeth had betrayed me I knew they deserved to know the truth. Despite that, I was still going to try and avoid telling them about my failed suicide attempt. I kind of felt guilty about it now since I realized how devastated they would have been if I'd succeeded.

When I'd done it I hadn't really been thinking about them or my friends, but since then I'd realized that trying to kill myself probably hadn't been the best idea. I wasn't sure if accepting Immortality was the best idea either, but I would have to live with my choice. Sure, I knew the gods could probably take away my immortality, but I doubted they would do it even if I wanted them to. Even if they were willing to do it, it seemed like the fates wanted me to be a god, so I doubted they would let me give up my new position even if I wanted to.

For now, I think I'm okay with my choice, and hopefully, it will stay that way. Eventually, once I complete some of my training I will have to visit the camps to reintroduce myself to them. Thankfully though that won't be for a while since I haven't learned much yet. I suspect that when I do visit the camps they will probably shocked to learn that I had chosen godhood. Chiron will probably be less shocked since he's lived such a long time, there's probably not much that will surprise him.

After a lesson with Apollo, I went to my dad's palace. That's where I would be staying until mine was built. I wasn't really surprised that Triton and Amphitrite weren't exactly pleased by this, but I guess I couldn't blame them since I was technically more powerful than them both now even though I didn't know much about my powers yet. On top of that, they'd never really liked me to begin with.

One upside to staying in my dad's palace was that I could see Tyson when he wasn't working in the forges and since I hadn't seen him in a while that was nice. I decided that although I didn't really want to talk about what had happened to me I was going to Iris message my mom and Paul and tell them at least some of what had happened to me.

When I did they were pleased to hear from me, but they clearly noticed the slight differences in my appearance caused by me becoming a god. I was sure they could also tell that there was something bothering me, and I knew it wouldn't be long before they would ask about it. One of the first questions my mom asked was, "Percy what's wrong?"

I replied, "I found Annabeth cheating on me,"

Of course, they tried to reassure me that everything would be okay and eventually I would move on. As much as I wanted to believe their words were true I just couldn't bring myself to believe them yet, Annabeth had been everything to me and that made it hard to believe that I could be happy again. Their next question was why I looked different.

Truthfully the only differences in my appearance were that I was a little taller and more muscular but nothing else had changed other than the fact I was obviously more powerful than before.

I replied, "After what Annabeth did I left camp Jupiter, I just couldn't make myself stay when she was still there. I was out on my own for a while but eventually, I got hurt badly and if the fates hadn't sent me to Apollo we probably wouldn't be talking right now,"

Yes, technically I was vague about how I got hurt but it was hard enough to talk about how Annabeth had betrayed me. I would probably admit the truth to them eventually, but I knew that wasn't going to be for a while. I continued my explanation and told them how I'd chosen to become a god. Obviously, this news shocked them but after it sunk in it seemed they were okay with my choice.

After I told them that, I think they put the pieces together and realised that was why I looked different. I told them how the fates had insisted I become an Olympian and what my domains were. I told them that Apollo was training me and that I probably wouldn't be able to see them as often, but I knew I would still visit them as often as I could.

Days turned into weeks, and those weeks eventually became a month as I trained with Apollo and occasionally visited my mom and Paul. Since me becoming an Olympian had led to the council no longer having an even number of members we held a meeting and we all agreed to let Hestia have her throne back. I was pleased that the other Olympians had agreed to this because Hestia deserved to have one, after all, she's one of the eldest goddesses.

Although I certainly wasn't thrilled about it I knew we would probably visit the camps soon since I'd learned quite a few of my powers. I had to admit I was kind of looking forward to seeing Annabeth's reaction once she finds out about me but seeing her again would still be hard for me. I would just have to do my best to hide how upset I still am because of her. I wasn't sure how my friends would react, but I guessed they would most likely be shocked as well.

Ever since I'd become a god, I'd been noticing that women seemed to pay more attention to me than usual. I might have even noticed other men eyeing me occasionally. I usually ignore them all since I still wasn't interested in a new romantic relationship. After Annabeth, I didn't think I could trust someone enough for a romantic relationship to last. I'd loved Annabeth and I couldn't understand why she had hurt me the way she had. Most of the time I just tried not to think about her.

Eventually, the day came when we would be visiting Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter to inform them that I'd become a god. I had a pretty good idea of how my friends and Annabeth would react, I figured they'd be shocked since I'd refused immortality before, so they probably wouldn't expect I would accept it now.

We were going to camp half-blood first and I was okay with that, at least it wasn't where Annabeth was since she'd stayed in camp Jupiter to be with the guy she'd ditched me for. The other gods went to Camp Half-Blood first to tell Chiron to gather the demigods, so they would all be there when I got there. I arrived not long after once I was sure that everyone would be ready.

When I got there, I heard Zeus telling the demigods that a new god had been added to the Olympian council, what my domains and symbols were, and some of my duties. Despite the fact that he'd already told them all that, I didn't think he'd said that the new god was me. Due to that, I appeared behind the other gods and once he finished telling the demigods and Chiron about me I moved forward planning to take my place among the other gods. Malcolm asked, "Lord Zeus, who is this new god?"

That was when I decided to reveal myself to the campers. Because they were able to sense my arrival, the other gods made room for me beside my father. After I stepped into the space, they'd created I heard a lot of gasps. Everyone looked shocked. Chiron seemed less shocked than the campers but that wasn't entirely surprising.

"Perrcy," Grover bleated sounding shocked. I confirmed that it was me and spoke to a few of my old friends before I had to leave since we still had to go to Camp Jupiter. It had been hard for me to go to Camp Half-Blood since most of my memories with Annabeth happened there, and I didn't really want to remember them since she'd betrayed me.

While I was there, I told my closest friends to treat me like they always had. I also told Chiron the same thing. Chiron was Like a second father to me, so I didn't really want him to bow to me or use formalities so I just hoped he would do what I asked.

I was even less enthusiastic about going to camp Jupiter since that's where Annabeth was. Despite that, when it was time to go there, I steeled myself, and I went to Camp Jupiter with the other gods. I arrived in Camp Jupiter as my roman form, and I knew that Jupiter had already finished telling the legionaries about me. I looked at the crowd of demigods, and that's when I saw her. Annabeth was there as I'd expected, she was standing beside the guy she'd cheated on me with. I quickly looked away from her, I was already starting to get upset just from seeing her again, but I knew I couldn't let that show.

I could tell that the news of me becoming an Olympian shocked them, but then again that wasn't really surprising since last they'd heard I'd left camp Jupiter after Annabeth betrayed me and I hadn't been in contact with them since. Speaking of Annabeth, it looked like she was jealous of me, and maybe also annoyed, I could understand the jealousy, but I wasn't sure what annoyed her.

Did she not think I deserved godhood? I honestly didn't know or care, for that matter, what she thought didn't really matter to me anymore and although what she had done to me still hurt, I was trying not to think about that. Ever since I'd become a god I'd tried to just concentrate on my training. After I'd gotten my new weapons and armor, I'd started learning how to fight with dual swords rather than just using a sword and shield like I always had.

The gods hadn't required me to learn that, I'd just decided to try learning that myself. I had more time on my hands these days, and I was used to spending a lot of time training so that's how I'd decided to spend some of my extra time. While I was at camp Jupiter my new swords took on the look of a Roman Gladius.

I thought that maybe now that Annabeth was at the Roman camp, she might keep quiet rather than making some stupid comment or insult toward me that she would most likely get punished for. If nothing else camp Jupiter was stricter than camp half blood so not only could she really annoy me and the rest of the gods she might also get punished for it.

It seemed Annabeth was smart enough to keep quiet for now and I honestly preferred it that way. Like with any other god the Romans showed me respect, as my Roman form I was honestly fine with that. If I had been my usual self in my Greek form, I probably would have been annoyed by it, but my Roman form was different.

Now that I was a god, I wasn't sure what would happen in my life. For now, I would continue to concentrate on my training and attend any meetings that were called. It was also a part of my duties to visit the camps occasionally and help any demigods that needed me. I knew I would try to avoid encountering Annabeth as much as possible, but I also knew that I would probably end up talking to her eventually.

I spend most of my time training, but I also spend time with Tyson, and occasionally visit my Mom and Paul. I would probably also have my own Palace before too long so I wouldn't have to stay in my dad's for much longer. That was kind of a relief since that meant I would no longer have to put up with Triton and Amphitrite. I can understand why they don't like me but it's still kind of annoying. 

A/N I know this is kind of late but to everyone who celebrates it, Merry Christmas, to everyone who doesn't Happy Holidays.  This took a while partially because I wasn't sure what to write, and partially because I was really busy with other things for a while there. If you guys have any suggestions for what Percy's Roman name could be  in this story tell me.  In previous stories, I just made him have the name Perseus in both forms but I kind of want to do something different in this book. 

 I also wanted to warn you all that I plan for Percy to be bisexual in this, and the next chapter after this one might hint at the pairing that this story will eventually have. There's a reason why I rated this as mature just to be safe. I may eventually include smut scenes although I haven't made up my mind about that yet. So if you're not okay with reading about all this you should probably stop reading now before the story gets to those parts since I don't intend to change my plans for this story. I just wanted to warn you all now to avoid any complaints later on. I will probably add this warning to the description eventually but for now, I'll just warn you here. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 20.8K 69
*This is a Percy Jackson fanfic that occurs after the war with Gaea.* Gods are starting up a war. Nothing is stoping them after they start. But what...
19.9K 226 31
Mortals and demigods alike meet our favorite demigods and couples! There may be stories with multiple parts, some where the demigods are gods or the...
33.6K 569 15
Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson Pairings: Will x Nico, Percy x Annabeth, Jason x Piper, Frank x Hazel, Leo x Calypso Warnings: Homophobia, tran...
31.7K 537 8
What if Percy didn't remember Annabeth? Percabeth fanfic, I'm not sure how many parts this will be or if I'll even continue, just let me know what yo...