In the Moonlight [Completed]

By Red_Pheonix26

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 24

760 30 3
By Red_Pheonix26

Running out into the snow, I looked around for Max. Why was he outside right now? There was news of there being a snow storm and I didn't want to think of what would happen if he got caught in it.

I should have noticed, it's my fault, he wasn't watching a movie with us, if I had noticed that he was absent earlier maybe I could have caught him.

These sad thoughts kept tormenting me as I struggled through the thick snow. It was dark and I was leaving the area that was still lamplighted.

It was late at night, probably approaching 11, the wind was howling and snow was starting to fall.

The chill nipped at my skin as I hugged my coat closer, trying to open my eyes to look further into the woods.

We were surrounded by a forest, he could have gone out for a run but no, that would be stupid, especially in this weather.

"Max?" I called out into the empty air.

Using my phone as a torch, I looked around the black shadows of trees. I was surrounded by darkness, barely able to see anything.

My legs were getting tired and I was shivering in the frosty blizzard that was picking up.

"Max!! Where are you!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping he would hear me considering he's a werewolf.

The snow was growing thicker, enveloping me in the darkness as I was starting to lose track of where I was. The bitter cold slowly numbed every limb in my body. I was afraid, but I just hoped he was okay.

~~~~~

Max's PoV

I was walking in the hallway, when Shae came up behind me again.

"Hey, where are you going?" She smiled and twirled her chestnut, curly hair.

"Downstairs to join everyone." Mainly to see what Lex is up to although I didn't tell her that part.

She grabbed onto my arm. "I was thinking we could do something together." She bit her lip, but not in the same cute and seductive way Lex did.

"Oh well, it's New Year's and I wanted to hang out with everyone. I also left my phone downstairs so I should probably go get it.." I replied, not even looking at her.

"Why?" She raised her voice.

"Huh?" My attention was brought back to her.

"Why won't you pay any attention to me!? I even got rid of Alexa so that that brat wouldn't interrupt us anymore!" Her high pitched voice yelled in the empty hallway.

"What?" I turned around to look at her.

"Oh w-well." She covered her mouth with her hand, realizing the words that had escaped her mouth.

"What did you just say?" I raised my voice, louder than I intended it to be.

"Well, I just thought that, she would get in our way so I told her you were outside and she went looking for you." Her voice came out barely a whisper and died down towards the end of her sentence as she stared down at the ground.

My eyes widened as I rushed downstairs, ignoring the look of shock that appeared on Shae's face as I disappeared.

Before I could reach the door, Isaac chased after me into the entry way.

"Woah where are you going?" He questioned me.

"Outside." All that mattered at the moment was Lex's safety, I wasn't thinking straight as thoughts of her being in danger threatened their way into my mind.

"What happened? Why are you so panicked." He looked truly confused at my behavior.

"L-Alexa is outside in the snow storm because Shae told her I was out there. I need to go looking for her."

He grabbed me wrist as I tried to go.

"She'll be back. Why do you care so much? Give her some time, she's smart, she'll come back." He tried to reason with me considering I was running straight into a storm.

"You don't know her, she won't give up until she finds me!" I raised my voice. The longer I stayed here the further away Lex got.

"What's going on with you! I've never seen you so distressed?!" He shouted back, seing how I was losing patience.

He was annoying me, blocking my way as I tried to get to her.

"I don't get you? You've been acting different the past few days."

"I need to go, now!" I glared at him.

"Why? What's so important that you need to put two people in danger instead of just one? She's just a human! My beta is more important!" He was creating a commotion, and I'm pretty sure the others could hear.

"She's not just a human!" I couldn't take it anymore. The rage had built up inside of me.

"Wake up! What's wrong with you!" He shouted.

"She's my mate okay!"

Suddenly he stepped back, his eyes widening and clouding over as though he was in a different world. It's like he couldn't process my words due to the shock. I took the opportunity and ran out the door.

~~~~~

Alexa's PoV

I couldn't feel anything anymore.

"Max?!"

My body had gone numb, the temperature dropping below normal.

My voice was coming out barely above a whisper but I had to try. I couldn't give up on him, what if he was injured and got ambushed so he couldn't get back safely? What if the Red Moon Pack had found us and kidnapped him?

Each step was painful, as the snow was so heavy that I couldn't see anymore.

"Max.." The words escaped my lips as I stumbled and fell.

I tried to get up, using every strength in my body but failed.

My body was shutting down, giving up on me and not listening to my brain.

I couldn't think that way, if Max was in trouble I had to find him. Somehow I managed to stand up and walk further into the shadows.

"Max!" I called out one last time, every strength leaving my body.

My body hit the ground, cold and icy snow burning my cheek. My trembling hand lifted up, reaching out into the trees. The scene in front of me became dark as my vision blurred. The frost bit into my skin as I closed my eyes, losing consciousness in the middle of nowhere..

"Alexa!"

~~~~~

Warmth flooded my senses as I opened my eyes. I could hear a faint rustle in the background as I blinked, trying to focus my vision.

I groaned, rolling to my side and grabbing my throbbing head.

Someone rushed to my side.

"Lex?" His gentle voice soothed me as he lifted my head, placing it on his lap.

"Max?" My eyes focused on his features and the kind look on his face.

"I'm here. It's okay." He stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Where exactly are we?" I was starting to remember. "Did I find you? I remember going out looking for you but... I thought you were gone.." My voice cracked as tears threatened to spill.

Every emotion that had built up was finally surfacing and all the bottled up fear was overwhelming me as he was here, finally safe. I found him.

"I found you unconscious in the woods. The snow storm is too strong, I couldn't take us both back to the chalet so I looked for refuge and found an abandoned shack."

Looking around at the small room, I saw that the fire was lit in the chimney, our only source of light in the dark. There was a huge window on the side that allowed us to see the stars. If we weren't in such a desperate situation I would have found it quite romantic.

"Lex, when I heard you were outside.. I didn't know what to do if you were hurt. I thought I was going to lose it if I didn't find you." He looked away, his voice breaking from hurt.

I sat up. "Hey it's okay. I'm just glad you're okay." I looked into his eyes, seing the pain reflected in them.

"I'm glad you're okay. I can't believe you believed Shae. She lied, I was inside the whole time.."

"I should have seen it coming, when I found out you were outside I didn't think. I just rushed out. Speaking of which, won't the others notice we're gone?"

"No. They're aware.." He trailed off.

"What do you mean?"

"I told Isaac." He stared down into my eyes, judging my reaction.

I didn't need clarification, I knew exactly what he meant.

"What did he say?" I was worried, realizing the extent of what could happen.

"He didn't say anything. I ran out not leaving him the opportunity."

"It'll be okay." I smiled, happy to be with him even in this situation.

My body shivered as a look of worry flashed across Max's face.

"Hey, come here." He pulled me closer to him as we both snuggled by the fire.

"You know.." He started, quietly. "I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you. After how I had acted towards you earlier.."

"Hey!" I pulled away to look at him. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Yes I did, I was harsh. It's just that, when I saw you getting along with Will and how close you were, I couldn't help being jealous. Even if it was stupid."

He frowned, continuing. "When I saw your hand on him, laughing and smiling together. I got so furious because I couldn't even laugh together with you because of Isaac. You have no idea how hard it has been for me. But it wasn't your fault and I had no right to act cold towards you by ignoring you."

"I don't blame you." I smiled. That's all we needed right now, to smile together and forget about everything going on, we would deal with Isaac later.

"Lex... I-"

We looked at the huge window as a light flashed in the sky. Sparkles of colour exploded in the starry night and was followed by more fireworks.

The lights cast a warm glow on Max's face as we stared at it together.

"Wow." I was speechless, it was beautiful. Maybe even more so since we were together.

"Happy New Year." He smiled, bringing my attention to him.

"Happy New Year." I returned the smile, when I suddenly realised how close we were.

Our faces inches apart, his breath fanned across my lips.

We were alone, no one to stop us.

His eyes flickered between my lips and eyes. Surprising me as I didn't expect it, my body calling out to him.

I watched his eyes cloud over as he brought his hand up to my cheek, setting my entire body on fire. He was hesitating, the look of confusion in his eyes, like he was having a battle with his mind.

I shivered again, but not for the same reason, almost begging him to close the gap.

And he did, he pressed his lips against mine, giving in to the undeniable pull.

It took me a second to process what was happening, but I immediately kissed him back. His lips moving against mine, a jolt of electricity rushed through me as he finally gave in to the craving of needing to be closer to me, at least that's how I felt.

A low growl escaped his lips in between kisses as he pulled away for air. My body was on fire, his chest was rising quickly as we caught our breath. His eyes had darkened, I shivered at the amount of desire I could see in them. The thought that that look was because of me burned inside my body. He didn't give me enough time as he crashed his lips against mine again.

The same sparks exploded at the contact, reflecting the fireworks in the background. He leaned back on the couch, shifting the weight so I was straddling him.

He groaned, demanding entry. I didn't give him the satisfaction, feeling his annoyance in the kiss.

I shouldn't have gone against him, because he pulled me even closer if that was even possible.

He bit my lip aggressively but not enough to hurt too much, my lips parted in response as his tongue met mine.

We both needed this.

As I suppressed a moan, I ran my hand through his hair like I had always wanted to, pressing closer to him.

A deep growl echoed in the air again as we were panting, gasping for air from the fiery kiss. It was electrifying and I never knew anything could feel this way.

This right.

We pulled away, as I stared into his crystal eyes.

I couldn't even act like it hadn't happened because his uncontrollable breathing or his parted lips and messy hair was evidence of what had just occurred.

My lips were swollen, tingling from remembering the feeling of his lips on mine. His gaze was still clouded as he tried to gain control of himself.

Well... What a way to start the New Year.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading! You have no idea how happy I am seing the views increasing! I don't actually know who you are unless you comment or vote, but I'm so thankful and appreciate everyone who supports this story!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and it would mean the world to me if you could comment and vote, constructive criticism always welcome.
-Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 9.3K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 326K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
185 30 18
Tessa starts to experience unsettling nightmares that seem so real and foreboding. Why did they start after the move? What do they mean? Was she goi...