The Heat #WATTYS2019

By LexieTheLemur

Every year, two times a year, the Heat occurs. Unmated females with their first heats are let out in an expan... More

wolf culture
wolf dictionary
part 1
cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
thanks
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
part 2
cast 2.0
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
part 3
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Sequel

Chapter 19

18.1K 605 305
By LexieTheLemur

     The large whitish wolf trudged through the snow, his large paws indenting in the icy substance. Cold mist blew out from his nostrils and panting mouth, spreading into the chilly air before transforming into small crystals of ice and depositing on his head's fur and his whiskers. He glowed like a moon, or a thousand stars.

     Only one though occupied his mind, crystal clear. Find her. It was what kept him up at night, walking, walking, walking. It was what let him sleep merely five hours at a time, and it was his drive to hunt faster. He'd crossed paths with many males, and many unmated females, and he'd ignored them, stalking on. He had to get to Deep Snow City. Something pulled him through the Wulf Fangs, and to the city, and, he know somewhere, that he would meet her there, or that he would meet her on the road. It was a gut-wrenching feeling that drove him to the edge of his own sanity, his need to get to her overpowering everything.

     Mates.

     He'd known it from the start, when his soul had remembered hers, had recognized her. Magic had always told him what would happen when he met his mate.

     Fenris must have been so into his thoughts that when the scarred Feral jumped on him, he could only roll to the ground, maw open to reveal white teeth. He sunk the deadly daggers into his attacker's neck, tearing through rolls of fur and skin and muscle and reaching out for the vein of life. Finally, his pearly whites caught onto it, and he pulled, tearing out his opponent's throat. The beast let out a strangled cry of pain that ended in a gurgle as blood pumped out of his neck. Finally, he went limp.

     Fenris got up, as if nothing had happened. Nothing would keep him from accomplishing his oath.

•••

     The white hair of the female flew in her back like a flag— though it would have announced death instead of peace. She sat atop one of the many pine trees in the Pyrennees as she waited for Lycaon to come back with the food. She had hunted the day before, therefore he hunted today. The icy wind of mid-winter stung her face, whipping at it with a ferocious desire to kill. It did not know that she was more powerful than a simple human, and even than an average Wolf.

     She slunk down the tree like a squirrel as her sharp ears picked up the sound of pawsteps on the ground. She landed on the rug of pine needles and rotting leaves, splattered with snow, without a sound, just as the muscular outline of large black wolf detached itself from the surrounding shadows that crowded around him like faithful friends. Lycaon had always been loved by dark things. It reminded her of another male, one she longed to meet again.

"You make a lot of noise, Lycaon," she uttered when the wolf was at her feet.

     The beast melted into its naked human form and Lycaon took the pants the female was handing him. He slipped them on before opening his mouth with a crooked grin.

"That's what my one night stands have said. They liked it," he replied in a rocky voice.

     Rocky and rugged like his features.

"When will you ever grow up, brother?" the female tutted.

"Oh, Morrigan, I am over two thousand years old. It is time I go back to my teenaged tendencies. And I am not your brother," he laughed, a full, open-mouthed laugh that ricocheted off the trees as a lonely crow flew off, startled.

"You may not be my brother in blood, but in soul you are. And that is much more important than the ties of the blood and the marriage."

     She bent down on one knee, taking out a couple dozen stones from her backpack. She set them in a circle, around a pit she had previously dug in the ground, and proceeded to light a blazing fire.

"Yes, Morrigan. Indeed," and he picked up the two rabbits, starting to skin him with the sharp knife Morrigan had previously handed him.

     He then staked them on sharp branches and gave one to Morrigan so she could roast it the way she liked. She nodded in thanks. The pair waited around half an hour in small talk and banter as night draped its heavy darkness around them, and then they both bit in.

"So, how and when are we going to see Teras and the twins again? I almost miss the bastards," Lycaon questioned, juice dripping from his mouth.

"We'll be back in Wolven Dimension before we see them again. I don't exactly when though," she answered, wiping a piece of meat from her lip with her forearm.

"And what about Fenrir? Two thousand years ago you said something about his soul returning when Amarok's would."

"He was born before her. He is searching for her too, his soul recognized hers once more, though the girl's mind did not know what it meant. The boy knew though. Immediately. He tried to protect her. His wolf-soul is not fully awakened yet."

•••

     Teras rubbed the sleep from his eyes, groaning before getting up. He had found a portal to the Wolven Dimension a couple days before, and he had landed somewhere in the Southern parts of Ulfur. Since then, he had been running north, where the small tug in his soul was guiding him.

     At first, he'd stopped at various hotels and inns on the way, but, as the rumors spread faster than wildfire, the Beast had opted for a far more discreet mode of travelling. He'd been sleeping in shrubs and abandoned dens or on flatland when there had been no other choice. Last night he had stumbled upon a Lone Wolf's small cabin, and the she-Wolf had let him sleep there for the night.

     He got up from the rough wooden floor of the cabin and walked to the kitchen where his host was sitting on a stool, sipping a  cup of coffee with a book open in front of her.

"Good morning," he uttered in a gruff voice.

     She barely aknowledged him.

"Shall I cook breakfast or do you want me to go now?"

     She slammed her book shut and got up from the tall barstool, walking purposefully to the door at the end of the corridor. She opened it.

"You can leave. I do not want a male in my house after your kind forcefully took my sister to the Heat," and the way her mouth spoke 'your kind' was like poison on her lips.

    She seemed disgusted by it.

"What do you mean, 'the Heat'? I am not from around here," a lie, truthfully.

     He was a pureblooded Ulfurian Wolf, but he hadn't been here in two thousand years.

"Then you must come from one of the other isles, where males are just as sexist!" she snorted in contempt.

"I haven't been in the Wolven Dimension in two thousand years, Ma'am. I've only just come back," he whispered.

     She stared at him, eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?"

"I am Teras, the Beast."

•••

     A Wolf, even a Tracker Wolf, trained from birth to have the best sight, smell and ear of the Pack, would not have been able to notice the two wolves traipsing silently through the only major forest in the East. They were like two dancing speckles, one of light, one of dark, forming an intricate ballet with the shadows of the trees and the spots between the leaves. They were invisible, melting in their surroundings.

     The portal they had taken to the Wolven Dimension had dropped them off on a remote Eastern shore in what they now knew was the Wild Horse Pack lands. They had been discovered not long after by three patrol Wolves that had immediately brought them to their Alpha. The twins had stayed a total of an hour in their cell before managing to escape and running away. It was noticeable that either the Wolves had not learned of Geri and Freki, master prison-breakers, or they had forgotten about the pair's skills.

     And now, they were on their way to find their Queen, and accomplish anything she asked them to.

A/N) There! I hope it's not too late for y'all! I hope you like it also! Sorry for the crap presentation too, but my father blocked me out of my phone with one of his shitty maneuvers, so I can't update from there amd give you something pretty🙍‍♀️🙍‍♀️... I'm stuck with bold, italics and underlined...
So, you might ask me how the dare went. Well, my friend and I changed the scenario a bit because she thought it would be too awkward after the dare, so it went kinda like this:
Me: *sliding up to their table* *creepy smile on* *german accent* We have something important to ask you.
*they stare at me slightly weirded out*
Friend: *French accent* Milk, or cereal first?
And then a great debate ensued. I still do not know Mr. Hot Guy's name, though.
Anyways! I jumped 1m (a bit over three feet) with a pussy of a pony on Monday, and, let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!

- Lexie

Question of the day:

What's the name of your crush?

Yonatan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 160K 62
Now, I've been hungover before. I've experienced the entire earthly spectrum of emotion that comes with the joys of drinking until you can't stand. I...
1.4M 61.6K 34
-Completed- [Definitely not your average Werewolf story, if you expect love at first sight - please thou shall find a different book! :D] She was Cr...
82.3K 2.2K 21
I grabbed her arm for support and I swore her skin on mine was getting me high. I understood what was happening with me. I spun her around and pulle...
26K 1.9K 46
Family was something that Clover thought was a foreign concept and could possibly never happen to her. The eighteen-year-old, different female couldn...