My Love

By NataliaIsNautilus

Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night... More

The Party
The Drinking Game
The Healer
Izzy
Story Time And The Date
Where Is Alexander?
Extreme Demons
Court of Demon Kings and Queens
What Magnus Didn't Say
A Late Night Visit
A Late Night Visit
The Apology
What's A Day Off?
Downworld Ball (pt. 1?)
A/N
Downworld Ball pt. 2
The After Party
Happy Holidays
That's Low
He Killed An Angel?
Mencintaiku
"We Don't Have To Fight"
His Past
The Rescue pt. 1
The Rescue pt. 2
I Like Jace More (teaser)
I Like Jace More (full)
Meeting Paris
The Meeting
Explaining What Oblivious Angels Say (teaser)
Some Things Are Better Not Heard
The Arrival
I Understand Completely
The Breaking
Beautiful Pain
Downworlder Meeting
The Waking of a Lover
Guilt
Date Night
Parabatai
Don't Go Easy On Me, They Said. I Can Handle It, They Said.
I Can't Be Held Responsible (pt 1 of the Institute Gala scenes)
The Heir Of Hell Indeed (pt. 2 of the Institute Gala scenes)
Surprises All Around! Many Bad! Some Good!
Telling Friends and Family
The Brothers Grimm
Out Of Love
Sorta, Kinda, Homecoming
ALMOST Mundane
The Last Battle
Grieving
Awakening
Homecoming & Transfers
Bachelors For One More Night
The Wedding
The Honeymoon

Eveything

1.2K 48 2
By NataliaIsNautilus

Magnus POV

"Hey Magnus. I miss you. We haven't seen each other in a week and a half and I miss you so much. Wait, I already said I missed you but it's true. I know you are probably busy and me calling all the time is probably annoying but please send me some sign that you still love me. That you still care. Because I do. We've been looking for you and haven't had any luck. Well if we had luck I wouldn't be sending this to you so yeah. Please respond. Yeah I got to go, love you."

A single tear drop fell down my cheek as I finished listening to his voicemail. Again. He had sent it a few hours ago and I wasn't sure if I should respond. I was torn, not being able to see him. I needed to see him, it was driving me insane. I couldn't bear another minute without him.

I pressed the call button on Alec's profile. Alec picked up on the first ring.

(Magnus is in bold. Alec is in italics)

"Magnus?"

"Alec, baby"

"It's actually you. I've missed you so much. It's nice to hear your voice again"

"I know. I've been so busy and I promise I love you, please don't think any difderent. I'll explain everything. Just please don't give up on me"

"I'll never give up on you. I love you too. When can I see you again? In person"

"Tomorrow. I'll create a considerable amount of energy, enough to pick up on the radar. I'll be waiting for you and come alone"

"Okay. I love you"

"I love you too"

"Shoot. Izzy is coming. I don't want to go but I have to"

"Its okay"

"I will always love you. Bye"*

"Love you too. Bye"

The line went dead. I get to see him again, tomorrow. I slept soundly knowing that he won't haunt my dreams. But he'll be in them

(Time skip - now it's morning. About 7 am)

Alec POV

I went downstairs casually, even though my heart was beating so hard my ribs were probably bruising. Magnus had finally responded and I was going to see him today.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled open the cabinets. I grabbed a bagel and put it in the toaster. While it was toasting, I grabbed some cream cheese and a knife and set them on the counter top. I pulled out the milk and measured out some to make myself some hot chocolate. I put the cup if milk in the microwave and took my bagel out of the toaster. I spread cream cheese on it while my milk was heating up. The microwave beeped and I took the hot milk out. I stirred the hot chocolate packet into the milk until it was perfect. Having finished making my breakfast, I sat down at the table to enjoy it.

I ate silently while looking through me and Magnus' old texts. It usually made me sad but since I knew I was going to see him today, I made me more nervous than anything.

"Watcha doing?" Isabelle asked.

"Nothing" I responded glumly. I want actually upset but she needed to think so and I had enough practice over the last week to make it believable. She looked over my shoulder and saw what I was doing.

"He'll come back" she told me.

"I know. I just don't know when" I responded.

"We are doing everything we can to help you find him" Jace said, walking into the room.

"I know, I know" I replied. I downed the rest of my food so Jace couldn't take any. He enjoyed stealing anything on my plate.

"Where's our food?" Jace asked.

"I'm sure Iz would love to make you something to eat" I said while smirking. Isabelle beamed.

"I'd rather starve than be poisoned" Jace said. Just then the monitor went off. We all ran to see what it was. There was an energy pulse, in a vague shape of a heart. I smiled inwardly, of course he would do something like that.

"It's small, I'll do it" I told them.

"Nah we can all do it" Jace said.

"It will be a waste of time if we all go. You two can stay here with Clary and Simon and look for some way to find Magnus while I knock out a small nest" I replied.

"He's right and I honestly want to spend more time with Simon" Isabelle said.

"I wouldn't mind a some time with Clary. But Alec if something goes wrong call us" Jace told me.

"I will even though you'll be able to feel it" I told my parabatai.

I went to my room and changed into my gear. I grabbed my bow and quiver. I waved goodbye to my siblings and left.

(Time skip - Alec is out of the Institute and around where Magnus is. Still Alec's POV)

I walked through the forest, tracking the signature. I caught sight of my beautiful boyfriend and took off running. I tackled him and we fell into some leaves.

"Alec what the he-" Magnus was cut off as I pushed my lips against his. I moaned. I hadn't tasted him in so long that he was overpowering my senses with just a simple kiss.

I pulled away. "Hey"

"Hello my beautiful blue eyed Shadowhunter" Magnus said.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and pressed my face into his neck. I took a deep breath, inhaling his sweet scent and trying to keep from crying. And he held me. I let loose a few silent tears, relieved to actually be able to touch him.

Once I had collected myself enough, I looked up at him. He smiled softly and stroked my cheek. "What have you been doing?" He asked me.

"Not much. Looking for you and learning as much as I can about the Court. There isn't much to learn though, the Institute doesn't have many books in them. There was a file in the archives that held some information but not much. What have you been doing?" I replied.

"Too much. I've been tracking Valentine Morgenstern. Using the rest of the Court. We have some leads that I'm having people follow, some of his allies. I've been making sure to keep them in line and not eating mundanes, which is honestly easier than I thought it'd be and looking after you. I've been making sure you, well mainly your siblings, Clary and Sherman, don't do anything stupid and keeping the demon attacks to a minimum. You can say I've been busy" Magnus responded.

"You definitely have. Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked my boyfriend.

He chewed his bottom lip. "Please don't think of me any different from what I'm going to tell you. And you can't tell anyone. No one. Not Isabelle. Not Jace. Not Clary. Absolutely no one can know"

"I promise I won't tell anyone. And I could never think of you differently" I responded.

"You haven't heard anything yet. What do you want to know?" He inquired.

"Everything" I said.

"I was born before there were the majority of Downworld races. It was only Angels, Demons, Shadowhunters, Humans and Warlocks. My real name is Magnus Bane, if you were wondering.

"There was the basis of human civilization but it's nothing how mundanes think it is. After my mother died when I was nine I lived in the streets. I barely ate and I met my father when I was twelve. I didn't know what he was like then, all I knew was that he was different, like me. He took me to his palace and there I got whatever I wanted. Then he started training me to be a killer. I didn't question him, I just did what I was told.

"He had me lead his team of demons and warlocks that just went around causing havoc and killing. My power was constantly increasing and he used it to murder and destroy but I didn't do anything about it.

"He introduced me to the Demon Court. It actually had a lot more members but nine were the ones in charge. I was the first warlock on the main people in the Court and the last.

"I eventually tired of the constant battle and so I left them temporarily. I went and explored the world. I fell in love with someone and when the Court found out they killed him. They immobilized me and killed him in front of me. I couldn't do anything but scream and curse but none of it worked. He died." Magnus was crying at this point. I was rubbing comforting circles on his back.

"After that I worked on ending the Court. In the 15th century I took them down. I imprisoned all of them in Edom. I took significant amounts of their power and locked them away. I had never actually used my name in my past so I didn't have to change it. I started a new life and tried to forget my old one, it worked up until now.

"That's all of it" Magnus concluded. I sat silent, trying to process what I had just heard.

"How old are you?" I asked. I needed something to start off with.

"7,800 something. I'm not exactly sure" he replied.

"Oh. What will happen to us? To our relationship?" I asked.

"It firstly depends on how you think of me. And secondly, what do you want to happen?" He responded

"I still think you are the best person I have ever met and I am deeply in love with you. I want us to keep dating" I told him.

"Good. That's what I want too" he replied.

We talked about other things and making out. That's is until Isabelle called. "where are you?" She asked.

"I'm just walking around the city. I finished the hunt but didn't feel like coming back yet" I replied. I went back to kissing Magnus while Izzy talked.

"Oh ok. Jace and I were worried. You've been a bit distant" she replied.

Breaking our kiss, I responded. "I just didn't feel like coming back yet. I'll be there within the hour, maybe hour and a half"

"Okay. Bye" Iz said and hung up.

I snuggled into my boyfriend and we continued conversing and kissing until my hour was up. I left and he said he'd call tonight if he got the chance, but definitely tomorrow if not tonight. I thanked him for sharing his past with me and he told that trusted me, which made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Well I know this is a shorter chapter than most, sitting at 1,781 (without this end part, 1903 after) and most of them are 2,000+. Anyway this was a chapter that is just giving us some insight in Magnus' past.

So please comment, vote and share. I would love to hear what you think of the story or what suggestions you have for it. I really would like some feedback as this is my first time doing fanfiction at all. Oh, and follow me.

Be happy, stay strong, and Love Yourself

- Nautilus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2K 20
Alexander Lightwood. A reserved, loving, protecive Shadowhunter. Magnus Bane. A confident, glittery, powerful Warlock. These two, somehow, met eachot...
1.2K 135 11
It's Friday the 13th. Magnus is late for work. Again because of his cat. He's locking up his apartment when he gets a phone call that he's been fired...
199K 8.7K 36
When Alec leaves New York to go to college he has one intention: live his life as a proud gay man without any pressure from his parents. But as alway...
885 35 15
*This is the first installment of the Malec Rewritten series.* *Disclaimer: This story contains possible spoilers. I recommend reading the whole (TMI...