My Lost Love

By Wolf_Lover10234

It had been sixty years since I last saw my beveled. That terrible night that occurred. I thought I had lost... More

Chapter 1
Chpater 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29

Chapter 28

1.7K 39 5
By Wolf_Lover10234

**Three Months Later**

Thorin's POV

I smiled watching Ruby and Ferin run around out in the spring sunshine. It was just the perfect temperature for them to play outside without wearing their coats. I sat on the bench watching them chase each other through the green grass. I smiled seeing how big they have already grown.

"What has you in such deep thought?" Rose asked sitting next to me holding Tholvin close to her chest. I looked over at her then at my youngest; smiling seeing him asleep pressed into his mother. "I am just enjoying the sun and watching my children grow my Queen." I said softly smiling at her.

Rose smiled and kissed my cheek. "How are the children doing outside?" she asked moving Tholvin some and sighed heavily. Tholvin cried out in protest from being moved. He pressed into her even more. I smiled watching my youngest press into his mother. "They are doing just great running around and stretching their legs. Making them stronger with each step they take." I said and turned watching Ruby and Ferin run around.

"Dwalin and Ori's wedding is tomorrow." Rose said softly leaning into me. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple. "I know. The kingdom is excited about it all." I responded looking at Tholvin seeing that he was awake. I smiled watching him glanced around before pressing his face back into his mother's chest. "Sleepy child." I whispered watching him.

Rose hummed and looked at me then down at Tholvin and smiled. "That he is. The more he sleeps. The more he grows." she whispered brushing his cheek softly making him yawn loudly.

I chuckled and looked over seeing Dwalin walking up to us. "Uncle Dwalin!" Ruby screamed running over to her Uncle tackling him with the help of Ferin both of the dwarflings taking out the old warrior's legs.

Dwalin laughed as he fell to the ground surrendering to the children. I smiled watching them. Rose looked up from Tholvin watching them closely. "Children let your Uncle up!" She called. Ruby and Ferin giggled before getting up and running over to us.

I laughed and looked at Dwalin seeing him get up and walk over to us dipping his head before smiling. "Good afteroon my King, Queen." He said smiling. I nodded to him smiling. "How is the wedding planning going?" I asked looking back over at Ferin and Ruby seeing them running back around chasing each other.

Dwalin huffed. "Good everything is ready for tomorrow and as usual Ori is worrying about everything." He said sighing and looked at his nephew in his sisters arms smiling. I chuckled and looked at my children. "Sounds usual for Ori. Dwalin I've been meaning to speak to you." I said standing. I kissed Rose's head then Tholvin's before leading Dwalin away.

Dwalin raised an eyebrow and looked at me confused. "Is something wrong?" He asked looking at me.

I shook my head no taking a few more strides away from him holding my hands behind my back looking out onto the city of Dale. I smiled seeing people walking around the edges of the city. "Then what is it?" I heard him call standing next to me.

"How would you feel if I found Ori and you a child to adopt and raise?" I asked turning and looking at him. Dwalin looked at me shocked. "Y...you would do that?" He asked his voice cracking tears forming in his eyes.

I smiled seeing his reaction. "Of course. There is a little girl that lost her father in an accident and her mother died giving birth. She has no family Dwalin, I want you and Ori to be her new family." I said watching him closely.

Dwalin wipes his cheeks some and smiled. "We would be honored to be her parents Thorin. I can't thank you enough for what you have done." He said smiling. I smiled at him. "I will bring her in after the wedding. During the feast." I said and pressed my forehead into his before pulling back. "Go and enjoy your night." I said smiling

Dwalin laughed and hugged me before walking away and over to Rose kissing her head and stroking Tholvin's cheek before walking back into the mountain.

Rose looked over at me confused. I smiled and walked over and sat back down. "What was that all about?" She asked. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "You will see tomorrow." I whispered smiling big.

Rose raised an eyebrow at me and looked at the children. "It's gettin dark. Let's get them inside, fed, and into bed tomorrow is a big day." She said and stood. I nodded in agreement and stood. "Ruby! Ferin!" I called.

Rose smiled watching her children before turned going into the mountain. I smiled and watched my children chase after her giggling.

I smiled and looked towards the sunset smiling before going into the mountain sighing. Slowly I made my way to the dining hall smiling seeing Ruby and Ferin eating already. Rose smiled at me motioning for me to come sit.

Slowly I made my way over and sat down and began to eat humming. "Is everything ready for the wedding?" I asked looking at Balin. Balin hummed and nodded. "Yes." He said taking a sip of his mead.

I hummed and looked at the other in the company as they mingled together. I smiled watching Fili with his daughter.

"Father!" Ferin yelled pulling my arm. I turned my attention to him. "Yes?" I asked taking a sip of my own mead. "I'm tired!" He whined leaning into my chair. I sighed and stood lifting him and looked at Ruby seeing her already asleep leaning into the table.

I sighed and walked over picking her up. Rose hummed setting her cup down. "Ready for bed?" She asked standing laying Tholvin on her shoulder. I smiled watching him snuggle into her neck. "Yes it seems they are tired." I said and headed towards the door.

Rose smiled. "Goodnight!" She called following after me. I smiled and carefully opened the door. Rose smiled and opened the door to the twins room. "Thank you." I said and walked in laying them down carefully changing them into their night clothes.

I walked back into my room and smiled seeing Rose in her night dress nursing Tholvin. "How is he doing?" I asked worried pulling my robes off. She hummed and looked at me. "He is doing great. Oin says he is doing great with his growth. Noticeable growth actually." She said and brushed his cheek.

Tholvin whined and moved some as he nursed. I smiled watching my son pulling on my night trousers. "I'm glad he is healthy." I said crawling under the covers next to her watching him still. Rose smiled and nodded. "Me too." She whispered.

Tholvin moved away from her burping quietly. Rose smiled and fixed her dress. I smiled watching Tholvin turn and looked at me sleepily.

"Hello my little prince." I whispered brushing his cheek. Rose smiled and carefully passed him to me. I smiled and laid him on my chest. Tholvin yawned loudly soon falling asleep. I smiled big rubbing his back softly.

"He loves his father." Rose whispered snuggling into my side watching her son. I smiled and kissing her head. "And I love him back." I whispered watching as she slowly fell asleep. I smiled and sighed resting my eyes soon falling asleep.

***

I smiled standing next to Balin and Dwalin waiting for Ori to enter the hall. "Relax Dwalin." I whispered seeing him fumbling with his hands. He glanced at me and frowned before jumping hearing the doors open to the hall. I watched everyone stand watching as Ori slowly made his way down the isle.

I smiled seeing that he was equally as nervous as Dwalin. Ori shakily took Dwalin's hands and looked at Balin. I hummed standing back listening to Balin as he recited the same words as he said during Rose's and I'd wedding. I smiled at her seeing her watching me. She blushed before looking at Tholvin.

I hummed and smiled hearing everyone cheering as Dwalin and Ori kissed. I smiled and clapped along with everyone. I walked over to Rose and kissed her temple and looked at Ferin and Ruby. "Can we follow?" Ruby asked. I smiled and nodded watching them disappear into the crowd following them to the dining hall.

"Go and join then I have to go and get their gift." I whispered to rose kissing her temple. She raised an eyebrow at me but nodded followed the crowd.

I silently made my way towards the hospital wing. I walked in and smiled seeing a few women walking around. "My king are you here for the little girl?" A woman asked me. I looked at her and nodded. "Yes. She is going to meet her new family today." I said following her to a little cot.

The woman smiled at me. "That's amazing! Dwalin and Ori will love her." She said lifting the small little girl from her cot making her wake.

I smiled big and took her carefully from her holding her close. "Perfect thank you." I said smiling at her. The woman nodded and waved me goodbye.

Slowly I made my way back to the dining hall hearing cheering. I looked at her seeing her fast asleep. I smiled and walked into the hall seeing many eyes look at me confused.

Rose looked at me and covered her mouth in shock and looked at her twin.

Dwalin was laughing with Nori and Bofur holding Ori close to his side. I smiled and made my way over to them.

"Dwalin. Ori ." I said softly catching their attentions. Dwalin looked at me and teared up seeing the baby girl in my arms. Ori looked at me confused. "Yes?" He asked shyly.

I smiled and laid the girl in his arms earning a gasp. "Meet your daughter." I whispered softly. Ori looked at me shocked then Dwalin seeing his tears. "A...are you serious?" Ori asked his voice small. I smiled and nodded. "Yes Ori. She has no one. Now she will have you two." I said softly.

Ori smiled and hugged me careful of her before pulling away admiring her.

I smiled and walked over to Rose. She smiled big at me and pulled me into a kiss. "You have such a big heart." She whispered smiling big.

Ruby ran over to me taking my fingers. "Come dance!" She gasped pulling me away from her mother. I laughed and twirled her around making her squeal with delight. I laughed and picked her up holding her close and kissed her cheek.

She giggled and leaned into me. I smiled and looked at Rose seeing her holing Ferin's Hands as she danced with him. I looked around and spotting Balin holding Tholvin. I smiled big and looked at Ruby. "I love you princess." I whispered kissing her nose.

She blushed and smiled. "I love you too Adad." She whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 295 34
Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the Middle-Earth to regain the former house...
122K 4.5K 141
I do not own The Hobbit or LOTR. The Hobbit is what I based this story off of. A Thorin Oakenshield x OC you might really enjoy like I do, and I wrot...
314K 11.6K 200
The world of J.R.R Tolkien is one of the greatest ever written about, and inspiration for these one shots and imagines. Read about your favourite Elv...
mithril By elle

Fanfiction

28.6K 843 37
Warrior. Shadow. Ruthless. The freest of hearts and sharpest of tongues. A survivor in her own right. A human girl, born of the ancient blood of Núm...